[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sp/ here what was JoJo like before the anime? because this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 49

/sp/ here

what was JoJo like before the anime? because this anime has created a toxic cesspool that has gone too fucking far with the shit memes.
>>
>>149327800
Exactly the same as it was before the anime only most of the sperging retards were japanese, so you didn't see them.
>>
Still kind of annoying. Jojofags really have always tried putting their shit in everything, that I can confirm. But since the community was so small, it never amounted to much.
>>
can't be worse than this thread
>>
Endless Duwang memes.
>>
People bitching petshop was broken in the home versions of the Capcom game. People unironically enjoying the abridged series.
>>
>>149327800
Jojo has always been filled with memes. Za warudo, Duwang, It Just Works, etc.

P.S. nice dubs
>>
>>149327991

Yep. Before it wasn't as bad. But now you have retards going out in public and posing. These autists are no different from people who used to do the naruto run.
>>
File: 1474611319214.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474611319214.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
>>149327800
People used to recognise Steel Ball Run was the only good thing about Jojo, and eagerly awaited JoJolion, which proved to be just as good. Unfortunately /v/posters ruined everything with their shit taste, and now you can unironically praise shit like Stone Ocean, Diamond is Unbreakable and even fucking Battle Tendency.
>>
>>149329235
Fuck you. Part 2 is the best JoJo.
>>
>>149329352
Eat a dick retard.
>>
>>149327800
Before the anime JoJo fans used to be this small and incredibly smug subset of shounenshitters that thought they were better than the normies because their series had wacky poses.

It's still like that, except it's now the majority of people, so they don't even have an excuse anymore.
>>
>>149329352
Joseph, Stroheim, and Whammu were the only decent characters in the whole part. The plot is okay at best, the fights are mostly resolved through pure bs, and Kars is defeated by a deus ex machina.
>>
>>149329352
>Fuck you. Part 2 is the most ebin maymay JoJo.
>>
>>149329453
That would be part 3.
>>
>>149327800
it was a niche that only the most elitist and reclusive of weebs knew about
>>
>>149329402
This.
>>
>>149329492
Part 3 used to be like that 10 years ago, but as of now, I think many people are willing to be more critical of its shortcomings. Part 2, on the other hand, has had a massive surge in popularity that it has never had in its entire existence because of the anime.
>>
>>149329352
2 was the only part I really enjoyed. I dropped the whole thing completely after getting through about two thirds of the way through 4
>>
>>149328980
This.
Now people are even more obnoxious about it.
>>
>>149328436
I mean, can you blame them? Minuscule hurtbox, fast as fuck camp game, priority and disjoints everywhere, broken super that made sure you had to approach and that comboes into itself, a bury move that you have to guess where he will appear, air mobility out of the ass.He had everything, maybe one of the best characters in a fighting game period.
>>
>>149329566
Really says a lot about the JoJo fandom that they were memeing about Stardust Crusaders for 20 years, then figured out it was no good when the new anime got to it.
>>
>>149329885
Just take a look at the fist two minutes of this video and try to prove me wrong, i forgot to mention a bunch of shit that is shown between those
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRXzUdOuYXE
>>
>>149330060
I think that that's more video game people that only started caring about the plot when the anime hit.
IIRC manga fans were always fairly critical of Part 3.
>>
>>149327800
Was respectable and a decent fandom. Now it's full of weebs, fujoshis, tumblrcrap, etc

Anime was a mistake
>>
>>149328086
My, what a beautiful duwang!
>>
File: jouta.png (166KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
jouta.png
166KB, 400x299px
>>149331319
>implying fujoshis weren't there before
>>
Used to be good
Didn't have constant general threads running on /a/ 90% of the time
Anime was a pleasant surprise that was very satisfying, especially from cour 1 into cour 2, then sometime around the end of Part 2's episodes the threads got more frequent, fujo posting got increased, memes became more rampant and overused, and after part 3 aired it went into overdrive with IS THIS AN ENEMY STAND MUDA MUDA MUDA and even more gay posting and shit, now with Toonami we're reaching fucking critical mass and it's honestly turned me off of watching the new anime until it's done
>>
>>149331694
Well...on small numbers
>>
>>149331319
>Was respectable and a decent fandom
Bullshit. Its been like this for six years.
>>
I hate how everyone thinks everything is a fucking Jojo reference.
>>
File: 1436424332680.png (237KB, 588x434px) Image search: [Google]
1436424332680.png
237KB, 588x434px
>>149327800
>/sp/ here
Opinion discarded. I hope the Jojo memes haunt you till the day you die.
>>
>>149327800
It had some cancer but threads only popped when it was relevant news or a new chapter of Jojolion dropped so overall it was rather comfy

Now it got huge and while I'm happy more people are watching Jojo, the constant generals are now a cesspool. Talk about mixed blessing
>>
>>149329235
>People used to recognise Steel Ball Run was the only good thing about Jojo
Retard.
>>
What exactly is so bad about Part 2? I never go to the jojo threads and frankly don't really post much about shows I watch but it's pretty fucking fun and enjoyable
>>
File: 1475894039981.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475894039981.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>149335641
I'll take generals over numerous threads. Lesser of two evils.

