[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which isekai has managed to achieve 'best' wish fulfillment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 539
Thread images: 47

File: Eris.jpg (76KB, 317x451px) Image search: [Google]
Eris.jpg
76KB, 317x451px
Which isekai has managed to achieve 'best' wish fulfillment without trying to break the mold?
>>
File: 1342974948511.jpg (137KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1342974948511.jpg
137KB, 1440x810px
Nobuna.

>grand strategy nerd lands in his favorite time setting
>historical figures are cute girls
>MC has to genuinely git gud and contribute to things or he'll carry his boss's sandals around
>MC genuinely tries to rewrite history and this causes butterfly effects that land him in trouble
>>
Youjo Senki.
>salaryman dies
>meets God
>"salaryman-kun, are you ready for you next life?"
>muh cience
>salaryman proceeds to trash talk god
>God decides to punish him by making so he is born on a magic world where science is useless
>he is reborn as a magic loli
>he is the so strong he turns into an army general
>a Nazi magic general, to be more specific.
>Magic Loli Nazi General.
>>
>>150120148
Mushoku tensei
>>
>>150120541
>best wish fulfillment
>salaryman wants nothing more than a cushy job but keeps getting sent to dangerous situations and has to pray to a god he has no faith in
>>
>>150120274
>MC has to genuinely git gud

No he doesn't, he's fucking retarded. All he does is copy what is recorded in history or think up a silly method to counter it and still barely get by the skin of his teeth. Furthermore, half the time he just does what the recorded historical people do as an exact copy acting like it was his plan when it clearly wasn't. The genderbent girls are a bajillion times inferior to the recorded history counter parts and would even have a hard time against the likes of Andrew Fork.

I mean if Saru from Nobuna was genuinely gud at war, then fucking Liu Mang from that MFILILB isekai is above Lelouch then, plus a lot manlier. And that's clearly not the case.

>>150120541
That really wasn't it, if you aren't shit posting and actually mean what you said you lack reading comprehension. He wasn't smug though that's obviously the comedy in how he comes off as smug as shown in the manga. His inner thoughts simply rationalized way too much and basically was a fancy way of saying "Prove you're god and not just some very powerful being like the devil or an alien, why are you acting like this when I just got killed do you do that for everyone?" and then God fucked his ass cause he's so out of tune with humans he has no hope talking to the autistic HR guy.

He's not some atheist or anything like so many idiots on /a/ believe, he clearly believes in the Devil, so by nature he has to also believe in God. He's just venting very very hard and making cheap remarks while having false hope (which quickly shattered) that maybe he would get compensated.

That attitude of his stays the exact fucking same after he reincarnates, he still accesses people the same way as he's always done like a machine, extremely consistent to a fault. That's why he was fucked over by God, cause being a guy who has lived his life only one way, he could only communicate the same way.

Which naturally is totally foreign to you guys, the opposite of someone climbing the ladder.
>>
>>150120148

Spirit Migration.

Not worry about dying, help everyone like Jiminy Cricket.

Explore, wander, see people do interesting things, and help them, receive their adoration, then carry on.
>>
The only chapter that made me want to drop Mushoku Tensei was flowers in two hands, I ended up self inserting as Norn for the rest of the novel and I wish she slapped his shit harder.
>>
>>150120148
>updates fucking never ever again
>>
>>150120148
Depends on what you mean by best and mold. Would KENS fit the mold even?
>>
>>150121599
Every chapter made me want to drop Mushoku. I finally managed to do so on like volume 18
>>
>>150122277
So you're a masochist.
>>
>>150120626
I hate Rudeus with a passion for the first 12 books and constantly think of ways that I would do better.

So yeah, I guess it is the "best" wish fulfillment then.
>>
>>150122633
Shouldn't the opposite of that be best? An isekai where he did everything right and thus fullfilled your all wishes?
>>
>>150122718
That makes sense, but the opposite can also work well. Think of it this way. Spent most of MT thinking about how I would function in that world and how I would interact with the characters. I did so even after finishing the books, so it successfully brought me into the world and fulfilled my "wish" by having me mentally replace the MC in the story with myself and make my own decisions.
>>
>>150122633
>hates Rudeus
>thinks up ways to make the series better
are you me? mushoku tensei had potential to be decent but it's plagued by uninspired writing and a shitty MC.
>>
Escaflowne.
>>
>>150120274
This was good
>>
>>150121346
this! Bear Form is the best!
>>
There are none. LN authors are autistic manchildren who can't even write garbage right.
>>
File: 155139l.jpg (138KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
155139l.jpg
138KB, 408x600px
>>150121346
Was honestly sad when they gave him a generic mecha body he could call on whenever. Liked it when he was limited to his current body's capabilities.

Also Hans no Junan is best wish fulfillment, hot blooded country girl gets to be superman, yankee farmer gets to have his own monster farm, aging yakuza gets a perfectly young body and can follow his love of cooking, lonely and stressed high schooler gets to have true friends and be someone depended on.
>>
>>150122633
>>150121599
What I hated was how every girl becomes a puppet devoid of all personality as soon as she marries him. She just becomes 'a wife', and that's all there is to her.
>>
>>150122633
What would you do to make it better
>>
A Chinese novel called Long Live Summons

>Perverted MC get literally kicked into another world after trying to extort an immortal
>Sent to a Monster taming world where people capture and battle monsters like pokemon/digimon
>gets the SSj realm right off the bat
>gets a legendary item/ability after any battle he goes through
>all of his pokemon he raises into monster girls
>every battle is essentially him trolling his enemies to death

though it has ran into a problem of being bogged down with harem hi-jinx (though all the harem girls are also ridiculously OP).
>>
>>150124439
Add NTR. NTR makes everything better.
>>
>>150124610
Agreed
>>
>>150124610
everytime I ask for a way to make MT better there's always someone suggesting something that would make it worse

>"it was all a dream" ending
>Luke and Eris fucking
>Orsted kills all the characters anyway
>Rudi reincarnating again
>>
File: Overlord_7_spread2.jpg (560KB, 750x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord_7_spread2.jpg
560KB, 750x1345px
Overlord
>Papa Bones Spooky Adventure: Nazarick is unconquerable

Sasuga Ainz-sama.
>>
>>150124770
bur he doesn't have a dick
>>
>>150124756
Increase the speed of the plot ten times
>>
>>150120148
Re:zero
>>
>>150124426
Eris was kept her personality for a few more volumes and it fits Sylph but what happened with Roxy was a travesty.
>>
>>150120148
Kuro no Maou
>>
>>150120148
No isekai has achieved my wish fulfillment, so I guess none. Fucking isekai these days not being wish fulfillment but power fantasies. I don't want to be OP.
>>
>>150124854
I think the plot was too rushed as it was
especially the arcs after the second Orsted battle

>read Asura arc
>expect an arc Machiavellian political intrigue and fleshing out of the kingdom and its politics
>arc pretty much gets finished once they reached the capital

>read Millis arc
>expect a big upheaval and family drama with opposition that uses traps and poisons rather than outright brute strength
>lol misunderstanding lol

>read final arc
>expect a fight that will cover the entire world as well as two full arcs about the Ocean continent and Heaven continent
>get pre-arc wrapping up everything and settling the beef in a country in the middle of nowhere
>pissed that they made Gisu an antagonist from out of nowhere but think he will be a cunning antagonist
>none of his plans works and he gets quickly fucked over

You got the Adventure arc, School arc, and Labyrinth arc that seemed fully fleshed out and memorable then you got the last few cramped arcs that felt more like a summery.
>>
File: 二人の白皇.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
二人の白皇.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Not Isekai but Utawarerumono
>>
>>150120148
Re:Monster.

Unless it has broke the mold somewhere down the line, but I'm not aware of so.
>>
>>150125127
You're right, but those are kind of unrelated to the speed of the plot, just bad decisions from the author. The had all the volumes in the fucking world to develop and finish a story correctly, yet he spent so much time showing Rudi convincing his two wives to have a threesome with him.
>>
>>150124426
Actually he did miles better than what Chinese authors do. You get this interesting story with each chick and as soon as she marries the mc she becomes obedient chinese wife #48585. Only very few books have kept the chemistry going. In Mushoku Tensei at least you got moments with each girl where you actually felt like they were a couple. Except Eris. I don't know what the fuck he did to Eris.
>>
>>150120148
One of the side characters from Kumo desu ga
>be reborn as Prince in a country with huge magic potential
>your big brother is a Hero of the world and you look up for him very much
>your best friend from last life is also there but now female AND a daughter of a Duke in your country
>your little sister likes you so much she'll kill anyone for you
>>
>>150125127
That's because Mushoku Tensei is just an introduction. The main series has yet to be written and that one will include the ocean and heaven continents, the dragon whatever dungeon, the hell dungeon, etc. I can't wait for all the Greyrats' interactions. I'm just scared about the true mc-kun.
>>
>>150124954
Completely disagree. Sylph and Roxy evolved well. Eris barely even talked anymore.
>>
>>150125127
Mushoku tensei had the potential to be as complex and good as Steins;ate if it was made into a visual novel. Being written in the Ln medium truly held it back.
>>
>>150125339
He'll be good because he's got years of experience writing under him now.
>>
>>150124854
This, and also if he never married, and if the story didn't try to focus on family (making it larger, that is). Mushoku tensei sounds so good on paper, but it's executed so poorly it hurts.
>>
>>150125238
that's an exaggeration Rudi didn't spend that many chapters on his sex pursuits

really the problem was that after getting a house, three wives, and a small fortune there was not much more reason for MC to develop. All shifting the reason to the battle of Orsted and Hitogami did was shift the focus away from the MC made him less important
>>
no game no life, until the sock sweat sucking vampires, that shit was too much
>>
>>150125460
>sounds so good on paper, but it's executed so poorly it hurts
Every LN ever
>>
>>150125460
What? The main reason I like MT is because of the focus on family. If it didn't have that it'd just be another generic light novel. His relationship with each girl, the way they handle being a polygamy, family dinner, his conversations with his father, taking care of his mother, his children, sisters, friends. That's the whole point of the story.
>>
>>150125598
That's the whole point of the isekai genre. To find happiness in another world because you hate this one and being an OP moron gets boring. You need a family to keep you going especially when internet doesn't exist. MT is the best because of this and it keeps the story going instead of just being a window into how they lived happily ever after.

Mushoku Tensei was a reincarnation story and it followed his Rudy's life from start to finish. Can't ask for more than that.
>>
File: 2735008-6683178671-love_.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2735008-6683178671-love_.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>150125546
Was there talk of season two? Somehow I remember there was.
>>
File: bonfire lit.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bonfire lit.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>150125138
Juuni Kokuki.
>>
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
>>
>>150125713
I've read countless stories where the mc goes to another world and none have done it like Mushoku Tensei. I don't know, I just liked the whole family relationship. I thought it'd just be MC going to explore the world and more political intrigue once again but I got way more than that.
>>
>>150125084
Yeah because you're a beta faggot in real life.
>>
Moonlight Sculptor, also MC officially earns every thing by working 1000% harder than everone else - in tht end it summs up to him: being strongest superman both irl and in game, having for waifu a most beutiful person on earth, winning and owning 70% of world real corporate assets.

Its however ultimate wish fulfillmenet, since his wishes were limited to being able to afford to pay electric bills and for sisters education and grandmothers healing - both fulfilled very early.
>>
>>150125940
Explain to me how he worked harder than everyone else and became so successful. I thought Moonlight Sculptor was shit.
>>
>>150125940
Has Moonlight Sculpture been fully translated yet? I heard the author only allowed up to volume 20 to be translated.
>>
>>150125982
He did work harder than everyone else. But he also has the good old MC's devil's own luck. ANd the inhuman capacity to stay up 72 hours straight. I think it was 72 hours. Or maybe it was only sleeping like 1 hour. Am I confusing stories? I've read so many that are similar that they've all blurred together.
>>
>>150126015
No idea, I've never read Moonlight Sculptor, tell me more.
>>
>>150126015
Tell us more. Also, how is he not living a nightmare by 72 hours what the fuck
>>
>>150125982
He worked hardest doing 10x jobs since early age since was poor fag. Became best player in one MMO by playing obsessively, sold account for millions which all immidiately went to debt.

