[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiritsugu's characterization is inconsistent. Personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Kiritsugu_when_he_was_child.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kiritsugu_when_he_was_child.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
Kiritsugu's characterization is inconsistent. Personality generally remains stable across the entire lifespan. People cannot change as much as he did. Either he should have been more dark and brooding as a child, or he should have kept more of his charisma and lightheartedness as an adult.
>>
But anon..
Look at yourself. You were probably a good kid, too - and now you're on 4chan. It's possible.
>>
What the hell are you talking about? Sure, "most" people don't change all that much throughout their life, but that doesn't mean that people can't dramatically change for the better or worse, especially as they grow into an adult, and doubly if there's trauma involved.
>>
>>150013492
>Personality generally remains stable across the entire lifespan.
>from kid to traumatized adult
Nigger even my cushy upbringing turned me into an asshole.
Really the only people who remain the same are those hardcore retarded people who never develop past the head banging tantrums autist phase.
>>
>>150013730
>Really the only people who remain the same are those hardcore retarded people who never develop past the head banging tantrums autist phase

Like OP ?
>>
>>150014130
Nah i mean like severely mentally deficient, they're usually only able to communicate at the level of a 6-8 year old.
Regular autists sometimes change, even CWC changed. Now he's a tranny.
>>
>>150013492
I'll take a shot in the wild and say that having your town ravaged by vampires, killing your father that caused this with you own hands, and then spending your life with killer might have some repercussions on your personality.
>>
>>150013527
>deadfish
>>
>>150014272
I fucking know. I'm playing my anime on one toaster of a computer - even 720p HS pushes the limits.
>>
>Model energetic and emotive goody two shoes as a kid
>Sociopath that plays fast and loose with rules and laws with a growing detachment towards people and feels almost guilty about how easy it is to pass for a normal human being as an adult
I don't know where you get the idea that people stay who they are their whole lives but people can change drasticly even with the most minor of factors. Christ, I've led a pretty blessed life in a loving environment too so I don't even know how to explain how A got to B.

Kerry survived a vampire outbreak that his own father started on purpose. Severely traumatic barely describes it and there's a shitload of guilt of all kinds stacked on top of it. Him retaining that cheerful personality would have been stranger than him turning into a sombre assassin of utilitarianism.
>>
>>150013492
He had to kill his father and the girl he loved before turning into a hitman.

I'd say that'd probably fuck with someone's personality a little.
>>
>>150013492
>Kiritsugu's characterization is inconsistent.
Yes.

>Personality generally remains stable across the entire lifespan.
No.

>People cannot change as much as he did.
No, they can.

>Either he should have been more dark and brooding as a child, or he should have kept more of his charisma and lightheartedness as an adult.
Anon, I have to shatter your paradigm, brace yourself.

Personality is a construct. What we call personality is a sum of learning patterns, habits, abilities, experiences, memories, behaviors, emotions, affects, moods and many more factors that play minor roles like intelligence.

Any of these factors can change. Some will change without a doubt. And these changes will affect the sum we call personality and with this, the personality changes. Most behavior we perceive and use to judge someone's personality is actually highly situational and will change if we adapt the situation.

Researchers spent decades trying to find the definitive factors that describe a person's stable core factors that make up personality. They failed, because they worked with the flawed premise.

Try to remember a situation where you had to explain to someone that you're "not actually like that". You were like that, but just for that unusual specific situation.

Kiritsugu's situation, his life, changed very drastically. Of course he can't stay consistent with his previous characterization.
>>
>>150014187
>i mean like severely mentally deficient, they're usually only able to communicate at the level of a 6-8 year old.

So OP
>>
I still dont get why season 2 is considered to as good as it is. Especially the second half lacked basically everything.
>>
>>150015749

It was good, with some great scenes, but I think it's universally agreed that it didn't meet the expectations. The final showdown in particular fell far from the novel version.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.