[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've watched 29 episodes of this shit and I still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hisoka teardrop.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hisoka teardrop.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
I've watched 29 episodes of this shit and I still don't get what everyone is circlejerking over it for
Am I missing something or what
Are my standards just too high? I feel like I have to be missing something if it's literally universally praised.
>>
>>150242488
It's one of the better shounen, but it's still a shounen. So if you don't normally enjoy watching shounen anime, HxH probably isn't for you.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-27-00h07m23s110.png (561KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-27-00h07m23s110.png
561KB, 1280x722px
>>150242488
Watched 125.
So many shit in this title
>>
>>150242488
I don't like when people say stuff like this, but it actually gets good at around episode 50.
>>
>>150242488
It gets better as it goes on and starts do develop nen shit, Kurapika arc is nice and it definitely peaks during the Chimera Ants arc
Lately I've been keen for a rewatch but the 100+ episodes til it gets really good sucks
>>
I feel like it's so highly praised because it mixes seinen elements with shounen. Coming from a show like One Piece where nobody really dies until you're almost 500 episodes in, HxH is really refreshing. The characters are actually human and are really fucking easy to kill, especially if the killer is a nen user. On top of that, the main character can't win everything with willpower. He gets outclassed constantly.

But like someone else said, it's still a shounen.
>>
>>150242698
Maybe that's just it. I'm probably just not the target audience, I've seen all this shit before. I guess the majority of the fanboys are just younger and don't know any better, as pretentious as that sounds, it's probably true.
>>
>>150243240
I mean, just 'cause you don't like it doesn't mean that the people who do don't have good taste or experience. I think Your Lie in April was shit and I could write a book on why I think it's garbage, but that doesn't mean that the hundreds of people that gave it a 10 despite having seen 500+ shows just are wrong. I just disliked it for reasons that weren't a big deal to them because people are different.
>>
>>150242488
Maybe they're talking about the 1999 version, which has a much better soundtrack imho. The remake starts out quite mediocre but gets better over time especially during the chimera ant arc
>>
>>150242488
>he believed the retarded MALfags
lol u got what you deserved
>>
>>150242488
>everyone is simply circlejerking over it
That's correct.
>>
>>150242488
HxH kind of requires some basework / understanding from the chapters where nen is explained - it can be quite confusing just starting off from the later arcs.

Fighting scenes are solid throughout the series (MADHOUSE did a good decision of saving some of the budget over "boring" moments for fight scenes).
>>
>>150242488
Yes, youre missing that it literally doesnt get hood until the arc after heavens arena. Im afraid you'll have to put in work,friend
>>
>>150243240
That's not necessarily the case, the praise it gets isn't based on the episodes you saw. It's mostly centred on two later arcs which really stand out, and definitely earned their praise regardless of the genre. You might like them if you decide to stick with it, but there's no need to force yourself through something you're not enjoying just in case you enjoy it later.
>>
>>150245395
Don't listen to him op it's awful
>>
>>150242488
I felt the same and I watched the entire thing, you probably will be bored the whole way through.
I bet the manga's better though but I wonder by how much.
>>
>>150242488
So I've been watching this lately as well, and I agree that I don't get the hype behind it.
I enjoy it just fine, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why people say it's great, when in my opinion it's just average.
Most any problem or situation Gon deals with I can describe as "he won/survived because he's the main character".
I don't think I'm at the 100 episode mark everyone talks about, but even so having to wait a hundred episodes for it to be anything better than just average is a bum deal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.