[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can she just be fine with the Sybil system after discovering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: akane.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
akane.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
How can she just be fine with the Sybil system after discovering what it really is and realizing that through its judgement it spread crime like a contact disease and killed off her friends?
What the fuck is her problem? Why didn't she just tell everyone and start a revolution?
>>
>>149843294
Don't think of S2 as canon anon.
>>
Is psycho pass 2 worth watching or will it ruin the magic of the first?
>>
>>149843451
How about the movie?
>>
>>149843465
Do you like something that is going to be disregarded for the rest of the series, something not written by the same staff, and mindbreaking of your characters with no one you know of love being shoehorned in?
>>
>>149843294

Because that happens in real life, and you don't see any revolution. And if anybody tries to "tell everyone" he just ends up exiled overseas (if not killed).

The show exaggerates, but is what you see in most countries, conformism or better said "confortmism"

Her character already knows this.
>>
>>149843496
OK I wont watch it then. But I need something to fix this taste that ending for S1 left in my mouth. I'm actually pissed nobody did anything about that damn system. I know its supposed to be a homage to Dick's works, but this just isnt sitting right with me.
>>
>>149843496
but S2 is canon, the new characters appear in the movie and will likely appear in S3 if it ever gets made. And you may hate shimotsuki but she is definitely going to stay being relevant
>>
>>149843294
Even thought the whole world know they'll still be scared of that exploding gore gun. the best solution there is to never add a gore selection in their guns
>>
File: overtheline.jpg (6KB, 166x231px) Image search: [Google]
overtheline.jpg
6KB, 166x231px
>>149843569
I mean I get that, but having the whole country run by actual criminals with their brains in vats is just too much. I would have been okay with mutants that can see into the future or something, but this is ridiculous from a moral standpoint. You cant just be okay with criminals running the show and judging who lives and who dies while being fully aware of the fact that their judgement inherently increases the criminal element of the city. Its like forcing the cops and civilians into a game of cat and mouse neither side really wants to play so that these guys up top can watch for entertainment. Its totally fucked.
>>
>>149843294
Think of it like this: she hates the system for what it is, but recognizes there's isn't anything better as an alternative. Plus, being the only person in the know about the system gives her that much more power over it. She needs the system in the same way the system needs a police officer who is apparently impervious to anything that could cloud her psycho-pass.
>>
File: STR build vs DEX.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
STR build vs DEX.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Shogo didn't give a fuck about creating something new, he just wanted to destroy. Said it himself.

Kogami as a confidant isn't even really on the table. Kogami is a wanton who does what he feels. That's why in the movie Akane just cuts him out entirely - he's both too naive and incompetent to be trusted with the truth.

Akane's big weakness is the Yang Wen Li paradox where she should probably just go full dictator but her ideals which make her suited to lead would never ever ever let her do that
>>
>>149843777
Having a short period of anarchy following the dismantling of Sybil and restarting from the ground up without it is a far better alternative.
>>
File: 1452405767791.gif (290KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1452405767791.gif
290KB, 500x677px
>>149843294
Because it keeps society orderly. Status Quo mother fucker. Sometimes the best system is the only one.
>>
File: aeb.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aeb.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>149843921
These niggas ain't even read Burke

Bet they think season 1 is about Shogo vs Kogami too wwwwwwwwww
>>
>>149843294
CUTE
>>
>>149843865
>Shogo didn't give a fuck about creating something new, he just wanted to destroy. Said it himself.
Thats the biggest problem with allowing Sybil to continue to run the show. It can't even judge your craziest criminals. Literally whenever someone with a mindset different than the criminals already in the hivemind is born, the system gives them a free pass to go on a fucking murder spree. Shogo didnt take full advantage of that and instead chose to create situations and watch others commit crime, but someone in the future presumably could. There could be some guy running down the street in that city one day just chopping peoples heads off and nobody could fire a dominator at the guy just because he thinks that candy corn and asparagus goes good on pork flavored ice cream and has low blood pressure.

It's insane.
>>
>>149843865
>getting your ass handed to you by a 5'4" 108 lbs girl

so much for a wannabe che guevara
>>
>>149843957
It's about Shogo vs society, duh. The side plot is about the little girl inspector who is too bitch made to stand up for whats right. Shogo was the real hero.
>>
>>149844116
>Shogo
>hero
He is Le 90s kid and he himself knows it
>>
>>149843294
2MOE4ME
>>
>>149843921
>It keeps society orderly
There was a riot where people learned to circumvent that system and people got slaughtered in the streets. Their entire society broke down in one day.
>>
>>149843921
>statism
>good
>>
>>149844214
>Aleppo
>What's that?
>>
>Akane "2gunz"
>making good choices
>>
>>149843883
You're talking about the collapse of a system that took over basic needs (such as the food supply) AND the cultural/ethical viewpoint of an entire society, to the point where everyone's lives is dependent on that structure. Citizens NEED Sybil to tell them what to do with their lives and how to react to every little thing, even minor shit, because it might cloud one's pass.

