[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm rewatching Utena and can someone explain the semantics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

I'm rewatching Utena and can someone explain the semantics of the Black Rose Arc? I understand that only Akio/Anthy and Mikage remember it, but I'm confused on whether Mikage was "erased" by Akio or did nothing really happen and Mikage was just deluding himself, lead on by Anthy and Akio? If the latter, then why is Shiori back in the Apocalypse arc and how does Utena know about Kanae and Akio?
Or am I taking it too literally and Mikage's graduation or freedom from the memories of Mamiya is purely metaphorical?
>>
I don't think it's a good idea to take anything in Utena literally.
>>
File: laying eggs.jpg (115KB, 1137x855px) Image search: [Google]
laying eggs.jpg
115KB, 1137x855px
>>149657640
>what the fuck do you mean
>>
Have the idea that Mikage's appearance was who he imagined himself to be, in reality being much older. His interviews with the other characters happened except the last one.
>>
>>149657750
But how does Saionji cooking eggs in the middle of the night tie into all of this?
>>
The talk about graduating was just him coming to terms that he spent decades not growing up mentally and living in the past after being c*cked
>>
>>149657324

You could say that the black rose arc never happened but then there's no plot thread to get Saiyonji back in school.
>>
>>149657324
The Black Rose arc happened but nobody remembers the parts directly involving Mikage. well except Akio and Anthy of course.
>>
File: 20141030_2.jpg (909KB, 2120x1590px) Image search: [Google]
20141030_2.jpg
909KB, 2120x1590px
The Black Rose arc was a mistake.
>>
>>149657324
Mikage regains repressed memories during the duel, he gets tired of this shit and does same thing Utena did at the end; he leaves the Academy and is therefore erased from everyone's (other than Akio's and Anthy's) memory.
>If the latter, then why is Shiori back in the Apocalypse arc and how does Utena know about Kanae and Akio?
Shiori never left and Kanae (it's Akio's fiancee, isn't it) is part of Akio's world, his spectacle. Utena and Mikage leave it all behind them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.