[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Say what you will about this arc, but I'm glad that for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 259
Thread images: 21

Say what you will about this arc, but I'm glad that for the first time ever that someone ASIDE from Goku (or related to Goku), saved the world in the end.

It was Trunks' story, and he deserved to be the hero.

Gokufags, Vegetafags, Gogetafags, Vegitofags, and Gohanfags can get fucked.
>>
>characterfaggotry is enough to justify this brazen cashgrab and nostalgia pandering

you are as pathetic as those salty faggots
>>
>on "Z"
>Raditz defeated thanks to 3 guys. Piccolo killed him
>Vegeta defeated thanks to 4 guys.Gohan Oozaru crashed Vegeta in the end
>Freeza was Gok-- actually Trunks killed him. And Vegeta cleaned almost every single goon with a final blow
>19 was Vegeta, 20 was 17, 16-18 was Cell. Cell+jrs was Gohan. Future Androids was Trunks to end his future arc.
>Buu was Genki Dama from Earth&space. It was Vegeta's idea. Dende even asked the dragon to heal Goku because Goku forgot he had barely no ki left
>Beerus was never defeated
>Golden Freeza was a retry because rewind magic
>Zamasu was Trunks to end his arc

In Dragon Ball when Goku was a kid won more times, but even then he lost a bunch of times like against Roshi, Tenshinhan and even General Blue if it wasn't for the fucking mouse.
>>
>>149763212
M A R Y S U E
A
R
Y

S
U
E
>>
>>149763212
>for the first time ever
Cell, Radditz, Vegeta
>>
>>149763212
I liked that as well. It's still shit though.
>>
>>149764446
You mean "Gary Stu". Get your terminology right if you're gonna shitpost.
>>
>>149765716
Well, yeah. Dragon Ball Super is shit period, but we already knew that.
>>
>>149763212
>Say what you will about this arc, but I'm glad that for the first time ever that someone ASIDE from Goku

Why do people keep bitching about "hurr hurr Goku saves the day all the time" when most of Dragon Ball's victories are team efforts? Btw Oolong saved the world from Pilaf the first villain in the series.

Also Future Trunks' win is diminish by the fact that it's the biggest asspull in the franchise.
>>
>>149766248
this

If it was executed good and not rushed as fuck and unexplained completely, nobody would bat an eye, but the current state is a fucking outrageous bullshit
>>
>>149766248
Because Goku started off as a fun and lovable main character inspired by the Monkey King from Journey to the West, and then regressed into a shitty manchild Gary Stu ripoff of Superman.

We hate what Goku became and we're sick of him.
>>
File: buu.gif (313KB, 500x282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
buu.gif
313KB, 500x282px
>>149763212

I love how the fans are having a fucking autism meltdown over this end, despite it making perfect sense from both a logical, and narrative standpoint.
>>
>>149766945
>logical and narrative standpoint.
It was more ret-coning fusions and then executing it poorly than trunks himself getting the last word, so to speak.
>>
File: tetsuo.jpg (28KB, 450x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tetsuo.jpg
28KB, 450x337px
>>149766345

>If they extended the scene of Trunks gathering everyone's energy with nothing happening for 5 episodes it would have been better.
>>
File: 1470325128227.png (21KB, 271x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470325128227.png
21KB, 271x202px
>>149763212
>It was Trunks' story, and he deserved to be the hero.
Stop spouting this pig slop. The Cell arc was Trunks story but he didn't accomplish anything of worth other than making shit even worse due to his interference which was the fucking point that despite him coming from the future he was still and inexperienced twat that didn't know what he was doing and it was with the help of his mentor that he was able to accomplish anything in the end. In Super he's given several bones for no apparent reason other than him being the "it" boy and Toei not giving a shit about consistency or satisfying conclusion just whatever will nab the most audience share hence why they dragged Vegitto into this.
>>
>>149766345
He just basically gathered the Earth's energy like you do for a Spirit Bomb and made a sword out of it. How is that difficult to understand?
Do you literally have to be spoonfed to understand even the most simple of ideas?
>>
>>149766791
Goku in the manga was plenty mature enough, it's in Super that he suddenly became a manchild that doesn't know what a kiss is.

> baited the old kaioshin with porn pics of Bulma
>>
>>149767332
> earth's energy

You mean the energy of a few dozen humans, a turtle and a cyborg?
>>
>>149767290

The Cell arc was absolutely NOT ''Trunks story''. Trunks just served as a new character to keep the cast fresh, and a symbol of the foreboding threat since he had to be there to warn Goku about the future. The Cell arc was Gohan's story, and even then if you ignore the Gohan stuff, it's more of a Vegeta story than anything else.

This entire arc was centered on Trunks. His romance, his relationship with his dad, and his powers and potential, which were barely touched upon in Z. This is Trunks's story.
>>
>>149767395

And among these were goku, vegeta, roshi and yajirobe.

Also it wasn't just the ki itself, the energy just made Trunks unleash the hidden unlimited power every halfsayjin has.
>>
File: download (29).jpg (17KB, 276x183px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download (29).jpg
17KB, 276x183px
>>149767395
It's called editing you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>149767332
How did Trunks accidentally use a spirit bomb, how did he learn how to form a ki blade, and why was he able to go toe to toe against Zamasu when Goku and Vegeta were both one shotted?
>>
>>149767626
Because it's his story and the writer wanted him to win but they couldn't bther writing something proper.
>>
>>149767626
He got angry.
>>
>dude black's mortal body is having an effect on zamasu's immortal body!
Cool, except Potara is a perfect fusion of both fusees best traits. If Zamasu was immortal, then fused Zamasu should be immortal.

>fusion is only permanent with kais
>fusion lasts only an hour

>powered up trunks kills the fusion of possibly the two most powerful enemies so far
:^)

>Vegito, Prince of all Jobbers
>>
>>149767626

You'd think he would know how to handle energy somehow after all these years of training, battling with gods, etc.
>>
>>149767716
I'd be ok with this if it just made him more powerful instead of having him pull abilities out of his ass. Also he should of reached max mad when his mom was killed right in front of him.
>>
>>149767458
>The Cell arc was absolutely NOT ''Trunks story''.
>He sets everything into motion by coming to the past
>His relationship with the father he never knew is the crux of his development
>HE FUCKING BROUGHT TO THE PAST WHICH IS THE FUCKING MAIN POINT
You're a fucking idiot.

>The Cell arc was Gohan's story,
Gohan was only ever relevant in the last portion of the arc, he does nothing through most of it and unlike Trunks has no fucking ties towards Cell. That arc was less about Gohan and more so about him taking the mantle after Goku which gets completely thrown in the trash in the Buu arc.

>This entire arc was centered on Trunks
Zamatsu gets more development than Trunks in this, everything is just a rehash of shit we already know from him and he's largely a spectator through the majority of it until the last portion where he get a power up out of nowhere for no other reason.
>>
>>149767961

Everything you just said was so, unnecessarily wrong.

The fact that Trunks was the ''main point'' of the arc is nothing to do with the arc itself. Trunks sits on the sidelines like Tien most of the time and does fuck all. When Yamcha got killed by the Saibaman and set the whole story in motion, that doesn't mean he's the central focus. Trunks was a completely new character way back then, so why the flying FUCK would he be the main focus?