Proceed to spend a year preparing for next MMO researching absolute everything about it, training irl in dojo obsessively becoming one of the world best real fencers just to be effective in MMO.

Spent weeek 25/7 without sleep and food hittingi training dummies as insane first time he logged in the game to raise stats. Spends EVERY single free minute doing something to raise skills - crafting, training etc. Everyone who played with him reports its impossible to keep up with his inhuman pace and endurance as he perfects the process to be inhumanely effective - not a single second of rest/wasted.

etc. The guy is a machine.
>>
>>150125989
46 vollumes so far translated.
>>
>>150126027
It is great, read it - can just start with webcomic and then switch no novels. Have to make clear though its primarely comedy about jew greedy character and his antics - no real drama happens there at any time: its all about him making money and being fun anti-hero.
>>
File: 1416562626463.jpg (36KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1416562626463.jpg
36KB, 374x347px
>>150126069
So it's not even an isekai with mmo mechanics but just a guy playing mmos? Why read a ln about a guy playing mmos when you can just play an mmo?
>>
>>150126027
>>150126051
I read it years ago. From what I remember he was a very famous player in an old mmo because he achieved the highest ranks in everything but was always alone. The truth was that the guy didn't sleep shit and just kept playing nonstop for days without heath repercussions. He sold that account for a lot of money but got screwed over and then entered the new vrmmorpg where he decided to once again play non stop to fix all his problems. He takes like a year to study all he can about the game before it comes out, trains in martial arts and form a game plan to do everything perfectly once the game starts. The story is actually slightly more original than others and it takes an interesting spin where he can create huge sculptures that give special effects.
>>
>>150126171
It's much quicker to read about it than play it. It's cheaper too.
>>
>>150126092
I know what I'm doing this Christmas then.
>>
>>150126171
Isekai is "another world", not "rebirth" as many falsely thing. So VRMMO books also fall in this category, as VRMMO worlds are still "different world". And why read? Because its fun.

Example would be >>150125785 , a perfect wish fulfilment manga of an old guy just raising his char and having fun.
>>
>>150126069
>>150126184
How do you study for a game that hasn't come out yet?
>>
>>150126171
Because unlike the mc in Moonlight Sculpture, you'll never be a special snowflake in an mmo anon. You'll never command an army of monsters to rain fire upon your npc enemies in real time while every watching through screens in awe. I wish it wsan't so, but that's how it is.
>>
>>150126253
Do you play mmo's at all? They always release a lot of information about it before hand.
>>
File: 1378238139481.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1378238139481.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>150124830
i think you mean boner
>>
Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki
>>
>>150126253
It did come out at the time. He was just studying to make a proper start in it, as well watched if its the worthy time investment as his primarily goal was to make money. Like eSport players assessing upcomming titles for potential.

The year wasted resulted though in him starting behind others, so while he played most efficiently - the others were already 400-500 levels and huge guilds running a continent.

He never planned to compete with them initially though, all he wanted is to become gold farmer - farming dungeons for loot and selling it, to earn money irl. Didnt went quite like he planned though, things escalated quickly.
>>
>>150126342
The moments where he focuses on money are boring as fuck But it's always fun when things spiral out of his hands and shit hits the fan quickly.
>>
>>150126092
Has it ended yet?
>>
>>150126259
But he can command army of monsters to attack you in real life too. 500 "Geomchi"s aka "Swords" - korean to 500 martial artists, ready to beat everyone irl for sake of their "youngling".

He also has super AI with army of drones potentially under his command, and 70% of world assets and essentially controllingi whole planet if he becomes Emperor - since the corporation that created the VRMMO also invested in robotics, and bought every other relevant bussiness on planet and controls goverments and ready to destroy opposition with Robot armies they developed too.

Of course thats if he survives genetic altering procedure supposed to make him Superhuman if he 'wins' a Game
>>
>>150126251
but LMS is not an Isekai because he still deals with the real world.
>>
>>150126539
So Outbreak Company, Gate, Inu Yasha etc. arent Isekai either?
>>
File: 5020287156343fe_0.jpg (644KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5020287156343fe_0.jpg
644KB, 1920x1080px
>>150120148
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 227x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 227x320px
10 Nen Goshi HikkiNEET WN was pretty good.
Then the editor ruined the LN by making the author add a heroine that wasn't a bitch.
>>
>>150126556
those are literally new worlds and there is no way around that. VRMMOs can only possibly be considered isekai if the real world is close to being irrelevant.
>>
>>150126641
Does the SAO alicization counts as isekai or something?
>>
>>150123285
The farmer is still the best part. Gotta love how even the heavenly monster girls are over him.
>>
>>150120148
Does /a/ not read xianxia at all? There's xianxia's that are isekai too. You read one xianxia and you've read them all. And they're all the epitome of wish fulfillment. The mc ALWAYS wins. He'll ALWAYS get all the hot chicks. He will ALWAYS become the most powerful. He will ALWAYS win the arguments.

And yet there's something so freeing about those stories. No having to look behind your shoulder hoping the author won't decide to screw you over. No fear that the mc will be cucked. No fear that the mc will be a wuss. You go in knowing what you'll get and yet for some reason just can't stop enjoying it. At least that's my case.
>>
>>150126742
>Does /a/ not read xianxia at all
>does the Vietnamese shadow puppetry board read Chinese pulp fiction at all
>>
>>150126673
>Alicization (アリシゼーション, Arishizēshon?) is the 4th main Arc (第四部, Dai Yon-bu?)[† 1] in the Sword Art Online series.
Putting aside the fact that you have shit taste for even having in mind SAO's 4th arc, I don't fucking know. I don't know and I don't care about SAO's 4th arc. What I do know is that if SAO had ended after Aincrad was cleared then it would have been an Isekai. That is even if you include a conclussion act in the real world because it would not influence the core story.

SAO is the epitome of wasted potential and of milking a dead cow.
>>
>>150126742
Its on my back list, but too busy reading russian isekai novels. They are generelly lot better than Asia, since all MCs are always adults and stories more in line with proper sci-fi/fantasy.
>>
>>150126808
I just read about it on one of /a/'s threads about an SAO american adaptation movie or something.
>>
>>150126842
>russian isekai novels
Any recommendations? Or are there none being translated and you read them in Russian?
>>
>>150126407
I love the series for always keeping the shit going out of control for him but also dislike it for giving him the "key components" early on in the quest lines/arcs and they turn into "I win/solve the quest" bit too easily.

And that early series "I'm not good enough for her/she just wants to murder" me repetition got old pretty fast.

All in all it's fun to see him come out as a winner in the long run but it certainly isn't without flaws, subjective dislike or not.
>>
This is one comfy thread
>>
>>150126597
Wait fuck this got a LN too? Also how old is he, I hope he is still 30 years old or being neet for 10 years while being a teenager doesnt make fucking sense.
>>
>>150128116
It really fulfilled your 4chan wish right?
>>
>>150128239
He's 25 now.
>>
>>150128276
my safezone, yes
>>
>>150128339
That seems fine I guess but what does her cousin add to the story? I hope she isn't transported into the new world with him.
>>
>>150128454
>but what does her cousin add to the story?
A romantic interest obviously.
>I hope she isn't transported into the new world with him.
She is.
The Amazon reviews are pretty amusing. It sits at a solid 3 because most of the reviews are 1-stars going "a heroine appeared..." or 5-stars going "A HEROINE APPEARED!!!"
>>
>>150120148
There was this oneshot where some random dude gets hit by truck and goes to magical world and becomes wizard only to find artefact that sends him to Japan where he sends his past self to fantasy world so he doesn't get hit by truck
Anyone knows the title?
>>
>>150128656
what the fuck?
>>
File: 303562.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
303562.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
Muv-Luv Unlimited.

>giant mecha videogame enthusiast lands in a setting tailored to allowing teenagers to operate giant mecha
>his squadmates are all alternative timeline duplicates of his harem from back home
>jungle trekking trip to a tropical island with his insanely hot harem masquerading as a survival test
>gits gud with his robot and carries the team
>spends the whole game playing shenanigans on base
>throws slumber parties and Christmas parties with his hot squadmates
>balloon tits in skintight bodysuits
>never has to actually deploy in combat against the enemy for two whole years, during which time he gets a girlfriend and spends the whole time plowing her
>gets to do it all over again an Unlimited number of times
>>
>>150120148
I would go with shield hero.
Mc really wants a certain Bitch to suffer for framing him. She suffers.
>>
>101 replies
>ctrl f thinly veiled thread
>0 results

sasuga neo /a/
>>
File: img000001 (5).png (375KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000001 (5).png
375KB, 855x1200px
>>150128656
Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki.

Didn't actually remember the name, only that it was made by Hinamatsuri's author.
>>
>>150128953
Any thread could be a rec thread. Threads about a an anime or manga series is a rec thread about said series. The only ban worthy rec threads are the "HEY GUISE REC ME SOME ANIMES XD" threads that occasionally comes out.
>>
>>150128651
That sounds like shit. I'm happy for the author but i wish it stayed a WN. I hope the cousin isnt annoying.
>>
>>150124756
The ideas given in this thread are just as bad. These guys either go with a "Oh watch me NG+ this shit cause I'm totally smarter, yeah hindsight totally isn't a thing here if I was on that plane during 9/11 I'd have stomped those sand niggers when their back is turned to me" and basically act like an Otome MC in real life, or is a fucking masochist who always goes "muh suffering, muh ntr, muh people must die and I only get 1 waifu so I can fuck the sadness away but secretly I'm happy cause I only care about muh waifu and therefore so should Rudi how can I self insert into someone who I can't relate to the fuck do you mean look at it from his perspective it's my self insert here."

There's plenty to point out, including objective inconsistencies but everyone who complains usually falls into the butt hurt fanfiction group cause after all, a plot hole here and there isn't gonna make most people mad and autistic.

And yet MT is still less plagued than the likes of Overlord with the moralfaggotry. well maybe that's just cause of the lack of threads.
>>
>>150123285
How do you spell something wrong when it's literally printed out in English letters for you in the very image you posted?
>>
>>150126597
couldn't get past volume 4
don't know why you'd want to read about someone not know what he's doing and fumble through life with a ton of cheats
>>
>>150120148
Knights and Magic

MC is a programmer and mecha otaku. He really loves mecha. He loved them since his childhood.

Accident happens (aka: Infamous Japanese Truck, or a van in this case). MC dies and is reincarnated into a magical setting. As a kid he's all gloomy and shit until he sees that this world has mecha of its own.

He aspires to be both a pilot and engineer so to build his own machine while kickstarting a streak of innovations that results in creating new machines. He also uses his knowledge he got in his previous life and combines it with the rules on how magic functions there.

Needless to say, he hit the jackpot.
>>
>>150128953
Every thread that is not about a specific anime is a rec thread then? We've had this discussion literally a thousand times, fuck off.
>>
>>150125940
>MC officially earns every thing by working 1000% harder than everone els

By literally doing so much shit in the span of a day he basically lives 1000 hours in a week. LMS is funny as hell and it has it's charm, but the series was never about him suffering and going through trials as a serious theme, but more of a comedy point like how no matter how hard Tanya in Youjo Senki works she just gets more work pushed on her as a result in order to maintain a facade.

LMS's charm is in how petty a man Weed is, and through that sheer pettiness that is so exaggerated (as is all praise and comparisons seriously it's wuxia xianxia cum with the force of a thousand suns exaggerated) that you can't help but laugh at how ridiculous it's hammed up. It's very clear that the author doesn't take it seriously because whenever he wants to he turns Weed into a saint and an actual human whenever he wants, then finishes teasing and turns him back into the overgrown entertaining manchild that he is.
>>
Not really isekai, but onii-sama
>>
>>150126342
>- the others were already 400-500 levels

That's wrong, the highest levels at the time weren't even 400 when he started. In fact, up until Rainbow changed his blog site the highest level player wasn't even 600.

