[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I should've trusted /a/ and read this sooner. It went in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

File: Samidare PUNCH.jpg (79KB, 700x523px) Image search: [Google]
Samidare PUNCH.jpg
79KB, 700x523px
I should've trusted /a/ and read this sooner.
It went in some great directions, it could've been god tier if went even further such as, for one, having Samidare destroy the planet, as opposed to Yuuhi maturing as a person and turning on her. It's not a bad ending per se, but it makes the story less personal. It almost looks like it's aping EoE. Him letting go of his need for something to guide him is a prominent theme throughout the manga, but all he fucking does in the end is preserve the status quo, then follow his father's footsteps. Breaking chains my ass. Samidare recovering from her illness was an asspull, too. Such an uninspired ending compared to the rest of the manga.
Akane best boy.
>>
>>149893890
It's a coming of age story and that's what the ending does.
>>
Is this Cookie Mallet?
>>
it's shounenshit stop overthinking about it
>>
>>149895685
No, it's Airspace Control: Babylon
>>
>>149893890
He does so because he saw that the world and the people in it were worth the pain they brought with them and that he shouldn't let himself be mired in the bad experiences, the very same conclusion that Evangelion came to. He knew that Sami felt the same way but she still couldn't deal with being left behind so he made her realize that ending things with them early wasn't what she wanted. Both of them got over their complexes and move forward, perfectly in line with the rest of the story's themes.

Also, Anima's arrival clearly prolonged her life beyond what it originally was. Long enough for Sami's mom, who was implied to have been history-worthy, to work out the procedure she didn't have enough time for.
>>
>>149893890
>Samidare recovering from her illness was an asspull, too.
Her mom was working for years trying to find a way to save her daughter. It's a perfectly fine reason for her recovery.
>>
File: 1336970841110.png (14KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1336970841110.png
14KB, 497x501px
>AIRSPACE CONTROL
>BABYLON
>>
>>149893890
It's good but reading it after Spirit Circle made me realize how much the writer improved.

Samidare has asspulls and some plot holes, also characters are not as well developed and the writing is shoddy at some points
>>
Mizukami is pretty great. Saw a while back in a thread he's not starting a new series just yet so he can be a better dad or something. That true?
>>
I fucking love happy endings like HnS's. Too many manga and anime out there with shitty bittersweet endings forced in for the sake of it, with lovers being torn apart and with vague "we'll meet together again I swear" empty promises. The ending of HnS is so refreshing and nice in comparison.
>>
>>149897302

This, I didn't think the author could pull off another manga as good as Biscuit Hammer but he improved tremendously. Spirit Circle was 10/10, really good read. Also enjoyed his Youkai manga.
>>
>>149893890

Samidare was a love letter to Gainax. It's a pity it will never get an adaptation. If they ever did make an anime adaptation it would be a guaranteed hit.
>>
I really want to see a anime based off of a Mizukami manga, animated by Bones or 3Hz.
>>
>>149898994
All 3 were pretty good. After I finished SY, I binged on the other 2. Now I got nothing else to read.
>>
Honestly wish Psycho Staff was a bit longer.
I enjoyed that much more than Biscuit Hammer
>>
That ending would have been retarded and made no sense. It ended perfectly.
>>
>>149893890
>trusted /a/
It has the same cult hit status over in nippon
>>
>>149897302
Spirit Circle is actually so god damn bad.
>complaining about a lack of character development
As opposed to Spirit Circles throw away anthology bullshit it does for 3/4ths of its run?
>>
>>149900884

>throw away anthology

Did you even read it? What the fuck are you basing this on?
>>
>>149897302
You had me excited until I read the summary.
>MC can see ghosts
Haha, no thanks.
>>
OP here, reading Spirit Circle. Got to the point where Fuuta starts losing track of himself. I'm into it so far.
I'm guessing Rune is Rei. Don't tell me who, but is Spascifica someone revealed so far?

