[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne ws/2016/11/20/manga-auth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/20/manga-author-tetsuya-egawa-throws-shade-at-one-piece

>On the November 19, 2016 broadcast hosted by comedy duo Nobuyuki Hanawa and Nobuyuki Tsuchiya, Hanawa asked Egawa what he thought of One Piece, which is currently the number one selling manga in Japan.

>"Are you trying to get me flamed again!?!" Egawa replied.
>Egawa elaborated: "If you look at it with the eyes of a pro, you can see why it sells, but I personally don't find it very entertaining." He added that he found reading the series difficult, because the influence of the editors was so readily apparent that it made Egawa feel like he was trapped in a board meeting.

>Egawa went on to admit that he's only managed to make it through the 7 of the 83 volumes of One Piece that are currently released in Japan, adding that if you know the behind-the-scenes work that goes on between the editors and the artists who publish in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump manga magazine (as Egawa did with his series Magical Taluluto), it's impossible to enjoy the end results.
>>
He wasn't basically throwing shades.

He only said "Oh, I see why people like it, but for me personally, it's not my cup of tea".

That's it. Sensational journalism is fucking cancer.
>>
>>150001215
And it's not even that, probably. Sounds to me like he has a general aversion to any works published in Jump.
>>
>>150000884
>if you know the behind-the-scenes work that goes on between the editors and the artists who publish in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump manga magazine (as Egawa did with his series Magical Taluluto), it's impossible to enjoy the end results.

So basically Hollywood's decision-by-committee shenanigans. If it's that then I totally understand, because the bad aftertaste of the New Megazord (TM) still lingers.
>>
>>150000884
I don't even like One Piece, but what a piece of non-news this is. The guy primarily writes adult comedies, why would anyone care what his opinion on a children's adventure series is? Not to mention that he's known for shitting on anything and everything and just generally being a massive arrogant prick. Someone post the list of dumb shit he's said.
>>
>>150002087
>I don't even like one piece
>lying on the Internet
Is pass your bed time jimmy. Go to sleep. You got school tomorrow.
>>
>"Hello, person who is cynical of the industry he works in, do you like the top selling thing in your industry?"
>"No, because I am cynical of the industry I work in, but I know why it is successful and think it would likely be better if it did not have to face the problems which I find in the industry"

Literally the extent of his statements.
>>
>>150002087
> Someone post the list of dumb shit he's said.
Fuck it, I went and found it myself.

>Ryoutarou Shiba's Above the Clouds is boring. I can write it better.
>Doraemon ruins children.
>Anyone that plays DQ or FF is a moron.
>Anyone that plays Mario is a moron.
>Fujiko F Fujio is an evil man who preys on children.
>Reading novels will ruin a person.
>Da Vinci isn't all that good in math. And I think he's a shitty writer too.
>See, I have three brains, each for Logic, Literature, and Art. No one else is like me.
>Tezuka Osamu is the devil of manga.
>We have one thing in common, we both hate schools. You hate school because you're stupid. I hate school because I'm too smart for it.
>I walk around showing my penis without shame.
>Works of Fujiko Fujio and Miyazaki's are poison to the mind, they encourage people to fantasize, leading to more delusional people.
>Yoshinori Kobayashi's Gomanism Sengen ruins people.
>The only thing Kouji Kumeta knows how to do is criticize people.
>Shoujo manga ruins girls.
>Anime raises people to become self-centered.
>Quiz shows robs people of determination.
>Manga isn't a piece of work, they're just products.
>When I give words of encouragements, they always say 'it's easy for you to say Mr Egawa, you're a great artist, great mathematician, and you can do anything!'
>The reason why I don't need any assistants is because I'm just way too good for them. The difference between me and them is like difference between track and field athlete and an infant.
>>
>Number one selling manga in Japan
Only because Naruto and Bleach ended.
>>
File: anna eyes.gif (550KB, 285x375px) Image search: [Google]
anna eyes.gif
550KB, 285x375px
>>150000884
>throws shade
How have the most retarded ebonics phrases become hip all of a sudden?
>>
>>150002481
I liked Golden Boy, but holy shit has he done anything since that.