Weed is so godly even within the first 100 chapters you basically get the idea that he would shit all over the top players if he simply had a character close to their level, and by the time he gets close to mastering sculpting he's easily the strongest guy if he's allowed to make use of his shit since as a sculptor his true value is in his massive army of broken monsters but he's too petty to let them die just to stroke his epeen, those monsters gotta make him money.
>>
>>150126415
It hasn't even ended in Korea and there's quite a few more volumes til catching up with the raws I think.
>>
Has anyone kept a tally of just how many fucking girls there are in the death march harem?
>>
>>150125339
I too cannot wait for the princess bride sequel
>>
>>150129743
What princess bride? Since when did MT have anything to do with a princess bride? What news did I miss?
>>
>>150129778
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_Bride
the joke is that the book itself alludes to there being a sequel (since it ends on a literal cliffhanger) but there won't ever be one
>>
>>150129830
But MT clearly will unless author has an accident. He flat out said so, and all his shit so far is made to set up for it. Whether it will live up to the hype is another story.
>>
>>150129879
Well, I'm not fucking counting on ever seeing it, especially when translations for currently existing material are completely dead in the water.
>>
>>150122633
I only liked the school arc/sylphy marriage.
I wish I ended it there.
>>
>>150129901
Oh you mean translations, yeah it's dead. But the raws will probably come out. Cheer up, even Spear Hero finally got someone working on it again, there's always hope, just very tiny.
>>
>>150124426
compare to others, MT is much better. The only thing I think to fix that is to have more POV from their side.
>>
death march
>>
>>150129645
He starts when the highest level player just reached 400. By the time Weed himself reaches 400, Bardray is past 500 already. The only encounter they had in translated LNs yet, Bardray wins (also has support of the healers and buffers, Weed himself admits at any point of time that Bardray is stronger).

Weed constantly cries he got a "bad" proffession - since with his dedication, with pure combat class he`d be even stronger. As well wasting levels on making living sculptors, making him essentially "stuck" on specific level.

Benefits of his proffessioon and his skills allow him to beat most players, but he still at current point would lose 1on1 to top tier combat players - and its not just Bardray. Time sculpting is OP and his rl fencing skills and rection allow him to outperform players that "just" have levels and equipment - but he`s still not too strong.

For fuck sake, Seu Young, his waifu - is lot higher level than him and can beat him 1on1 despite all his tricks and skill.

His real benefits are more the side benefits he gained raising sculpting, doing quests, ability to transform (which actually is bad against single strong players) etc. Bag full of tricks and a lot of luck.

For example protecting Morata is basically authors asspull of having 20 million newbie players zerg - he is neither responsible for nor truly controls.
>>
>>150130172
I'm current with the WN and let me tell ya

This is some real gutter trash
Poor zena doesn't deserve being stuck in it
>>
>>150130192
Bardray with his horse would never beat Weed with his sculptures.
>>
>>150130249
Thats not 1on1. Bardray with his Royal Knights, would easly do against Weed and his sculptures. (Though as it stands now, Bardray will just execute and betray his Royal Knights because of Emperors quests - he insanely raised stats due to that though, so even more OP atm).

At current point, Weed would even lose to Myul 1on1 - he has to resort to tricks and "unfair" tactics to win. No proplems with it at War, but Weed still not the "strongeset".

For example, the Swordnoob-1 would likely beat Weed too (as he can irl as well), unless Weed utilizes some knowledge about the game to negate his combat skill, since Swordnoobs are noobs still.
>>
>>150130358
>Thats not 1on1.

How the fuck does that work? Maybe if Bardray's royal knights are NPCs sure, but those are players. Sculptures are no different than summons or a beast tamer taming a dragon as an ally. How the fuck can you not count them under his might? That's retarded logic.

Without Weed, who is their parent, none of them would even exist or in the case of the ones he just stole, they would still be stone. It's NPCs man.

Now Bardray can use his riches to buy as many npcs as he wants, but he still wouldn't do shit against the sculpture army. That's not even counting Van Hawk and Torido.

Otherwise why the fuck would I say Bardray and his horse? Do you think that horse is a player?
>>
>>150128997
Thanks man
>>
>>150120148
I dunno about the mold, but Jikuu Mahou is the best in my opinion. MC is strong as usual but he gets the spacetime magic that lets him travel between Japan and the other world and obviously all over the earth and the other world. That's the ultimate wish fulfillment at least for me.
>>
Honestly, how can you ever get into LNs without knowing nip? Do you just love to suffer?
>>
File: 000d.jpg (338KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
000d.jpg
338KB, 1024x746px
>>150120148

Risou no Himo Seikatsu.

Zen gets a brown waifu and brought an aircon with him.
>>
>>150128784
>Muv-Luv
>isekai
>>
File: eh, nani kono kuso ranobe.png (67KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
eh, nani kono kuso ranobe.png
67KB, 500x400px
>Eh, is this a level up?!
>Eh, are these skill points?!
>Eh, is this the Appraisal skill?!
>Eh, I can cast magic?!
>Eh, isn't this a cheat skill?!
>Eh, beastkin are real?!
>Eh, elves are real?!
>Eh, demonfolk are real?!
>Eh, vampires a real?!
>Eh, it's a female knight?!
>Eh, it's a princess?!
>Eh, slave contracts exist?!
>Eh, I suddenly have a harem?!
>Eh, there's an adventurer guild?!
>Eh, I have a quest?!
>Eh, there's are dragons?!
>Eh, there's a Hero?!
>Eh, there's a Demon Lord?!
>Eh, could it be that I'm stronger than all of them?!
>>
>>150122633
Thank god I am not the only one who fucking hates Rudeus, since his father died he started to have this really obnoxious personality and being constantly a sensitive twat.
My limit was the arc in the Holy city or whatever where he just went full retarded.
I got sick of it
>>
>>150132435
Seriously this!
>>
>>150131243
I should know better by now. I just want to keep looking for a story with an underdog main character, but they all eventually go through the lucky overpowered skill phase.

Last one I tried was arifureta. Fuck this, I hate it so much.
>>
>>150137824
>Last one I tried was arifureta.

I'm so sorry but I find it fucking hilarious the last one you tried there was arifureta that thing is the worst with all that shit
>>
>>150136940
>>150132435
Have either of you actually read it? The premise sounds nice, but when you actually get to reading it, you get the author's 2000 word infodump on how air conditioners and diesel generators work, and it's the dullest shit imaginable. I wonder how he ever got published.
>>
>>150120148
re zero, it's a masterpiece
>>
Anyone would like to TL these 2? came with the vol 7 of the shieldbro manga, i'll do the Typesetting as soon as you finish.
>>150143569
>>150143518
>>
>>150144267
Just ask /djt/ :^)
>>
File: sweet.jpg (91KB, 772x454px) Image search: [Google]
sweet.jpg
91KB, 772x454px
>>150141824
>re:zero
>masterpiece
>>
>>150126847
TV series.

Alicization is technically more isekai than the original arc was, but they're still going into VR world.

Alicization is a VR world, with sentient AI that developed their own society. These sentient AIs are based on human souls, and have no idea that they're living in a machine or are anyway artificial.
>>
>>150120148
>without trying to break the mold

Screw that. Break the mold the way only China can, they developed their own isekai subsetting.

A mission based system that isekais the characters into other fictional worlds, to alter plots and fight the world, for rewards and for power.

It's like Gantz, but going full retard in a good way.
>>
>>150124756
Too bad the new stuff isn't getting translated like the Laplace spinoff which does wonders in the sense of world-building and seems like a setup for the sequel.

>>150125821
You might really enjoy Jobless Oblige if it ever gets a full TL later, its all about the family banter.
You also get a better image of how they live their everyday lives and more.
>>
>>150125330
And then his entire life turned to hell because of the machinations of Gods.
>>
>>150147883
>A mission based system that isekais the characters into other fictional worlds, to alter plots and fight the world, for rewards and for power.
Got any examples? I only vaguely remember something similar in There's a Pit in My Senior Martial Brother's Brain, where a side character's job was to pretend to be a divine messenger in different Chinese web novels to forcefully steer their plots back on track whenever anything went wrong because of a different reincarnating/transporting/possessing/time-looping character popping up.
>>
>>150148704
Terror Infinity and The Ultimate Evolution.

It's similar to Gantz, in that there's multiple people in a team being sent into worlds to do whatever.
First world for Terror Infinity was Resident Evil: The Movie, the objective was to survive through a certain plot point in the movie, and make sure the plot relevant characters aren't killed.
One of the side missions was to prevent the death of a cast member that canonically dies.
>>
>>150146494
I can completely understand why people fellate RE:Zero because it doesn't have to excel on its own merits to stand out, it just has to be better than the other isekai. Which is easy. For example, having an actual fallable protagonist with legitimate struggles is a no brainer for actual fiction but it's kind of a rarity for this shit.

Like that part where he mouthed off to those knights and got his shit kicked in over and over. It was so fucking satisfying. It was the most logical thing in the world, but the other glorified fanfic authors wouldn't dirty their pretty princess protagonist for their fuckups like that
>>
>>150149621
And they had to beat him up else the other knights would demand his blood.
>>
>>150126069
>>150126015
lul talking only about the start of the whole thing. It gets worse as it goes on.
>>
>>150149765
Yes, that was even better. Instead of being a cartoonish thug for the protagonist to fuck up later, he got his ass kicked by a completely reasonable guy. And it got even better when instead of immediately becoming memebesties with memeboy, Subaru holds a petty grudge against him like an actual person would.

RE: Zero is an amazing exercise in showing just how much isekai gets wrong, and how popular a series can get by correcting just a little of it
>>
>>150147676
>technically more isekai
In what sense? It's still a simulated world within ours just like all the other MMOs, the only difference being that many of the players don't realize that they are players.
>>
>>150151523
its more isekai because kirito doesn't remember when he got into the game and the world is fully emulated from imagination and not from data.

i hate myself for knowing this
>>
>>150150228
I think also the fact that his power is not something that makes the whole world a cake walk for him.

You usually get one where the guy has the most advanced/unique magic, or alternatively, he gets a common power but uses his old world knowledge/science to make it stronger than usual.
>>
>>150151523
All the standard tropes go into play here.

>walking home
>gets attacked by a slasher
>dies stopping the slasher
>wakes up in another world
>pro gaming skills work in the world
>>
>>150151600
Yeah, aside from his one blessing/curse and a cell phone outta charge he has jack shit. Bad at swordplay, sucks at magic. He's like the Luigi of isekai, the other protagonists try so hard to catch your attention with their level ten thousand super gun magic unsurpassed under heaven that Mitsubishi wins by doing nothing
>>
File: Friday_night_bedtime_stories.png (478KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Friday_night_bedtime_stories.png
478KB, 1024x768px
Does ML count?
>>
>>150151793
>kills the god of that world through imagination ex machina
>becomes a veggie
>is a veggie for months
>still parries a sword
i fucking hate kawahackra
>>
>>150126228
He's trying to misdirect you, lad
46 vol of MTL
41 of edited MTL-maybe
>>
>>150120274
S2 when? best loli anime show.
>>
>>150125982
It's hinted that being tricked into moonlight sculptor class slow his progress by a lot. The only positive thing is that it's a class that allow him to 'win' the game, so to speak.
>>
>>150126319
If you want a better kingdom building in another world, try Release that Witch.
Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki turned into bullshit harem quick
>>
>>150126742
Sorry lad, we've moved on to Korean reincarnating stories
>>
>>150126742
>No fear that the mc will be cucked.

