[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, did you guys like the Porter Robinson Shelter video? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4246.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4246.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
So, did you guys like the Porter Robinson Shelter video?

I thought it was nice, but the storyline is kinda fucked. The dad basically makes a matrix for his daughter and shoots her out into space because why the fuck not? I guess she's just gonna die plugged into a computer.

Maybe I'm just too dense to get the bigger picture, but at least the music is nice.
>>
File: kinos extisential crisis.jpg (268KB, 600x3714px) Image search: [Google]
kinos extisential crisis.jpg
268KB, 600x3714px
>>149745904
>World is ending
>Rich as all fuck father wants to save his daughter
>Gets her a spaceship with a virtual reality she is plugged into so she doesn't have to be sad

Think of it as the kino episode in the land of books
pic related. Same type of shit just with space
>>
>>149745904
>because why the fuck not?
Did you miss the part where the Earth is about to get fucked by a small planet crashing into it?
Anyway I feel like I've seen this story before but I can't really remember where.
>>
>>149745904
good music + good animation in a small package
this 6 min short is better than most full anime these times
>>
>>149745994

I get that, but for heaven's sake program in a dog or at least some goldfish as a companion
>>
>>149746080
Why, when she's perpetually dreaming?
>>
>>149746080
That's a stupid thing to say.
>>
Stop shilling
>>
>>149746147
Why would anyone need to shill for a girl this cute?
>>
After rewatching the video, I've now realized that it hits me on a level of fear, a fear of the unknown, a fear of loneliness.

But, at the same time, pushing away from the cuteness of the girl and the art style, it also indicates that she won't be stuck in a dream forever, a feeling of hope. One of my worst fears would be incapacitated in a coma or stuck into a "brain in a vat" scenario where I'm not me, or everything I've experienced is a fraud.
>>
>>149745962
Is this kino or just another flick
>>
>>149745904
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>149747722
Kino is kino
>>
https://twitter.com/porterrobinson/status/663278357140779008
>>
File: 1478500320718.jpg (398KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478500320718.jpg
398KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>149745904
It's a fucking music video.
>>
literally who?
>>
I actually heard this playing in a clothing store when I was out last week with my family shopping, really caught me by surprise. I guess it's just a music video after all.
>>
>>149751073
I heard it in a cafe last Friday too. I hung around to listen until the end.
>>
Some fag on youtube said the same thing i thought about this. It's a fucking music video with a little story. Shit ain't saving anime nor is it the as bad as MAL or some other autistic shit stains say.
>>
>>149745904
It was nice, but I would rather not over-analyse things.
>>
I liked it. The writing was nothing special but it was a neat music video.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.