Now ask these guys to take a decision on their own in a collapsed society that was 100% dependent on a mostly autonomous, automatic industrial complex, taking into account that it only takes one petty crime to make these people batshit insane.

Akane sees Sybil for what it is: complete, absolute bullshit, but that bullshit is so deeply entrenched it took over everyone's mind. Better a truly flawed system where the majority gets a chance at happiness then the absence of a system surrounded by potential psychopaths and/or zombies incapable of taking a rational decision.
>>
>>149844145
How is he not a hero? The fact that he stood up to Sybil and chose not to join is heroic enough in itself. He sought to dismantle the system and free the people.
Sybil literally creates an underclass of people based on crime coefficients determined by the evaluation of a collection of people who are legitimately 10 times more insane than anyone they're judging. His means were very unconventional, but what Shogo was doing was the actions of a goddamned hero.
>>
File: smile.jpg (128KB, 1278x582px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
128KB, 1278x582px
>>149844247
The will to kill is her own
>>
>>149844278
>dismantle the system
Yup.
>free the people
That wasn't his goal in the slightest.

His words, not mine.
>>
>>149844270
I feel like they'd be perfectly fine keeping all the other shit like an automated food supply and just getting rid of Sybil. I feel like most people in that society would treat it as more of a burden being lifted off of their shoulders than things falling apart. They'd still have their food and all their other necessities, just no Sybil.
>>
File: cc420.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cc420.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>149844288
Remember back when S1 was airing and people were speculating how the fact that Akane's psychopass never changing despite the terrible shit happening to her was a sign that she was actually an anomaly like Shogo, and that the show would explore and develop this aspect of her character? Instead she's just magic. Good times.
>>
>>149844278
>Born with a superior mind that can't be read by Sybil
>Could use his massive intellect to undo the system and free the people
>"Nah I'm just going to watch people commit crimes and do wanton acts of violence for the lulz"

Truly the hero we deserve.
>>
>>149844375
>just magic
Discarding season 2 and holy fuck please lets, it's a wholesale reference to Do Androids Dream of Electrice Sheep vs Blade Runner which IS THE BOOK FILM DICHOTOMY SHOGO AND KOREAN BRO TALK ABOUT
>>
>>149844323
He wanted to make people aware of what it was like to live. Thats why he put people in situations and watched them commit crime. So he could see their joy when they got the chance to live and didn't worry about their hue or crime coefficients. He wanted to watch others think and engage in situations they never could have imagined themselves in due to the Sybil system controlling every aspect of their lives.
He wasn't an orderly or lawful by any means as evidenced by the trail of blood, but he was definitely going for a chaotic good approach.
>>
>>149843294
Because nobody would care. The society is peaceful and stable and prosperous, nobody is going to get up in arms over mere idealism.
>>
>>149844076
sybil can override the dominator's safety lock to target whoever they want. Capturing criminally asymptomatic people isn't an issue.
>>
>>149844497
Serial killing and having people run through bear traps isn't "Chaotic Good" by any sense of the word.
>>
I think deep down she's also a psychopath, and the system keeps her around in the hopes of using her and assimilating her. Togane I think was just their method of proving it.

Like the movie: I think Sybil knew the SEAun guys were messing with the scanners but didn't know how. So it used Akane to figure it out, then pretended it knew all along so it could maintain the illusion that it was all powerful. It found the rock it couldn't lift and then made it lighter. All it has to do is provide the illusion that it is omnipotent and everyone will act as though it is.
>>
>>149844497
>chaotic good
I think you mean neutral
>>
>>149844415
He wasn't born with a superior intellect. He just exhibited an unconventional method of thinking and had a great control over mental state by being calm and relaxed. Sybil excused him for the way he thought, not because he was smart.
>>
>>149844523
He didn't serial kill or make anyone run through a bear trap himself though. The only confirmed kill he has on screen was of Akane's friend, and that was just to prove a point about the Sybil system being bullshit.
>>149844603
I mean good. Its fucked up that he's taking people's lives, but in a world where we have bullshit ass crime coefficients and you can murder someone and not experience the slightest change in your numbers, it would have to be objectively okay to do. I mean Sybil approved it, right?
>>
>>149844369
Remember, your school cursus, career and daily life is measured against Sybil's standards. You have never known anything else. The very idea that someone could live outside of Sybil's standards is, at best, bizarre and alien, and at worst that simple thought can get you locked up in prison forever. You go about your daily life, always making sure you're in Sybil's good graces.Sometimes the system will tell you to get therapy or bar you from doing stuff; the reasons behind this will never be explained to you, and it won't occur to you to ask for explanations, because the system is absolute and cannot, under any circumstances, be wrong. The very idea of rebellion, violence and crime are unfathomable and, indeed, such thoughts shouldn't ever occur, lest the system will see them and treat you as a potential criminal.