I just hope none of you fags are the type who liked it but hate it now that its blowing up. Popularity makes anything obnoxious and keep in mind JoJo's always been a meme machine.

Plus, this is only the beginning. The real threat are all the retards that will spill over from the toonami threads over at /co/.
>>
>>149336081
Personally the ideal would be the general going on Friday + one extra thread when Jojolion comes out.

I definitively don't hate Jojo, all these years and Jojolion is still that one I eagerly await every month. I'm also enjoying the anime very much, but it's no longer cool do discuss on /a/ since it's all retards posting memes
>>
>>149336081
>Lesser of two evils.
It's not. Random threads die off and interesting threads stay up being fresh. Generals cause retards to shitpost because they cannot handle their happy place to not be up perpetually.
>>
>>149335942
The anime fixed its pacing and a lot of the art. Part 2 is probably the best of the adaptations, but the manga is not great in comparison to later arcs. Also, /a/ is full of sol fags who just want to masturbate to the first half of part 4 all day.
>>
>>149327800
your next line is you were expecting duwang but it was me rero rero rero

to be continued
>>
>>149327800
The same problems existed, just on a smaller scale. I'm assuming you're talking primarily about the west though because JoJo has always been insanely huge in Japan.

It used to be there were a handful of obnoxious JoJofags amongst the people who read/enjoyed the series but nowadays it feels like the obnoxious ones are the majority. Hard to say if that's simply because they're the loudest and most visible though.
>>
>>149335942
It's still really fun but
>underused main characters
>heavy asspulls left and right
>generally pales in comparison to most other parts
>>
Oh, and the weirdest thing is people putting Araki on a pedestal. Like, I get it. He's a weird guy and he does a good job of translating those idiosyncrasies to the page. But until recently I've never heard anyone defend him as a legitimately skilled writer. He's creative and a huge influence but he's also inconsistent as fuck in his writing and he's has always been the kind to favor style over substance. And that's fine for who he is because he makes it work but his skill amd nuance has always been lacking.
>>
File: 1477788262104.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477788262104.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
/a/ was smaller way back when so people either didn't care about Jojo beyond ZA WARUDO or saw it fondly as this quirky manga with vampires, steamrollers and crazy shit written and drawn by an immortal.

When the anime came out a lot of people got into Jojo but because of its reputation as something inoffensive that most people have no real issue with people thought this gave them the right to scream about it and be obnoxious to lord knows no end about it.

And now here we are
>>
>>149336312
>heavy asspulls left and right

Well if you watched Part 1 then I guess Part 2 is a tad more asspully but certainly not off par for the course of the series
>>
>>149336435
>When the anime came out

every time

never wish for an anime
>>
>>149336450
Yeah, asspulls never stopped being a thing in JoJo. They happen pretty often because Araki isn't always good at setting things up.
>>
Doesn't anyone even remember the OVAs? That's how I discovered JoJo, only to find out it was shit.
>>
>>149336413
>>149336413
I specifically remember that pre-anime threads constantly talked about Araki's inconsistencies and fuck-ups. The general consensus is that while the manga is great, the only part with a truly well-written story is Part 7´. Did that change?

>>149336459
Ultimately I think the anime is a nice trade-off. It made Jojo's popularity blow up in the west so with a little luck, we'll have more jojo merchandise appearing in the west (who knows, one day we might even get english manga volumes for the whole series). I can handle not being able to have a good discussion about it on /a/ for that
>>
>before: overtly homosexual themes
>after: suggestive homosexual themes
Unironic faggots were a mistake.
>>
>>149336459
Never wish for your [insert favorite thing here] to become popular and mainstream. Settle for a middle sized for quality fanbase where proper discussion is plentiful and the creators are dedicated to it's work. All popularity brings about is cancerous people and the creators selling out and diluting their work to appeal to new broader audience.
>>
File: Degradation.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Degradation.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
>>149336814
>>149336459
>>
>>149335942
even before the anime, part 2 was my favourite part. Joseph was openly admitting he was bullshitting his way through the adventure and when he completely ran out of options in the final fight, he shamelessly took credit of a lucky break just to piss off the villain. It was a refreshing mc.
>>
>>149336695
No that didn't change. When he doesn't forget or drop shit he can write compelling and interesting characters in wacky situations with their own wacky powers and with multiple ways of dealing with it.