>Gohan was only ever relevant in the last portion of the arc, he does nothing through
most of it

Please say you're joking. PLEASE.

>He's largely a spectator through the majority of it

>Literally fights Black multiple times despite the odds
>The entire arc opens up with him, Mai, and the survivors
>He literally took part in every single fucking fight in this arc besides SSJ2 vs Black and SSJ2 vs Zamasu. I shit you not, he literally does. Fuck, he even fights alongside SSJBLUE GOKU despite the odds. Everything you're saying is so objectively wrong it hurts.
>>
>>149767626
Ki shape manipulation must be basic stuff. Remember when goku fought Vegeta and goku was basically crushed so he gave krillin the spirit bomb energy to krillin and told him to shape it into a ball? Also crillin can make the kienzan which is a razor thin disk. Also trunks didn't go toe to toe with Zamazu, Vegito was BTFOing fused zamasu when they fought and weakened him this zamasu falling apart and half of him turning into purple slop. He did shoot some ki blasts on his face which can be strategic since it obstructed his view. Trunks just doesn't give a fuck about the thrill of the fight like the Saiyans do, he's straight to the point. Also remember that genkidama blade thing wasn't just him, it was all of earth's energy plus goku and vegeta which as you know are god level and IIRC spirit bomb energy is effective against evil and the more evil the more effective. Whether it's against a god or a mortal is irrelevant, because evil is evil.
>>
>>149768401
I don't know why I spelled krillin with a c in one instance, but the point still stands.
>>
File: super_trunks.jpg (72KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
super_trunks.jpg
72KB, 1022x768px
>>149767458
The Cell arc dealt with Trunks good intentions making shit worse for everyone and his relationship with Vegeta. The arc was suppose to break down his character as an inexperienced novice in the grand scheme of things despite his future knowledge which didn't really help anyone. This is further demonstrated with Super Trunks when he thought that he had grown stronger than Vegeta but as it turns out he had no idea what he was actually doing and got his ass handed to. Hence why its an ironic twist that his future mentor Gohan winded up saving everyone in the end and Trunks winded up learning more from his experience in the past growing stronger as a result to take out the Androids and Cell by himself. Not sure how its Gohan story because he only ever gets focused in the last half which was SUPPOSE to be a passing of the torch to cap off Dragonball but Toriyama fucked all that up.

This arc in comparison is all over the fucking place and ultimately doesn't make sense. Yeah this is "Trunks story" but he doesn't learn or develop anything this time around in fact he's rewarded for his fruitless actions and you Xeno is going to make him a Time Guardian as "punishment" for his actions to tie into Xenoverse in fact you get to know more than enough about Zamasu than anything about Trunks and his retarded future timeline. So this is only Trunks story in the same sense Namek was about Piccolo, he only exists as a set piece for the setting because they were starved for new material and you can tell the same story without using his Future timeline.
>>
>>149767756
To be fair, Zamasu's immortality was unnatural and it's unlikely that the Potara had ever been used under those conditions.
>>
>>149768496
This Arc was just a Xenoverse marketing strategy
>>
Trunks should have died too. He was the one who caused this problem with his time travel in the first place.
>>
I don't mind the Potara Time Limit because it actually explains a plot hole of DBZ, but the way Trunks defeated Zamasu was just an asspull.
If it was something like his inner rage giving him the needed strenght it would be better, but a Genkidama sword? First, no way in hell the energy of the remaining life in Earth would be enough to defeat Zamasu. And when the fuck did Trunks start gathering energy for the Genkidama? This was complete bullshit.
Rushed, to make things even worse. And now they will actually call the Omni-king to truly defeat Zamasu for good. Wow, how utterly retarded.
This arc was going so well, but it all went downhill when Zamasu fused with Black.
Way to jump the shark, Toei.
Nice work.
>>
>>149763212
>Gohanfags
But we haven't done anything in ages!!
>>
>>149768363
>Everything you just said was so, unnecessarily wrong.
How? No seriously you're going to have to explain how the fuck him setting up the courses of events that transpired in the arc makes it not his story.

>The fact that Trunks was the ''main point'' of the arc is nothing to do with the arc itself.
Actually it does BECAUSE HIS FUCKING ACTIONS IS WHAT SETS THE COURSE TO THE FUCKING ARC without Trunks there is no Cell arc because his actions by tampering with the timestream fucked everything up so that he history he envisioned never transpired.
>Trunks sits on the sidelines like Tien most of the time and does fuck all
He defeats mecha Frieza, King Cold at the start of the storyline and then fights Cell one on one during the climax compared to Super where he actually doesn't do anything until the very last moment.
> When Yamcha got killed by the Saibaman and set the whole story in motion, that doesn't mean he's the central focus.
That's a terrible fucking example and doesn't make sense in itself TRUNKS ACTIONS ACTUALLY SET THE COURSE FOR EVERYTHING THAT FUCKING HAPPENED IN THAT ARC Yamcha's death....does nothing.

>Literally fights Black multiple times despite the odds
And jobs everytime, Hell Black never fucking treats him as a threat and after the first time he winds up fighting Goku and Vegeta more
>The entire arc opens up with him, Mai, and the survivors
And?
>He literally took part in every single fucking fight in this arc
He's largely on the sidelines or jobs. Seriously the fights were like clockwork here, Goku and Vegeta would trade punches with Black Trunks interrupts jobs repeat. It seems like he was only added to make people aware that he was still there.
>>
>>149768774
t. Zamasu
>>
Before you say it, yes I know, but he's technically not wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKxj77yh_Y
>>
>>149768864
By your terms doesn't that make the entire Saiyan arc the Raditz show? As Raditz caused it all by coming looking for his brother. In fact even the Frieza arc is in fact Raditz related as if it wasn't for him Vegeta and Nappa would have NEVER went to earth and none of them would've known about the dragonballs. Leaving Namek and Earth to be in their lonesome.
>>
>>149768792
>whining bitch fans 101
The amount of 'power' in it most likely was strongly influenced by the two saiyans with god energy that shot their load in too. Secondly, it is quite clearly shown when the spirit bomb started gathering energy. The moment he powered up and caused that light most likely due to the training with the kai.
It's highly probable that Gohan could've done it too but he never really got a chance to do shit after his training, he didn't even go super saiyan let alone 2 like Trunks was there. In comparison this spirit bomb was FAR smaller than all but the first use of it.
It was smaller than the one Goku used on Namek which was drawing from mostly desolate planets and a clearly desolate Namek.
Fusing it with his sword wasn't just that. What he did was he used the energy sword like Vegito theeen he did the Spirit Saiyan thing that Goku did against the androids in the movie. Then his energy sword was taking from him which was taking from the spirit bomb.
Taadah.
>>
>>149763212
shit is retarded. you should probably have your head checked if you're enjoying this show.
>>
>>149771050
>don't like what I don't like or you are dumb
Do the world a favor and ky
>>
>>149763212

Sigh, it will not get through to you but hell I have time to waste.

It was not about who gets to "defeat" Zamasu, but how it was done. If we were shown Trunks actually gathering the energy at least or maybe Vegeto destroying Zamasu's time ring and weakening him further and then Trunks just flies in for the kill secure, it would've been fine.

