[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm drunk and bored, so let's play a game /a/. Here's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: TTGL.png (1MB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
TTGL.png
1MB, 1024x744px
I'm drunk and bored, so let's play a game /a/.

Here's the rules: Think of your favorite anime or manga. It can be new, old, and consist if you want of a very specific period of a show (like the first season of an anime, ignoring later stuff, or a specific period in a manga). Now, within that same genre think up the absolute inverse of it. Not something shitty necessarily, but something that approaches the same kind of material from a totally different angle, or has a totally opposite theme or message to convey. Let's see if anyone else can mirror your exact thought processes and guess at your favorite.

OP image isn't my personal favorite but is meant to be low hanging fruit to get us going. 'll post my actual clue for my favorite later on if this thread gets any momentum to it.
>>
I can't tell if I chose a bad time to start a thread, shouldn't have used TTGL, or just nobody gives a shit. Probably all of the above
>>
File: 230px-Otaku-no-Video-DVDcover.jpg (29KB, 230x342px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Otaku-no-Video-DVDcover.jpg
29KB, 230x342px
>>149501953
Fear not, OP, I've got you for at least a post.
>>
>>149501953
this is a good idea for a thread, it's just /a/ would rather shitpost.
>>
>>149501219
Low hanging fruit indeed. The NGE - TTGL comparison is probably understood by 90% of this board. The complete deconstruction of mecha vs its unadulterated reconstruction, both great in their own ways.

>>149501953
Don't worry OP, this is kind of big boy hours on a sunday, so traffic is kinda low.

Also pic related boys.
>>
>>149502116
Well, you can join in. Post your clue?

>>149502168
>Low hanging fruit indeed. The NGE - TTGL comparison is probably understood by 90% of this board.
That's kind of why I went with it, to try and illustrate my point. Also, best guess....holy shit I have nothing. I don't really read a lot of fantasy inspired manga.

>>149502062
Watamote?
>>
I've liked One Punch Man a lot because it's funny, I like Dubgeon Menshi a lot for its adventure and I enjoyed Tenkuu Shinpan for its thrills.

Any other decent mangas that have a plot, a character and some zort of excitement?
>>
>>149502267
Yeah, I wasn't bashing your choice, good starter.

From what I heard about it, Goblin Slayer would be a good fit. Just as gritty and violent, but instead of being played straight, it's kinda satiric. Haven't read it yet, so I might be off though.
>>
File: Solanin.jpg (29KB, 230x339px) Image search: [Google]
Solanin.jpg
29KB, 230x339px
>>149501219
>>149501219
Holy shit, I never did actually specify 'then post an image of the inverse' though I think it was implied in there.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too drunk to really be posting. Also here's my actual clue to my favorite. I'll say the genre specifically is slice of life rather than anything to do with the music angle.
>>
>>149502408
>Goblin Slayer
Googling that results in some pretty intriguing stuff. I feel like listening to Nekrogoblikon while reading it
>>
File: blue crotch.jpg (513KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blue crotch.jpg
513KB, 2000x1500px
>>149502813
I've been peeking at the threads, trying not to spoil myself too much. Good art, the main character is pretty hilarious from what I've seen, and doesn't take itself too seriously, all reasons I'll probably start it soon. Also, Nekrogoblikon is probably the most appropriate background track for this read.
>>
>>149502914
The comedy is what's selling it to me. I've been reading mostly kind of serious stuff lately, maybe this will be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>149502402
>One Punch Man
My Hero Academia?
>>
Night, people. One bump as I crash. Maybe this thread won't be dead tomorrow morning
>>
>>149501219
I like this idea, but it's kinda hard to think of anything.
>>
>>149503894
Yeah, I know. Maybe there's some way to phrase the rules to help people narrow thoughts down. Going from your favorite anime to the exact opposite within a genre is pretty rough, as things go.
>>
File: 49237l.jpg (85KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
49237l.jpg
85KB, 315x450px
I'd say this one is more of a case of "same type of message from a totally different angle".

I can't think of anything with what I would consider the opposite theme.
>>
>>149504535
never seen this, but literally guessing on a whim Honey and Clover?
>>
File: Nobunaga_the_Fool.jpg (249KB, 909x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nobunaga_the_Fool.jpg
249KB, 909x1280px
This was maybe the closest thing I could think of for being opposite my favorite, but I could barely think of anything even remotely relatable to it so this is probably a bad clue.
>>
File: Beck_Mongolian_Chop_Squad.jpg (108KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Beck_Mongolian_Chop_Squad.jpg
108KB, 800x640px
Should be easy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.