Stone Ocean for example is full of random bullshit but also has a lot of fun, cool, bitter sweet, heartfelt and qwerky moments. The whole survivor fight isn't even remotely the best fight in the part but is fucking awesome from start to finish, and that's in probably (outside of 2) the poorest written part when it comes to a sprawling narrative. It has one of the best jojos, some great side characters and a fantastic villain, but it's still overall a poorly written mess.
>>
File: 1341295598870.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1341295598870.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
>>149327800

> letting a shows fanbase ruin the show for you

weak
>>
>>149337265
Fuck you and everyone who thinks like this.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to talk with about my favorite animu with a shitty fanbase when the fanbase it's full of tumblrinas, redditors, normalfags and all other types of cancers. The quality of the work in itself? Of course it doesn't affect it, but good fucking luck finding someone to talk about the work when in a situation like this.
>>
>>149337307

> He doesn't have friends who watch anime to talk to

you're not helping your case buddy.
>>
>>149329566
check every ''death battle'' video

its pretty much Jotaro winning every fight, even fucking Kenshiro with the ORA ORA meme
>>
>>149337343
>/a/
>friends
>>
>>149327800
>/sp/ here

You have to go back.
>>
>>149327800
Sports are for losers.
>>
Jonathan deserved better.
>>
>>149339124
he got best girl and had the best powers, not to mention the respect of dio and the opportunity to piss him of by having him to rely on his body

Not to mention that unlike every other Jojo who is a fucking criminal/delinquent is actually a good guy.

Hamon > Stands
>>
>>149336837
>No girls allowed
Stay assmad they make over half the human population.
>>
>>149339347
>girls
>human

only western countries actually think that
>>
>>149335226
You hate your own forced meme? What kind of crisis are you going through there?
>>
>>149339413
Poo in the loo.
>>
>>149327800
It was the same on a smaller scale.
>>
>>149337383
Even though i have no friends i have friends.

You should do the same.
>>
>>149336695
Something having an inconsistent story doesn't mean it's not well written. Character interactions and development also contribute to quality, which Araki is superb at.
>>
>>149327800
go back to watching your moecuck anime faggot.
jjba is for manly guys.
kyoanifaggot.
>>
File: 25525225.jpg (22KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
25525225.jpg
22KB, 320x300px
>>149329235
>Battle Tendency.
>shit
>>
>>149329235

nice baitu dess
>>
>>149335066
>Six years
More like 30 years
>>
>>149337307
>There's more people to talk to
>Therefore there's less people to talk to
What?
>>
this series is a mindless cancer
>>
>>149337369
>Watching Death Battle at all
And really, that's just powerlevel. It's like arguing wether Goku would beat Superman since he became a God and all
>>
>>149336413
>But until recently I've never heard anyone defend him as a legitimately skilled writer.
As someone who has been in this fanbase before the anime happened let me tell you that what happened instead was the opposite.

Until the anime happened, within the small circles within the fanbase, we accepted JoJo's inconsistencies for what they were, explained them whenever we could (a lot of times they really aren't that hard to explain) and we looked past them to appreciate how Araki is great in terms of developing characters and creating interesting scenarios.

It wasn't until recently with the new influx of fans that suddenly everyone started reading the manga and calling JoJo terrible from a writing perspective for honestly really stupid reasons (why couldn't Yukako do more in Part 4 ? why was Joseph nerfed in Part 3 ? This series is shit because it doesn't do what I want it to do).

>style over substance
Style is substance, especially for JoJo.
>>
>>149336413
Name a better manga
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 640x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 640x283px
>>
>>149344961
Naruto
>>
>>149327800
Was this niche thing. Always had elitists because of how generally weird and unappealing it was, and greatly enjoyed the golden meme years with the MUDA MUDA ZA WARUDO thing, back when people thought 4chan could hack vans to explode.

Now because of meme culture, weird and unappealing actually makes people want to get into it. People finally caught on to the massive memery going on with the fanbase thanks in no small part to retards spreading it out, and want a piece of it. Because today being quirky is being cool, what used to be a niche series has unironically become a gateway for normies into anime.

And as we all know, normies destroy all anime they touch by obsessing and tiring everyone out of it.
>>
File: 1478106369835.jpg (26KB, 211x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478106369835.jpg
26KB, 211x350px
>itt: faggots not knowing what makes jojo good
One of the reasons is the fights.

Some manga have creative fighting
Some manga have creative abilities

JoJo has creative fighting using creative abilities. I've yet to see something with battles as creative as the ones in jojo. It's not shounenshit.
>>
>>149344191
>why couldn't yukako do more in part 4?
All she cares about is Kochi
>why was joseph nerfed in part 3
Actually stated to be his age. No vampires = no Hamon needed
>>
>>149336766
>JOJO
>SUGGESTIVE.

YEAH
>>
File: Joseph_Anime_Faceshot.png (340KB, 854x475px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_Anime_Faceshot.png
340KB, 854x475px
The reason JoJo is loved is because it is entertaining.

It reminds me of a Quentin Tarantino movie in the way that it emphasizes style and action, but will give you a tacky/cheesy plot and oddball characters. It is by no means trying to be a piece of art. It is trying to be a piece of entertainment.

It's trying to be amusing. It's not trying to be thought provoking. You have to be able to get past that to understand why people love it.