Coiling Dragon, fun times. Not that that one was an isekai.
>>
Konosuba
Overlord
>>
>>150152420
>wish fulfillment
>konosuba
>kazuma's life in an isekai world being wish fulfilling
>>
File: 1387119294976.jpg (72KB, 263x340px) Image search: [Google]
1387119294976.jpg
72KB, 263x340px
>>150151840
>every waifu dies in a gruesome and traumatic manner
>wish fulfillment
>>
>>150152584
1. Thought we were discussing good isekai, my bad.
2. Did you not watch the OVA? Every one of his wishes were fulfilled.
>>
>>150152732
1. its good m8
2. you are right, every single one. total wish fulfillment
>>
>>150120541
that any good, been meaning to read that since I heard about it but never have
>>
>>150152876
There's an anime adaptation next season, you can keep putting it off.
>>
>>150152913
wouldn't that just give me more reason to read it?
>>
>>150152619
>every
Yuuko, Kasumi, Munakata, Touko, and Akane all make it
>>
>>150152948
Well, yeah, sorry. Meant "main girls with proper routes". Kasumi at least deserved her own route though. Thankfully, that got fixed in AF.
>>
>>150152619
Damn, and I just happened to start reading ml. Is there a happy end or I can drop?
>>
File: AF62.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AF62.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>150153795
It's got a happy end you humongous pussy just play it.
>>
>>150153869
Is Yoroi a girl as well?
>>
Vending Machine Reincarnation

>chill out as a vending machine with a qt that carries you everywhere while you calmly spend your days selling stuff to people

It's the best
>>
>>150153997
thats not isekai, thats just reincarnation, you're still in the human world, just as a vending machine
>>
>>150153979
She's a boy (female)
>>
>>150122633
>I hate Rudeus
same
>>
>>150154119
You misunderstand. That's a real series.
>>
>>150120687
he becomes a loli, sounds like best wish-fulfillment to me
>>
>>150139655

It's good, but my gripe with it is the shitty political intrigue, which is 60% of the series.
>>
>>150154271
i've seen that series, i was just telling you it doesn't count as an isekai because the guy is still IRL and not on fantasy land
>>
>>150125546
>sock sweat sucking vampires
but that was the best part
>>
>>150154343

Are those spoilers? Because in what's translated so far there's monsters and magic and divine blessings and a sentinent transforming magical vending machine.
>>
>>150125713
>Can't ask for more than that.
I can ask for a main character that isn't hateable
>>
File: OcO.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
OcO.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>150154406
alright you got me there buddy, i've only seen the cover and didn't think there was that much shit in there, if what you're saying is true then that is the weirdest isekai setting i've ever seen
>>
>>150125785
Only Sense Online is so similar to toaru ossan that I wonder if one didn't copy the other

>both mcs are bow users in an vrmmo where bows are considered shit
>both learn crafting to compensate for bow weakness
>both learn cooking, and become famous cooks
>both vrmmos eventually add pets
>both protags are loved by all pets for some reason (though at least ossan actually gave a reason for it)
>game systems in both games are disturbingly similar
>>
>>150154431
Unlike most MC, Rudeus only really wants a family life. Getting strong and using magic is fun, but settling down and being a family man is what he really wants. He was going to do it much earlier on if the human god hadn't tried to mess with his family.
>>
>>150129679
Zaikuon trap soon
>>
File: lazy.jpg (560KB, 1296x915px) Image search: [Google]
lazy.jpg
560KB, 1296x915px
I'd really like to see a dungeon builder Isekai. By that, I mean a proper one where the MC does the job expected of a dungeon master. Every one I've read so far has the MC wuss out and build a town or some shit instead. Any exceptions to this?
>>
>>150125785
To be honest I always imagine it's a different world when I'm reading it. That's what it feels like.
>>
>>150154529
Maybe they played the same games that inspired them to write.
>>
>>150152239
we're talking about best wish-fullfiment here not best written

>summoned to other world
>become king
>engaged to hot princess
>get to have a harem with the most beautiful people in the kingdom
>telekinesis powers
>somehow smart enough to actually do the job of a king better than anyone else just because he read Machiavelli stuff and art of war

perfect wishfullfilement for people who wish to be kings/emperors
>>
>>150154617
Evil God Average, kind of?

The r-18 ones are probably more actual dungeon focused, can't have rape dungeons without building dungeons.
>>
>>150154489

It's hilarious, imagine most isekai tropes but the main character is a vending machine getting carried around by a girl, and he just wishes to sell his products and make people happy.
>>
>>150154661
considering both stories have mmos that look fun as fuck, I want to play whatever they played
>>
File: should've seen it coming.png (150KB, 914x313px) Image search: [Google]
should've seen it coming.png
150KB, 914x313px
>>150154489
on retrospect, i should have seen the genre
>>
>>150154617
I hate when the LN has designs that couldn't be further away from my own head designs
>>
>>150154705
Recommend an 18+ one? I haven't heard of any.
I enjoyed evil god average but it was pretty short.
>>
>>150154617
I wish someone would write an Isekai about an architect who gets reborn in a fantasy world as a trash tier, non-magical kobold and helps his tribe build a giant dungeon filled with death traps using modern-day engineering techniques to protect themselves from all the other monsters and adventurers.
>>
File: 1471986348189.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471986348189.png
178KB, 500x500px
>>150125593
Isnt every LN ever already on paper?
>>
>>150129508
>Knights and Magic
This is my favorite isekai
because he becomes qt shota
>>
>>150154759
>imagine an overly complicated design
>artist draws them with a design way simpler than what i imagined
every fucking time
>>
>>150154736

>romance

I hope he ends with the strong qt but the only romance so far is him selling condoms to the prostitutes to stop stds and pregnancy

>>150154794

What's stopping you anon
>>
>>150154879
>shotaoyaji
>lolibaba
worst characters ever
>>
>>150154794
But what's the end goal? Doesn't sound all that interesting to be honest.
>>
>>150130218
what wrong with death march?
Assuming you're okay with the usual "Protag is invincible" then everything else seems okay to me.

No tension but it's more of a slice-of-life wish fulfillment isekai.
>>
>>150154759
Seriously. Only Haku is slightly similar to what I imagined.
>>
>>150134008
you mean you don't have the wish to be an overpowered dude with a massive harem?
>>
>>150154941
>he hasnt read the LN adaptation
poor soul
>>
>>150154941

It's literally "MC guys on travel with his daughteru harem and the obligatory japanese weak girl"

Which by the way I hate that trope too, the useless japanese girl also transported to the other world.
>>
>>150155010
>japanese weak girl
Who?
>>
>>150154617
I want to see a dungeon builder story where they actually gave a good reason for building a dungeon. Like, the MC has to entrench and dig deep to survive because he and his pals are being shelled by a genocidal empire or something.
>>
I really like Tsuki ga Michibiku. Not sure why, but I do.
>>
Why do people who don't want to have their wishes fulfilled read wish-fulfillment stories?
>>
Is there a manga adaptation of an isekai that has more than like 20 chapters?
>>
>>150154941
I'm pretty sure that all for all of those really long ones, the ones with 400+ chapters, you have to get in when you're still fairly new to the genre. That way you're not sick of the content and can use inertia to make it to the end.
>>
>>150154922
surely you mean best
>>
>>150155010
and that makes it bad because?
>>150155055
probably means lulu? i dont know, lulu is a jap descendant. arisa is pretty strong herself so i doubt its arisa
>>
i wanna be the invisible dragon

https://ensjtrans.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/invisible-dragon-chapters-1-9-20020725/
>>
>>150155055

I always asumed that the black haired, quiet, shy, yamato nadeshikos that don't speak the language are representative of the trope, but I don't remember clearly if there's one in Death March or I'm confused.
>>
>>150155094
Tate no Yuusha?

Though it is the LN adaptation rather than the original WN.
>>
>>150155067
The only one with a justified dungeon that I can think of is maou no hajimekata. Where he builds it as a fortress to protect himself.
>>
>>150155067
>tfw there's never been a WWIII and magical fallout in an isekai story yet
>>
>>150155153

I never said it was bad, just generic, but I did love Liza
>>
>>150154990
I only read what's translated since I'm an EOP.

>>150155010
>MC guys on travel with his daughteru harem and
nothing wrong with that
>the obligatory japanese weak girl
literally everyone on his harem becomes OP stronk tho
>>
>>150155153
>>150155153
Lulu is a legit human from that world, only Arisa is a reicarnated person and Hikaru is OP as fuck
>>
They figured out that anime was a medium for wish fulfillment and fetish pandering, so they pushed it even further. Isekai is the pinnacle of anime.
>>
>>150155265
How do you guys like the reincarnation trope and how can it be done "right"? Since it seems people don't enjoy wish-fulfillment.
>>
>>150155163
Was for >>150155163 too
>>
>>150155094
Mushoku
Tate
Re:Zero
Re:monster
shiro no koukoku monogatari
spiri migration
The New gate
>>
>>150155217
>magical fallout
Mushoku Tensei?
>>
>>150152584
>konosuba

well, kazuma actually do what "we" will really do if powerless, try to stay out of danger and get rich by introducing modern tecnology
>>
>>150155295

Wish fulfillment is fine as long as it's more than wish fulfillment.
>>
>>150155289
>medium
>wish fulfillment
>fetish pandering
What is Fantasy for $500 Bill?
>>
>>150155317
>more than 20 chapters
>spirit migration has 21
you cheeky fucker
>>
>>150155295
It's done right when it's just wish fulfillment. If it tries to be anything more then it shouldn't have been an isekai.
>>
>>150155295
Are you seriously asking that to people that read death march? every reincarnated person there is OP and has a lot of power unless you live with the weasels
>>
File: futu.gif (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
futu.gif
68KB, 1024x768px
They should fling the MC into a futuristic world more often. Futurama and this one other anime whose name is escaping me shouldn't be the only ones.
>>
File: GOD DAMNED WEASELS.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GOD DAMNED WEASELS.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>150155383
>>
>>150155295

Personally:

The MC doesnt become god.
The MC fails on occasion.
2-3 girls interested in MC tops, best girl wins.
Male side bro characters.
Villains that aren't laughable caricatures.
No appraisal ability.
>>
>>150155323
I don't know about you guys, the only 'modern tech' I could introduce to a feudal setting would be "wash your hands before you eat".
>>
>>150155383
>weasels
those fuckers are literally behind every single thing wrong in the entire rest of the continent

It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow made the giant space insects that eat the elven world trees
>>
>>150155416
>2-3 girls interested in MC tops
that's super boring.
There should be a new girl with every new arc and it should always be harem end.
>>
>>150155406

Hmmm yes you're right, I think I should pen this myself! It will be called...

Reincarnated Into The Future Where Everything Has Progressed to a Fantasy World!
>>
>>150155416
>0 girls interested in MC tops, no girl wins.
ftfy, thank me later
>>
>>150155416
Zanoba, from MT, is the best bro.
>>
>>150155470
>Reincarnated Into The Future Where Everything Has Progressed to a Fantasy World, And All the Girls Have Animal Ears And Tail!
>>
>>150155466
How if there's only a new girl every arc, how is he supposed to get Sekai Harem End?
>>
Any Grimdark isekai?
>>
File: From Maid to Mother ch1 p27.jpg (262KB, 720x1016px) Image search: [Google]
From Maid to Mother ch1 p27.jpg
262KB, 720x1016px
Oh. I completely forgot about this which I can totally shill

This is about a girl that dies in a car accident and basically becomes the Princess' royal maid. Because of this she is hired by the court mage to raise a little girl that has powerful magical ability.

Since she liked doing housework at home and shit (and the mage is pretty good looking) I think its pretty wish fulfilling.

