[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anno basically admitting to the theory that he's just m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: anno.png (45KB, 769x357px) Image search: [Google]
anno.png
45KB, 769x357px
Anno basically admitting to the theory that he's just milking Eva for money to use on new projects. If this isn't chaotic good I don't know what is.
http://www. anime-now.com/entry/2016/12/03/000006
>>
That's good and smart.

Do something different with cash cow to do something different.
>>
index
>>
I see literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>150460072
>chaotic good
Necromancy's some evil right there
>>
File: necromancer.png (53KB, 1231x681px) Image search: [Google]
necromancer.png
53KB, 1231x681px
Just what you would expect from the master, Mr. Anno.
>>150460753
>Necromancy's some evil
This is what they want you to believe.
>>
>>150460072
Based.

And lets not pretend the next rebuild movie won't cause a shitstorm. You know everyone will be watching that shit.
>>
>>150460072
I don't mind him milking evangelion, the movies are still entertaining.

Unlike Akira Toryiama milking dragon ball(every new series/movies get worse and worse), at least with Anno you get decently made evangelion movies and another projects.
>>
>>150460945
Rebuild is worse than Super.
>>
What's he done with all the Rebuild money?

Other than pay for lawyers to go after Gainax
>>
>>150461037
He buys Ikuhara's love
>>
>>150461037
Aniexpo? Not something that could've been done without lots of funding.
>>
>>150460072
>Anno basically admitting to the theory that he's just milking Eva for money to use on new projects.

He's also suing Gainax which will kill funding for the P&S 2 and any other upcoming works. That may force Gainax to pay off Anno by transferring P&S, Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, Die Buster, and other property rights to Khara. Clever move to hit when someone is vulnerable.
>>
File: 1439037472641.jpg (28KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1439037472641.jpg
28KB, 337x404px
>>150460945
>at least with Anno you get decently made evangelion movies
>>
>>150460072
So he is actually an evil prick. Glad to know I was right and always knew he was a hack fraud. Hope he gets cancer and die.
>>
You're a moron if you didn't already figure this out.
>>
But can he make another industry changer masterpiece? It has been 20 years since nge.
>>
>>150462045
Well, we know he would rather be killing more IPs than actually creating them.
>>
File: image.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563KB, 867x766px
DON'T YOU GET IT?
I'M USING EVA AS A CASHCOW
TO END EVA AS A CASHCOW
>>
>>150461763
>>150462105
>Well, we know he would rather be killing more IPs than actually creating them.
>So he is actually an evil prick.
The timing of the suits makes it opportunistic to the point of being a Shylock.

If it was just money, he could negotiate a higher payment rate. But what he probably wants, as in many other lawsuits in the world's history, is actually not the money, but access to the crown jewels. In this case, the property rights for all those intellectual properties.

Once he has those, he can then use his stronger financial position to re-negotiate new production deals for P&S 2 or for Gunbuster 3. Other production committees can negotiate better terms with Gainax due to weakness, but Khara can demand stronger terms as Anno has the EVA cashcow and no real permanent staff to eat his money as does Gainax. Anno is a real contract animator hirer compared to Gainax.
>>
>>150462532
>Once he has those, he can then use his stronger financial position to re-negotiate new production deals for P&S 2 or for Gunbuster 3. Other production committees can negotiate better terms with Gainax due to weakness, but Khara can demand stronger terms as Anno has the EVA cashcow and no real permanent staff to eat his money as does Gainax. Anno is a real contract animator hirer compared to Gainax.

Nonono, he wouldn't even need to do that. All he needs is to increase merchandising and royalty fees for those. Instant cash, no work. Just what he wants.
>>
>>150462532
When such a deal happens, I will think otherwise of him. At the moment. At the moment, all I see is just a nipjew grabbing at shekels from a dying studio that has a bunch of my favorite IPs.
>>
>>150460971
Damn, you really have the shittiest taste
>>
>>150462714
I have to say being conned into buying rebuild movies means you have shittier tastes. Especially how bad they are.
>>
>>150462769
I never said the Rebuild movies are great, I consider them ranging from decent to a bit shitty.
Super on the other hand is straight garbage.
>>
>>150462105
>he would rather be killing more IPs than actually creating them.