But no, we get Zamasu, with no visible damage from the battle with Vegeto being even with Trunks. And Trunks just forms a giant life energy bomb in the sky from out of nowhere. Goku needed to stay in one place and praise the sun to do that shit. Its just dumb, like the writers were like "Time to end this shit, lets go Spirit Saiyajin or something"
>>
>>149771555
>no visible damage
Zamasu was literally falling apart and half of him was liquifying.
>>
>>149763212
>AH YOU WERE AT MY SIDE ALL ALONG
>MY TRUE MENTOR
>MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT
>>
>>149771555
see >>149771634
The db fans of /a/ seem so retarded with complaining about everything without even stopping to think. No wonder you all loved like 5 episodes of standing around screaming that we got before. Any amount of story actually just wrecks you all.
>>
>>149771634

Didn't stop him to fight evenly with Vegito and it doesn't matter if Vegito is stronger if the fusion just fails when he uses a bit more power.
>>
I'm just pissed they literally stole this from GT

>combined foe
>fusion to defeat them
>fusion curbstomped them
>fusion ends early
>Spiritbomb GO!

And do you know what the worst part is?

IT'S LITERALLY A WORSE VERSION OF THE BUU SAGA RESOLUTION

They literally shoplifted GT's stolen ending
>>
>>149771702

I'm sorry we're asking for more logical and better structured story. We should try to lower our standards and be satisfied with shit like you.
>>
>Actually following this show
Why when I could just watch reruns of Dbz from when it was actually good?

Do you realize that dragonball super is so bad that I don't even personally consider it canon and I have never done that for any show except dragonball super? It's that bad!

Seriously if you like Dragon Ball Super I just don't know what to say. Liking a show like this is completely beyond me.
>>
Who's the biggest Sue: DBS Trunks or DBM Bra?
>>
At least this made me appreciate GT and luckily for me, they brought it back to TV
>>
To be honest Trunks killing Zamasu can be provided a reasonable explanation. Zamasu's physical body was incredibly weakened after the beatdown by Vegito allowing Trunks to fight on par with him. The energy from Goku and Vegeta, as well as the energy from the few remaining ningen on planet would be sufficient to destroy his physical body. Also, Zamasu isn't dead yet...rather he becomes nigh unstoppable force due to this (his spirit is immortal and you can't really fight against air, basically the same shit as the Goku Black Clones except better)
But it is bullshit that Trunks basically learned the spirit bomb (a hell of a better version too), and that Vegito had some retcons done to him in order for Trunks to steal the spotlight. They could have done something different with how Vegito was to defuse, I wouldn't be mad if Zamasu knew some magic that could unfuse them.
>>
>>149771805
Or you should stop whining like a little bitch and assuming something isn't good cause your dumb shit can't get a grip on it.
>>
>>149772014

You seem to be the only one whining here.
>>
Trunks got the final strike in, but Vegito did most of the work and Zen'o will mop up the mess.

The only thing to be butthurt about is the Fusion retcon, because there were much smoother ways of tagging Trunks in.
>>
>>149771809

>Do you realize that dragonball super is so bad that I don't even personally consider it canon and I have never done that for any show except dragonball super? It's that bad!


Kek, nobody cares. Most people watch it not because it's a masterpiece but because it's cheap fun. It's a kid show.
>>
>>149767481
more headcanon to try and make the writing not shit.
>>
>>149772037
"If you like this then you lowered your standards! It's shit!" That is what you're on about and it is in fact whining. Like. A. Bitch.
>waaah you can't like what I don't, if you do then you have low standards!
>>
>>149772129

Yet you keep whining about it.
>>
>>149771809
>I don't even personally consider it canon

Are you suppose to be someone important who's opinion influences the series in any way?

I don't understand why you would phrase something like that unless you were. That makes no sense.
>>
>>149771960
The ball seemed smaller than during the Buu Saga. Also the people giving him their energy were just right there as opposed as on the other side of the universe. Also they know who Trunks is and were cheering on him to kick the bad guy's ass instead of just following Satan's instruction. And as you said, Goku and Vegeta gave their energy too, and Trunks too with since his sword had his Ki after all (that made wounds that were a bit longer to heal than usually, so Zamasu was on his last rope).

But even if I'm willing to find some explanation, no, it's still bullshit.

I mean, Vegeta in the end of the Saiyan Saga got defeated through the teamwork of Krillin, Gohan and Yajirobe, but it didn't look like bullshit since Vegeta's state was visible enough to know where everyone was standing. Here with Zamasu it's hard to tell who is stronger than who at any given point and why.
>>
File: 1476983032074.jpg (69KB, 455x528px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476983032074.jpg
69KB, 455x528px
>>149764446
>implying that trunks wasn't a gary stu on Z
>>
>>149772180
>n-no u
Wew you are more a bitch than thought, do I need to grab you by the pussy?
>>
>>149772235
>Followed

And no one pulled techniques and power up out of their ass.
>>
>>149772274

Its funny cause everything you say seems to fit exactly you.
>>
>>149772211
its b8 m8
>>
>>149772329
Neat, you know it fits minus the obvious fact that I said you were whining and you replied with the quintessential "no u". But no you clearly have a solid understanding of anything.
>>
>>149766945
would've made more sense if they actually charged up a Genki Dama instead of it randomly appearing.
>>
>Will he save the future! The last fight against Zamasu! Trunks is rewarded after his impassioned desire to protect humanity leads to renewed strength to fight against Zamasu! However, Zamasu is not defeated as was thought and his body gradually begins to envelop the sky and to restart once more!!
>>
>>149763212

Goku didn't defeat Raditz, Vegeta or Cell, he didn't kill Freiza and other people's energy was required to beat Buu.

Moving on to SuperS, he didn't beat Breeus, he kinda beat Golden Freiza, he didn't beat Hit and he didn't beat Zamasu

Goku doesn't exactly have an excellent record. He's only beaten fodder and Freiza.
>>
>>149772405
Basically happy ending denied.
At least Zeno gets the kill guys, he isn't an asspull.
>>
>>149772300
If Z was airing today, people would complain about how Goku just now conveniently mentioned the fusion dance after knowing about it since before the Cell Saga, SS3, Gohan getting a free powerup with no real effort involved, convenient Potara, etc. In fact, nearly every game-changing technique in all of DB was introduced out of the blue the moment it was needed with no buildup. I'm not saying that this wasn't an asspull, but this is Asspull: the anime. I think you're giving the rest of the series a free pass on this.
>>
>>149772245
Didn't he get his ass handed to him 3 different times?
>>
>>149772469
All shonens are asspull the anime, it seems DB fans have an inability to grasp this.
>>
>>149772384

You can say a lot of things. That doesn't magically make them true. Its exactly because you used whine first proves that you're the one whining.
>>
>all those retcons of potara mechanics
>trunks somehow beats a powerful immortal being fused with another powerful being with a fusion technique that only incorporates the best attributes of both fusees while also multiplying the power of each fusee times eachother with the combined energy of like 30 dudes.

yeah super is still shit, nothing new here. At least the fight was entertaining and well-animated(for DBS standards)
>>
>>149772245
He wasn't.

Sure his introduction screams Sue.
>Another Super Saiyan! (at that time only Goku got it)
>Completely destroyed Freeza and Cold (Freeza gave Goku a good fight on Namek)
>He's the son of Vegeta and Bulma! From the futuuuuuuuuuuuure.

