[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of having him survive Tokyo Ghoul and tease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Amon_in_re.png (116KB, 370x388px) Image search: [Google]
Amon_in_re.png
116KB, 370x388px
What was the point of having him survive Tokyo Ghoul and tease him althrough :re just to have him killed right after his reappearence?
>>
Eto is dead.
>>
>>150290658
yeah that's an even worse offender, they just built her up for 23 volumes just to kill her offscreen to show how much of a badass the new villain (who had zero development by that point) was.
There's subverting expectations and then there's just doing random shit.
I don't even get how Arima being on the ghoul's side all along and being the one eyed king made any sense, all he did was kill them.
>>
>>150290372
I'm pretty sure Ishida tried to make him as the catalyst for Takizawa to change.

Ishida being the shitty writer he is, made his return very underwhelming and killing him off just like that goes to show his terrible ideas.

There is also a possibility that hes also being held captive and being used for his kakuhou since he can go full kakuja, CCG needs to rebuild there power again after the cochlea raid and Rue island attack.

in general, don't go assuming just yet, Ishida is the new Kubo after all.
>>
he's not dead
stop making this shitpost retard
>>
>>150290880
to be fair I thought that doing a fakeout death twice would be bullshit but I'm not putting anything past this manga at this point.
I can't wrap my mind around Arima and Eto wanting peace between ghouls and humans since the beginning when both Aogiri Tree and Arima did nothing but murder people, maybe I am retarded but that seems to make absolutely no sense
>>
>>150290372
>>150290658
>these guys really think amon and eto are dead
>they really think amon is gonna die before meeting donato
>they really think eto is gonna die when his father is alive and without kaneki saving her, also ishida made her a fucking illustration with kaneki yesterday
You also believed rize was dead right?
Ishida took back dead characters with any purpose in the story like koma and irimi, do you really think those two, whose stories are not completed, are dead?
>>
>>150291490
How could either of them be alive though? We clearly saw Eto die and Amon already had a fake out, this time he was crushed in a room full of investigators, you'd think at least one will check to make sure he isn't still alive.
Not saying it's impossible but it would be an even bigger asspull.
Also is there any indication that yoshimura is still alive other than assumptions? I'm surprised that none from the old anteiku group seems to give a shit about it
>>
>>150290658
>>150290372
Did you really eat that shit?
The only one I am not sure if he is alive is shachi, but even he is probably alive, because that chapter didnt had any meaning besides "lets kill shachi", we didnt saw the deuteragonist of tokyo ghoul dying and we didnt saw eto dying and after 20 fucking chapters we didnt get confirmation and when someone talks about takatsuki kaneki puts suspicious faces.
If eto were dead, ishida would have show her falling or something in chapter 99 in the flashback, and the last we saw her she was talking with kaneki
Same with hide
>>
>>150291689
are you implying that hide could be alive or did I misread that?
Because that fucker is the deadest character in tokyo ghoul
>>
>>150291667
We saw eto close her eyes yeah, but the funny thing is that chapter 99 happens after her "dying" and if you look closely, she has already healed pretty much all her body except the legs maybe
we saw amon geting crushed like we saw touka, hinami, ayato, banjou and yomo getting crushed
>>
>>150291809
Forgot to say chapter 99 flashback happens after we saw her dying
>>
>>150291809
what the fuck is the point then? Just to have a "got ya" moment later on? What do constant fake deaths add to the story?
>>
>>150290372
The whole point of the series is to deconstruct battle shonen/tragedy/endless twist type storytelling that fills the genre. It's playing with and undermining these tropes, while also makin guse of them in a slightly more literary, but still middlebrow, jokey way. It's probably just not going to make sense to you as reader unless you're at least a little familiar with the things being commented on with the structure and elements of the story. And if you're zeroing in on single plot points like this, it suggests you truly don't get it at all.
>>
>>150292115
>this reminds me of those fags who did some try hard symbolism from the name Evangeleon
>>
>>150292115
not everything is satire and especially not this. This reminds me of people calling Nisekoi satire.
It's just generic battle manga with the same twists as naruto, both in nature and in execution.
Doing the same exact thing as every other battle manga is not "satire", it's just doing the same thing
>>
>>150291689
>>150291490
Eto is dead. Its time to let go and move on.
>>
>>150292483
Ishida didnt draw her two days ago and dedicated her and kaneki a fucking song because she is dead
>>
>>150292640
He only honors the fallen like any traditional japanese would.
>>
>people still believe eto is dead
Kek
>>
>>150290372
Cockblock me.
>>
>>150293085
*to
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.