[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looking for good Samurai Champloo threads in the archives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1447273379867.jpg (360KB, 1152x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447273379867.jpg
360KB, 1152x1000px
>looking for good Samurai Champloo threads in the archives
>almost all threads that mention it are threads asking for fucking recs
Fuck that shit, Samurai Champloo thread. >Favorite episode(s)
Mine's Baseball Blues. It was easily the funniest episode of anime I've seen. It destroyed my sides. War of the Words is a close second. It had the laughs, the cool, and the bizarre. It was fucking amazing.
>Favorite character(s)
My favorite of the main three is Mugen. He's sexy, badass, has an awesome voice and character design, and has my favorite fighting style of the three. My favorite minor character is Manzo the Saw. He's incredible every time he appeared.
>things you liked/disliked the most
The thing that appealed to me the most besides the atmosphere and soundtrack is the show's emphasis on the unlikely friendship and emotional dependence that Mugen, Jin, and Fuu have. I love shows in which outcasts or weirdos are brought together and develop a deep bond like NHK, Bebop, and in a way, Lupin III, just to name a few. I feared the show would end in a shitty way because I heard that it isn't a well-liked ending but it turned out to be wonderful and heartwarming. I rewatch it every year.
>>
>>150098554
That one episode were Mugen nearly got laid was boss. I hope he gets laid one day.
>>
>>150098554
sorry m8 if you want to start a thread where nostalgiafags circlejerk each other about the MANIME of yore, you gotta use a bebop pic
it's like a law or something
>>
>>150098722
I'm just making a thread about a show I like. I don't care for most MANIME.
>>
File: 1464107264930.png (449KB, 602x632px) Image search: [Google]
1464107264930.png
449KB, 602x632px
I heard some of the praise for the soundtrack. For the most part, I didn't really care for it.

The show was fun to watch, though.
>>
>>150098554
>one of the worst anime ever made
>starring worst character ever
>all those low budget production values

How this trash got popular will never be known
>>
>>150099002
k
>>
>>150099002
It unfortunately got popular in the west because of the nostalgiafags who watched it on Toonami and liked it and Bebop soley for their action. I love both of them but because of how much they're championed by MANIMEs and all that, they're unfortunately associated with those crowds. Those shows, along with a few others, have a bad reputation here and that saddens me. I don't think they're better or worse than a lot of other anime but those crowds act like they're the best because they appeal to their western tastes.
>>
It's been a while since I've seen it and considering how the only episode I can remember of the top of my head is the one with the blind spear assassin that shits on both MCs it's the only episode that can be considered my favorite.

It's a fun show to watch but it doesn't do anything noteworthy with the characters, narrative and thematically. The action scenes were really engaging and the great thing about them is that there is hardly any blocking or parrying which makes blows seem more threatening and the fights more fluid.

Would be great if there were more action shows on its level.
>>
>>150098554
The opium episode was fun as fuck, one of the highlights. I love the three characters, they're jsut so good, the personalities are too complementary to have a favorite. And as for what I liked most, the soundtrack is fucking awesome, really one of the best, and the historical reference where pretty interesting, all the religious and christian plot was nice to watch.
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>150098554
As a dutchman, I nearly keeled over when those bodyguard guys started speaking dutch out of fucking nowhere. (in the eating contest episode)
>KISAMA
>NANDATTO
>WAT EEN BRUTALITEIT.
>>
>>150101139
That episode is also wonderful.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.