But he had some flaws (inexperience, mostly), insecurities (wanted to be on good term with his father, who was an ass), didn't bend the plot toward him everytime (in fact he only became secondary to the plot as a way to show Vegeta's character development), failed a lot of time (got reckt by 18, Cell didn't even had to fight but just break his spirit).

So overall he wasn't THAT bad, nor sueish. But in DBS, dear boy...
>>
>>149772469

No, the equivalent of this would be Goku mentioning the fusion dance, showing it once to Goten and Trunks and they just do it perfectly on the sport in front of him.
>>
>>149772519
What is Z's biggest ass pull?

I think Freeza being able to obliterate the God killer with 4 months of training is the strongest one
>>
>>149772522
That is the most retarded work around I've ever heard. In your mind because I pointed out you were whining about it, I am in fact somehow whining and your response of "no u" was in fact not a "no u" and instead my first post at all was instead the "no u". Despite you not having said shit about it before hand so I couldn't be saying "no u".
It's stupid enough I had to explain such a bland and retarded conversation and has left me to assume you ride the short bus to school.
Like this is sjw level of mental gymnastics you are doing.
>>
>>149772598
How about Roshi using the Kamehameha and Goku immediately doing it after seeing it just once? Would that be an asspull comparable to this?
>>
>>149772602

Goku being a fucking alien
>>
>>149772621

>retarded
>bitch
>"no u"

you're putting in less effort than the guys that wrote the episode we're discussing.
>>
>>149772469
>Goku just now conveniently mentioned the fusion dance after knowing about it since before the Cell Saga
Didn't he learned it in the After-life?
> SS3
And that form was useless when it really mattered.
> Gohan getting a free powerup with no real effort involved
That's Gohan for you.
>convenient Potara
Yeah, here I have nothing.
>>
>>149772602
In z? SS3 both Goku pulling that shit out of his ass randomly and Gotenks just doing it without a second thought cause "lel fuzon"
>>
>>149772602
*I mean Majin Buu

>>149772598
>they got it right on their first try
>what is Fat/Skinny Gotenks
>>
>>149772668
Wew nice strawman
>>
>>149772669
>Didn't he learned it in the After-life?
I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he learned it during his trip through space. Something about a race that was super weak but used the fusion dance to be powerful. Sure would have come in handy against Cell, wouldn't it?
>>
>>149772723

>Shit, I have nothing good to say, better use the strawman card
>>
>>149772692
Gotenks constantly hinted at his secret technique though
>>
>>149772576
>But in DBS, dear boy

I'm not caught up, but up to the point I'm at he's not Sue-ish at all. Goku and Vegeta fags are just mad about the ending. Prior to that, Trunks started off looking pretty weak for needing to crawl back to the other timeline in the first place. Vegeta then dominates him and calls him out on this, stating that if he's really his son that he needs to become strong enough to deal with any future threats that show up after Black; this is after he had been continuously shocked by the power of Goku and Vegeta, giving up, and coming to the conclusion that he shouldn't even bother since they could handle it. Taking out Black was the only way to keep him from looking completely lame.
>>
>>149772782
Says the one that had to use the fallacy to try to come out the victor cause he knew his whole "no u" card failed.
>>
>>149772437

Not an asspull, but an anti-climax. It'd be like if Cell had a button on him that said "DO NOT PRESS" and Vegeta pressed it while he was occupied with Gohan.
>>
File: dragon-ball-71869.jpg (179KB, 800x1244px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dragon-ball-71869.jpg
179KB, 800x1244px
>>149772728
Sorry for the shit traduction, but he says he met them in the After-life.
>>
>>149772788
That's not the point, how did he just 'learn' to go ss3 by fusing? In comparison why didn't any of the fusions including Goku, who could go ss3 prior to it, go ss3?
And if it was so easy to learn why didn't Vegeta go ss3 the next time we saw him?
I like it all but the point is just like all shonen it's all ass pulls and power creep
>>
>>149772878
Oh. I thought it was in space. I still think it would be considered an asspull by /a/, though.
>>
>>149772941
I don't know if this is filler/anime only, but it's when they wait for Buu in the Time Chamber it sounds like they practiced
>>
>>149772833

Sigh, what victor man? You one of those sad individuals that count "victories" on the internet? This barely qualifies as arguing , but if it means so much to you and would make your day brighter, you can count it if you want.
>>
>>149772983
You're the one trying to "win" with the whole "no u" and then strawman posts. Let me play the retard game like you.
Oh you used sigh in a sentence as an action. You are an rp fag and are wrong because of that. :^)
>>
>>149772978
All I know is neither Goten or Trrunks can do it or even ss2. It must be some magical thing for fusion to give them two full levels thy never achieve but until GT then Super couldn't give Goku and Vegeta normal and ss state.
It's just a really weird occurrence.
>>
>>149773088

So why are you the one talking about "win" and "winning" ?
>>
Trunks is stronger than Vegito, get over it.
>>
>>149773160
They probably could be SSJ3 is stronger
>>
>>149773164
Because it was pointing out that you clearly were out to be the "victor" as I said. I know you're stupid but jesus it was right there to read. You eve repeated it in your post.
>>
>>149773223

Heh, now thats a nice strawman.
>>
>>149773220
SS3 is stronger but a waste of energy, as Vegeta pointed out. Also clearly ss2 when mastered can almost meet ss3 in power yet doesn't drain as much at all.
>>
>>149763212

that was clearly a unique transformation though that he used to finish Zamasu, what do we call it? Spirit Saiyan?
>>
>>149771714
>evenly
He was getting his ass handed to him
>>
>>149772814
I agree, it started great. Heck at the beginning of the arc he even was trashed by Goku Black. But after some points, Trunks got pissed at Zamasu and Black and he :
>Unlocked a new form making him able to keep up with the others.
Okay, why not, it was cool
>Mastered the Mafuba in under a minute when even Goku spent a night to do the trick
... Sure, why not, desperate times but...
>Somehow learned to make a sword out of ki
Okay, he saw others do it, but so did Goku and Vegeta, they even did it as Vegeto, but they never tried to do it otherwise
>Didn't got immediately destroyed by Merged Zamasu while the latter was keeping up (barely, but still) with Vegeto)
>SOMEHOW manage to subconsciously make a Spirit Bomb
>SOMEHOW combined the spirit bomb with his own energy and his sword ki
>Vegeto's Final Kamehameha didn't even scratched Zamasu. His sword of his? Bissected Merged Zamasu in half.

I mean, I'm not a Vegitofag (I don't give a crap about fusions), and it's nice to see someone other than Goku resolving the main conflict. AND even the crap about the power of the mortals, since I think it makes sense thematically. But damn, Trunks, a bit too much too soon.

Also now the potara fusion just last 1 hour, less if you use too much power for it to sustain, because the only reason they made this sudden rule was to defuse Vegito so Trunks could take the spotlight. I'm not mad Trunks did, but I'm a little pissed how it happened.