I just got into it and I'm currently on Stardust Crusaders. I watch 5-6 episodes a day. It's a lot of fun. but....
it's a kinda a turn your brain off show desu.
>>
>>149347581
Its character writing is legit though.
>>
>>149329885
>>149330078
That's one of the most broken fighting game characters I've ever seen.
>>
Jojo is good but I've always made a point to stay the fuck away from other fans even before the anime began.

This endless torrent of fanshit only serves to convince me I made the correct choice. I still can't believe people actually keep forcing fucking Duwang into relevance when it should be long dead and forgotten.
>>
File: MGaKkLA.gif (901KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
MGaKkLA.gif
901KB, 500x280px
>>149347686
I feel like some of the character writing is legit. Some isn't.

Honestly Johnathan was a pretty one dimensional character. He almost acts as a Heroic Ancestor/Legend when he's mentioned in later arcs. He's like superman. Predictable in his behavior all around good-guy. Vanilla as can be.

Jotaro reminds me of just a kung-fu film hard ass character. Just straight up tough, stern, and almost serious at all times. He though I love his design is pretty one dimensional.

Joseph is the most interesting character. Large part of it being due to his trickster nature. He could keep the audience guessing and entertain them with his style of humor. He could also be serious and pretty badass when he needed to be.

I honestly think they should have kept Sugita as the voice actor in Stardust Crusaders. It would be a lot more entertaining.
>>
>>149347581
This is the case up to a point, but much like Sorachi, Araki gradually becomes a better writer as it goes on. It's hard to look at the majority of Part 5, Part 7, and Part 8 and still act like it's a "turn your brain off" kind of series.
>>
>>149347917
I'm an anime-only for now.
I've only started Stardust Crusaders, which I'm enjoying less than Battle-Tendency.

It's honestly the lack of Sugita. Being a Gintama fan made Battle Tendency amazing to watch.
>>
>>149342777
Are you retarded or pretending to be? There's more people but 99% of those more people will be completely retarded fuckmunchs so finding someone to have quality discussion with will be harder as opposed to before when there was less people, and as such less idiots, to wade through. Just because there's "more" doesn't mean the "more" is as good or better than the amount that was before.
>>
>>149346022
LOL
>>
>>149348074
And you're not retarded because?
>>
>>149347981
The first half of Stardust is honestly the lowest point of Jojo until the first "half" of Part 6. It starts to get better around the time of episode 25-35. The anime also didn't do it any favors because it stretches out a lot of the arcs into two parters when they honestly don't have to be. Keep going with it. I can't promise you it will ever be like Part 2 again, because it won't, but each part is pretty different from one another and the series gets its own unique charm as you go past Part 2.
>>
>>149347981
Endure your way up to Egypt. It kinda sucks, but skipping is a cardinal sin, plus Egypt gets some of the best and dankest fights, miles better than any BT fight (Except maybe the Wham fight, but only the worst in Egypt are worse than that anyway)
Everything
>>
>>149348810
>skipping is a cardinal sin

To retarded memers
>>

▲▲
>>
File: crunchyroll was a mistake.png (94KB, 782x998px) Image search: [Google]
crunchyroll was a mistake.png
94KB, 782x998px
>>
File: the anime was a mistake.jpg (61KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
the anime was a mistake.jpg
61KB, 640x493px
>>
File: the cishets woke the pillar men.png (372KB, 554x555px) Image search: [Google]
the cishets woke the pillar men.png
372KB, 554x555px
>>
>>149329235
>>149329352
>Part 2
>Not Part 3, which was the most adapted out of all the Jojo story arcs before the current TV anime.
>>
File: good jojo headcanons.png (185KB, 1026x307px) Image search: [Google]
good jojo headcanons.png
185KB, 1026x307px
>>
It's literally the "undertale fanbase" of Anime.
>>
>>149349898
>>149349655
>>149349617
>>149349588
BRING BACK BULLYING.

I wish more people would avidly seek to mock tumblr/reddit/and any cancerous fans for their ideas. In all honesty it needs to be done. And it needs to be loads of people doing it.

It is good for them. They might get upitty and try killing themselves but that is also an acceptable option.
>>
>>149346022
>I've yet to see something with battles as creative as the ones in jojo
Holy shit is this bait? Arakis way of making a "cool fight" is to throw some totally random bullshit in there and call it a day. There are a fuckton of manga with fer better, more creative fights. How fucking new are you?
>>
>>149349898
>Autistic Kakyoin
>headcanon

