[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the old JoJo OVAs worth watching as an alternative for Stardust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 0.png (985KB, 1376x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
985KB, 1376x1080px
Are the old JoJo OVAs worth watching as an alternative for Stardust Crusaders?

Let me explain what I mean to sound less retarded.

First things first, I'm not dumb - I'm aware the new SC anime is objectively better than the old OVAs from the technical standpoint and there's no point in comparing the two in that way.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'll explain why I'm even asking that question in the first place.

So, some time ago I watched the BluRay 2012 series of JoJo and loved it. For now, however, I have literally no way of obtaining the SC BluRays, legally or not, and every streaming site in the universe only has the censored-to-shit TV version, which I'm not going to bother with cause I'm allergic to censorship (and no, the censorship doesn't come close to "not being that bad", in fact it's fucking terrible so just fuck off with that meme).

Since the old OVAs cover the same part of the manga as the new anime series does, are they worth watching as an alternative in my situation?
>>
File: eat shit.png (38KB, 169x419px) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.png
38KB, 169x419px
Read the manga
>>
>>150353557
I don't read manga.
>>
File: 1454706657501.jpg (1017KB, 1280x5200px) Image search: [Google]
1454706657501.jpg
1017KB, 1280x5200px
>>150353436
Torrent. If you can't torrent, find other ways to download.
If you can't even manage that, just fuck off.
>>
>>150353642
If I could torrent it I would've done it already. My hard drive's busted though so I can't, that's why I'm in this shitty situation, asking if a 1993 adaptation is worth watching over a much better 2014 adaptation.
>>
>>150353436
The OVA covers the more important fights and does Jotaro vs DIO much better than DP's version of it, so unless you don't wanna read the manga, I think the OVA should be fine
>>
>>150353845
I think my brain melted there a little and lost the power of comprehensive reading, so I have to confirm - are you saying that I should read the manga alongside the OVA or that it's not required and I should be fine? Because I have no intention of reading the manga at all.
>>
>>150353436
>I'm aware the new SC anime is objectively better than the old OVAs from the technical standpoint and there's no point in comparing the two in that way.
Actually, no. If you want the original storyline, read the manga, but as an animation the OVA whoops the anime's ass.
>>
>>150353681
>a much better 2014 adaptation.
lol
>>
>>150353436
The OVAs aren't as lighthearted as the 2012 series, but it has some incredible animation in the later episodes, especially in the showdown between Jotaro and DIO.

It also adapted the more important sections of part 3, so you won't miss out on a lot story-wise if you go for the OVAs instead.
>>
>>150353977
not the guy youre replying to, but the OVA has more fluid animation than the anime, however it also cuts out a lot, for better or for worse

the anime is accurate, but to the point where things that looked ok on the page become very confusing and strange when translated to animation
like them flying, in the manga it's debatable whether the panel is in mid-air for a cool shot, but the anime translates that to them floating in midair for 40 seconds while someone monologues

tl;dr version yeah just watch the OVA for now, and then catch up with the anime when you get the chance
I'm pretty sure a fair chunk of jojo fans watched the OVA as their first exposure to the series altogether, I know I did
>>
>>150354390
That's all I needed to know. Thanks a lot for clearing that up mate.
>>
Do you really not have $50 to buy a hard drive?
>>
>>150354565
I don't come from a first world country so it's much more expensive than that for me, sadly. It sucks being poor.
>>
>>150353604
> I'm an autist
I see.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.