And I still enjoyed the episode over all. But it has a bit of a sour taste, sadly.
>>
>>149773273
Back to thee "no u", you're a broken record. You'll probably repeat this process until no one replies to you then go around saying you were right lol
I feel bad for your parents, all they wanted was a son what they got was a manchild that couldn't think his way out of bed without it having been ingrained for years on him.
Have fun whining and then telling anyone who calls you out on it "no u!" I'm sure everyone will see you so highly.
>>
>>149773405

Sigh, weak insults and constant whining. Bring your A game or don't bother.
>>
>>149773375
>SOMEHOW combined the spirit bomb with his own energy and his sword ki
He absorbed it into himself not the sword. Then him making the energy blade caused the spirit bomb's energy to be used instead of his which was golden.
>>
Trunks is a half-saiyan so his potential is limitless
>>
>>149773366

Trunks is the only one who managed to shut him up. The guy took a super kamehameha wave and kept on with his fucking speech like it was nothing.
>>
>>149772941
While learning to fuse they asked Goku to show them how to change into SSJ3 since it was so powerful and exciting for kids like them. Once they started training they focused on achieving that form while in fused state.
>>
>>149773454
>more no u
>followed by trying to act like you wre right
Se? Called it perfectly. Also you're still rping in your posts there, that's really sad. Gonna teleport behind me and unsheathe your katana next?
>>
Don't know why this pisses people off. Trunks siphoned energy from the entire planet, including Goku and Vegeta's to make a spirit sword so technically Trunks didn't defeat Zamasu alone and is still weaker than Vegito.
>>
>>149773547

Keep imagining stuff that make your right, you are "winning" this. Maybe they'll even give you a trophy at the end of it.
>>
>>149773597
Cause "our precious vegito!"
>>
>>149773615
More no u's, it's like you can't even understand your own actions. That or this is one of those "I was just pretending to be retarded!" things in which case I'm sorry your life sucks so bad.
Maybe you should ky already lol
>>
>>149773520
>The guy took a super kamehameha wave and kept on with his fucking speech like it was nothing.

So have a lot of villains in the past. Buu Frieza and Cell have took multiple blasts before dying, Zamasu took a kamehamea and galic gun from trunks and vegeta without looking "hurt". He was gradually getting weaker from them though. Vegetto was stronger
>>
>>149773686

Your jimmies seems to be rustled my friend. Maybe you should come down and take a deep breath, it ain't good for your health.
>>
>>149773597
>Trunks siphoned energy from the entire planet
Exactly. He shouldn't be able to do that, he doesn't know spirit bomb technique, and it's something that takes months to learn. He hasn't seen that once. Everyone started glowing and giving him energy at the crucial moment for no apparent reason, making it look like a massive fucking asspull, even worse after his not explained power ups in the arc and retconning Potara just so Vegito can unfuse in time to allow Trunks to take the spotlight.
>>
>>149763212
>ANOTHER Saiyan saved the day
Wow, so original that the Mary Sue race managed to save the day once again. It's not like Namekians, humans, Kais, Majins, or the other 99.999999999999999 percent of the non-Saiyan population exist, or anything.
>>
>>149765744
Mary Sue actually applies to both female and male so fuck you. Get your terminology right if you are going to shitpost.
>>
>>149773731
>Vegetto was stronger

Yea, I also said that if you go back and look, but I also said that it doesn't matter much if using that strength undoes the fusion.
>>
File: retconned.png (108KB, 366x445px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
retconned.png
108KB, 366x445px
>>149763212
Reminder that without the retcon they shouldn't be able to use the potaras to begin with. You can (could) only use it ONCE.
>>
>>149773789
It's okay anon, we all understand your life has no meaning and your parents despise your very existence.You won't ever amount to anything but that's okay anon, that's okay.
>>
>>149773847

Who's "we" ? Your imaginary friends ?
>>
>>149773847
Holy shit, guy, slow down with those projections.
>>
>>149773846
I think it means you cannot fused with somebody else after merging with somebody. Because it didn't look like a problem when they unfused and got other potaras to try again.
>>
>>149773846
Considering they should be unable to unfuse, it's more like they can't use Potara again because they are already a fusion after the first time. So if Buu ended up still being too strong, Vegetto can't fuse with someone else (like Gohan) for additional power up.
>>
>>149773847
>>149773889
>>149773896
samefag
>>
Why is Yamcha so cool?
>>
My question is why did they even bother with Vegito? They just retconned shit for nothing. Absolutely nothing was gained from that fusion. If you're going to make Trunks' efforts seem irrelevant with the mafuba fail, at least keep it consistent and give Vegito the kill after he failed.

This whole episode felt like they couldn't decide who they wanted the hero to be.
>>
>>149774005
Nostalgia and fusion vs fusion hype, but they decided on a terrible ending.
>>
>>149773846
>Implying DBS cares whatsoever about the events of DBZ
Everything is only canon until they don't want it to be.
>>
>>149773990
fucker is hot
>>
>>149773798
You may be right, but he trained with the supreme kai. Who's to say he didn't learn some shit then. Or it could just be an asspull like every other shonen out there including dragon ball is guilty of.
>>
>>149774005
>Absolutely nothing was gained from that fusion.

Money. Vegetto has a new form, meaning he has new figures to put out. That's all it takes.
>>
Even though DBS wrote him oddly, Future Trunks is still best boy to me.
>>
>Sudden new fusion rules and weaknesses
>Fusion doesn't even last half an episode
>Vegito gets maybe 3 hits in, doesn't even deal any real damage
>Final Kamehameha is underwhelming and useless

I don't even blame Gogetafags for their salt anymore. At least his 30 minutes can't get cut short.
>>
>>149774077
Trunks was completely surprised and started sperging about ningens. It was just a power of friendship ending.
>>
>>149764287
Piccolo wouldn't have killed Raditz without Goku and Gohan.
Goku defeated Nappa and Gohan is related to Goku who beat Vegeta's ass.
The entire Ginyu Force except Guldo and Jeice were defeated by Goku, Vegeta just came in for the killing blow, and Frieza was also defeated by Goku, even if Trunks' timeline.
Goku would have beat 19 and 20 had it not been for a Heart Virus.
Gohan was related to Goku and defeated Cell Jrs. and Cell.
Goku defeated Kid Buu with a Spirit Bomb, granted with help from Vegeta and Hercule.
Beerus was never defeated.
Goku killed Golden Frieza, rewind time or not instead of Vegeta.
Zamasu was defeated by Trunks, granted with help from Goku and Vegeta.

There has never been a single instance where Goku or his family hasn't contributed in some way, shape, or form.
>>
File: 1453432155643.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453432155643.png
28KB, 186x208px
Why are you all acting surprised that DBS had shitty writing again? Hasn't been any different for the last 65 episodes. Just focus on the subpar pretty lights.
>>
>>149774077
Supreme Kai don't know the Spirit Bomb, it's North Kai who invented it.

