[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Madoka gets so much credit for "deconstructing"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 812172-alien-nine-online.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
812172-alien-nine-online.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
How come Madoka gets so much credit for "deconstructing" the magical girl genre when pic related did it earlier and better?
>>
>>149524557
Because most Madoka fans were probably barely sentient when it came out
>>
>deconstruction
>>>/reddit/
>>>/MAL/
>>
>>149524557
>better
Contrarian
>>
>>149524686
Boy, it's almost like I expended the necessary effort to put quotes around that word for a reason. Language is crazy, huh?
>>
Because Madoka is baby's first anime
>>
>>149524975
Projecting much?
>>
>>149525050
Not, it really is
>>
>>149524557
Hitoshi Tomizawa is a fucking gem. There was a short period on /a/ where we had a surprising amount of Alien Nine threads and it was fantastic.
>>
>>149524557
the only thing Alien Nine deconstructed is my ears
>>
>>149525102
I wouldn't say it's that bad. Things like Naruto or OPM are babby's first anime. Madoka is baby's first /anime/ like the first thing they watch when they're trying to get deeper. Kind of like with comics how so many people go from capes to Hellboy and then to more indie things.
>>
>>149524557
After ten years, anime fans either move on or achieve neetdom, leaving a small fraction to shitpost on /a/ about older shows.
>>
File: 1465494817792.png (319KB, 1068x641px) Image search: [Google]
1465494817792.png
319KB, 1068x641px
All that rape symbolism. Delicious
>>
>>149524557
Because it always looked like shit
>>
>>149524557
Memes aside, is it worth watching?
>>
>>149525735
What memes, but yeah. Inconclusive, but well directed.
>>
If oldfags can convince /a/ to watch shows like Alien Nine, Narutaru, Key: The Metal Idol, Princess Tutu or Haibane Renmei... then I can be a little bit pleased. There are decades worth of forgotten gems to watch.
>>
>>149524557
That's not magical girl god damn it.
>>
>>149526035
Until this thread I never considered, but when you think about it it has a lot of parallels with a magical girl series.
>>
>>149525735
You're better off watching Princess Tutu.
>>
the bit in the last (?) episode where she's hallucinating the field of flowers on the stairs stuck real hard with me, incredible stuff

worth going back to the manga after watching though, the anime ends incredibly abruptly like not even halfway through
>>
>>149524557
But Alien Nine wasn't a magical girl show, it was a coming of age puberty metaphor show.

weird shit happening to their bodies they can't control, strange new feelings, noticing everyone else going through dramatic physical and mental changes but feeling left behind yourself; etc. etc.

if your point was that A9 is underrated and deserves more love then that I wholeheartedly agree with.
>>
>>149524557
>earlier
Sure
>better
Now you're just being contrarian.

It's the same thing with Gunbuster and Evangelion.
>>
>>149525976
>Princess Tutu
>Haibane fucking Renmei
>forgotten
Lurk more. Also, the Narutaru manga is one of Kitoh's weaker showings and the anime is trash.
>>
I wouldn't call it a mahou shoujo or a deconstruction or even similar to Madoka, but it sure as heck is good.
>>
>>149526590
How are they related? That aside, I preferred this one easily.
>>
>>149524727
>>149527331
It's not contrarian to dislike Madoka anymore.
>>
>>149524557
Because Alien Nine is not a magical girl series maybe.
>>
>>149527644
Why? Madoka is genuinely one of the best modern Anime.
>>
>>149525976
>Narutaru
Oh shit I forgot about that

The opening is so great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjgQY8jhyBc
>>
>>149527688
I disagree, and it's fallen out of critical favour in general. Popular, sure, and lauded at release, but in my experience it's no longer well-regarded.
>>
>>149527769
That's not entirely true, what hapoened is since no one would shut the fuck up about it, it became entry level and having it in your favories makes you no longer cool and shit
>>
>>149524557
How did the director of this amazing anime make trash like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
>>
>>149527769
The problem lies more with the fact that the show has been discussed to death, the painfully slow process of waiting for the sequel, and that any Madoka thread posted instantly becomes a shitposting general featuring some of the worst tripfags on the board, meaning that discussion is avoided or associated with shitposting. It's more that people dislike talking about Madoka rather than disliking the series itself.
>>
>>149527903
>>149528008
That's not how I see it, but I'm sure it's the case for some people.
>>
There were a lot of great things about it the anime, but it's woefully incomplete.
The manga dealt with a lot of interesting situations but it wasn't very tidy (I mean in terms of structure).
>>
>>149528138
In all its inconclusiveness I really preferred the anime. I think it's fine (perhaps better?) to leave it open-ended.
>>
>>149527644
>It's not contrarian to dislike Madoka
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>149524557
Because Madoka was good, and this was pretentious shit.
>>
>>149528201
Maybe if you generalize it to "it's not contrarian to be contrarian."
>>
>>149528201
Nah, it's just some idiots trying to fit in with le /a/ hates anything popular memay
>>
>How come X gets so much credit for "deconstructing" the Y genre when Z did it earlier and better?
An eternal question for the ages, OP, but the answer is invariably "because it's more well-known"
>>
>>149528182
I thought it was better executed for sure, but mixed feelings about the open-endedness. On one hand I really don't like a lot of what happened after on a gut level (I guess I first read it pretty young though) and on the other hand I just don't think it works to cut it off there. Even if the manga kind of wandered and didn't always see things through, I think it covered stuff that the anime should have, ideally.
>>
>>149528363
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I'd just rather have it end prematurely and guess at things than have it go the manga route where I really disliked everything post-anime. Ideally though, I completely agree.
>>
>>149528440
Sadly it will never happen.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.