?
>>
>>149349588
>>149349617
>>149349655
>>149349898
these are all me
>>
>>149327800
jojo was popular from the videogames
the sega dreamcast one
>>
File: 4cc.jpg (46KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
4cc.jpg
46KB, 600x516px
>>149350145
name them cuckboy.
>>
>>149350145
Jojo fights are great because they create enormous, immediate tension regardless of what abilities are being used/what characters are fighting. Then they get twists that are satisfying because they feel earned. No Araki fight has illogical bullshit. Every twist and turn that happens is hinted at earlier. Araki writes his fights like musical symphonies, building them up and making sure every beat hits its mark. In this way, every villain gets their time to shine, and every Jojo gets to shine even greater when they earn their victory.
>>
>>149349588
I want to get talent solely to waste it on this and triggered all of /Jojo/
>>
>>149327800
Lietrally nothing has changed except for the sheer ammount of people that keep spamming this shit
>>
File: 1477884940670.jpg (957KB, 960x919px) Image search: [Google]
1477884940670.jpg
957KB, 960x919px
>>149351521
>No Araki fight has illogical bullshit
Kars was hit by JoJo's severed arm, then repeatedly hit by parts of rock by sheer luck hard enough for him to be sent into orbit.
>>
File: jojo.jpg (113KB, 594x476px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
113KB, 594x476px
>>149350963
You mean the Capcom one on CPS3. The Dreamcast version was a port.
>>
>>149351658
Where's the lack of logic there?
>>
File: Motobe Baki.jpg (70KB, 441x252px) Image search: [Google]
Motobe Baki.jpg
70KB, 441x252px
Is Baki /sp/ or would it be /asp/?
>>
>>149351720
A character who literally survived a lava bath by manipulating his body into armor gets hit repeatedly by rocks and has no time to shield himself from the impact.

The fact the impact of volcanic rock could shoot him into orbit is ridiculous.
>>
>>149351244
Pretty much every fight in Code Geass makes Araki look like a child.
>>
>>149349898
>Kakyoin is a girl with a cock
No he's not
>Kakyoin is autistic
Canon
>Avdol is a woman with a cock
No he's not
>Polnareff is a woman (Except not quite) with a cock
If I had to choose whom of the crusaders would NOT be trans at gunpoint and being shot wasn't an option I'd say Polnareff, so he'd be even less a "non-binnary fem"
>Joseph likes frying utensils
No but he likes cock and pussy equally
>Joseph is Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands
Was friends with Stroheim, why not
>Jotaro is a man with a pussy
Would explain why he's such an edgelord even if it makes no sense otherwise
Also since they called Kakyoin a girl shouldn't Jotaro be called a boy since they're the same age?
>Josuke is a girl with a cock
No he's not
>Oku is a boy (Except not quite) with a pussy
Same argument as Polnareff, plus he's poor as fuck, (s)he wouldn't say "LOL i'm feeling like i'm not a boy today Except yes IDK bye"
>Koichi is a girl with a cock
No he's not
>Koichi is autistic
I wouldn't call that quite autism but yeah he's almost like Kakyoin
>Dio is gay
Canon if not for his sons, which might've actually been part of his plan and still be repulsed by women.
>>
>>149351521
Naruto fights are great because they create enormous, immediate tension regardless of what abilities are being used/what characters are fighting. Then they get twists that are satisfying because they feel earned. No Kishimoto fight has illogical bullshit. Every twist and turn that happens is hinted at earlier. Kishimoto writes his fights like musical symphonies, building them up and making sure every beat hits its mark. In this way, every villain gets their time to shine, and every Chunin gets to shine even greater when they earn their victory.
>>
File: 1450652649637.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450652649637.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>>149327800
>/sp/ here
>>
>>149351873
baki is real fighting so its ours.

fake shit is /asp/
>>
File: 1118607617244.jpg (253KB, 570x590px) Image search: [Google]
1118607617244.jpg
253KB, 570x590px
>>149327800
It's about the same, really.
>All these newfags going REEEEEE
>mfw I liked it better as WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
Cry more moeshits.
>>
>>149351521
Jojo is infamous for having illogical bullshit in incredibly high concentrations. It's not even that bad until some fanboy like you tries to defend it as amazing writing
>>
File: Powdered Toast Wut.jpg (24KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
Powdered Toast Wut.jpg
24KB, 600x344px
>>149339626
>I have no friends and I have friends
>Be like me
>>
>>149350052
>I wish more people would avidly seek to mock tumblr/reddit/and any cancerous fans for their ideas.
Ever heard of the term used by a lot of 15 year old edgelords called "cringe"
>>
>>149356888
Calling something cringe doesn't do enough, the people themselves must know they are being ridiculed and be repeatedly met with insults
>>
It's the people trying to make a meme out of everything.
>>
10 years ago it was the same, but less popular and social media didn't exist so it was instead on forums

90% of it was
-"ZA WARUDO"
-"toki wo tomare"
-*throws knives*
-*steamroller*
-wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
-lol dio is such an asshole
-NAZIS
-that quote from zeppeli about breads

the comic was as far as steel ball run but no one mentioned anything after part 3
>>
>>149356756
Its a post meant to be understood if you search within your heart.
>>
>>149336240
and this was before the anime
>>
File: Urge to kill rising.jpg (464KB, 547x899px) Image search: [Google]
Urge to kill rising.jpg
464KB, 547x899px
>This thread
>>
>>149342403
>>149329352
>>149329587
>american jojo fans
>>
>>149360056
Not any of those three but Battle Tendency is my favorite because I'm a Gintama fan.
>>
>>149351881
First of all, unrealistiic physics don't make "illogical bullshit" or else you have to discount every single thing that has ever happened in any anime with fights as "illogical bullshit." Second, he was already being flung into orbit by the eruption and couldn't stabilize himself because he was being hit first by Joseph's arm and second by the rocks.
>>
your stand power is the ability to change how anything tastes. what do you do with it
>>
>>149363487

