[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is the portrayal of Japanese school life, and life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: mpv-shot0343.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0343.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
How accurate is the portrayal of Japanese school life, and life in general, in anime?
>>
>>149564224
It lacks the essential elements, like depression, absurdially high social pressure, depression, culture of Arbeit, depression and blatant rewriting of the own history.
Did I mention culture of depression? I´ve yet to see a single fucking high school SoL anime with that shit in it.
>>
>>149564224
why do they use email everytime

I thought they use LINE
>>
>>149564330
>culture of depression

I don't get this meme, have you seen any given Twitter on the English side of the web
>>
>>149564330
>it's a self-hating reddit weaboo acts like an expert on japan episode

kill yourself my dude
>>
>>149564330
It's pretty bad but it's not quite as bad as I think you think it is. High social pressure in some regards but not so much in others. Today's Japanese youth are kind of just giving up en masse and learning to have fun, slowly.
>>
>>149564360
Because they are in school 24/7. Studying is their life. They depict cram school all the time, but they are always portrayed as a regular student. How would you like it if you were forced to go to school after school and study all the time under strict parental guidance? That's japan for you!
>>
>>149564389
>Today's Japanese youth are kind of just giving up en masse and learning to have fun, slowly.
I don't really think so. Japan seems to be in the same sort of place it has been for centuries. Japan hasn't really changed other than the introduction of American holidays and sports since the Meiji period.
>>
>>149564330
Oh fuck off, you're the kind of retard that reads Vice articles on Japan and actually believes the population will be completely extinct in 30 years
>>
>>149564330
Whilst there's no "culture of depression" high-school indeed is a complex time for Japanese youth due to all the societal pressures and future expectations (fail your final exams, and you lose any chance of getting any good Uni, meaning becoming one more salaryman).

However, it still isn't that bad as you make it sound.

As for why the hardest part of HS aren't portrayed in SoL anime, that's because anime SoL is a romanisation of what real Japanese life is like. They don't care about realism, but about making things nicer than they actually are.

You'll find several anime that portray all the negative things from HS, just not the SoL iyashii-kei ones.
>>
A better question would be:
Is there moe in japanese schools?
>>
>>149564567
Moe doesn't exist In the three-dimensional form.
>>
>>149564224
I sexually identify as a japanese schoolgirl and I can confirm that it's exactly the same.
>>
File: dsc-1204-1.jpg (1MB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dsc-1204-1.jpg
1MB, 2304x1536px
>>149564224
>>
>>149564330
I had a part time in high school, but i can't imagine how difficult it would be doing that in Japan.
>>
I live in Kumamoto, anime seems really quite accurate, like there was a festival at my university over the weekend and it was just like the school festivals in anime.

Although Tokyo is totally different and doesn't even fell like Japan when you live outside of it.
>>
High school being a dream-like ideal or whatever is one possibility, but I think there are more practical reasons for its prevalence as a setting. Writers can force interactions between characters with all sorts of personalities who wouldn't normally interact, all wearing the same uniform, doing a huge range of possible activities at anything from an entry level to a high level, at an age where they can make both mature and immature decisions and where their minds are malleable and subject to character development. It's really just an extremely convenient setting.
>>
>>149567787
this.

also the ourguy we rent from /mlp/ just did a video on it if you give a shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85G2naWJ46U
>>
>>149569610
>e-celeb bullshit
Fuck off.

I mean, >>149567747 is probably right on many point but I watched only 2min of that shitty video and he already got everything wrong.
>>
>>149564405
They get some pressure but those are mostly normal kind and no where near rest of Asia
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.