>>149902848
>judging by summary instead of giving the first few chapters a go
How retarded, etc
>>
>>149893890
This girl is really motivated. I like it. Is there more of it? Is she relevant?

Motivated af
>>
File: images (10).jpg (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
9KB, 256x256px
>>149896773

>KUSAKABE
>(SWORD OF THE BRAVE)
>>
>>149903024
you should just read it and stop asking
>>
>>149903561
She's the deuteragonist. Read the manga.
>>
>>149903693
Does she wreck shit and stuff?
>>
File: 010.png (474KB, 1253x900px) Image search: [Google]
010.png
474KB, 1253x900px
>>149903729
go read the shit
>>
>>149903729
She demolishes. Read the manga.
>>
File: let er rip.jpg (106KB, 654x421px) Image search: [Google]
let er rip.jpg
106KB, 654x421px
>>149903965
>>149904024
ON MY WAY SENPAI-TACHI
will make a thread when I'm finished I guess
>>
>>149904054
Have fun.
>>
File: 1395646633120.gif (465KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1395646633120.gif
465KB, 500x277px
>just re-read this after buying the physical version

I forgot how sad this got.

Slower than the old folks but faster than the children...
>>
Still his best work by far.

Sengoku Youko was good, but never as good, and then turned shit when the Tribe of the Void stuff came into play.

Spirit Circle certainly had potential to surpass it, to and get an incredibly satisfying ending where everything comes full circle after a brilliant spirital journey across time and fate, but it's just so lackluster and he never does it justice. He tried to be ambitious, but his writing hasn't really improved since then and he couldn't keep up and the stuff that happened in it is outright nonsensical at points. And the ending is hot shit.

Anime never.
>>
File: happy happy joy joy.jpg (43KB, 352x509px) Image search: [Google]
happy happy joy joy.jpg
43KB, 352x509px
>>149904145
What are you talking about, it's j-just a battle shounen with a few twists.
;_;
>>
>>149904398
>>149903564
Fuck you for reminding me.

;_;
>>
File: 1474119973386.gif (277KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474119973386.gif
277KB, 281x281px
>>149903564

>SWORD OF THE BRAVE

Shivers. Every fucking time.
>>
>Heroine's QT sister who has fun rapport with the MC fades into irrelevancy 1/3rd of the way into the series
I guess it would've been hard to work her into what the plot turned into, but I still didn't like that.
>>
File: 1441152693698.jpg (383KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1441152693698.jpg
383KB, 1114x1600px
Spirit Circle>Lucifer>Sengoku Youku

They are all fucking excellent though, but in retrospective I enjoyed Spirit Circle the most as a story. I loved how he handled Fortuna's fall into villainy. It made perfect sense from Fortuna's perspective, but it was also completely morally reprehensible.
>>
>>149893890
Yes, and Onani Kurosawa should have ended with Kurosawa continuing to jerk off on people's belongings.

I know that most of us here never grew up, but I still find it absurd to think that stories are better if the main characters never grow up.

Sami was a little bitch. Yes, it sucked that she had a terminal illness, but she also had a family that loved her so much. And yet she still seriously considered killing them along with everyone else on the planet.

Thankfully, yes, the story was about growing up.
>>
If the ending of Spirit Circle had a proper epilogue like Hammer did, maybe I would like it more.
>>
>>149902848
fuck you for not reading all Mizukami works and still posting on /a/
>>
>>149903564
>>149904498
The covers have mouse handing mantis his sword
>>
>>149896773
>THE STRONGEST SPEAR
>THE INVINCIBLE SHIELD
>>
Why do his series never get anime adaptations? It's not like they're some overambitious seinen, it's just a well written shounen. Is it because the characters are actually growing up so the otaku can't self-insert? Or is it because the art isn't cutie-cutie moe-moe? Are the series too long? Or is it because they aren't ongoing and can't be used to promote shit? I don't get it. I mean even Parasyte got an adaptation, and that one almost ancient manga with lion-like demon got too, so what the hell?
>>
>>149905640

Wrong publisher, presumably.
>>
>>149905640
Mizukami works for small magazines
>>
>>149905673
>>149905682
So does it mean the publisher won't sponsor the adaptation? And while we're at it, how popular are Mizukami's works in nipland?
>>
>>149905740
anime adaptations from manga are usually for Ad or merchandise intention and only the 3 big fish, Shueisha (jump) Kodasha (shonen) and Shogakugan (sunday) get frequent adaptations.

