[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tryed to save the many by killing the few >for some reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: kiritsugu_0.png (693KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kiritsugu_0.png
693KB, 1280x720px
>tryed to save the many by killing the few
>for some reason they said that wouldn't work because that'd eventually kill the many to save the few, finally kill all
>got lost and passed the curse onto his adopted son

I admit he totally fucked up everything though, then what should he have done?
>>
Who the fuck is he to judge if the world needs to be saved or not?

Fuck off, moron.
>>
>tryed
>>
He was a manchild who wanted to be a superhero.
>>
>>150482943
The world was saved. He didn't really fuck up anything. He could have left Shriou out of everything but then he'd have likely died then and there in the field anyway. I can't see fault in any of his choices.
>>
>>150482963
>durr hurr muh deontology

>>150482974
>hurr durr muh virtue ethics
>>
>>150482943
Hire Lelouch.
>>
>>150482943
Summon any servents but not saber
>>
>>150482943
>tried to save the many by killing the few
I'm sure there are more cases that you can save people without killing someone, in case you have to kill the robbers to save the hostages then level up your non-lethal take down. Saying that this is the only way means you have a very narrowed mind, or simply too crazy to be success
>>
>>150482943
If you kill the right people you can have a long lasting world peace.

I think the amount was around 20,000,000.
>>
>>150482943
Married Taiga
>>
>>150483549
The fuck are you babbling about, faggot?

I ain't here for your philosophical bullshit. It's obvious that nothing good will come out of killing, not to mention on massacre level like what Kiritsugu did. He was obviously fucked up in the head by the series of traumatic experiences he had been through to the point he thought he could single-handedly save the entire world and you're still gonna entrust him that "salvation"? Fuck off, edgelord. The right place for him should've been the asylum.
>>
>>150482943
>I admit he totally fucked up everything though, then what should he have done?
Stop the grail war.

Build an alliance with Kariya and Waver who don't want the grail.

Not even Gil could have beaten Saber + Iskander + Berserker.
>>
>>150486963
> to the point he thought he could single-handedly save the entire world

With a magical, wish-granting item whose existence is completely verified

Kiritsugu did plenty of bad things, but there's nothing wrong with his ultimate goal. If I was able to change the world for the better and reshape it in the way I believe it should be, I would do it regardless of any free will existential nonsense. If the human race can survive all of the miserable things it's endured up to this point, it can survive "b-but muh free will."
>>
>>150482943
It was a bad plan to start with. Considering he was working with this in mind for at least five or ten years, he really ought to have put more thought into his endgame.
>>
>>150487445
You never mentioned his attempts before he discovered the Grail. The man was insane.

> If the human race can survive all of the miserable things it's endured up to this point, it can survive

Exactly my point. So you're gonna "save" my ass but very possibly kill my family in the process? No thanks and btfo. this very character's existence disgusts me to no end.
>>
>>150487704
>he really ought to have put more thought into his endgame.
What the fuck was his endgame anyway? He just went along with Gil and Kirei's scheme.
>>
>>150487725
Get the grail. Make a wish for something he couldn't imagine. Hope it works.
>>
File: Cute.jpg (80KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cute.jpg
80KB, 1366x768px
>>150487719
Yeah, I agree. Kiritsugu was born in late 1965, so the zombie incident was probably around 1978. Shota 1970s Kiritsugu was cute, 1980s Kiritsugu was evil and shit, 1990s Grail War and fatherhood Kiritsugu was pretty cool.
>>
>>150487750
>Hope it works.
This is something that has baffled me for ages. It won't work. It CAN'T work. The Holy Grail, in its uncorrupted form, is nothing more than a bottomless well of energy. If the Angry Manjew wasn't in it turning any wish into "KILL ALL HUMANS" it wouldn't even be able to grant any wishes issued through vague statements like "I want to have world peace". Whatever is left of Justeaze in it would likely just return an error message.
And Kerry should know that since he literally worked for the people who designed the damn thing. He should know that the Grail isn't some genie, it's just a fuel source.
Kerry is a fucking retard. He's more naive than Irisviel and she's mentally five years old.
>>
>>150482943
He should've drowned in his ideals and died. How the fuck did nobody figure out the grail was cursed until the fourth war? I'm pretty sure that if you do get the chance to make a wish you have to very precise or it will start killing people to make the wish be realized.
>>
>>150488500
That bothered me a bit. Even if the Grail was compliant and amiable to the people making wishes, and was inclined to interpret the wishes in the most positive way that still remains faithful to the intention of the wish, he didn't even really know what he was asking for in the first place. He wanted it to do something he couldn't comprehend, in a way he couldn't conceive of, to produce a result he couldn't imagine. And he's still convinced that this shit might work.
>>
>>150482943
He should stop sipping the koolaid and stop working for assholes.
Open a firing range or a gun shop and enjoy a far happier life shitting on niggers and liberals.
>>
>>150488639
Secondary pls. It was only corrupted in the 3rd but the vessel was destroyed before it manifested there.

>if you do get the chance to make a wish you have to very precise
No, it's literally just billions of curses to kill the majority of the world's population now.
There never was a "wish" thing anyway, that's just the false advertising by the founders to fool people so they could do Heaven's Feel.
>>
>>150488639
>then what should he have done?
Did what everyone else did.
Recognize what is most important to him and his life and work to protect it.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>It takes most people years to be able to turn off their emotions and kill others

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>150488823
Literally what it says.
>>
>>150488922
So killing doesn't come easy to anyone? Not even assassins and hardened killers?
>>
>>150488975
For most, only after years of experience on the job. Literally what it says.
>>
>>150488776
>Secondary
I never bothered to read Zero, wasn't really a big fan of it compared to stay night. I forgot how the third war went out besides the Einzberns summoning Berserker Angra Mainyu and losing early in war which lead to the grail being cursed.
>>
>>150489472
Pretty sure that info about how the 3rd went was in F/HA, not Zero.
Regardless, if you read F/SN you should know that making a wish was always impossible.
>>
>>150489049
But aren't people like Natalia heartless monsters strong enough to handle anything?
>>
Why is /a/ always so opposed to Kiritsugu's morals?

"Killing 10 people to save literally thousands is WRONG, because killing is BAD!" t. /a/
>>
>>150489670
I rather slap and beat the living shit out of the faggot that order or trick me to kill 10 people.
>>
>>150489534
She only became like that after years of killing people. Literally what it says.
>>
His life is full of worthless shit, even he doesn't actually need to kill his father.
>>
>>150489670
The problrm isn't with killing ten to save a thousand, it's killing a thousand to save a thouand and one. And even that isn't the real problem with Kiritsugu, the problem is that he is literally incapable of coming up with solutions that don't involve killing everyone involved.
>>
Kiritsugu still a real hero tho. He saved world from Graill. Choosing others over family is hard decision and I don't think anyone can do this
>>
>>150492693
Some of the Revolutionary War leaders let their sons die when the British held them for ransom, so Kiritsugu falls in line with them.
>>
>>150489670
See >>150486963. People actively reject the idea that their metaethics should be "thought through," "consistent" etc.
>>
File: scale of salvation.png (1MB, 800x1577px) Image search: [Google]
scale of salvation.png
1MB, 800x1577px
>>150482943
>what should he have done?
He should have SAVED EVERYONE.
>>
>>150482943
Protect those he cared for. He lost his wife and his daughter
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.