[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows you regret finishing. Pic related. You guys weren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: Seed_destiny01.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
Seed_destiny01.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
ITT: Shows you regret finishing.

Pic related. You guys weren't kidding. The story made literally no fucking sense and the battles were 90% recycled animation. Why the fuck did I watch this shit?
>>
Second season and Movie of Gundam 00 for me.
>>
So you can say it's shit without seedbabbies going "BUTT U DJDNT EVRN FINISH IT"
>>
The only reason destiny is brought up in any discussion is so people can say "well Seed wasn't that bad in comparison".
>>
>>149386618
It's funny, I liked destiny more than seed. Well more like I hate destiny less than seed but still.
>>
>>149386867
Shinn is a whiny bitch, but compared to Kira, he's hell of a lot more justified. Not to mention, he's pretty much intended to be Kamille mk3 before Fukuda fucked it up and just wanked Jesus Yamato again.
>>
>>149387909
That's basically it. I can tolerate destiny more because of that until Our Lord and Savior Jesus Yamato happens
>>
File: Nicol was 15.jpg (567KB, 1172x968px)
Nicol was 15.jpg
567KB, 1172x968px
>>149386541
I think even the Seedbabbies can agree that Destiny was shit.
>>
File: Jesus Yamato.jpg (32KB, 310x301px)
Jesus Yamato.jpg
32KB, 310x301px
>>149388926
Destiny was already going off the rails when Durandal became a villain for the shittiest motivations with no buildup whatsoever. Episode 39 was just the final nail in the coffin. And the fujoshits still ate it up.
>>
>>149385556
I liked 00 S2. The movie on the other hand I have mixed feelings about. It's not how I would've liked the series to end, but all in all I thought it was alright.
>>
>>149386541
people in general hate destiny though, even seed fanboys fucking hate it save for a small group of people.
>>
File: 1393000215034.jpg (38KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
1393000215034.jpg
38KB, 320x220px
>>149385556
the ending of S1 was so fucking great, what went wrong...
>>
>>149389836
I have never seen a single person who watched Destiny who had anything positive to say about it.
>>
Persona Trinity

I don't know how I did it
>>
>>149384202
I watched most of episode 1 of destiny and dropped it. SEED wasn't that great either in hindsight but I enjoyed the watch. Never could rewatch SEED.
>>
>>149384202
At least it was better than Aldnoah.
>>
File: Gundam_Seed_Destiny_HD_remaster.jpg (60KB, 372x545px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Seed_Destiny_HD_remaster.jpg
60KB, 372x545px
>>149391370
I think the show gets way too much hate and most of it is just people wanting to be in on the joke.

Is destiny a burning trash fire?

yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't any good things in it.

The music in my opinion was very good, from the OPs and EDs to the OST, and this is mostly because it's what they wasted most of the budget on.
When they hire T.M.Revolution's lead singer to play Heine for a few episodes you know there's money going into this.

And the show's first few arcs were honestly not that bad, it was shaping up to become way more interesting when you're going off that.
In the first arcs we had

>One of the few Gundam MCs and mecha characters in general who is actually qualified to pilot the main mecha and didn't get inside it due to an accident
>superb world building that not only showed how the aftermath of the previous war affected the major factions, but how it also created smaller ones and affected local groups
>technological developments that make sense in-universe
>MC is a skilled pilot that fully utilized his weapons

If Destiny had been split into 2 seasons I can bet that instead of calling the whole thing shit most people would only be criticizing the later half.

It all start falling apart when the Archangel crew tries to be a shitty celestial being.
>>
>>149392081
Debatable.
>>
>>149392113
I marathoned SEED + Destiny the winter Aldnoah part 2 was airing.

As frustrating as things got, I still got far more enjoyment out of Destiny.
>>
File: Cagalli.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cagalli.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>149392089
>>One of the few Gundam MCs and mecha characters in general who is actually qualified to pilot the main mecha and didn't get inside it due to an accident
>>superb world building that not only showed how the aftermath of the previous war affected the major factions, but how it also created smaller ones and affected local groups
>>technological developments that make sense in-universe
>>MC is a skilled pilot that fully utilized his weapons

I agree with these strengths Destiny had. At least in the beginning. The problem is that in the second half, Destiny took all these strengths and threw them right out the window, completely shitting the bed.

Also why the fuck did Athrun dump Cagalli for Meyrin? Their breakup made no fucking sense.

I heard a rumor that the reason it happened and the reason Cagalli took a more subdued role in the story was because her seiyuu Naomi Shindō got in an argument with GSD director Mitsuo Fukuda's wife, GSD screenplay writer Chiaki Morosawa.

So Morosawa got butthurt and ended up fucking over Cagalli's character even though she had just gotten the Akatsuki Gundam out of spite for Shindo.

Is this true?
>>
File: Eureka Seven AO.jpg (511KB, 1500x958px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka Seven AO.jpg
511KB, 1500x958px
>>149384202
I didn't listen to you guys. I thought it couldn't be THAT bad, but I was wrong. Left such a bad fucking taste in my mouth, especially after I liked the original series so much.
>>
>>149393495
I loved Eureka Seven. After hearing from so many people that AO was such a disaster I am so fucking scared to watch it.

In a nutshell, what'd they do to ruin it so badly?
>>
File: Dewey.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Dewey.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>149393545
The best way I can summarize it is that Dewey was right. Everything that E7 spent 50 episodes trying to preach was thrown out the window.

Also more Eureka and Renton suffering, as they lose their firstborn three month old daughter and then at then and of AO they lose their son too.
>>
>>149393800
Shit that sucks.