Make everything taste of shit, obviously
>>
>>149360056
Not a fan anymore, but the longer Araki writes the more obvious it is he needs to do a better job of pre and post-writing
>>
File: 498941257.092515public.jpg (401KB, 1807x1099px) Image search: [Google]
498941257.092515public.jpg
401KB, 1807x1099px
>>149336435
If it's any consolation, I would've never heard about JJBA if it weren't for people memeing ZA WARUDO. I'm watching the show every Fridays and im catching up in the manga because I generally like the series outside of the stupid memes. As many /co faggots JJBA attracts, there are as many mature readers who get brought in.
>>
>>149364165
same.

if it weren't for the fact that it seemed like everybody seemed obsessed with it and making references to it, I'd never have gotten into it, which is saddening to think.
>>
File: WkY14V1.png (395KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
WkY14V1.png
395KB, 500x333px
>>149349359
Damn that's classic meme
>>
>>149361304
Wow were really going to have someone stupid enough to try to defend this.

Anon it's ok for your favorite work of entertainment to not be logical at every part of the story. No work is perfect. Especially not one that focuses on fantasy elements, supernatural/horror/ and special powers.
>>
>>149361304
Explain DIO surviving 100 years in the exact casket Erina used to float away and survive. That casket isn't even supposed to be on board the sunken ship.
>>
God, the cancer you randomly find on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2-ccJowzZg
>>
>>149364364
Not an argument.

>>149364401
This is a better question.
>>
>>149364689
Well this can be my argument>>149364401
Because I also wrote it.

Believing Araki's work is fully logical and doesn't have some plotholes is ridiculous.
>>
>>149364401
There's no real definitive answer to this. most people I think believe that there was a second coffin for the chinese vampire that DIO had with him.

>>149364364
dude, it may not make sense scientifically, but it's pretty logical. hamon gave the eruption so much more power than it should have had, and kars was momentarily distracted by joseph getting lucky and having the rocks (which are shooting out of the volcano with tremendous speed and power and were going to take him by surprise) knock him into space.

I don't actually even like it, but it makes sense unless you're willingly being stubborn and refusing to make sense of it because 'lol its so bizaRRE xD"
>>
>>149364767
But it's still not an argument because >>149351521 was specifically about the fights.
>>
>>149364871
>>149364850
EVEN IF YOU IGNORED PHYSICS, WHY WOULDN'T KARS BE ABLE TO SURVIVE GETTING PELTED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE BY ROCKS.

THE ROCKS DON'T HAVE HAMON.
JoJo's severed arm shouldn't have Hamon in it either as it would have lost blood flow and oxygen.

If you ignored everything it's still baffling to think Kars wouldn't be able to react and shield himself from the rocks after considering the fucking survived Lava .
>>
>>149364994
>EVEN IF YOU IGNORED PHYSICS, WHY WOULDN'T KARS BE ABLE TO SURVIVE GETTING PELTED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE BY ROCKS.

He did survive.

>JoJo's severed arm shouldn't have Hamon in it either as it would have lost blood flow and oxygen.

Body parts still retain Hamon for a brief time even when cut off from breathing. See Jonathan using Hamon after Dio destroyed his airway and Dire after Dio cut his head off.

>If you ignored everything it's still baffling to think Kars wouldn't be able to react and shield himself from the rocks after considering the fucking survived Lava .

Surviving lava has nothing to do with the possibility of being distracted.
>>
>>149365155
Ok why wouldn't he be able to prevent rocks from repeatedly sending him into orbit.

I know you're a jojo fan but jesus christ, how can anyone overlook so much.

Logic come second to araki it's clear entertainment comes first.
>>
>Part 2 becomes popular
>Its now cool to hate on it endlessly

I really fucking hate you faggots. If I could I would murder every single one of you.
>>
>>149365294
>Ok why wouldn't he be able to prevent rocks from repeatedly sending him into orbit.

Because he was stunned by the fucking hand piercing him in the chest all of a sudden.
>>
>>149364994
>why wouldn't cars be able to survive
but he did, anon. he's not dead by the end of the part or by the end of the part 6.

>joseph's arms and the rocks had no hamon
they didn't need any? they were hitting cars with a considerably large amount of force, I doubt they were doing serious damage to him. they didn't need to.

>it's baffling to think he couldn't react and shield himself
if you actually remember the fucking scene correctly, he was burning alive in the lava for a few minutes until he made that armor of bubbles and broke his way out. he was also too busy gloating to joseph about how he could easily fly away and didn't see the arm or the rocks coming. the fucking narrator even says this very fucking clearly.

seriously, I'm not even a Jojofag and i'm not >>149361304, but anti-Jojofags are so desperate to expose flaws that don't even exist.
>>
>149329235
(You)
>>
This thread is unadulterated proof that Jojofags are a malignant tumor on /a/ and need to be purged.
>>
ITT: Autism
>>
>>149365438
Get out, newfag. Jojofags have been here since before you were born.
>>
>>149365310
Sounds a little farfetched that could stun him yet he can survive countless attacks and a lava bath.

