[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they make more harem series where the MC isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: lol.png (840KB, 1200x1703px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
840KB, 1200x1703px
Why don't they make more harem series where the MC isn't scared shitless of girls?

Because someone says "muh self insert MC", keep in mind that otakus don't seem to have any problems inserting into heroic MCs like Guts.
>>
>lol.png
>>
I support this claim. I however have no interest in seeing self absorbed dudes with fringes and deep dark voices and shitty lines enter mainstream anime.
>>
He'd fug all the girls and we can't have that.
>>
>>150357683
what if he's gay?
>>
Lacks conflict and potential merchandising with too much used goods.
>>
>not self inserting as the girl.
>>
>What's him giving
>>
>>150357710
>I'm the main character of a harem manga, but I'm gay so every day is hell for me.
http://imgur.com/gallery/T6ryU
>>
File: every harem ever.jpg (49KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
every harem ever.jpg
49KB, 640x362px
There's a few series that I know of that are like that, except usually the MC is also a cocky douchebag. It would be nice to see an anime where the high school boy actually acts like a boy in high school, not running away from sex with beautiful women.
>>
>>150357582

Go watch school days.
>>
Because no matter who MC chooses, legions of otakus will boycott it and slam it on social media for not chosing any of the others instead.
>>
>>150357582
better yet, why don't why start making yuri harems?
>>
File: 8man.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8man.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
He isn't scared shitless of girls, he just doesn't like them. He thinks they are drama incarnate.
>>
File: 1409647974144.jpg (2MB, 2554x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1409647974144.jpg
2MB, 2554x2000px
>>150357683
But it works, time and again.
>>
>>150358226
>School Days
>>
>>150358524
He's gay though
>>
>>150358697
Yes, but he still a harem protagonist.
>>
File: 35.jpg (401KB, 1280x1829px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
401KB, 1280x1829px
>>150357582
Entente Cordiale > Nipland
>>
>>150358524
Well he's right.
>>
It's an excuse for why sex scenes cant be included. Naturally, if any real man had 15 women fighting for his dick he would fuck them as soon as it was possible to do so. Unfortunately, they cant publish sex scenes in these light novels and sell them to children.

So in order to justify the lack of sex they usually just make the MC beta as fuck or too retarded to notice their affection. In order to have an alpha MC the author must come up with a creative answer to the lack of sex. One recent example I can think of is Ochitekita Ryuuou which justifies it by saying the female characters will lose their magic powers if they give birth.
>>
>>150358023
>one shot

so much wasted potential
>>
>>150358335
There absolutely are yuri harems, most notably Prisma Illya.
>>
>>150357582
Most of the time they're not scared of girls, though. They just have different priorities or already have a crush on a specific girl.
>>
>>150357582
Its so we can feel superior to the Mc and perpetuate the illusion that "oh maybe i can get those girls too even though im a beta weeb"
>>
>>150360320
>he thinks prisma illya is a yuri harem and not a yuri fanservice show
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.