Sure you could make the case if he can invent it, someone else can invent it too, and Trunks never stop talking about how he was fighting for the others, and how he kept thinking about the others during his fight. But still it's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>149774115
>Vegito gets maybe 3 hits in, doesn't even deal any real damage
He was handing Zamasu's ass to him on a silver platter whenever they came to blows. Also reminder that Zamasu was vain and egotistical as shit. Didn't even try to dodge most attacks because of his immortality as stated in a previous episode. Damage adds up and as implied by the preview his spirit is immortal, but his body got REKT.
>>
>>149774115
>At least his 30 minutes can't get cut short.
That's literally what happened against Omega Shenron. If Gogeta went blue he'd probably pop immediately.
>>
>>149774115
>At least his 30 minutes can't get cut short.
GT already cut that time because too high power usage. And if you don't want to use GT as an example, if Potara ended early because of the same shit, 99% chance dance would have the same drawback again.
>>
>>149774139

>It was just a power of friendship ending

nothing wrong with that
>>
>>149774115
>>Final Kamehameha is underwhelming and useless
I agree. They really had an issue illustrating what was happening that whole fight. Vegetto was beating Zamasu's ass, but there was nothing to show for it. They were saying he wasn't regenerating anymore, but they weren't showing that. The Final Kamehameha was small from one view and MASSIVE from another. I think Zamasu was supposed to have dodged it, but, you guessed it, they didn't illustrate that properly if so. The fight looked pretty, but fuck did it have its problems.

Goku with his Full-Power Kamehameha looked stronger. He obviously isn't, but they fucked up big.
>>
>>149774139
As much as I dislike it it's par for the course for shonens.
>>
>>149771809
I don't. I only follow the threads just to shitpost and occasionally watch a few clips on YouTube.
>>
>>149774153
>Gohan is related to Goku who beat Vegeta's ass
Now this one I will always disagree with.

Goku lost to Vegeta. That's an objective fact. He won the beam struggle, sure, but that took down maybe a third of Vegeta's health bar. Then Vegeta just beat him to near-death with little effort. Before Krillin, Gohan, and Yajirobe intervene Goku is completely and utterly defeated. Goku lost that fight, no question or debate. Gohan beat Vegeta, not Goku.

Vegeta beat Goku on Earth. Which is part of why I never understood his salt. The one time he and Goku fought, he won. Why does Vegeta not ride that high horse? Because after his clear victory some assholes running in killed his buzz?
>>
>>149774226
>>149774231
The problem is, DBZ never relied on power of friendship type trope to end things. The outcome was always bittersweet, with heavy loses, and not because of last second magical bullshit straight from Precure.
>>
>>149774280
>DBZ never relied on power of friendship type trope to end things
>the spirit bomb is instrumental to fighting Vegeta
>Gohan defeats Cell because his dead believes in him, the anime extends it to everyone trying to slow down Cell before Vegeta joins in
>the spirit bomb kills Buu
>>
>>149774272
He lost, that's enough to hurt his pride, and Goku was his main enemy that pushed him to the limit.
>>
>>149774272

It was probably the fact that he lost to people clearly weaker than him. And besides, not like he has anything better to do.
>>
>>149774272
Goku never was supposed to even give him a challenge. He was a low-class, and he was an elite.

Goku then surpassed him in power on Namek, even unlocking the Super Saiyan, and thanks to Goku he didn't got killed by Krillin.

And every time Vegeta manage to get stronger, Goku find a way to get even more stronger.
>>
who /can'twaitforthemangatomakeupfortheshitanimewriting/here?
>>
>post yfw loli Maki didn't deal the final blow to Zamasu
>>
>>149774280
>Goku's close friendship with Krillin is what triggered him hard enough to go SSJ
>Gohan killed Cell with inspiration from his father and his friends getting hurt
>Goku rants about how he has the help of all his friends while killing Buu, and they're giving him strength
>The Spirit Bomb could easily be renamed the Power of Friendship Bomb

You're right. That's definitely not a thing in DBZ.
>The outcome was always bittersweet, with heavy loses
When's the last time there was a bittersweet victory or heavy loss in this series? Did you forget dying just means not showing up for a few episodes?
>>
>>149774343
>spirit bomb is one of the techniques Goku learned in preparations to fight Vegeta, but isn't even something that finishes the fight
>everyone cooperating like always =/= last minute deus ex machina
>gathering energy takes a long time, Buu has to be distracted, almost fails because earthlings DON'T want to give their power until Mr Satan uses his popularity to make them do it
Meanwhile for Trunks it was all automatic and instant, while screaming about ningen power.
>>
>>149774280
>bittersweet
>heavy loses
You're clearly watching a different series, because neither of those have ever applied to this one.
>>
Why is every one acting like Zamasu is dead? He is still immortal
>>
>>149774426

Should we have our hopes up ?
>>
File: 1479082086824.jpg (50KB, 760x427px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479082086824.jpg
50KB, 760x427px
>>149774453
She gives Zamasu a kiss and purifies his angsty purple soul.

"ningens were qties all along..."
>>
>>149774524
Because Zeno is confirmed to show up and clean up the mess.
>>
>>149774550
I could almost hear his voice.
>>
>>149774280
Other anons have listed examples, but the spirit bomb is the embodyment of the power of friendship.
>>
>>149774555
Zeno is there to stop Zamasu. He just doesn't have a body anymore
>>
Let's see if I can't fix the climax of this arc, beginning just before the Mafuba
>When pressured, Black Goku and Zamasu try to fuse, but Mai succesfully snipes one of the earrings. Fusion now cut off in a creative new way, and Mai is now good for something, final bosses crippled through strategy for once
>Trunks succesfully seals Zamasu, keeping him useful and the technique meaningful and relevant
>Black Goku's rage powers continue to increase since they really don't have to explain shit at this point, making Vegito still necessary
>Vegito fights angry god Black Goku in the big finale
>All the currently main characters play an important role and raw power doesn't solve everything
>>
>>149773816
Have you ever met a guy named Mary? No? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>149771646
Underrated.
>>
>>149774637
>When pressured, Black Goku and Zamasu try to fuse, but Mai succesfully snipes one of the earrings. Fusion now cut off in a creative new way, and Mai is now good for something, final bosses crippled through strategy for once

I like this part. I'm not sure about the rest, though. Vegetto, much as I love him, still seems unnecessary to me. I think I'd remove him from the equation altogether.
>>
I wanted Trunks to win but he won through bullshit and that is what pisses me off.

Powerlevels are stupid but if we follow the logic Trunks should not have won.

Goku v. Frieza had him gather energy from other planets and that couldn't kill him.

You want me to believe Trunks could gather enough energy from a few humans left on earth to beat someone a shit times stronger than him. If powerlevel were to be followed Zamasu should have destroyed Trunks with a slap
>>
>>149774524
>Zamasu is still alive
>bodyless
What can Zamasu do without a body? Talk shit to ningens for all the eternity?
>>
>>149774637

I like to imagine Gowasu keeping the Zamasu seal-jar somewhere around where he prepares the Tea and talks to it. And sometimes we hear the little wails of Zamasu from inside because he can't even kill himself and has to keep listening to Gowasu talk about tea,love and ningens.
>>
>>149763212
On one side it was nice to see Trunks saving the day, but on the other one the spirit bomb asspull was incredibly retarded and killed all the momentum.
>>
>>149774749
What if a formless Zamasu is all encompassing and rains down bolts of ki (etc,) razing the surface of the planet until the All-King steps in?
>>
>>149774637
Maybe other points
>When doing the Mafuba, Trunks learned how to do the move, but didn't mastered it fully, and need Mai to intercepted the Mafuba'd Zamasu.
>Zamasu and Black fuse, but Black's potara is slightly broken due to Mai's shot, and combined with Black not being immortal give a not-perfect fusion and why Zamasu's regeneration can't keep up.
>>
>>149774749
Become one with the universe and control everything?
>>
File: dill pickles.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dill pickles.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
I'm now convinced Namekian Warriors are the only people who have fusion worth a damn.
>>
>>149774746
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKibNykWGbg
>>
>>149774851
Assimilation is nice. I don't want to see Super as canon, though.
>>
>>149774842
>>149774802
He didn't fuse with the universe tho.
>>
>>149774902
Well yeah, obviously not. I think a Ki like that will cause problems, though. I don't expect the All-King to just pop up right away. We already have confirmation that Zamasu is giving them trouble.
>>
>>149764446
Trunks is the real Black Swordsman
>>
>>149774923
I hope it's just Zamasu talking shit and being unable to do anything.
>>
>>149775014

