[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is filler bad? Is it the whole "foregone conclusion"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: SakuraCry6.jpg (32KB, 697x523px) Image search: [Google]
SakuraCry6.jpg
32KB, 697x523px
Why is filler bad?

Is it the whole "foregone conclusion" thing?
>>
Because it's usually pointless drivel.

If it's an anime you watch for the story rather than a slice of life, then having the anime suddenly take a turn to be a fucking sitcom where the end of every episode ultimately ends up with no important character developments and everything is returned to status quo for the next episode where yet again fucking NOTHING happens
>>
>>149429920
Seal of Orichalcos arc of Yu-gi-oh still a shining example of a filler done right.
>>
>>149430199
That's a fun card.
>>
>>149430199
Or the Asgard arc in Saint Seiya.
>>
File: IMG_0904.jpg (40KB, 604x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0904.jpg
40KB, 604x307px
>>149429920
Because it prevents us from seeing more Garou
>>
File: IMG_5310.jpg (78KB, 282x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5310.jpg
78KB, 282x500px
>>149429920
Filler isn't always bad. Try watching Inuyasha. The filler and ending themes makes the series
>>
>>149429920
It's literally animated fanfiction. Why would I want to see the studio's fanfiction?
>>149430199
Kill yourself, Doma was hot shit.
>>
>>149429920
>naruto
Retard.
>>
File: AfterGraduation.jpg (1MB, 4069x2858px) Image search: [Google]
AfterGraduation.jpg
1MB, 4069x2858px
>>149431173
Because it made the show worth watching...
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
You just have to look for the right ones.
>>
File: DarkYugiManga.jpg (22KB, 180x273px) Image search: [Google]
DarkYugiManga.jpg
22KB, 180x273px
>>149430199
Fuck no, all things considered I have a good memory of it because of nostalgia but it was stupid and way worse than the original arc.
>>
>>149429920
Come on Op, filler can be interesting sometimes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-BjDE5yJi4
>>
Because it's written with the sole purpose to waste time.

When you're just trying to fill time, creativity tends to be left out.
>>
>>149431065
It doesn't really matter since we're talking about SS but Shiryu against the wolves was fucking stupid.
>>
>>149430082
This. Coupled with:
If by filler episodes you mean episodes dedicated to character developments in short series then there is nothing wrong with filler episodes. I don't watch long trash series like OP's pic so I didn't really know what it meant. Obviously the filler OP is talking about is shit. Should be obvious too. It's all just milking money from viewership. It's disgusting, disingenuous, and disrespectful. The fact that some adults can stand it is laughable. It reminds me of western media and why I don't watch 3DPD.
>>
I feel like anime original stuff goes out of its way to be as bad as possible to make the source material look better. That or fucking retarded monkeys write it.
>>
>>149431272
K-ON's filler was different than the filler in typical shounen action anime. Yamada had a vision for the anime that was more ambitious than the mangaka's shitty 4koma gag comedy, she wanted to make a heartwarming SoL which connected deeply with the viewers.
>>
Because of episodes like this.
>>
>>149431898
That episode was better than the entire rest of the show.
>>
Filler is not inherently bad, typically it exists to expand the world further, which is good if the world is interesting. In the case of Naruto the fillers just weren't written well enough. The character interaction also got really stale. Take for example a good story like hxh though, some of the stuff in hxh could be seen as filler, but because the world is so interesting and its actually fun to watch the characters learn and interact with the new things they discover that you don't even mind if what is currently happening isn't relevant to the main plot.
>>
>>149429920
Because the writers don't get to use the Mangaka's material and instead have to come up with something of their own.

It usually doesn't turn out as good as the original creator's work and it shows. Plus you can't develop the characters too much otherwise you risk completely deviating from the original storyline.

And once your filler material is finished you have to be ready to resume the storyline like nothing happened.

In other words if you have a timeline, then a filler arc is a loop de loop.
>>
>>149429920
for long running series adaptations, it forces flanderization on the characters, since they can never do anything contrary to established patterns nor have any development independent of the canon source.
>>
>>149431873
>which connected deeply with the viewers.
>K-ON
Just admit you wanted to see cute dumb sluts doing cute sumb sluts things and be done with it,K-ON has zero value outside of that.
>>
>>149429920
Anime filler should be made by the creator of the manga, all they would need to do is write a basic script and let the studio adapt it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.