Mizukami is pretty popular in Japan, and Samidare even won an online pool for most wanted animated series from his publisher, but his numbers are nowere near authors of the major publishers
>>
>>149905525
It's a coming of age story. It works well as a coming of age story. I'm not denying that.
But it's not the first, last, nor the best coming of age story out there.
It was a little disappointing to me that it ended as one, because the way it handled its characters and plot structure felt fresh. Even though characters growing up was a theme throughout the manga.
I liked it a lot, but i was hoping for even more.
>>
>>149902739
The past life stories were uninteresting, largely irrelevant, and blatantly trying to exploit the emotions of the reader. I didn't enjoy them at all and I dropped the series in the future tower arc.
I really believe Spirit Circle was awful.

You can write a small oneshot and have it be great, but that's not what spirit circle was and the whole past life stick fell dead flat. To me it was a bad anthology series with an incredibly superficial tie in arc.
>>
>>149906630

I don't know what you are talking about. Knight, Samurai, Future stories were all great.
>>
File: 004.jpg (493KB, 815x1200px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
493KB, 815x1200px
>>149905900
it's not fair
>>
>>149906630
>I've got shit taste: the post
Never bring up your hot opinions ever again for everyone's sanity.
>>
>>149906630
>went that far in
>didn't finish
>still feels invited to judge it
At least you can finish the noose and end yourself, right?
>>
>>149906932
I loved his previous work so I kept giving Spirit Circle more chances than it deserved. Surely you understand.
>>
>>149906630
>I dropped the series in the future tower arc

So you missed Fortuna hijacking over Fuuta's body in the preset?

You missed the best part.
>>
File: 1420485870820.png (498KB, 835x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1420485870820.png
498KB, 835x1200px
>>149896773

It was a glorious moment
>>
File: 1479232026460.jpg (101KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1479232026460.jpg
101KB, 668x1370px
>>149905640
>you will never be a wealthy billionaire who funds anime adaptations of his favorite manga
>>
I can't deny that Spirit Circle was better formulated and executed, but it just never reached the emotional highs of Lucifer. It must be my shonen blood. Sengoku Youko had some of the best action sequences, but also was the sloppiest plotwise. Gotta go with Lucifer>Spirit Circle>Sengoku Youko
>>
>>149903652
Done.

That sure was a ride. I like Fortuna as a villain. He's completely consistent from his own point of view and well aware that he's a bastard, and from the outside he's just a straight up monster. That being said... I have to agree with
>>149906630
Other than the very first one and the two futures (tower and fortuna), the alt lives felt like filler in an already short manga. The cosmic god world fixing dnd session was cute, but symptatic of the problems SC had. It could've used a lot of fat trimming and polish.
Samidare was better overall imo, it was more of a cohesive whole.
>>149908637
Weirdly enough I had a few emotional crits with Circle, but Samidare was more consistently engaging.

On to Youko
>>
File: spirit-circle-3763243.jpg (146KB, 800x1156px) Image search: [Google]
spirit-circle-3763243.jpg
146KB, 800x1156px
>>149906630

This whole fucking post....

>claims all of the past stories where irrelevant.
>drops the manga in the arc that begins reveal the purpose of all those lives.

You didn't even get to the point where all of those past lives are weaved together. Not to mention you must have absolutely horrid taste to not have enjoyed a single one of those past stories. All the past lives had relevance even the Ninja, Aztec, gender bender stories had relevance to the finale.