Gainax is too weak to develop further sequels, so in one sense it makes more sense to give up those rights to someone else that can better use them.

Anno is infamous for greed as to how other past partners were treated. So he's not a good choice to hold the IP rights for gunbuster, nadia, panty & stocking, die buster, gurren lagann, pleiades, or others because too many others don't want to work with Anno unless they can negotiate really strict terms unlike with normal contracts. The paradox is that stricter contracts should mean surrendering more profits to the studio, but in Anno/Khara's case, they are predatory. SO onerous contact terms should give Khara/Anno no premium but be the NORMAL situation.

Otherwise, there will be more sad cases like how Anno screwed over NHK and other producers in the past.
>>
>>150462714
Not an argument.
>>
>>150462638
Gratitude is for the dogs -Stalin

Anno seems to be like that when money is concerned.
>>
>>150462893
t. /pol/
>>
If Anno DOES do a hostile takeover of Gainax after this, I'll lose any respect I ever had for him in the first place. Even Lucas never stooped that low.
>>
>>150462860
Rebuild is just rehashed garbage with sprinkles on it. The sprinkles being a new waifu for yuri baiting, and a fucking terrible story turn. Super is at least at it's heart faithful for being a silly pun driven shonen comedy. Just like Dragon Ball, and not the teenage driven edge Z was.

You must be one of those idiots that never watched Dragon Ball, so your opinion is discarded.
>>
>>150460072
Anno's new project.

As the figurative speech would be:
Yamaga: Was making us fall into debt part of your plan
Anno: of course, imashi refused my offer in favor of yours

Yamaga: So what is your next step of your master plan
Anno: A hostile takeover with no survivors
>>
>>150462872
>Anno screwed over NHK
>>
>>150460072
Good. Eva fans deserve it.
>>
>>150463004
t. /r/eddit

>>150463028
Pretty much this. Anno really gives zero shits for fans of any anime/manga series. He is a wash up artist who thinks he is under rated genius.
>>
>>150463040
>You must be one of those idiots that never watched Dragon Ball, so your opinion is discarded.
I'm 24, I live in Italy and don't worry, Dragonball and DBZ have aired so many fucking times on national TV that I saw both series from start to finish at least 3 times.
Super is embarrassing, stop trying to defend it.
>>
Are you people are mentally ill?

A company you all like is the people that work at it, not the brand name. Those people are now, mostly, at Khara and Trigger.

Anno was the more important person and founder of Gainax in the first fucking place.
>>
>>150462105
>why is everyone think gainax is going bankrupt?
After he acquires those other IPs, he can milk them too just like with EVA. And if he waits long enough, some of those titles are sort of "timeless" so he can simply do a full remake. To the new audience, it would be essentially a new work and new merchandising opportunity. But he needs the IPs first so he has to sue Gainax into bankruptcy to force their hand.
>>
>>150460072
Just like with those hacks, Toriyama and Watsuki.
>>
>>150463202
They owe him money.
>>
>>150463152
>Super is embarrassing, stop trying to defend it.
Its only embarrassing if you take it seriously. So that is on you faggot. It brings me great joys when you faggots bitch and moan how stupid it is. I set here enjoying its whacky hijinks like it should always have been.
>>
>>150463113
>Anno really gives zero shits for fans of any anime/manga series.
In 2010, Anno got some heat for being negative on anime fans.
>>
>>150463252
Otaku, or fans? I mean people that generally love a series, not for the waifus. I can give two shits about otaku, but fans. That is a different story.
>>
Reminder, if Anno was a legit "artist". He would be funding his own side projects. he is not fucking hurt for money, and he also has a lot of followers. He has not done shit all in over two decades.

Prove me wrong.

Post it.
>>
>>150463387
>He would be funding his own side projects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Animator_Expo
>>
>>150463416
This is great, but what about his projects? Making a stage for other indie animators is great, but attack a studio for more money. Especially when announcing a long demanded sequel to a series.
>>
>>150463548
They owe him money. How do you not understand this? I'm not saying it's good, or even defending it, but they do owe it.

I'd rather have PSG2 than another Rebuild, but making these inane accusations is just silly.
>>
>>150463279
Maybe not related, but where I come from the anime "community" and people who watched Evangelion avoid each-other almost actively.
>>
>>150463659
There are lenders from hell and there are ones that aren't Merchants of Venice types. History has seen all types of predatory lendors who hope the person they lend to actually gets into trouble. That is called predatory lending.