What was Dewey's goal again? And how was he proven right?
>>
>>149393338
>Destiny took all these strengths and threw them right out the window, completely shitting the bed.
>Their breakup made no fucking sense.
>I heard a rumor that the reason it happened and the reason Cagalli took a more subdued role in the story was because her seiyuu Naomi Shindō got in an argument with GSD director Mitsuo Fukuda's wife, GSD screenplay writer Chiaki Morosawa.
>So Morosawa got butthurt and ended up fucking over Cagalli's character even though she had just gotten the Akatsuki Gundam out of spite for Shindo.
>Is this true?

yep, it's all true Destiny had the most fucked up development stories I've ever heard of in any entertainment medium.

Morisawa even made Cagalli's VA cry in the studio once.

And Mitsuo Fukuda made a comment on twitter along the lines of "I always knew they were fucking" when he heard of Shinn and Luna's VAs getting married

Also get this, there were actually MORE FULL COMBAT SCENES animated for Destiny that were replaced with re-used footage because of Fukada's stupid direction choices.
An animator mentioned this in an interview a year or two ago.

To top it off Fukuda and his wife would spend the show's budget on trips to concerts and other places while leaving the staff with half a script to work with.

Even the shit that Konami pulled with Hideo doesn't match up to what was going on during SEED's production.
I've heard of more stories in the past of the high tensions in the studio, but it'd take too long for me to remember.
>>
>>149393495
I really wanted this to go somewhere, it got convoluted halfway through, but around episode 20 you think "maybe this can be wrapped up in time, but NOPE.
They just decide to wipe all their problems away with a retcon gun and Ao probably dies anyway because he still lives in a world with trapars.
>>
>>149393862
He wanted to wipe out the Scub Coral because he believed that they were the enemy. That's why Eureka and Renton fought him, to protect the Scub Coral which turned out to be misunderstood since they couldn't communicate with humans properly and didn't want to scare them. That was the entire plot of E7, to show that humans and Coral could coexist peacefully.

But in AO they turn out to be the destructive invaders that Dewey though they were.

>>149394031
>retcon gun

It's like the writers knew how badly they fucked up, so they had to introduce a literal retcon gun.
>>
>>149394121
>It's like the writers knew how badly they fucked up, so they had to introduce a literal retcon gun.

I think this is actually the reason.

The show went through like 4 writers, so one of them must've added it in so that if the others wanted to make changes they could do it easily, however this did not work out the way it should've.
>>
File: 740full.jpg (61KB, 544x768px) Image search: [Google]
740full.jpg
61KB, 544x768px
I simply got bored by the end.I don't know why , but there was nothing to hold my interest.It had ok action, ok story, ok characters, but it just didn't grab me.It didn't have the "Fuck me, i gotta know what happens next" moment.
>>
File: Cagalli.jpg (40KB, 576x819px) Image search: [Google]
Cagalli.jpg
40KB, 576x819px
>>149393944
>Morisawa even made Cagalli's VA cry in the studio once.
>Mitsuo Fukuda made a comment on twitter along the lines of "I always knew they were fucking" when he heard of Shinn and Luna's VAs getting married
>there were actually MORE FULL COMBAT SCENES animated for Destiny that were replaced with re-used footage because of Fukada's stupid direction choices.
>Fukuda and his wife would spend the show's budget on trips to concerts and other places while leaving the staff with half a script to work with.

OK, HOLY SHIT. I am LITERALLY angry after hearing all this.

How the fuck was Fukuda able to return to work on Cross-Ange after the shit he pulled? The minute I saw his name on the credits, I NOPED right the fuck out.

Thank fuck his bitch wife couldn't get any work after Destiny. Also I heard she died last February of aortic dissection. I'd legitimately feel sorry for her if she weren't such a bitch.
>>
>>149394711
That doesn't sound like you regret watching it so much as you felt underwhelmed.
>>
File: Mekakucity Actors.jpg (118KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mekakucity Actors.jpg
118KB, 640x960px
I watched this just because Akiyuki Shinbo's name was attached to the credits.

Holy shit this series was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>149394719
>How the fuck was Fukuda able to return to work on Cross-Ange after the shit he pulled?
he was friends wit ha bandai or sunrise executive, Cross Ange was a favor
>>
>>149396147
And probably the last one he's ever gonna get.
>>
>>149396147
Is there even such a thing as favors in Japanese corporate culture?
>>
>>149396895
Maybe, it's weird though.
Because Tomino wasn't able to get a full 50 episodes for G-reco, yet they were able to give Fukuda a show.

So I think it may have more to do with your personal connection with a person rather than your standing in a company.

But when I think about it that way it seems weird there too, because I've always been under the impression that Japanese companies were built around long-standing loyalty
>>
>>149384202
The only reason to finish Destiny is so you can fully understand Awakening of the Trailblazer which is pretty good
>>
File: ....what did you just say.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
....what did you just say.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>149397190
>The only reason to finish Destiny is so you can fully understand Awakening of the Trailblazer
>>
File: yfwm.gif (2MB, 293x163px) Image search: [Google]
yfwm.gif
2MB, 293x163px
>>149397190
>The only reason to finish Destiny is so you can fully understand Awakening of the Trailblazer
Huh? The two are completely unrelated.
>>
>>149387909
Who's Kamille mk2?

>>149388926
>>149389536
I admit, I enjoyed watching Kira getting his shit wrecked by Shinn in Episode 34. But then I remembered that I'm only enjoying it because they made me dislike Kira, by making him act like an annoying, self-righteous, half-baked Celestial Being, solely to justify the entire Shinn vs Kira subplot to begin with.

So, after making me dislike the previous main character, Fukuda (the absolute madman) decides to make him the main character again, and pretend he was right all along. Kira learns NOTHING from his defeat, he just gets a more powerful Gundam, while his opponent is too bogged down with angst and PTSD to fight him properly for the remainder of the series.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.