>Best part of all
no back-ass-retarded MC
>>
>>150155416
Nah you can have more girls, just limit them in a few each volume.
>>
>>150155485
gay novels are a different genre
>>
>>150155466

I can deal with that if it's part of the MCs personality and not if he's a spineless faggot whom the girls want to marry because he's so nice and literally the only decent human being they've met.
>>
>>150155520
grimgar of ash and illusion
>>
>>150155520
Any isekai can be pretty grimdark if you look deep enough down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>150130795
But how does he use his powers?
I mean, he brings things from jp to magical wolrd?
>>
>>150155524
>Shoujo/Josei isekai
Not again motherfucker I read four volumes worth of you guys recommendations and I wanted to punch my monitor before giving up.
Kill yourselves
>>
I think my favorite wish fulfillment aren't even of the isekai genre, I more prefer it when a character travels back into their younger self. I think it offers more ways to be interesting.
>>
>>150155485

At least have the romantic interest be introduced like 5 volumes/80 chapters in

>>150155491

Yes he is, great male side characters is something MT excelled at and most LNs lack.
>>
>>150155602
>tfw time travel is best wish fulfillment
Fixing up all those regrets, senpai?
>>
>>150155514
Massive marriage at the end with every single girl from the past
>>
>>150155648
Ya know it :^)
>>
File: DESPAIR SUBARU #2.gif (960KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
DESPAIR SUBARU #2.gif
960KB, 540x304px
>>150155648
too many to fix them all desu
>>
File: 01.jpg (240KB, 720x1014px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
240KB, 720x1014px
>>150155597
here's the follow up page in the next chapter
>>
>>150155506
What is Underwater Ray Romano?
>>
>>150155602
Hits a bit too close to home for my taste. Some things are best left burried
>>
>>150155715
What's this magic circle do? Why couldn't they at least put it under a bed?
>>
>>150155536
>spineless faggot
yeah, I'm not a fan of those either. Luckly there are plenty of isekai harem protags that are shameless perverts or arrogant assholes.
Sometimes there are even genuine brave and courageous protags that aren't pussies, nor assholes nor needlessly arrogant. It's very rare tho
>>
>>150120148
Honestly one of my favorites was Oda Nobuna. I liked how the MC was kind of a history/Oda buff with a good understanding of the broad historical outlines facing Oda and was able to use certain modern-day and video game logic to get ahead. But at the same time, as his actions began changing history, his future knowledge was less and less useful, which meant his "future knowledge" couldn't be counted on and he had to begin relying on his own natural skills to face and overcome problems.
>>
>>150155738
I think it was made to paralyze her or something.

The MC doesn't understand magic at all and can't use it. The manga is through her eyes so we really have no idea either
>>
>>150120148
I'll say this about Mushoku Tensei this, I enjoyed pretty much the whole story and the ending was actually satisfying. So it may be my favorite Isekai story. Top 3 easily.
>>
>>150155535
"girl likes MC" is the beginning of wish fulfillment tropes to bait the readers into biting their secret fantasy (being liked). it happens in non-isekai, non-harems, and non-romance series because the MC is the self-insert character, which gets boring after a while because of the lack of variety in romance, romantic interests, and shallowness of affection (hurr durr he's kind). an isekai where all the main girls aren't dripping wet and ready to bare the MC's children would be original writing and fresh.
>>
>>150155596
>I mean, he brings things from jp to magical world?
and vice versa
He uses magic to do his real world job better
he develops "stamina" potions in the other world and sells them in the real world.
he brings food and spices from the real world to sell them in the other world.

and so on
>>
>>150155778
I got real pissed and dropped at the end of the arc where he didn't even get a kiss from nobuna because he was too dirty and disgusting

hit too close to home
>>
>>150125328
My biggest gripe with I Shall Seal The Heavens is that pretty much every character except the main one is barely actually a character, just a series of things for Meng Hao to interact with. Except maybe his parents later into the series.
>>
>>150155804
>implying despair isn't the new wish fulfillment
People just want to see their lives crash and burn now don't they? Mess up everything. Get NTR'd. Never recover and live as a hollow husk of a person.
>>
>>150155804
are you in the wrong thread buddy
this is the wish fulfillment thread not the "actually well written and well made" thread
>>
>>150155804
I don't know man.
They make MCs too kind.
You can't be risking your life for every girl out there.
>>
>>150125127
From what I heard after the Labyrinth arc the writer was kinda losing steam and only really felt the motivation to finish the story when he realized it had picked up a really strong following.
>>
>>150155917
He probably means that the universal harem isekai doesn't fulfill his wishes

>>150155778
Is the anime any good?
>>
>>150156069
The anime is top notch animation quality, so yes.
>>
>>150125380
Nah, being an LN made it better.
Starting as a WN is what did the damage. Quick chapter by chapter releases with no time for polish or an editor to stop you doing dumb shit can result in some pretty inconsistent writing.
>>
File: H5100013905961.jpg (423KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
H5100013905961.jpg
423KB, 844x1200px
This shit was good until bunnyshit came up, now the LN reads worse than fucking blood_skull_boi84 fanfiction
>>
>>150156122
WN is superior to all mediums as it allows instant feedback and has no speed cap.
>>
>>150120541
Nah it's pretty shit
>>
File: Oda Nobuna.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Oda Nobuna.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>150156069
Honestly the animation for Oda Nobuna was far better than it had any right to be. And as an adaptation they did a pretty good job over all with everything else.
>>
>>150156178
>bunnyshit
elaborate. is the MC some kind of rabbit fucker?
>>
After reading this thread and the words "wish" and "fulfillment" so many times they don't even mean anything anymore
>>
>>150156178
Why do they have blood all over them while a town is burning in the background? Also why does the MC wear such trashy clothes?
>>
>>150156178
what's the name of this?
>>
>>150156178
bunny?
I only remember a dragon, a spider, and best girl pig.
>>
>>150155597
IRIS SAMA SUGOI
>>
Do you like overlord?
>>
>>150156305
That isn't Tsuki ga, that's Nidoume no Yuusha.
>>
>>150156122
Yeah, MT WN released a vol almost every month and was pretty consistent, the LN is going to fix the rushed of the second half of the series
>>
File: caracola no.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
caracola no.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>150156337
>>
>>150156260
they never did. girls liking the MC and the MC being OP as fuck are pretty standard in series these days. only re:zero refuses to make the MC stronger and his "cheat ability" of going back to the last save point is more of a curse because repeatedly dying in traumatizing ways quickly degrades his mental stability. his magic also fails, exploding into a cloud of smoke or something, which is fairly useless.
>>
>>150126583
not enough doll.
Needs another season.
Probs never get one.
>>
>>150156236
>>150156305

The first time he resets out of anger after being killed, he breaks the arms of the traitorous princess beats the shit out of her and kill every knight in the summoning cave, then he gets her who for vengeance for the slave trader having killed his mother cook him and the other slaves a dinner and makes them eat until the die, then he suck her cock for how evil she is.
>>150156305
Wrong WN pal
>>
>>150156341
Google image search betrayed me yet again dammit
>>
File: 1476604519826s.jpg (3KB, 77x124px) Image search: [Google]
1476604519826s.jpg
3KB, 77x124px
>>150156379
Do remember that the dinner turned them into Goblins
>>
>>150155547
C'mon, it's not Grimdark, rather light actually, if not for occasional "Another Nakama has died, lets hit the Pub".
>>
>>150156379
>kill every knight in the summoning cave
Seriously? I'm sure they did nothing wrong. Come on. They have families too!
>>
>>150156390
Oh god, it actually does return that. That's hilarious.
>>
>>150156427
it was a joke anon, "Grim"gar
>>
>>150156341
>Tsuki ga
Is this good? First time I'm hearing about it.
>>
>>150122277
MC keeps underestimating himself which causes a lot of regret. There's this, but why did you want to drop it?
>>
>>150153979
From memory it changes depending on which reality the MC is in. It kind of makes sense.
>>
>>150120148
Reported for violation of global 6

fuck off with your rec threads
>>
File: cover_b2.jpg (317KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover_b2.jpg
317KB, 1054x1500px
>>150154617
So for those looking for a proper rapey demon dungeon, I'd recommend this one. Just starting reading it myself but its shaping up all right. 3 volumes already.
>>
Just decided to pick up Death March cause the Manga got me intrigued. Is the LN good?
>>
>>150156560
>>150129546
Kill yourself.
>>
>>150154617
Dungeon Defense seemed like it was going to be that at the beginning but it's mostly political intrigue and lovable psychos.
>>
>>150156589
HAHAHAHAHA
Read the WN instead
I hope you're a Zenafag
>>
>>150156527
its really good, it has an underestimated underdog MC that of course is over powered, ive only read the manga but the premise is as follows:
>MC gets forced into a contract with a godess from another world thanks to his parents
>tsukuyomi tells him hes the mediator between worlds
>tells MC that he has to become a hero to the other world
>transports him with godess
>godess is a bitch
>tells him hes ugly and doesn't want a hero like him
>sends him to the edge of the world 1KM in the air because shes an asshole
>tsukuyomi being the glorious nippon god he is saves MC
>gives him all the blessings he can before his energy is depleted
>MC is left to create his own harem and explore the Isekai world he was abandoned in.
>>
>>150156648
Liza seemed cooler...
>>
>>150156527
Its pretty shit but I'm enjoying it anyways.
Full name is Tsuki Ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
>>
>>150156527
Full title is Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Moon-led Journey Across Another World, if you've seen the manga on batoto.

I like it a lot. MC is insanely overpowered, if that's to your liking. Dragon waifu and spider waifu.
>>
>>150156621
It's also better for it. Which is strange, considering we're getting the 3rd iteration, but the opening with stats and windows and skillpoints completely fades away after the first chapters.
>>
>>150156698
>Its pretty shit but I'm enjoying it anyways.
They all are
>>
>>150156775
Yeah the only part of it that really hangs on is the MC's ability to see affection increases/decreases and that's become less frequent over time too.
>>
>>150156698
>Its pretty shit but I'm enjoying it anyways.
light novels in a nutshell
>>
>>150156648
>Zena
who is zena again? The elf girl or the legendary hero lady?
>>
>>150156877
the little guard girl who only gets mentioned occasionally when the MC remembers who he has to send letters to
>>
>>150156775
Are there any good stats window isekai lately? I don't see them as much anymore.
>>
>>150156892
oh man, does she just drop right out of the story?
>>
>>150156464
>it was a joke anon, "Grim"gar

A short story:
>So there's this girl in Uni
>She often saves my ass in Chemistry class, like with assignments and stuff
>Got saved again few days
>Typing her later in the evening that I owe her yet again, so maybe there's something she wants?
>Doesn't answer
>Made a joke about how wanting something is the path to suffering so she ain't getting shit
>She's like wtf, what suffering, what are you on about. It seems to her that there's something I want instead.
>I'm like, no you don't get it, it was a joke.
>She goes - OK
>Akward silence between IRL now for some fucking reason

Sorry, but I apparently have no sense of humor.
>>
>>150156892
so she gets a larger role in the LN?
Cause in the WN she basically disappears for a long fucking while
>>
>>150156921
its been around 6 arcs since i've last seen her, and im not caught up
>>
>>150156964
i fucking hope so, i've heard stuff from LN readers that she's more important or something i miss h
>>
I'm kinda liking "new gate" right now.
Neat premise of MC being transported to a log horizon situation after finishing a sword art online situation.
I like the idea of being transported into the future of an MMO made real and your created NPC helpers have become the most OP around with no players left.
>>
>>150152876
The story itself is pretty lame. The author, while intelligent and educated, can't stop showering the reader with walls of exposition and poli-social criticism to the point that Tolkien or the Old Testament reads like a Sesame Street book.

Nigga just can't shut up.

As well, the series badly underutilizes how cute Tanya, the MC, should be, with how autistically an ass her inner personality is.

Aesthetically, it's great. Functionally, the series is actually a let down. It's like a beautiful girl with a horrendous personality (much like the MC).
>>
>>150156698
I bet this will be the next isekai to get an anime.
>>
>>150156994
Do the demihuman trio at the start stick around?
>>
>>150157034
>not Mushoku
Just
>>
>>150157055
Yes. They're there forever.