So you want him to become an anon ?
>>
>>149774851
>piccolo is toriyama's favorite character (can't be assed to look the source just google it)
>in super he's pretty much useless aside babysitting and sometimes used only as comedy material
>fusions of all kind now have shitty time limits
>except the namekian fusion
Guess he got the last laugh at the end.
>>
>>149775084
I would he ends up training with whis for the next tournament and fuses with another nameikian from another universe
>>
>>149775014
That would be the ultimate punishment for Zamasu. He was pissed because Gowasu did nothing but sit on his ass and watch mortals. Now he'd be doing it for all eternity.
>>
>>149775084
>inb4 piccalo namekian fuses with a god warrior namekian from another universe
>>
>>149774280
>last second magical bullshit straight from Precure.
Precure is a straight improvement from almost any other show Toei has done in the past 25 years.
>>
Was Trunks' transformation perfected Legendary Super Saiyan? He went Broly mode first time he did it but each time he tapped into it he controlled it more because he used less rage and more hope each time.

Or are Human genes just THAT op?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1meEnnK6Q
>>
>>149775150
Nobody knows. Any answers at this time are speculation. The popular opinion is that it's his Super Saiyan 2 state with God Ki.
>>
If I'm right, then doesn't trunks timeline still have the Z sword?
Can't they Break the Z sword and have old kai do a potential unlock on future trunks.
Also have old kai act as supreme kai for U7 future trunks timeline.
>>
>>149775133
It's like poetry.
>>
>>149775150
>Or are Human genes just THAT op?
If that's the case, I'd be more okay with it. Not that it would matter, since Gohan, Goten and the other Trunks are less relevant than ever.
>>
>>149775218
The sword was turned to stone in the manga. It shattered without Elder Kai's release. He's most likely dead. The anime doesn't show these scenes.
>>
There's nothing Super about this Dragon Ball at all.
>>
>>149775528
It's super shit
>>
>>149775528
There's Super Trunks and his Super Spirit Sword, slashing that sorry excuse for a God Zamasu and surely showing the superior might of the Saiyan-Ningen species.
>>
>>149775594
With a super asspull that made everyone super mad.
>>
Why are people getting mad that they used a Genki Dama finish?

I thought it was a pretty great way to bring the arc to an end, there's no move or method more thematically suited to ending Zamasu than the collective power of mortals. And since the move is sort of overused as an arc ender, putting a twist on the delivery was another good decision on top of it.
>>
>>149775594
>and surely showing the superior might of the Saiyan-Ningen species

Is this a race-mixing propaganda anime?
>>
>>149775594
Too bad Trunks is just as easily dealt with if you have a smoke grenade and laser to shoot him with
>>
>>149775757
Of course not! Now remember to kiss your delightfully muscled Monkey wife or husband, and make sure to make plenty of hybrid montrosities to ensure the safety of humanity and saiyanity alike!

Ad paid for by the Capsule Corp Brodcast Corporation in collaboration with Vegeta's Saiyan Survivors Guild. Rights Reserved.
>>
>>149775742
Because the Genki Dama finish ─ while thematically appropriate ─ wasn't built up properly. The episode moved too quickly, and so it felt like an asspull. Lazy writing is the reason why people are against most of the things in this episode and series.
>>
>>149775773
He would learn how to dodge lasers and defuse the grenade through the power of hope. HOPEFORCE OP!
>>
>>149775742
I agree with you. I also think that the "miracle" of it happening spontaneously was thematically appropriate for this arc as well.

I wouldn't have slowed it down any more either or separated it into two episodes either. Vegetto needed to be at top quality animation for his whole appearance and though it was short he hit every character beat he needed to.
>>
>>149776495
>he hit every character beat he needed to.
No he fucking didn't you faggy little shill.
>>
>>149775742
>>149776495
It came out of nowhere with no explanation and not even the slightest bit of foreshadowing leading up to it. It's poorly written bullshit
>>
>>149763212

First time?

Saiyan arc
Vegeta screwed goku even after so much hype

Freiza arc
Goku overpowered freeza but failed to defeat him and trunks finished the job

Cell arc
Goku already gave up and gohan defeated him cell

Buu arc is an exception because it was a mess.
>>
>>149766945
This arc's narrative was absolute garbage for the most part, and there's better ways to have trunks beat Zamasu than have him pull a genki dama out of his ass on accident and killing an enemy though bullshit powerups and inconsistent powerlevels.
>>
>>149776805
Goku defeated Freeza, no question asked. He failed to KILL him, because he didn't feel like it.
>>
>we could've had Vegeta train Trunks on how to access God ki, even including a flashback to how Vegeta went Blue in the first place
>instead lol rage power up
>>
Super is fun and you nerds need to get over it
>>
>>149777017
That would have been good. It'd solve the question of how Vegeta reached Blue as well.

>Trunks taps into God ki in this hybrid form, but he can't go all the way because he lacks the discipline and calmness.
>He's too frantic from running around trying to save the world.
>Seeing Vegetto fight Zamasu leaves him absolutely gobsmacked.
>He has a moment of clarity once he gets his sword back.
>FINALLY has the serenity necessary to achieve Super Saiyan Blue.
>Strikes down a degrading Zamasu using it.

This would have been much easier to digest.
>>
>>149777102
Fuck off, discussion (good or bad) are why these threads thrive. Fans of anything will always discuss things to length.
>>
>>149777138
You're clogging up the catalog nerd
>>
>>149775742
>>149776495
It's not about the genki dama or even the underlying themes behind this arc, it's just that the ending was badly done. The execution and sequence of events was too rushed and the result is a fucking mess. What the hell is the point of Black shaping his ki into a scythe? Why even have the shitty Black clones if they end up completely irrelevant for the final fight? Too much of the battle was wasted on nonsense and none of the relevant stuff for the actual end got any screen time before pulled out of Trunk's ass.
>>
>>149763212
I get that you're excited someone other than Goku won this, even though Goku only has 1 win in Super, but is this really how it needs to be done?
A Mary Sue using the power of friendship? If that's the alternative to Goku always winning, then I don't give a shit how many fights he effortlessly wins
>>
I don't understand

>Black does asspulls

OMG BLACK-SAMA UR DA BESS I WANNA RAISE YOUR CHILDREN!!!

>Trunks does asspulls

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! HOW IS TRUNKS SO STRONG?!?! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!
>>
>>149770755
>By your terms doesn't that make the entire Saiyan arc the Raditz show?
You're really fucking bad at this just because you can't admit you're wrong. And you still haven't explained how an entire arc is about a character who's only relevant in the last battle.
>>
Sigh. It's all fine, I just wish they wouldn't have nerfed Vegetto so MUCH in order to give Trunks his moment to shine.