>>150002540
How are those things related? It was number 1 before they ended too.
>>
>>150000884
>Tetsuya
Another quality translation by Crunchyroll (TM).
>>
>>150002726
You're the one posting a Frozen image on /a/, you tell me.
>>
>>150001215
>Sensational journalism is fucking cancer.
This. Most media are vultures throwing salt and stirring shit that causes more damage to the people and party involved.
>>
>>150002343
my sentiments exactly, did OP really need to make a thread? i guess his comment in the other thread didn't garner enough (you)s
>>
>>150002481
>great mathematician
Big words for a guy with a math teacher degree
>>
File: 1479181517337.jpg (39KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1479181517337.jpg
39KB, 492x492px
>>150002481
>>We have one thing in common, we both hate schools. You hate school because you're stupid. I hate school because I'm too smart for it.
This had to be a joke, right? No one over 18 could say this unironically.
>>
>>150003192
Maybe he said it to one of his students or something. He was a middle school math teacher apparenty
>>
He did read like 8-9% of it and be relevant ?
>>
>>150003244
>Maybe he said it to one of his students or something
>You hate school because you're stupid.
That'd just make it funnier.
>>
>>150003287
If it was the first seven ones I don't see how he isn't just imagining things. No way OP was that controlled that early
>>
>>150003192
Well I'm 28 and I hate school because I'm stupid so maybe he was talking to me?
>>
Wow... way to put the poor guy on the chopping block saying "you want me to get flamed again?"

I can see why he's like that as to how he looks at manga differently.

I agree with him and he's right about editorial changes. I can kind of see them thru the major different arcs over the series. But I don't blame him considering the work these people put into those things.

I wonder if the major villains of the series were Oda's editors over the years? And after defeating them, the editors were changed?

What if the series is really about oda arguing against his editors as to what he wants for the goals of his series and he has to fight his way to beat them all over time?

I'm curious what he has to say when he finishes: "don't work for jump."
>>
>>150003192
Lol "I'm too smart for school."

More like he doesn't want to work thru and actually learn and culture himself better. This is why I dislike people ragging on academia. They don't get how it is. Obviously, they're lazy and not smart enough to cut through like I did.
>>
>>150003769
Same guy; Barely found out he has a math degree and taught college math.

Either academia got to him or he should have transferred to a different field in math. There's more money and job security to be made in math than manga. Dunno what this guy was thinking...

Math makes more money than manga. He just doesn't sell. I dunno why he can't make a series about math and make it cooler, fun, articulate and an interesting page turner. He needs a good editor that will guide him well and not be stupid like Kubo and other pretentious snooty art snobs like him.
>>
File: 1425253406967.png (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425253406967.png
443KB, 1280x720px
>some guy says editors are hell to work with

He's undoubtedly not wrong.

Kubo used to shout FUCK YOU at every editor he met.
>>
>>150000884
All his series since golden boy have been shit so he hates everyone in general now.

>>150002481
This is just sad and pathetic.
>>
>>150002481
sounds like your average 4chan user
>>
>>150004676
Is that even remotely true?
>>
>>150005245
He was a newbie and listened to his editor too much so his first series got cancelled since then he says not to follow the editor's opinion too much.
>>
>>150000884
>that he's only managed to make it through the 7 of the 83 volumes of One Piece
Ah, he didn't get to the Arlong arc.

