[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2006 was the GOAT for anime openings, and anime in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ssru5btw4dlx.jpg (816KB, 1090x2280px) Image search: [Google]
ssru5btw4dlx.jpg
816KB, 1090x2280px
2006 was the GOAT for anime openings, and anime in general.

Welcome to the Nhk
Looking up at the half moon
Higurashi
School Rumble
Zegapain
Kanon
the original FSN opening was great

So many good shows, and the next 2 or 3 years were great, too. What the fuck happened? Have I grown older and grown out of anime? Looking back at the shows of that year fills me with joy, but now, nothing interests me much at all.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>10 years ago
>>
This was the year right after I started watching anime. I was 15 years old and miserable in high school, yet everytime I look back and think about the shows of this time, I feel as if those were the best years of my life. I wish I could go back.
>>
>2005
>2006
>2007
>2008
All were great

It all went downhill sometime around 09, tbqhwyfam
>>
>>149644102
Seems to be a lot of good anime here, at least from what I've heard, only seen a few of them. But 2007 is also considered a really good year for anime.

>>149644464
Isn't 2011 also considered great?
- Stein's Gate
- Madoka
- Chihayafuru
- Hyouge Mono (haven't seen this one)
>>
>>149645397
2011 had some good ones, but 2005-2009 had consistently large amounts of quality shows.

I think K-On! Fucked that up. But also what happened was that the anime bubble burst
>>
2006 kinda sucked. '00s in general kinda sucked, outside of 2001, 2007 and select few anime from other years.
>>
>>149645694
>2001
the year that Digimon is an unironic contender for aoty (tv)?

I also hear 2003 is a pretty good year.
>Wolf's rain
-texhnolyze
-scrapped princess
-kaleido star
-last exile
-kino no tabi
>fumoffu
-fullmetal alchemist
-planetes
-cromartie
(gungrave? gunslinger girl? heard about them but haven't heard any statements about their quality)

to me it looks like the 00s are much better than the 10s, at least if you don't want to watch thousands of anime. maybe the seasonal filler is better nowadays, but I'd rather watch 10 masterpieces than 100 averages
>>
>>149646046
I didn't watch Digimon, nor do I care to, but I still think 2001 is the best year of the 2000s. I only really like Tokyo Godfathers from 2003.
'10s are okay. Maybe a little worse, but they're not finished and there are a handful of great things which easily compare to, if not surpass, the best of the '00s.
>>
>>149646245
2001 has so few anime I've heard about. Maybe it has some good stuff, but almost everything is forgotten, so I just assume it was a very lackluster and forgettable year. Almost every other year has some anime that made an impact in history, that are still talked about and recommended.
While the most notable anime of 2001 was Fruits Basket, itself an anime that's pretty forgotten, and other than that, there's Digimon Tamers, Angelic Layer, Shaman King, Noir...?
Maybe the anime are good, but I rely more on reading other people's opinions than actually watching the anime to form my opinions, and 2001 is just a big hole to me, where almost nothing stands out
>>
>>149646503
Spirited Away nigga
and Millennium Actress
and Metropolis
and Adult Empire and Princess Arete and Alien 9 and Kuromi-chan and Cat Soup and probably a bunch of other shit too
>>
>>149644102
Not a single good show on your list.
>>
>>149647333
I think they was talking about openings
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.