[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that's its 2016 and the manchilds have grown up a bit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: MANG5142.jpg (721KB, 1621x2268px) Image search: [Google]
MANG5142.jpg
721KB, 1621x2268px
Now that's its 2016 and the manchilds have grown up a bit, we can finally agree Brotherhood was the definite FMA anime right?
>>
>>149707887
Yes, only contrarian hipsters think that FMA>FMA:B.
>>
>>149707887
FMA:B is basically the best Battle Shounen out there.
>>
>>149707887
No, it's not even the best FMA anime.
>>
>>149707887
The beginning of FMA:B was rushed, which is sad because it's supposed to be the best part.

I don't remember enough of the first FMA to compare the 2, but I remember that the original ideas and characters were mostly retarded.
>>
Man, FMA has some of the best design in anime.

No idea why on it fails so badly. You don't even see image dumps for this show at all. Is sad.
>>
>>149708541
>You don't even see image dumps
Because there are no waifu bait characters
>>
>>149707976
This.
>>149708112
>basically
It the only battle shounen that is a worthwhile watch. The rest are just a frame of reference for how much worse it could have been.
>>
>>149708251
>The beginning of FMA:B was rushed
IT would've been the exact same thing as the beginning of FMA. What's the point of animating the same thing twice?
>>
>>149708541
>No idea why on it fails so badly

It's literally one of Bones best selling shows
>>
Pure shit.

The original felt better and conclusive
>>
>>149710144
this
>>
>>149710144
I'd agree the originals ending was more interesting and less cliche, but overall Brotherhood still wins out in every other way
>>
FMA is good, but Brotherhood is much higher.
>>
File: Archer48_6.gif (37KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Archer48_6.gif
37KB, 400x299px
>>149710237

More interesting and less cliche isnt always a good thing. The latter part of the 03 series was just a giant clusterfuck of random shit. So much was pulled straight out of nowhere and clashed with the general setting of the show it was just fucking retarded. It starts off as basically an alternate universe early 1900's show with magic and then BAM hitler and half mech people for no goddamn reason.
>>
File: Gallery_49158_1458_38168.jpg (49KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
Gallery_49158_1458_38168.jpg
49KB, 480x350px
>>149710381
I mean seriously who thought this shit was a good idea?
>>
>>149710433
>automail-based cyborg not made by Rockwells
>not looking ugly as sin

It made sense desu.
>>
>>149708866
To have a good series. Now the beginning is rushed.
>>
>>149710692
Hughes dies in chapter 16 of 100
FMAB isn't rushed in the slightest
>>
File: 1372535473091.png (3MB, 1280x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1372535473091.png
3MB, 1280x2400px
>>149707887
You'd think that the people who hyped Brotherhood would get over it with age, as the idea of a teenager punching out a god, as his friends cheerlead in the background, holds less and less appeal. FMA 2003 was a coming of age story about the beauty inherent in what the protagonist gradually came to realize was an imperfect world; it holds up far better as you get older, even if you can't necessarily insert into Ed anymore.

Brotherhood was a solid action anime. That's about, and it benefits from the fact that it was baby's first anime, after the same group graduated from 500+ episode battle shonens, like Naruto, with comparatively horrendous pacing.
>>
The only better thing in FMA:B that comes to my mind are the Mustang's fights.
>>
>>149710381
>>149710433

That design is terrible but automail was already established, that is just taking it to the logical end.
>>
>>149707887
I liked Lust and Rose more in the original anime. Other than that, FMA:B is better in my opinion.
>>
>>149710381
>>149710433
He's just Ed with bigger metal parts.
>>
>>149710838

I like this post.

I also like both FMAs. I'll watch either one given the mood.
>>
>>149707887
FMA:B not generic schoenen with shit ending.
Kekkers
>>149710381
>>149710433
Every time this guy showed up, i instinctively hummed this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XblVVbqIHU
>>
File: fuhrer.jpg (98KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
fuhrer.jpg
98KB, 680x687px
FMA 03 had better homunculi. Plus, pic related is why the original is better.
>>
>>149710838
>FMA 2003 was a coming of age story

bullshit. it was a needlessly over-dramatized series becasue it was trying hard to be a naruto copy.

and that's the problem, the series has a military setting and cynicism is a core element in the story. not making meme tear jerker scenes with girls turned into dogs.

it completely ruins the mood for everyone not eternally 15 years old.
>>
AYO LIL' ONE IN DA FLASK WE WUZ GODS
>>
>>149711306
>FMA 03 had better homunculi
That's a load of shit parroted out by people that waifu Lust.

'I want to be human!' is the most unoriginal motivation for artificial humans in any setting. They took what were essentially medieval demons full of spite and malice and turned them into shitty 2deep4u Roy Batty clones.

They were all stronger characters in the manga. Particularly King 'tank buster' Bradley
>>
File: Wrath_Artwork.jpg (27KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath_Artwork.jpg
27KB, 480x350px
>>149710838
Serious question, not trying to fight.

Show of hands for how many people actually liked the way FMA 2003 ended. Who here watched it fairly recently and can say it wasn't a pile of dog shit? I feel this is the greatest point of disconnect between people who like the original anime and people who don't, seeing as it deviates completely from the final product and largely failed to amount to anything of worth. You often hear people complain that Brotherhood rushed the start. I'll go out and say that 2003 dragged out a shitty end. Nothing about it was satisfying as it simply threw any semblance of pacing out the window and tried to work with misunderstood story elements for far too long (Greed onward). I will always hold that against the original, and it keeps me from recommending it to most.

You call it a "coming-of-age" story, but I feel this is just an excuse to try and bump the value of the original run a bit. Shonen characters. like any other, experience growth, and the protagonists often go through a certain amount of stumbling before finally accomplishing some series of goals on a path towards maturity. This isn't unique to the series, and even if it does it in a fairly acceptable manner, I still feel like this is just a point that FMA fans and Shonen fags as a whole use to convince themselves that these types of stories are a lot more sophisticated than they really are. Mind you, this franchise is certainly a step above, but I dare say that these extreme differences in character you speak of are largely just personal conclusions you've drawn after having first impressions set and multiple experiences following, and not so much a fault of Brotherhood itself.

With that said, I stand my my opinion that the way certain characters and plot points were used was inappropriate at best. I enjoyed both runs for what they are, but I will continue to recommend Brotherhood over 2003.

Also, 2003 Wrath is fucking dumb.
>>
its an overrated series which is ok at best

hawkeye a best
>>
>>149712575
>You call it a "coming-of-age" story

but it was not a coming of age story. that was naruto. the original FMA anime was memeing the popular anime in a bad way
the manga of GMA is the least coming of age shounen manga i know.
>>
>>149707887
It was great yeah
>>
>>149708251
I liked the idea of homunculi being failed human transmutations. Other than that yeah, pretty retarded.
>>
>>149707887
>Brotherhood was the definite FMA
They both were
>>
>>149707887
Did anyone ever think any different? It's obvious the manga had better plot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.