Again stupid if you consider how much he's not phased by or can overcome.

The only answer is that Kars completely lost his guard and allowed himself to get cheesed into orbit.
>>149365354
So Kars got cheesed because of lack of awareness.

Ok I guess this makes sense. Its very hard to believe but if that's the logical explanation then that could happen.
>>
File: 1446001799617.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1446001799617.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
Why is it wrong for me to enjoy this series if I don't interact with the fanbase at all? I don't watch anime "with /a/" because I don't need validation of my taste.
>>
>>149365438
if anything, it's the anti-jojofags that are coming off as the angry autists in this thread.
>>
>>149365463
>implying being old makes it right

You can have HIV your whole life, it doesn't make it right.
>>
>>149365484
>The only answer is that Kars completely lost his guard and allowed himself to get cheesed into orbit.

No, you fucking retard, it doesn't matter how much of a perfect being you are, if a volcano explodes and launches a hand that you just severed into your chest at 10,000 feet in the air, YOU'RE GONNA BE A BIT SURPRISED.

How about you stop trying to masturbate your hate boner and just accept that you're wrong?
>>
>>149327800
More or less just a handful of people that were passionate about thd series and wanted it to be more popular.

What a fucking mistake that was.
>>
>>149365607
What kind of idiotic argument is this? Kill yourself, newfag.
>>
>>149365541
To be quite honest with you senpai, everybody who has posted in this obvious bait thread should fuck off to /v/ or /sp/ respectively.
>>
>>149342436

beito desu*
>>
>>149365611
Basically the reason Kars got sent into orbit is because he suddenly lost competence and became a baffled retard. I cant imagine the rocks or JoJo's severed hand being more powerful than that lava bath was. Kars could have stopped that even if he couldn't have predicted it. AGAIN THE GOON SURVIVED A LAVA BATH PURELY BY QUICK THINKING, yet he gets outplayed by a torrent of rocks.

I'm a fan of JoJo I've been binge watching it. So much so that I've avoided going outside to hangout with my friends, and exercise.

The only hate boner I have is JoJofags like you trying to defend one of the most illogical/and outlandish series ever written as being something written with complete tact.

I mentioned this earlier but Araki is like Tarantino. He goes for style, he goes for entertainment, everything else second.
>>
Name three instances where something obscure got an anime or general popularity and the fanbase WASN'T a giant tumor
>>
>>149365938
Name three instances where any non autist should give a fuck about fanbases enough to deride the media they're fans of
>>
>>149365876
> I cant imagine the rocks or JoJo's severed hand being more powerful than that lava bath was.

It's not about power. It's about shock. Kars was expecting to fall into the lava the moment Stroheim pinned him to the plane. He was already being hurled and the rocks simply compounded the momentum.

>AGAIN THE GOON SURVIVED A LAVA BATH PURELY BY QUICK THINKING, yet he gets outplayed by a torrent of rocks.

And a severed hand suddenly being flung into his chest that explicitly made him unable to dodge the rocks that he'd normally be able to dodge.
>>
>>149365876
>Basically the reason Kars got sent into orbit is because he suddenly lost competence and became a baffled retard. I cant imagine the rocks or JoJo's severed hand being more powerful than that lava bath was

Not that anon but,

Its not about power or damage you moron. He didnt see it coming. If you cant see something coming you cant act to stop it. You could catch a ball easily but if a ball flies towards the back of your head without being aware it doesnt matter how good you are at catching it will surprise and hit you. Get it now retard?

I love jojo for its over the top ridiculousness as well and admit many things dont make sense but in this case your arguments make even less sense.
>>
>>149350052
calm down, mando
>>
>>149366044
>It's not about power. It's about shock.
Well it looked like he was dying from that power. Tbh he nearly did. It didn't look like the rocks or JoJo's arm was nearly as painful or as dangerous. I guess he thought he'd live and rather than grow a shield of armor or try to avoid them, he just decided to take the hits unknowingly being sent into orbit
>>149366124
>Its not about power or damage you moron. He didnt see it coming. Get it now retard?
Yeah I guess after the surprise hit from JoJo's arm he wouldn't be on guard expecting more shit to hit him...........
You're such a fool. It was repetitive strikes with rocks too, not just one. His body can react quickly enough for him to escape burning lava all around his body, yet it can't even react to stop repetitive strikes with rocks.

I'm so glad I can enjoy this series without convincing myself it has flawless logic.
>>
>>149366353
>I guess he thought he'd live and rather than grow a shield of armor or try to avoid them,
A shield wouldn't stop him being pushed and he couldn't avoid them BECAUSE OF THE ARM. This is explicitly stated.
>>
File: CveXfVDWYAA9mRm.jpg orig.jpg (132KB, 1394x1258px) Image search: [Google]
CveXfVDWYAA9mRm.jpg orig.jpg
132KB, 1394x1258px
>>
>>149366442
>this is explicitly stated
not in the show I watched.