Another type goes beyond the predatory lending and is the "merchant of venice" type lendor who wants to totally destroy the borrower. Then the lendor can pick and choose the best bits of the carcass and make a far bigger profit from the death of the borrower than if the borrower remained alive to pay back the loan with interest.

Anno seems to be in the merchant of venice mode because he has a bad past history with the way he opportunistically uses monetary situations to screw others.
>>
>>150463548
>This is great, but what about his projects? Making a stage for other indie animators is great, but attack a studio for more money.

He doesn't want just the missing royalties, he's filing a lawsuit for over $800,000 in addition to the royalties he's already owed under contract which is about a third of Gainax's annual income from this past year. That's money that would otherwise go towards new projects, which they were already struggling to put out these past couple years.
>>
>>150464339
>seems
We quite literally have zero evidence of any of that being the case. In fact, all the details seem pretty clear.
>>
>>150464451
Merchant of Venice is not a good example because many people (including 4channers in this thread as seen by their posts) believe that if someone is owed the pound of flesh, they should get it. It's only because shakespeare was a liberal that the lendor got screwed of profits in the story.

Moral: Anno is owed his pound of flesh and he should get it even though it will kill Gainax. A borrower has no right to assume a lendor has any kindness in their heart.
>>
>>150462106
Fucking spot on
>>
>>150464451
If organ harvesting was legal in Japan, Anno would do it. He's into milking IP for money. No "seems" about it as he's posted about that.
>>
>>150461520
>transfer all those IPs

Code Name: Trigger Girls: The Return of Space Patrol is gonna happen at this rate.
>>
>>150465208
After the lawsuit is completed for more than the loan, Anno will have both the money (which was coming in) and the IP rights pennies on the dollar. It's a master stroke for him to put this lawsuit out just at the right time to dry up Gainax's existing projects. Ruthless and effective.

The same thing happens with patent holders. You can have the legal patent, but someone comes to sue you over and over until you run out of money. You are then forced to sell the patent to them because you can't afford to defend yourself. But if you did have enough money, you would have won each lawsuit. This attrition tactic is one of the problems in intellectual property law.
>>
>>150464451
>>150463659
All evidence proves right now Anno is a nipjew looking for his shekles. Especially with the timing of the lawsuit.
>>
>anime industry is so bad they are cannibalizing each other
sausage Anno

You do Trump proud.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 125x104px
REMINDER ANNO HAS THE RIGHTS FOR NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND

In-depth miniseries exploring the manga when?!
>>
File: conman.jpg (24KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
conman.jpg
24KB, 275x270px
>>150466336
>In-depth miniseries exploring the manga when?!
>>>[RAUGHS EXTERNALLY]<<<
>>
>>150460971
lol no
>>
>>150467463
kek yes
>>
>>150460466
This, actually.

If milking Eva gets shit like Shin Godzilla, then do it.
>>
>>150466538
RTGL: Rebuild Toppa Gurren Lagann

Rebuild of Cooly Fooly

Rewoven Panty & Stockings
>>
>>150468947
>Rebuild Toppa Gurren Lagann
>Rebuild of Cooly Fooly
>Rewoven Panty & Stockings
That sounds horrible. Please don't give me that kind of anxiety.
>>
>>150469212
EVA was when Anno and all the people together at Gainax worked on the project. The time they had was limited.

Rebuild and the others were after years of Anno's own personal efforts. So after all that extra time, Rebuild was all he did.
>>
>>150470279
It's been so many years since EVA and Anno (and whoever is around him) haven't really done anything all that great. Anno probably needed all the other inventive minds at Gainax for a proper synergy. Apart from each other, all the components that made up the original Gainax don't seem to have done as well. The sum of the parts is less than the whole.

They came so far since the ambitious Daicon III and Daicon IV videos that launched Gainax. And now they seem to be trying to create a corpse.
>>
File: 5e necromancer.jpg (171KB, 1430x935px) Image search: [Google]
5e necromancer.jpg
171KB, 1430x935px
>>150460821
>>
>>150460072
imokwiththis.jpg
>>
>chaotic good
Nothing about milking eva or anno doing new projects is good.
>>
>>150460072
Your face when I been telling Gainaxfags that Gainax doesn't earn money these days since all EVA merchandise has scrubbed the Gainax brand and only have Khara attached these days.