Pochi and Tama are the cutest.
>>
>>150157069
>not a highschool student or salaryman before reincarnation

It isn't happening.
>>
>>150157055
they are forever by his side as his daughterus
>>
>>150154861
Most of them start as webnovels in Japan that gain popularity enough for a publisher to suck them up for cash.
>>
>>150156367
Given the LN was only one volume I think it covered the entire story.
>>
>>150157084
One thing I don't get about them

>nanodesu
what the fuck
I've heard "desu" as an ending thing in various anime but what the fuck is nanodesu
is the translator just making this shit up or what?
>>
>>150154794
You should write it yourself. Remember to name the MC "Tucker."
>>
File: doushite1_main.jpg (267KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
doushite1_main.jpg
267KB, 300x440px
One of my current favorites of those reincarnated into an otome game novels. It decided to take a more original approach to the whole thing which makes it quite refreshing to read.
>>
>>150157140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjNPeKgLnC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJY6TRfvq9s
>>
>>150156994
She reappears in volume 14 to stick him with the second "scrubs" group lvl40s, unfortunately the cast is inmense and she gets almost no mention
>>150157055
Yes they can take on demon lord with no problems now lvls are 60/70
>>
>>150157069
MushoTen is way too large to really get an anime. I like the series, but even the manga is showing full well that it's not easily adapted to visual mediums. It works best in text and light novel illustrations.
>>
>>150157190
it sounds just as retarded being spoken as it when I read it. But I guess I can get over it
>>
>>150157218
How about a visual novel?
>>
>>150157140
>what the fuck is nanodesu
Raise your powerlevel, you illiterate monkey. It's a cutesy form of the explanatory "no desu."
>>
>>150157426
That actually sounds like it would work pretty well. It'd be even better if it was part turn-based strategy like Underwater Ray Romano too.

It would show off how much a glass cannon Rudeus really is and how a dedicated fighter can really wreck his rectum.
>>
>>150157218
>MushoTen is way too large to really get an anime.
WAT

>manga is showing full well that
Pacing is shit.
Skipping things.
>>
>>150157485
Dedicated in what way?
>>
>>150157459
I'm already reading garbage isekai LNs my power level is already maximum
>>
File: mushoku13.jpg (170KB, 450x640px) Image search: [Google]
mushoku13.jpg
170KB, 450x640px
Cover of LN13 of MT
>>
>>150157559
We're already on 13?
Whew.
>>
>>150157538
>complains about nano desu
you are clearly lacking in power level, you are a krillin in a cell saga, anon
>>
>>150157559
She looks a lot less vegetable than I expected.
>>
>>150157426
Linear plot without choices?
>>
File: nobuna.webm (2MB, 520x292px) Image search: [Google]
nobuna.webm
2MB, 520x292px
>>150120274
The excellent direction helped with that, I tried starting the LNs and they were pretty bad. It was still great for having actually competent side characters, especially non-cute girl side characters.
>MC has to genuinely git gud
I loved that aspect. He's never better at anything than the other characters and he even starts to lose his future history cheat. He actually puts his life on the line. That's the kind of character I want to self-insert as, not some overpowered Coldsteel who gets handed everything.
>>
>>150157588
But he is still a part of it
>>
>>150157635
He's right though.
>>
>>150157559
>Lifeless eyes.
>>
>All this Rudeus hate
He's a pretty good MC, relatable enough for the audience while still having enough balls to do what needs to get done.

He also develops a lot during the story and never feels powerful enough to be called a Gary Stu, pretty solid actually.
>>
>>150157731
Anons are jealous they'll never be able to live another life and do it perfectly.
>>
>>150157766
>>150157731
I don't see how you guys can find him relateable at all.
>>
>>150157632
>I want to self-insert as a character who needs to and actually tries and tries again to git gud
That's not how it works anon
>>
File: Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki c07 p140.png (349KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki c07 p140.png
349KB, 855x1200px
>>150126556
I'd say part of the attraction of isekai is the severing of ties with one's past.
>>
>>150157849
I know. Nobuna's great because it breaks isekai conventions, but does it not by having the MC make some deprecatory comments about how cliche everything is but by making it look isekai while not being isekai at all.
>>
>>150155416
>Male side bro characters.
Know any good ones. I really want to read a story that has the MC's first company be a guy. Not some guy who betrays the MC or some boy(female). Just a cool bro who travels or helps him out.
>>
>>150129334
They're both valid. It's like the difference between American English and British English.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 353x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 353x499px
I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine

He, who was an authentic Vending Machine maniac, died from a traffic accident while protecting a vending machine. He, who had expected that his life was finished, woke up in a lake shore surrounded by abundant nature. He didn’t understand what had happened to himself. He only knew that he had become a vending machine. Alone in the labyrinth of another world… As he wanders alone, he meets a lone girl who causes the story to change.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine/

I'm on my phone so image quality may be shit.
>>
>>150158045
>As he wanders alone
how can a vending machine wonder around
>>
>>150158045
Oh yeah, I forgot all about this. Whats happened recently?
>>
>>150157974
im gonna be legit. unironically, i loved eugeo from SAO's Alicization arc. not because he was well written, but because he felt like a legitimate friend, who had a legitimate purpose, and he felt human (and he was an artificial soul lmao). i was so intrigued when they made him be corrupted by the brain washing of the administrator he didnt betray them, and he didn't betray his dream either, the high administrator promised him he would bring back his Childhood friend if he worked for her.
i was also incredibly upset when he died, and i hope kawahara at least keeps him dead and doesn't hack him into the series like he did with other charcters. i stopped reading after he died so im not gonna see if he revives or not
>>
>>150157559
Also in this vol, archer girl of Vol7 appear again, maybe in the next 3 vol (if he don't make a notable change) appear the illustration magic armor, atofe, moore, adult Eris and with luck some sword guys.
>>150157713
Is a minor change like the skin color of cat and dog
>>
I want an isekai where the protag is a classic style delinquent with a pompadour and all
>>
see the thing about real life is that you don't always git gud after trying times and times again
in wish fulfillment, as long as you try you get power up
>>
>>150158179
The first part isn't true and neither is the second part.
>>
>>150157731
pro tip: he's not
>>
>>150158143
Eugeo stays dead because Kawahara was too lazy to actually change the WN plot.
>>
>>150157607
Those exist so why not?
>>
>>150157607
>save Roxy
>or not
>bad end
>>
>>150158272
thank god, what happened with the war against the million americans?
>>
>>150158119
Your just going to have to read and find out~
>>150158135
He fell to a lower level and found some cute Cat Beast men.
>>
>>150157826
Maybe because that depends on the reader? I can definitely relate to him.

>>150158240
pro tip: you're wrong
>>
>>150158045
I love those banjo-kazooie style eyes
>>
>>150158341
>cute Cat Beast men.
Every time.
>>
>>150158397
i want him to stop staring at me with those big ol' eyes
>>
>>150157559
Is the LN V7 translation still dead?

Where did Kaizar and Pielord go?
>>
>>150158304
>ignore roxy
>fuck the two dog girls
I see nothing wrong with this route
>>
>>150158462
You're dead jim
>>
Ixion Saga DT
>>
Is their even any other good isekai novels?
I've read a shitload of them already and the ones I liked is Overlord, Youjo Senki, Goblin Kingdom and I Was Reincarnated As A Sword.
>>
>>150158516
Depends on your tastes and what you've read. If you could give a list. It would help to tell you.
>>
>>150158415
They are actual cats though, not just ears and tail. Their manlets too.
>>
>>150158516
well i read a bunch of isekai but the only that i would call good are re:zero and botsuraku yotei nanode
>>
>>150158449
Yes
Kaezar is MIA around 1 1/2 years ago, Pielord is busy IRL.
>>
>>150158538
I like anything as long as they're written good or translated well, their's so many of them that wont get me engage due to how fanficy most of them are.
>>
>>150157731
>He's a pretty good MC
>He also develops a lot

No he's not and he develops enough, not a lot.

His main regrets from his past lives were:
That he never tried hard enough, and that his family abandoned him.

Both of those got resolved (he got recognized due to his hard work, and he was born into a loving family and also later became a head of his own), rather early in the story.

Later he just serves as a deus ex machina in a conflict between Orsted and Hitogami.

Also reminder, about "LE TIME WIZARD, XD" asspull, that saved Lara's fetus from being btfo by magical rodent aids.
>>
>>150126583

Here.
>>
>>150158675
why are they so smug?
>>
>>150158638
how is it an asspull if it's solving a problem that only became known because of the time travel? If there was a long ongoing quest for rudeus that suddenly at the end was solved by time traveler turning up and fixing shit that would be one thing but it's literally just Rudeus living a happy life when a time traveler turns up and goes "Things are about to go shit, you should try and stop that"
>>
>>150158766
because they know they are all best girl
>>
>>150158766

Because massage technique.
>>
File: 1330850424012.jpg (283KB, 998x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1330850424012.jpg
283KB, 998x3500px
>>150158766
They've been massaged recently.
>>
>>150158843

Mexchiah is Doll, despite the fact that their worlds apart in terms of bust size. Magic is too powerful and corrupted.
>>
>>150157731
I always pretty much liked Rudeus. He was kind of dumb a few times times but generally I found him to be a likeable character who goes through a good arc, never does anything too infuriating and eventually gets shit done.
>>
File: isekaipantyshot.jpg (394KB, 850x1591px) Image search: [Google]
isekaipantyshot.jpg
394KB, 850x1591px
Has a pair of girls ever so lewdly flaunted their unmentionables like this elsewhere?
>>
>>150158962

Their legs behind the transparent skirt is great fapping material.
>>
>>150157034
You can't really know at this point. I mean they are adapting something like Knights and Magic of all things. I'm sure they could find something better than that.
I wonder if they decided to because of the mecha mainly.

As much as I dislike it, surprised Arifureta still doesn't have one. The thing already keeps selling for like 30k+ and for a fresh series adapted straight from narou it's amazing.
>>
>>150158783
how is it an asspull if it's solving a problem that only became known because of the time travel?
>a problem that only became known because of the time travel?

Anon-kun....
>>
>>150126808
Alicization is actually readable for a fair bit, alot better than the first arc and goes full Isekai with best bro Eugeo.
>>
>>150159329
then I guess the start of every terminator film is an asspull?
>>
>>150159388
>terminator film
It's a movie about time traveling robots, ffs.
>>
>>150159421
and in a setting with fucking magic, gods and reincarnation into a different world, time travel is just too out of the realms of possibility?
>>
>>150158638
Overall, various isekai start with a overpowered mc that can do anything, adds innumerable girls like trophy's and there are no sense of progression.
His development is not very notable but is progressive, like in the firsts vol that he thinks that is a genius that can do anything, but is defeated easily vs his father and the thugs and in the demon continent he felt inexperience and how vast is the world,
He don't change completely, that's good, because any person after living 30-40 years cant fully change his personality or his for of live
>>150159197
Arifureta for now have a a good ending point (vol4 where he re-meet his childhood friend) but need a least 2 more vol for a adaptation (because they need to sell the continuation of the anime) and with that passing, the LN is going to end in vol12-14
>>
>>150158638
>No he's not and he develops enough, not a lot.
I rather like him, so I'd say he's good, but even if you disagree with that, saying he doesn't develop a lot is pretty much a lie.

>That he never tried hard enough, and that his family abandoned him.
He had more self esteem issues than that, and it wasn't just that his family abandoned him, he was the one that didn't love his family back and was a piece of shit of a human being. That's why Paul's death was such a big shock for him and made him regret what he did to his parents in his past life.

>Both of those got resolved (he got recognized due to his hard work, and he was born into a loving family and also later became a head of his own), rather early in the story.
His development was only finished with Paul's death, 2/3rds into the story.

I suggest you read this again, since you're clearly talking out of your ass.

>Also reminder, about "LE TIME WIZARD, XD" asspull, that saved Lara's fetus from being btfo by magical rodent aids.
That wasn't an asspull at all though, you're giving it a lot more importance to the time magic than it actually had, the point of that scene is not just saving Lara, but setting up Hitogami as an antagonist.

>Later he just serves as a deus ex machina in a conflict between Orsted and Hitogami.
That's just the endgame, it's still very much his story until we get the new MC.
>>
>>150158921
He's one of the best part of the series, along the world building and some of the plot twists.

