[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: jojos-bizarre-adventure.png (793KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
jojos-bizarre-adventure.png
793KB, 800x451px
I want to start watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Which series should I watch first, (2000, 2012, any other I may not be listing) and should I watch sub or dub?
>>
2012, and sub
>>
>>149617404
The Phantom Blood movie is a nice start.

Also, watch it dubbed.
>>
>>149617597
>movie
But nobody can watch that. It was so bad they erased it from history and never rereleased it.
>>
The 1998 and 2000 OVAs are an adaptation of a late arc in the series so don't watch them until you finished said arc and are curious about them. If you want to get into Jojo you can either:
Start from the 2012 anime, first episode
or
Read the manga, part 1 chapter 1.

A piece of warning: at a certain point of the series (the third part in the manga, second series in the anime) the author changes the supernatural powers used by both the main characters and the antagonists and the general series' structure becomes "monster of the week". If you don't like the new powers stop reading / watching because you will never see the first powers again (and we already have enough people whining about it) and the new powers are Jojo Bizarre Adventure's signature elements.
>>
>>149617404
Phantom Blood
Battle Tendency
Stardust Crusaders
Diamond is Unbreakable

The 2000 OVA adapts part of Stardust Crusaders. Read the manga once you're done.
>>
>>149617404
2000 is an OVA of the third part (and only half of it).
2012 is the anime that follows the manga, starting from part 1
Season 1 (2 cours) is parts 1 & 2, then SDC is seasons 2 & 3 (4 cours) and is part 3
Now we're on DiU, which is part 4 (3 cours)
Watch it subbed
Alternatively/in addition, read the manga, which goes all the way up to the currently running part 8
Also /jojo/ threads are for people who are caught up with the manga, so beware of spoilers there if you've only watched the anime
>>
Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai, ( 2016 ) really good, is new one, and you dont need to know much about the plot
>>
>>149618330
don't skip parts, and yes you do. there is a major character from a previous part, and one or two others
>>
>>149617404
Is that a JoJo reference?
>>
>>149617404
Jonathan, Kakyoin, Abdul and Iggy die
>>
>>149617645
That's just a meme. It was just a production issue.
>>
>>149618547
you are the reason why people hate the jojo fanbase
>someone interested in getting into the series
>BETTER SPOIL THEM
if you really want to spoil someone, you find super obnoxious animeonlies who refuse to read
or you just don't spoil people like a fag
>>
File: 1475644992166.png (305KB, 429x396px) Image search: [Google]
1475644992166.png
305KB, 429x396px
>>149617404
>>
>>149619008
Not even a JoJo fan, just enjoy spoiling you retard /v/ crossboarders.
>>
>>149618983
A production issue that was lost to time and hasn't been seen since?
>>
>>149619008
He's only spoiling things from parts 1 and 3, which are commonly viewed as the weakest parts anyways.

Besides, part one is the late Victoria era and part 3 is the 1980s. It's be strange for someone to live that long and be relevant to the plot.
>>
>>149619078
>implying
i'm caught up
go spoil people on /v/ then, not someone who hasn't done anything stupid
>>
>>149619559
Are you actually this fucking autistic or are you just pretending?
>>
File: darby.jpg (129KB, 1532x620px) Image search: [Google]
darby.jpg
129KB, 1532x620px
>>149617404
Read the manga arc first before watching the anime adaptation of it.

Watch subs from SomeStuff whenever possible.

Every adaptation is good, even the Stardust Crusader OVA's in some aspects though it is inferior to the recent adaptation.
I recommend watching the OVA sub first to appreciate the new one all the more. After reading it first of course.

Avoid all English dubs. The most recent SC anime is getting one soon and sounds promising though. The first 3 episodes are done.
The OVA dub is bad. Only good dubbed parts are the D'Arby and Dio fight.

There was a Phantom Blood movie that released in cinemas that was so bad it never got a DVD release. If you're really interested you can find previews on YouTube.

Enjoy JJBA
>>
>>149619702
>spoils people on an anime imageboard for fun
>calls others autistic
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.