As other anons said, it could have just been explained by someone saying that Zama2 was weak after battling.
And holy shit stopping the fusion in the same chapter was horrible. At least wait until the next one.
And have Trunks noticing how they are weaker than before so he can help instead of muh future nameless kid gave me my broken sword so I'll do fight
>>
>>149778064
Black has the soul of a god, so it's easier to believe his asspulls might have some logical explanation (i.e. gods are different), but there's no explanation for what happened to Trunks. How did his anger created godly ki? Why didn't his hair go blue if SSB is simply SSJ + godly ki? How did he create a genki dama without even trying? How did this genki dama gathered energy from people who weren't even raising their hands? How a dying planet and two weakened saiyans were enough to make Trunks as strong as Vegito?
>>
>>149778064
Black was a villain. The villains get more leeway with their bullshit than the hero. The hero's journey is supposed to be one you can track.

A lot of people thought it was bullshit when he started pulling out clones and shit, though.
>>
>>149778196
>Trunks as strong as Vegito

He isn't. I get that the choreography was shit and didn't really show it, but even dialog confirms that Vegetto did the bulk of the work. He left scraps for Trunks to kill.
>>
>>149778146
Gowasu said Zamasu was falling apart from all the damage he was taking a la Vegetto how much more literal did you need them to be?
>>
>>149763212
Fucking stupid. You don't bring Vegito back just to pull this bullshit.

Should have given Trunks a third villain to defeat.
>>
>>149778290
Hell, Vegetto could have beaten him straight. Zamasu's body is gone, but he's still not dead. Episode spoilers confirm it. What's stopping Trunks from having this /novel idea/ of trying to cut through the angry twink god cloud with his Spirit Bomb-imbued sword?
>>
>>149778290
glad you aren't involved in any way
>>
threadly reminder that if you still shamelessly defend gary sturankusue and how he got from ssj3 levels to fused zamasu levels(which can land shots to ssb vegito, of all people) in a span of 2 days without training and shit, you're a repulsive faggot who should go back to plebbit and definitely should kys.
>>
>>149778793
And next episode Trunks is going to beat the shit out of Zeno after the guy threatens to wipe out his timeline.
>>
>>149778793
He was never at fused zamasu level though. Read the thread man, it was explained several times that zamasu was damaged as fuck (even stated by Gowasu), vegito was handing his ass to him whenever they traded fists despite it being short, not only did trunks have the energy of the whole planet including vegeta and goku condensed into a genkidama sword which is (genkidama) mentioned is effective against evil which zamasu was. You should be the one that kys for not paying attention during the episode or reading the thread.
>>
>>149763212
I just wanted it to make sense
>>
File: 1461799782071.jpg (47KB, 388x455px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461799782071.jpg
47KB, 388x455px
>>149763212
So are we all just going to ignore the fact that Trunk essentially spilt this poor bastard in half groin first? And that said splitting was nowhere near as quick as what Frieza got?
>>
It's just awkward that the life energy from several planets couldn't even finish off Frieza.
But the energy from an almost dead Earth, a few handful of human survivors and 2 battered saiyans?
Yeah, that'll be enough to kill a god.
>>
>>149779136
I usually like watching fun and comfy shit, but damn that was sweet to watch.
>>
>>149779172
Perhaps it's like Ichigo's Bankai. Instead of making a huge mass of power, all that power is instead condensed and compacted into a small sword so the slashes and such are devastating.
>>
>>149779172
Those planets were pretty desolate, all the nameks were kill also we don't know that the humans shown were all the humans left in the entire planet. Also remember zamasu's body was already weakened and falling apart (even Gowasu stated such). Also remember that Goku and Vegeta basically have god ki and a a fuckton times stronger than Frieza was when he got hit by the spirit bomb.
>>
File: 1462478936455.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462478936455.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
>>149779254
LOOK AT HIM SCREAM ANON. LOOK AT HIM. That is the face of pure agony anon. Trunks couldn't even muster the dignity to do it quick, instead he let the power of children and a handful of adults slowly split a guy in two pelvis first. Even Piccolo an Vegeta weren't that cruel, not even when they were villains
>>
>>149779312
also what >>149779284 mentioned. It could be something to do with wall that power being condensed to the size of a sword instead of a ball that is fuck huge.
>>
>>149779347
I was thinking that it was pretty fucking brutal and as I watched I thought that if shown on t.v. in america it'd probably get censored unless it was on adult swim or something like that.
>>
>>149763212
>Trunks was the one who killed Frieza
Get out of here Trunksfag.
>>
File: 1379039430201.jpg (145KB, 504x403px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379039430201.jpg
145KB, 504x403px
>>149763212
>Gohanfags can get fucked
We always do.
>>
File: 1478748391521.png (724KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1478748391521.png
724KB, 1280x720px
>>149779347
>Kaioshins probably have no genitals
>Zamasu fused with a mortal and probably gained a dick for the first time in his life
>gets killed with a sword slash dick first
>>
Been meaning to get into Super. What's the best way to watch it? I hear some people say skip the first two arcs entirely, and just watch the movies?
>>
>>149763212
This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWEEEEEER!

Its burning grip TELLS me to defeat you!

TAKE THIS!

MY LOVE,
MY ANGER,
AND ALL OF MY SORROW!

SHINING FINGER SWOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!

GO!
GO!
GO!
>>
>>149779591
The first 26 episodes or so are remakes of the two new movies with worse animation.
>>
>>149779701
So just watch BotG and RoF, then start with 27 onward?
>>
>>149774272
>Why does Vegeta not ride that high horse?

Because Vegeta was forced to get into a beam-struggle with a low-class Saiyan who actually beat him and FORCED him to use his Great Ape form.

It didn't matter if Vegeta went on to stomp Goku's shit, from the beam-stuggle onward Vegeta considered the battle a wash; the real salt came afterwards when the humans, starting with Yajirobe, took his Great Ape form away, crushed his pride by secondly hitting him with Kakkorot's shitty ki bomb, tossed by Krillen, then deflected by Kakkorot's half-breed son, who would not only go on to fight evenly with him, after Vegeta went on a crazy Spirit Bomb ride practically into the stratosphere, but Vegeta would be crushed and beaten under the weight of a demi-saiyan's Great Ape ass. The worst part of all this humiliation is that KAKKOROT spared his life, which was about to be taken by Krillen, with the very sword that sliced off his tail and took away his Great Ape form.

Vegeta considers this not only a loss, but is completely salty, since all this shit started the moment Goku beat him in that beam struggle.

While in hindsight, Vegeta could have easily finished Goku off, since he had nothing left, but that he was pissed enough to be goaded into using his Great Ape form was ultimately his own undoing, because the bottom line is Vegeta wanted to KILL Goku not beat him in a fight and this was a life and death battle that ended up with him crawling away like a little bitch being spared.
>>
>>149779535

Couldn't happen to a better twink. Zamasu hated mortals so much he ended up becoming one and dying the most horrible death a male mortal can get.

I guess he now knows how that Barbarian alien felt when he sliced him down the middle.
Thread posts: 259
Thread images: 21


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.