[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diebuster is set in the same universe as FLCL, right? The Topless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: diebuster 2.png (314KB, 627x432px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster 2.png
314KB, 627x432px
Diebuster is set in the same universe as FLCL, right?

The Topless ability is people in the far future learning how to master their N.O channels
The Fraternity is mentioned in both
Pretty sure the Fraternity is mentioned in the press release for the new FLCL as well

Potential crossover?
>>
>>150108695
Dunno. Maybe in FLCL 2?
>>
>>>150111111
>>
>>150111120
“In the new season of FLCL , many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?”

Damn this sounds fucking bad

On the other hand it seems that there's gonna be a focus on the Fraternity vs Medical Mechanica which would technically make it a Diebuster crossover. But not a very obvious one, I imagine, since I don't think Production I.G would be allowed to do that
>>
>>150111419
What sounds so bad about it?
>>
>>150112573
"do the same thing but now its a girl instead"
>>
>Exploiting the FLCL inspiration of Diebuster instead of doing a real, worthy Gunbuster sequel.
>Not making a gigantic mistake.

Choose one.
>>
>>150113252
>Diebuster
>not worthy
>>
>>150113378
It's pretty good, but it's not a sequel, it's a simultaneousquel at best, since both end at the exact same moment.
>>
>>150113252
>FLCL inspiration of Diebuster
FLCL came out a year after Diebuster did.
>Gunbuster sequel
Diebuster was a 20th anniversary production for Gunbuster.
Tribuster will be the 40th anniversary. Trust me
>>
>>150113467
Nah FLCL was 2000
Diebuster was 2004
>>
>>150113467
>>150113585
You guys, now I have to google it myself.
>>
>>150113437
I dunno what could you really do for a direct sequel to Gunbuster, with the same characters? Doing something totally different like they did with Diebuster seems like the only way
>>
>>150113639
Well, the only thing I can imagine is that they create a new conflict and completely fuck up all the characters and their motivations and ruin Buster for everyone, but they're talented people, I'm sure they can figure something out.

>>150113467
Just obtained a reason to live until the 2030's.
>>
>>150113585
fucking christ
I watched FLCL when it was new
why the fuck did I think it was the other way around?

In any case I don't think Diebuster was particularly inspired by FLCL. They just have shared staff and similar artstyle because of it.
>>
>>150113728
FLCL is about coming into adolescence
Diebuster is about coming out of it
It shares the same weird tone imo as well. One minute its reveling in its own stupidity but then its very serious. E,g, the rape scene, holy fuck
>>
>>150108695
Highly doubt that. FLCL tech is way higher than Diebuster tech outside of singularity stuff. Even if Haruko was a buster machine, that wouldn't explain why Nono has visible machine parts compared to her.
>>
>>150114636
??? Diebuster's world seemed way more technologically advanced than FLCL's
>>
>>150114825
Not to mention how Diebuster took place thousands of years in the future, honestly the connections are so tenuous that there isn't much point in speculating.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.