Also, all the Gainax stuff you used to care about left to Trigger or Khara.

The only people still staying at Gainax are the rejects too beta to join Khara or Trigger.
>>
>>150471167
Gainax used to make PC games. People on /v/ and /a/ still play the game.

I think it was called Princess Maker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Maker

Anno should be a bro and make Princess Maker 3.
>>
>>150460072
>theory
Everyone would have told you it was pretty obvious.
>>
>>150460072
>Chaotic Good
You could not be further from the truth.
He's not making new Eva content because he wants his fans to have what they want. He's doing it for himself, which is evil at worst.
He's not disregarding the system that he's a part of for the benefit of his fans, he's playing the system that already exists, which is Lawful.
If Anno didn't have money trouble, he would not work on Eva. He's Lawful Evil at worst, True Neutral at best.
>>
>>150475120
>He's Lawful Evil at worst, True Neutral at best.
This

Fuck the entitled cunt.
>>
File: -.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
-.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>150463040
>Rebuild is just rehashed
>>
File: 1390548762769.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1390548762769.png
148KB, 300x300px
And what exactly has he done other than some shorts and a remake? I'll believe it when Khara makes a new property.
>>
>>150463548
He just directed the best Godzilla since the fist one.
>>
>>150475409
Rebuild is a sequel.
>>
>>150475409
Wasn't he going to make a new Godzilla anime soon?
>>
>>150476667
That was the Butcher.
>>
>>150475414
That's because it was a modern retelling of the first one. It's literally The Force Awakens of Godzilla.
>>
>>150476823
Isn't he busy palying with dolls?
>>
Anno has gone though the ringer and has accepted the ugly reality of the world, would it be better if he lied?
>>
>>150477224
Also yes.
>>
File: premiumtomato.jpg (95KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
premiumtomato.jpg
95KB, 580x387px
>>150472521
>Gainax doesn't earn money these days

Not even from tomatoes?
>>
>>150477520
If I start eating more tomatoes will I be helping GAINAX in some way?
>>
>>150477633
Yes
>>
>>150477520

So they fund their animation by selling tomatoes while Anno constantly sues the heck out of them every year?
>>
>>150477841
Less funding and more like a tax avoidance scheme. Gainax has been super jew about their money. They have set up a bunch of shell companies to move shit around

Anno is in the right to sue the fuck out of them, they don't even really animate anymore
>>
>>150477763
Well, time to add that salad to my daily meals.
>>
File: adiane2.jpg (43KB, 713x400px) Image search: [Google]
adiane2.jpg
43KB, 713x400px
>>150475414 >>150476858
>He just directed the best Godzilla since the fist one.
He was co-director. Toho was rebooting the whole japanese godzilla series for a fresh modern start. So of course moviegoers were more interested than with just a rehash of the old rubber suit monster. Anno commented on the prospect of returning for movie #2 scheduled for March 22, 2019, “I'm good. It'd be more interesting if they changed directors. Toho won't let me do it. There'd be a lot of difficulties."

Anno didn't address the specific difficulties that he would have, nor why Toho supposedly won't “let him do it,” but he did assure Evangelion fans that the final film of the Rebuild of Evangelion series is coming.

Reviews of Shin Godzilla varied as seen at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Godzilla#Critical_reception

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/08/16/godzilla-resurgence-review-surprisingly-good-and-very-much-classic-gainax/#9d85a0c6bf1a

http://www.scified.com/news/hideaki-anno-unlikely-to-return-for-shin-godzilla-2
>>
>>150460072
I think everyone knows this, anon
>>
File: tsuki.jpg (346KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tsuki.jpg
346KB, 1680x1050px
>>150463206
What about type-moon?
>>
>>150476275
I meant that Patlabor thing not Rebuild.
>>
Do you really think anyone would waste time retelling the same story yet again if it wasn't for money?
You finish a project and you move to something else, you only go back if you need money.
Even if you think he really wanted to make changes to the story, the first film is almost the same.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.