To the average joe Sybil isn't a burden, it's a friendly Big Brother figure that takes care of everything. No need to think about life, morality, ethics, the system has the answer! Remove the system and it's likely a significant portion of the population will create another Sybil. Status quo is god, after all, why fix it if you think it ain't broken?

The characters we see in the series, in many ways, are exceptions to the norm: police officers are expected to fall at some point, but are given some leeway to deal with crazies. Intellectuals and artists are locked up unless they join the police force, in which they will be treated as disposable dogs.
>>
>>149844505
If you found out your country today is ran by a brain in a vat you wouldnt be upset? And the main reason you have crime is because its creating an underclass of people by cooking up fake numbers and telling them they are failures at birth prone to crime, putting them in situations where they are likely to commit a crime, and then endlessly reaffirming its bias with data it collects from situations its creating instead of observing?
You'd be okay with that seriously?
>>
>>149844730
he's chaotic neutral not good a very nihilistic chaotic neutral persona
>>
>>149844730
So wait... Pointless murder is fine if the (moral) system you live in is bullshit?

I mean yeah, Sybil's wrong, but actively killing innocent people who have no influence on that system to prove a point seems a bit...overkill.
>>
>>149844811
>If you found out your country today is ran by a brain in a vat you wouldnt be upset?
Are koreans still upset?
>>
>>149844811
Not the one you replied to but yeah, I'd be upset. But looking at it realistically, what could I do? Even with an unchanging hue, I could go denounce the whole damn thing in plain view in the middle of a crowded place and I'd be discarded either as a crazy guy or a prankster, because hey, I'm pushing for a revolution but my crime coefficient isn't going up, so this must be one massive, elaborate joke, right?
>>
>>149844878
Pointless murder isnt fine, its criminal and insane. Shogo's murders had a point to them. There was not one person in the series that he killed for no reason. He kept his involvement in what his "students" did to a minimum precisely because of that. Shogo wasn't some murderer out killing people for fun. He was trying to expose Sybil and only got himself messy where needed.
>>
>>149844982
>Even with an unchanging hue, I could go denounce the whole damn thing in plain view in the middle of a crowded place and I'd be discarded either as a crazy guy or a prankster, because hey, I'm pushing for a revolution but my crime coefficient isn't going up, so this must be one massive, elaborate joke, right?
fuck... you're right.
>>
S2 just killed any further hope for this series. I mean, I even put up with DtB S2
>>
>>149844161
I don't get this meme. Psycho Pass isn't a moe anime.
>>
>>149845018
Because killing Akane's friend was completely necessary. Holding her hostage with a razor sharp blade to her throat and acting somewhat violently with her, all while spouting his intent and thoughts on the system's flaws under the watchful eye of a police officer who pointed a fully functional, yet inert Dominator at him certainly wasn't enough to prove that maybe, just maybe, Sybil wasn't the greatest invention or the greatest judge of character of all time.

Two wrongs don't make a right. "The ends justify the means" is a slippery slope, and Shogo knew it. Taunting the system wasn't just a mission, it was fun and, quite literally, his raison d'etre, and the more extreme he could get at pushing these limits, the better.
>>
>>149843294
Psycho-Pass is an anime people will still be talking about 10 years from now.
>>
>>149845166
Akane is pretty moe though.
>>149845234
It kind of was. If he didnt, he wouldn't have been able to prove that Sybil was bullshit to the inspectors. They would have rationalized it as hue manipulation and made use of the data Sybil had been feeding them to rationalize it because all they know is what Sybil tells them. They would have concluded Shogo was abusing drugs, or maybe incredibly fit and controlling his heart rate. By committing that murder, while showing his crime coefficient declining, he was able to essentially perform a logical proof in real life showing how the Sybil system is wrong. Anything else would have left room for his claim to be denied. Its sad, and you can tell Shogo didnt really enjoy murdering that girl in the scene, but it was something he had to do in the event Akane wasn't able to kill him with the hunting shotgun.
>>
>>149845428
I see your point, but could reverse-psychology it and say that you're trying to rationalize the acts of a man who was the only one to raise against a system you despise, no matter how crazy and passionate his actions actually were.

To each his own, I guess.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.