I think you were either speed reading through the manga or shitposting. I mean, I'd give you credit if you gave valid criticism but what your saying is untrue and nonsensical. Basically, the manga is shit in your eyes because it didn't neatly fill your criteria of what a good manga should be.
>>
>>149907649
Yuuhi fighting the other knights was great. Makes me want to see an MC get won over by the antagonist at the end, and then all his former allies are the final bosses.

Like the power of friendship, except backwards.
>>
>>
>>149910887
>if you just kept reading something you hated it would turn good and tie it all together
>you'll see
No.

Maybe you missed the part of the post where I hated the individual stories about their last lives. I don't care how much you liked the ending or how theoretically I would have too it's irrelevant.

Let's say I fucking loved the end of the manga. Just 10/10 would read again loved it. That's 10% of it's run and I just spent 90% of the run hating almost every minute of the thing. That doesn't pencil out.
>>
>>149905409
>It made perfect sense from Fortuna's perspective

He should have know what the factories would have done when he first used the spirit circle though. Other than that, everything else makes sense.
>>
File: shit post.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
shit post.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>149911104

If you hate it and dropped it. That's perfectly valid and fine. However, saying you hated it; then dropped it and now are claiming that most of it was "irrelevant" and therefore the whole manga is garbage. Is borderline retarded and makes your opinion on the manga worthless. This is like watching ten episodes of Stein's;Gate and claiming all the loops where 'irrelevant' and the story was shit. You can't fucking understand anything if you didn't finish it.

I think you are the one 'missing the point' if you can't be bothered to read a fairly short manga all the way through. What fucking business do you have criticizing it as if you knew what you are talking about.
>>
>>149909327
Glad you enjoyed it. A note on Youko, it starts out slow, but theres a big shift around a 3rd or so into the manga that really changes things up for the better
>>
>>149893890
It's good.

Still worse than Spirit Circle though
>>
>>149905640
>I mean even Parasyte got an adaptation, and that one almost ancient manga with lion-like demon got too

That's because both of those works were popular in japan and hits back in the day.
>>
>>149914132
Samidare did top that one poll though
>>
>>149916614
Think of all the epetitions that amounted to nothing.
>>
>>149905640
>I mean even Parasyte got an adaptation
What's your point nigger? Parasyte is a really iconic and popular manga, even resident evil copies parasyte.
>>
>>149907649
asspull
>>
File: 1463887954658.png (77KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1463887954658.png
77KB, 228x223px
>>149904398
This death pissed me off.

>Guy had already made a wish to save childhood friend waifu so jumping in front of the spear was pointless

>Instead of using her wish to safeguard her childhood friend during a clearly lethal task she uses it to have some random robber kill themselves, an action which is heavily implied to be what got her stabbed in the end

Then after all that, after being saved by the guy, she drops her clearly heavily gifted/talented intellect and settles down as a shitty cook instead. Like bitch, he probably would want you to live out your life to your best instead of under his shadow.

I dunno. The wolf guy's death felt fine but Mouse's death just felt horribly cruel, unnecessary, and in the end not really thought out with how the girl ended up.

Also OP you're retarded. It ended fine. If it had ended with Samidare blowing up the earth that would have destroyed everything the manga was about. I especially find it hilarious that you are fucking retarded enough to post

>Breaking chains my ass

When his chains were from his grandfather saying 'DON'T MAKE FRIENDS, DON'T LOVE ANYONE ELSE'. Then in the end he brakes those chains not only for himself but for Samidare by realizing they've both made friends and loved.

Your ending sounds like something a 14 year old would think was 'so cool'.
>>
>>149920289
>>This death pissed me off.
Well yeah. It was a intentionally a totally meaningless death as a result of Mouse accepting the karma of Mantis using her wish to kill a person.

Mantis fucked up hard and the both of them had to pay the price eventually.
>>
>>149893890
The villain ruined it for me. He had no reason to act the way he did, besides creating all those golems when he could destroy the earth in one second doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>149922426
He was literally playing a game with his sister and using the golems for fun.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.