The rule of thumb is get to the Arlong arc. If it's not hooking you by that point, then you drop it.
>>
>>150002540
>Only because Naruto and Bleach ended.
It was #1 long long looooong before that
>>
>>150002481
>Works of Fujiko Fujio and Miyazaki's are poison to the mind, they encourage people to fantasize, leading to more delusional people.
kek
>>
>>150000000
>>
>>150004676
Fuck you, anon. Maeno-san is a national treasure.
>>
>>150002481
Any proofs except greentext?
>>
>>150002481
Is he the Yamakan of manga?
>>
>>150006953
Nice try, tanuki.
>>
>>150003192
You should read the guy's other work, Tokyo Daigaku Monogatari
> a standard drama about a guy finding love, goes through stuff but went through it all and settled down, form a family
>but that's too BORING so let's have the final volume be filled with some pseudo-philosophical musings on what life is
>oh and also, it was a delusion all along, none of what you read actually happened WHAT A TWEEEST
>>
Isn't internet supposed to be future of manga? Where you finally free from editors and other bullshit?
>>150003488
>I'm curious what he has to say when he finishes: "don't work for jump."
It's pretty simple. No one gives a fuck about "art". Manga is business. So editor tell you what to do and how to do. Read for example all Asano interviews. He mentioned about this somewhere for sure as I remember. Scene from Punpun is based on his real life exparience when he was begginer mangaka.
>>150007333
It's looks like jokes mostly.
>>
File: hideaki-anno.jpg (36KB, 298x264px) Image search: [Google]
hideaki-anno.jpg
36KB, 298x264px
>>150000884
He's one of Anno's best friends, not even joking.
>>
>>150007558
>Isn't internet supposed to be future of manga?
It depends. It's like web shows in the sense that independence comes at the cost of having to really work to get your name out there.

In a lot of respects, everyone can benefit from a good editor, or at least having someone you trust who isn't afraid to say that what you're writing is retarded and needs some rework.
>>
>>150007724
That would explain a lot about Tokyo Daigaku Monogatari's weird ass ending.
>>
File: 1471275163732.jpg (144KB, 868x465px) Image search: [Google]
1471275163732.jpg
144KB, 868x465px
>>150007101
Googling a handful of them finds a bunch of nips talking about them and sources for a few. I'm not going to look for sources for everything, but I'd assume most of them are real.

http://solife-a.com/30632.html
>>
>>150007724

But why not just make real gloves? Why are they so fake looking when they could just be real gloves?
>>
Ain't the first time the guy's shit-talked other stuff.

https://news.qoo-app.com/69203/%E3%80%90qoo-acg%E3%80%91makoto-shinkais-your-name-criticized-by-manga-artist-boring/
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/09/04/manga-artist-and-adult-filmmaker-lists-miyazaki-anime-among-the-worst-most-dangerous-out-there/
http://comipress.com/article/2009/02/23/3766.html
>>
It's always odd to see this guy act like he's better than his peers when most of his prominent works were pretty much just borderline-H manga for him to indulge in his fetishes.

http://news.livedoor.com/search/article/?ie=euc-jp&word=%B9%BE%C0%EE%C3%A3%CC%E9
>>
>>150000884

Saying you don't like One Piece in Japan is like saying you don't accept Jesus as your lord in savior in the states.
>>
>>150002481
How the hell does this guy get a reporter's time of day when all he does is give people attitude
>>
>>150009019
One Piece is probably Jesus
>>
>>150009248
>One Piece is Jesus
>Pirates are racing to get to it
>The government is involved

We Steel Ball Run now.
>>
>>150000884
>influence of the editors was so readily apparent that it made Egawa feel like he was trapped in a board meeting.

That's because you're a hack, jump is oda's bitch, he can end any series in shueisha if he wanted to.

>>150007558
>Manga is business. So editor tell you what to do and how to do.

You take their suggestion but you aren't forced to do anything.
If you want less editor interference just go to a seinen magazine or online.

>Isn't internet supposed to be future of manga?Where you finally free from editors and other bullshit?

Keyword is future, right now it isn't as good as established magazines.
>>
>>150009308
My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of "Absolute Justice". ” —Akainu
>>
>>150000884
Classic Egawa.
>>
>>150002481

oh look, it's /a/ molded into a human.
>>
>>150002481
Is this guy liked in Japan?
Sounds like a huge prick.
>>
>>150002481
>>Manga isn't a piece of work, they're just products.
YOU WHAT
>>
>>150009951
IT'S SOLD
IT'S A PRODUCT
ART IS DEAD AND WE KILLED IT
MAY GOD SAVE OUR TAINTED SOULS
>>
File: raboo poan.png (154KB, 460x720px) Image search: [Google]
raboo poan.png
154KB, 460x720px
>>150000884
>throw shade
Uhhh...what?
>>
File: 1421648854728.gif (850KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1421648854728.gif
850KB, 450x253px
>throws shade at

Why am I seeing this phrase lately?
>>
File: Ow_the_edge (2).jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge (2).jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>150002481
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.