Most Isekai MCs are either too powerful or completely unrelatable, Rudy acted like a completely normal person most of the time when he wasn't acting like a 40 year old creep.
>>
>>150158045
I'm not far in but this is actually quite good. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>150159563
Not that anon, but time magic was an asspull.
If the author was really going down that route, then he should have committed another arc showing Rudeus path down suffering before time jumping.

I agree with everything else you said. Rudi has been an interesting character who always took others into consideration and it was his relationships with others that kept me reading.
>>
>>150159650
>rudeus
>not overpowered
rudeus is grotesquely overpowered. wasn't he the strongest in his academy at age 16? everyone was afraid of him and no one could stand up to him.
>inb4 t-there are people stronger than him! ;_;
that's not how it works
>>
>>150159716
>Not that anon, but time magic was an asspull.
>If the author was really going down that route, then he should have committed another arc showing Rudeus path down suffering before time jumping.

What route though? The time jumping was just one small event in the grand scheme of things, it's most important purpose for the plot wasn't even knowing about time magic, it was presenting Hitogami as an antagonist.

It could've been presented in any other way and it would've had the exact same effect, because time magic ended up being completely irrelevant. We still get alternate Rudy's story just for the sake of it.

Seriously, people who call that scene an asspull are doing it just for the sake of calling any time traveling asspulls.

Asspull would've been solving some pressing issue by sudden time magic, we didn't even know about Lara until the time traveler came, it might as well have never happened.
>>
>>150159716
I think discovering time travel magic to escape suffering that has already happened in the story is far more of an asspull than a time traveller showing up and warning of possible suffering.
>>
>>150159755
eh, people lose sight of what overpowered means in a genre of fiction where it's common for the MC to be basically a walking God with no real equals who's just trying to be low key about it.
>>
>>150159755
He can't do shit alone for most of the story though, he's defeated numerous times and the only time he's actually treated as someone obscenely powerful is during the school arc, which devolved into all kind of cliches for that matter, not just Rudeus being too powerful.

He's powerful alright, but he's in no way overpowered to the point of most Isekai MCs, and most of his time is spent planning and getting powerful teammates. And hilariously enough, his biggest plan was to defeat Orsted, and he failed.
>>
>>150159755
He's never shown as being as powerful as most Isekai protagonists usually are, and that's what I meant.
>>
>>150120148
TWELVE KINGDOMS
>>
>>150129508
I like Knights & Magic too.
>>
>>150147933
oo I want that
>>
>>150156337
I'm stuck on the lizardman porn arc
>>
>>150157069
MT is already finished

it has as much chance as a Mizukami manga being adapted
>>
>>150157140
I like when the delinquent dog girl in Mushoku Tensei says fakku-nano all the time. It's like she's cussing or something.
>>
>>150159898
>>150159755
>>150157485
How good would rudy fare against other isekai MCs?
>>
>>150160606
Not even close since other MCs got world breaking powers.
>>
>>150160628
Well, Endgame you'd be right. How about at the start and before the powercharts go out of control?
>>
>>150160547
Web Novel finished. The LN is still being pumped out right now.
>>150160606
Poorly in most cases if we're talking about peak Rudeus vs all the others at their peak. Most endgame Isekai heroes (and plenty just starting out) can stomp the kind of opponents Rudeus fights evenly with.
>>
>>150160606
>Subaru
he's 1-shot him
>Kazuma
he's 1-shot him
>Hiro
Hiro would use word magic to make an asspull barrier, thanks to his cheat ability
>shield bro
naofumi would block because that's literally who he is
>spider girl
rip in piece spooder
>slime god
he's literally a god
>>
>>150120148
Monster Rancher
>>
>>150157559
I like how the cover harkens back to vol 1
>>
>>150160675
well at the start Rudeus is an infant but yeah, let's take Rudeus just as he's getting his shit together with his rock cannon shotgun magic and he'd probably hold his own against a bunch of early on isekai characters, maybe even beat a few. I can see that Rudeus vs shield hero being pretty interesting.
But there's a bunch like Ainz and the guy from "new gate" that he'd never hold a candle to even when those characters have just started.
>>
Been rereading Ze Tian Ji, and I've been wondering, who's the most benevolent and calm isekai MC?
>>
>>150158638
not much of an asspull since A Rudeus got completely fucked over from beginning to end of it
>>
>>150160804
>Rudeus vs naofumi
If we're talking pre-popefight naofumi then i think rudeus can overpower him with magic since he can cast judgment-level magic. Anytime after pope-fight naofumi will be able to tank anything Rudeus can throw at him.
>>
ITT: /a/ being tsundere for MT

What else is new
Theres a reason these things are marked fantasy ffs

Unrelated
Correct me if im wrong, wasnt there a consolidtated list of LNs made which may or may not align with /a/nons taste

I recall it listing more than 30 titles not just focusing on isekai novels
>>
>>150157031
>It's like a beautiful girl with a horrendous personality (much like the MC).
Huh. It just occurred to me Aoi Yuuki is going to be voicing an old man with this series. She's going to have a lot fun with that.
>>
>>150160744
>rip in piece spooder
it'd depend which part of her evolution she'd be up to. I'd say Rudeus would have a pretty hard time with Kumo once she'd gotten into the part of her evo tree where she was the first to become those spiders. I'd bet on Kumo after she'd reached Arachne form.
>>
>>150160856
MT is the new SAO. Just wait till it got an anime adaptation.
>>
>>150160855
I also forgot to mention that Staff hero naofumi will beat the shit out of rudeus magic wise, with his reduced cast time + floating mirrors + fenrir force.

>>150160899
anything from Zoa Ere kumo and up will be tough for Rudeus to handle i think.
>>
File: Mushoku_Tensei_.jpg (281KB, 525x748px) Image search: [Google]
Mushoku_Tensei_.jpg
281KB, 525x748px
>>150157559
Nice
>>
Thinking about it, which isekai MCs dont go full power autismo anyway

Also comparing Rudeus to other overpowered MCs seem for naught since on the powerlevel scale, hes not that strong compared to other rinkernators or summoned people

Imagine him fighting against re:monster mc or even simpler, sirius from WT

Hed get curbstomped
>>
Let me guess, a chink was the one behind novelupdates?

Fucking ranking is 100% commie with pretentious leeway here and there
>>
>>150161072
No shit he'd get curbstomped, but i'd like to hear opinions about how long would it take for someone to get to that point
>>
>>150159563
>I rather like him, so I'd say he's good
Kill yourself.

>saying he doesn't develop a lot is pretty much a lie.
I don't think you know what a character development is in that case.
>was a piece of shit of a human being
Living in a parents basement doesn't make one a piece of shit.
>>
>>150161169
>Fucking ranking is 100% commie with pretentious leeway here and there

Probably because they update daily.
>>
>>150160984
I thought it seemed familiar.
>tfw it's also gotten a lot more shiny
>>
>>150126808
>Writing off alicization

I imagine that if SAO was only alicization, even /a/ would not hate it.
>>
>>150154529
you'll find lots of self insert loser mc light novels place a disproportionate amount of focus on 'MC IS SO GOOD AT COOKING', because the one thing almost every hikki neet is guaranteed to be good at, if they are good at anything, is feeding themselves.

what's really frustrating is that these authors rarely take the time to do any research on the food they are so proud of. Sorry nipponese-san, but western style food wouldn't be nearly as impressive to fantasy-western world as you think it is.
>>
>>150125722
there will never be season 2. they made season 1 for normies to bait and switch ln sales and then ran out of non-lolicon source material.
>>
>>150156621
>>150156775
>>150156812
Barbatos was okay until she turned into a bitch because Danta wasn't racist enough to humans.

Lala forever best girl. That brilliant +50 affection scene touched my heart.
>>
>>150126171
>Why read a ln about a guy playing mmos when you can just play an mmo?

because it describes mmos the way they should be but never will be because of fucking normies.
>>
>>150160745
monsters rule
>>
File: lfDtDr6[1].png (29KB, 210x203px) Image search: [Google]
lfDtDr6[1].png
29KB, 210x203px
>>150161558
>what's really frustrating is that these authors rarely take the time to do any research on the food they are so proud of. Sorry nipponese-san, but western style food wouldn't be nearly as impressive to fantasy-western world as you think it is.
>IF YOU FLIP A STEAK
>IT COOKS MORE EVENLY
>SUGOI
>>
>>150154617
Lazy Dungeon Master maybe? But it's very slow because all the MC really wants to do is sleep.

Dungeon Hunter also has placement and 'management' of dungeons, but the real focus is elsewhere.
>>
File: Eris is the true MC.png (258KB, 1198x803px) Image search: [Google]
Eris is the true MC.png
258KB, 1198x803px
>>150161072
In other isekai MC saves the side characters

In MT side characters saves the MC
>>
>>150161708
That illustration is LDM.
>>
>>150161725
Eris has concave eyes.
>>
>>150125982
>>150126069

It has it's moments of comedy that I enjoy but I got tired of his crap when he was literally tricking an entire city into doing work for him while feeding them grass/stone soup that he was charging em for while they were providing said labour for free.
The examples of his cleverness don't prove he's bright so much as everyone else is being spontaneously retarded and even the examples to show the superiority of his cheapskate ways are utterly wrong upon any proper inspection.
Eg Merchant dude nonchalantly tosses a gold coin to get let into the city since noone is going to let in a poorfag merchant and it causes word to spread around that a rich merchant is there which means customers go looking to him directly incase anything rare came about. It's a solid investment.
Poorfag MC walks up and haggles/lies (MC absolutely loves outright lying more than even the president elect to get more money) until he gets in cheaply.
This is supposed to indicate that Poorfag MC is a GENIUS and SUPERIOR for getting in cheaper. Nevermind that there is no way in hell any city guard would believe that a merchant with a wagon stocked to the brim with stuff to sell would be too poor to pay the entrance fee,showing up in tattered rags would make the fact that he has goods highly suspicious and get him immediately arrested for suspicion of banditry, hearing about him arriving in said rags if he wasn't arrested would turn away all the customers as they'd think he's too poor/inept to buy from and about a billion other things. Clearly MC is the smart one for being able to haggle the price down when he looks worse than a homeless dude
Sorry for that rant.
There are funny things I did like such as swordnoobs being so inept at videogames that their characters literally die each day from starvation as they are too dumb to figure out where/how to get food. Eventually people find their retarded antics amusing and start feeding em.
>>
>>150152355
alice did nothing wrong. also she was irrelevant as fuck, dont get why anyone gives a fuck about her.
>>
>>150161202
>Living in a parents basement doesn't make one a piece of shit.
I'm sure you are not anon, don't worry about it.

But I don't know, literally not giving a fuck about your parents death and continuing to leech them off even after their death+all the disgusting shit he's been doing which resulted in his family chasing him out while beating him with baseball bats, should qualify as being a piece of shit.
>>
>>150126742
I do
see >>150124609
>>
>>150161202
>I don't think you know what a character development is in that case.
I don't think you know how to read if you seriously think he didn't develop a lot.

>Living in a parents basement doesn't make one a piece of shit.
Being completely useless and uncaring about the family that was taking care of him does make him a piece of shit.

>Kill yourself.
Good to know I don't have to take you seriously.
>>
>>150154489
vending machine otaku dies, gets reincarnated into fantasy world as a vending machine. He gets 1 cheat hack because he is mc and instead of buying the 'transform into a person' upgrade, he picks some shitty shield ability.

qt waifu finds him and thinks he's some kind of lost technology magic artifact, carries him around like he's a piece of equipment.
>>
>>150161778
By far the most amusing part of it all to me was when he took an ethics exam thinking it would be easy and saw him actually think he picked the right answers.
Anyone that sees his answers would probably think he's a cartoon villain come to life.

Somebody spoil me since i really don't want to stomach the series again. What happened when he got his clearly 0% results back.
>>
>>150126742
>He will ALWAYS win the arguments.
not hard to win arguments in Xianxia since half the time the characters get butthurt just for the act of the MC speaking out against them

Chinese murderhobots aren't known for their excellent debates
>>
>>150126742
>like sadistic MC that loves to torture people
>Don't like it when the sadistic MC harms people that don't deserve it because of personal moralfaggotry
>Hate it when the series tries to make the asshole protagonist sympathetic or have sympathetic morality (unless the writing is good and the antagonist is interesting enough to pull it off)

Xianxia really fits my taste like a glove
>>
>>150161761
Well that's what I get for not clicking on the thumbnail. Shit I don't think I even realized there was an image in that post.
>>
>>150159716
>>150158638
>time magic was an asspull.
Jesus, did the author rewrote that part in the LN or are those guys being fucking retarded?
>>
Since the thread is about to end i reccomend we migrate to the kumo thread once it hits 500 posts

>>150082246
>>
>>150161846
>doesn't pick the transform into a person upgrade
Based
>>
>>150158397
oh my god i never noticed those eyes
>>
>>150154617
THIS LITTLE GIRLS HAS HAD SEX MULTIPLE TIMES
>>
>>150160744
spider girl is also a god.
>>
>>150162173
Would you sleep with a used body pillow?
>>
>>150160856
Syousetuka ni Narou novel all-time ranking August update

1. Mushoku Tensei - 341,963 pt
2. Kenkyo Kenjitsu - 254,495 pt
3. Hachinan tte sorewa nai deshou - 251,128 pt
4. Arifureta - 241,310 pt
5. Isekai Dungeon Slave Harem - 237,893 pt
6. Tensei shitara Slime datta ken - 232,727 pt
7. Death March - 222,266 pt
8. Kumo desuga Nani Ka? - 206,895 pt
9. Re: Zero kara hajimeru - 192,089 pt
10. Shield Hero - 183,375 pt
11. Isekai Cafe - 178,063 pt
12. Fairytale Chronicle - 168,315 pt
13. Golden Word Master - 166,648 pt
14. Tondemo Skill - 165,809 pt
15. NEET dakedo Hello Work - 159,959 pt
16. Log Horizon - 157,692 pt
17. Risou no Himo life - 154,714 pt
18. Only I know this world is a game - 153,222 pt
19. Magicraft Meister - 152,840 pt
20. Legend - 151,121 pt
>>
>>150162191
If it was pre-apotheosis it'll be difficult if it was any of the later evolutions starting from the one that has the corrosion strike thing, anything before he can do it.
>>
>>150159650
rudeus is over powered when pushed to the limits. He basically casted a nuclear explosion when oreinstien first tried to kill him. then in the alt time line he masters all the cray ancient dragon magic and invents time travel, even though it partially fails.

the story just doesnt require him to be crazy op since there's plenty of side characters to help him pick up the slack.
>>
>>150147933
Jobless oblige translations will resume in december. The TLer got sick and was out due to surgery and chemo for a while. He blames hitogami, and a lack of post-school arc Gorilla-de.
>>
>>150162264
side characters tend to be more OP than he is

especially Orsted, guy would be the MC in any other WN
>>
>>150162252
>5.
what the fuck japan

oh nevermind they're just buying it because it says slave harem in the title, aren't they
>>
>>150162252
>4. Arifureta
Just kill them already
>>
>>150162357
also because it's semi-safe fap material
>>
>>150125722
no season 2 but a movie of one of the books
>>
>>150159650
>Rudy acted like a completely normal person
I really do not ever want to meet you or anyone you know if you think his disgusting personality is "normal".
>>
>>150159197
>I mean they are adapting something like Knights and Magic of all things. I'm sure they could find something better than that.

Knights and magic is pretty good m8
>>
>>150162252
>Magicraft Meister
What's this? Is this good?
>>
>>150163111
inventor MC going into fantasy world and creating modern tech and magitech

and that's about it
>>
>>150160856
more like MT fanboys being retarded and can't accept people dislike rudeus. Isn't it time you faggots got over it? He's a terrible protag, and even overpowered and bland protags are still better.
>>
>>150163111
it stops being readable when every arc is basically
>MC travels to a new place.
>Meet a damsel in distress.
>Impress her with his invention
>Solve her crisis
>She become romantically interested in him
>He leaves
>>
>>150163051
Did you even keep reading?
> when he wasn't acting like a 40 year old creep.
>>
>>150161558
>read MT
>Rudi constantly being autistic over his nip food throughout the series
>finally got the supplies to recreate it
>shares it with his wife and friend
>"meh it's alright I guess"

it's the little things
>>
>>150154941
>enter new setting
>make nice with too many nobles for Deep Blue to keep a database of
>seduce the local wildlife
>kill some big bad behind the scenes
>get showered in more adoration
ok, sure. Even if something is cliched, it can still be good, right?
Just not if that formula gets repeated for every single fucking story arc ever.

Another one of my massive gripes is that Satou is a complete fucking scumbag, even if the author intended for him to be seen as the opposite of such. It's that kind of superman's dilemma thing except Satou has even greater power. People are being massacred? Better tuck my 300 waifus into bed and change out of my dinner jacket first before I do something.
>>
>>150162252
>Only I know this world is a game
this is actually pretty funny to be honest, too bad it has a terrible name.
An isekai where the protag is a game world full of bugs and weird game logic. Anyone who played a few bathesda games on launch can sympathize with him
>>
>>150163189
I can accept people disliking rudeus, but I can't accept people calling him terrible for retarded reasons (which really boil down to "it's bad because I don't like him") or blatantly lying about the story.
>>
>>150163189
>He's a terrible protag, and even overpowered and bland protags are still better.
No.
Now you're simply being salty
>>
File: she was asking for it.jpg (86KB, 720x267px) Image search: [Google]
she was asking for it.jpg
86KB, 720x267px
>>150163051
>rudy likes girls
>he's disgusting

Sorry not every MC can be a faggot herbivore beta.
>>
>>150155072
The way the narrative is structured is head and shoulders above the rest of the genre. You perpetually want to see what happens next, because it isn't as nearly predictable as "MC kills all the bad dudes and fucks all the cute girls".

Sure, it definitely isn't perfect, but slime tensei might as well go fucking die in a fire for how much worse it is than Tsuki.

Or maybe it's because the translators for Tsuki have been just that good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Rudeus is one of the few nip MC who actually get a little bit of character development desu
>>
>>150163319
>complete fucking scumbag
For not being a 100% selfess hero at all times? Come on. He doesn't have an obligation to save anyone.

>Just not if that formula gets repeated for every single fucking story arc ever.
There were plenty of story arcs that were nothing like that, and you're oversimplifying everything anyway. Saying that vising the elf village was the same as the time he visited labyrinty city or the capital was all the same is retarded.

Like, I don't think the story is good, it's isekai after all, but your complaints are bullshit.
>>
>>150163111
ultimate handyman because he could fix, improve, and invent things
creates pumps for water wells because gratitude
creates automaton to do stuff that got the attention of warhawks because its better than warmechs
creates speedboat because damsel got screwed over
oh, he created an automaton that looks exactly like a human which calls him her father (has the makings of a yandere, though)

its basically:
1. go to a new place to look and buy some stuff
2. create stuff for people he interacts with
3. get worshiped for it
4. get out before the attention gets out of hand
5. return to 1

not really much of a story
>>
>>150163429
>For not being a 100% selfess hero at all times?
For viewing human life as an "oh well it couldn't be helped" kind of thing when dude, yes, you totally could have helped.
>better make sure my mask is perfectly adjusted
>whoops I guess that mom and her kid just died
>oh well
>I have power literally greater than all the gods combined but oh well
>it can't be helped

>the formula doesn't apply
Oh no, there's a 10% of shit that doesn't fall under.
Are you seriously telling me that the laundry list of asskissy nobles and underage harem members that enlarges every 20 chapters hasn't become completely absurd in size?

I told you what the fuck I thought was wrong with death march. Disagree, sure, but count the number of arcs that did exactly what I outlined before you come back and tell me that it's bullshit.
>>
>>150163319
You're that guy that got butthurt about Satou not preventing that hero follower using the forbidden spell that cut her life short back when the school of tovkezeera appeared aren't you?
Because holy shit it's been like two fucking years.
>>
>>150162357
>Narou Web Novel
>buying
>>
>>150163639
No, but I could totally see myself agreeing with him.
>>
>>150163581
>>I have power literally greater than all the gods
>almost kills his friends fighting hair
>gets mindcontroled by a lvl90 subhuman
>couldn't avoid his collegue from being kidnapped by a castle
>still has problems against apostles
>>
>>150163581
the more harem members the better dude, that's my wish being fulfilled

and no one has any obligation to help anyone. In fact, the fact that he does help eventually is something I don't like. Would rather if he only interfered when directly involved.

Biggest problem of the novel is that he later becomes a messiah and starts literally helping everyone and everything, including making orphanages, creating industry, giving slaves jobs, and so on.

>the formula doesn't apply
my point is that you're dramatically oversimplifying things. The arcs do not feel samey at all, it's only if you massively reduce things that you can say that.
>>
This being the closest thing to an LN thread, I may as well post this here.

Whoever it is who keeps uploading Kindle rips of Yen Press novels to the sekrit klub, could you please pick a source to rip from other than Kindle?

Kindle is pretty much the only source that deliberately murders image quality. Pick Google Play Books or Kobo or something that actually allows a publisher to save the images in the original non downscaled resolution, and with JPG quality 98 instead of 40.
>>
>>150163790
He also has the power of being a stupid dumbass.
>>
>>150163834
Since this thread is about to end i reccommend you guys move to the Kumo thread.

>150082246
>>
>>150163834
with sekrit club you mean the one protected by our goddess?

Because those rips look pretty good.
>>
File: SsG8DGi.jpg (313KB, 1400x1336px) Image search: [Google]
SsG8DGi.jpg
313KB, 1400x1336px
>>150163895
>pretty good
If they're under 4MB then no, they're fucking awful.
>>
>>150163959
>muh artifacts
>>
>>150126319
>elves start to fellate his dick and swear eternal loyalty because he explained the fucking concept of forest maintenance to them
Yeah, nah. It was fine while things were being kept vague, but whenever it went into detail about his knowledge and how it impacted the world everything went full bullshit.
>>
>>150164034
I see no reason why elves would know the concept of forest maintenance considering the elves in that world are basically at a tribal level of technology. A lot of things that seem common sense now would definitely be revolutions if brought to the dark ages man.
>>
>>150155466
Harem end is shit since it forces the girls to be the most shallow and boring characters since they are perfectly willing to compromise on their affections for no real reason besides. The only time I've seen it work well is Sevens, where most of the girls are NOT actually okay with sharing the MC, but form factions based on shared interests and work to get ahead of the rest in one horrifying power struggle for the role of legal wife.
>>
>>150164110
They were living in forests for thousands of years. Even ancient fucking tribes knew how to take care of their lands because knowledge accumulated throughout generations and elves had more than enough time to figure out the dangers of an overgrown forest.
>>
>>150156178
>now the LN reads worse than fucking blood_skull_boi84 fanfiction
It was that way from the very start. My bigger issue is how boring her brand of "edge" is and how blandly written her revenge was.
>>
>>150157164
Hope Eliza will eventually overcome her paranoia. Her mental balance is all over the place.
>>
anyone know why there's no anime adaption for Mushoku tensei yet ? Even Rezero got anime adaption already...
>>
>>150160838
Chen is chill as fuck, but I wouldn't exactly call him benevolent.
>>
>>150164376
though LNs and WNs may all be inherently trashy, there are different levels of trashy, and that plus popularity seems to be what determines whether a particular LN gets an adaptations.

Descriptions of how Rudy fucks each of his wives probably falls into the too-trashy-to-be-animated tier

there's also the issue of there being way too much shit to ever fully adapt, forcing a studio to arbitrarily decide at a stopping point, cut out a whooooooooooooooole lot of shit, or make up their own ending.
Thread posts: 539
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.