LMAO. I find it funny that a severed arm is supposedly supposed to stun him.
>>
>>149366442
Just stop bothering with him. He got proved wrong and he cant leave the thread without looking like hes right after talking so much shit. Its embarrasing but let him have it. His next post will be him acting condescendingly right. Let him have it. Pat him in the back and let him have it.
>>
>>149349717
>popularity = quality
>>
>>149366599
>not in the show I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2JN0yb6Qg

Fucking WRONG. Try paying attention, idiot.
>>
>>149366353
Didnt the rocks hit him almost immediately after? Hed still be trying to sort out what the fuck happened in his head. With the lava at least, he saw coming before he fell in.
>>
>>149366592
It's just a hallucination
>>
>>149364165
why is speedwagon so fantastic?
>>
>>149329587
Pretty much this. I've read up to part 5 and part 2 is still the best
>>
>>149366686
You cant even get the details of your claims btw. The arm never hit his chest. they hit his neck.

Also I was still correct. Basically he died because he let his fucking guard down after being attacked. That's still fucking retarded.

It didn't stun him, it just made him turn into a fool who lost the complete ability to defend himself.

I only thought of one example but I'm sure theres others you couldn't defend in the slightest. there's so many battles in the fucking series this isn't going to be the most illogical one.

The dumb thing about this also is that it's sheer luck. JoJo didn't plan the rocks or the arm, Kars literally got unlucky and lost because of it.
>>149366787
Yes Kars lost because he basically failed to react to further attacks.
>>
Can someone explain all the "is this a jojo reference" posts/threads that have been popping up lately?
>>
>>149367043
What the fuck are you going on about? You can lose awareness for a second if something hits you by complete surprise because youre trying to process what the fuck happened. He was still trying to reel in what the fuck happened to him right when the rocks hit him. Thats a natural response its not becoming retarded. It wouldve been retarded if the rocks took longer than they did to hit him because then his confusion wouldve worn off.
>>
>>149367196
If I was hit by something randomly I'd probably try to cover myself from being hit again.
>>
>>149367159
likely either autistic /co/ underages or false flaggers. hide, ignore, report, you know the drill.

>>149367043
>the arm never hit the chest
are you going to be a pedantic child about everything?

>he died because he let his guard down
one, he did not die. two, he was gloating to joseph and didn't expect the disembodied arm to hit him.

>it didn't stun him
but it very clearly did? the rocks hit him a second later, they wouldn't have if he wasn't hit by the arm

>so many battles in the series, there has to be one illogical one
then, please, name one, since you've failed to do so so far.

>sheer luck
that's literally the point of joseph's character, he even fucking admits this. why are you being so stubborn to the point of autism? do you just like being told you're wrong while knowing you're wrong and shitting up already bad threads?
>>
>>149367249
You would also take a second in your mind to think "WOAH what the fuck hit me and where did it come from?" before you try to defend yourself. Those rocks hit him almost immediately after a flying arm hit his neck. Surprise attacks are effective for a reason and youre being stubbornly autistic.
>>
>>149367378
>>149367496
I don't see how I'm wrong though. It still is illogical. He was hit perfectly by JoJo's arm and rocks through sheer luck.

I'm not wrong at all. If you want I can start nitpicking. Kars could have flown off the rock at the point where it lifted off but he decided to have a monologue with JoJo.

Is that logical? No.

I'm currently watching an episode now where there's some illogical battle going on. The Steely Dan battle to be exact.
>>
>>149367249
>If I was hit by something randomly I'd probably try to cover myself from being hit again.

Oh no you wouldn't. You sound like an asshole that sees a heavyweight boxer get punched repeatedly and thinks he could do it better. No, if you got hit in the throat randomly you'd probably be too shocked to react to whatever came next.
>>
>>149367667
> He was hit perfectly by JoJo's arm and rocks through sheer luck.
That's the whole point, numbnuts.

>I'm not wrong at all. If you want I can start nitpicking. Kars could have flown off the rock at the point where it lifted off but he decided to have a monologue with JoJo.

Talking is a free action, idiot.
>>
>>149367674
I would have fallen and probably avoided the rocks desu.
>>149367704
So you have the autism to say there is no illogical battle Araki's ever yet you try to defend a character having extreme plot armor and luck as something that's logical?

It's fucking retarded. I'm not going to stop this argument. I refuse to submit to a fucking idiot who thinks that not a single fight in JoJo's bizarre adventure has a lapse of logic.

That is pure fucking autism.
>>
>>149367857
Luck != a lapse of logic. Sorry, idiot. You lose.
>>
>>149366592
i think i am actually going to kill myself now
>>
>>149367667
>he was hit by it through luck
Anon. Joseph is a character all about being favored by fate, the big thing in JJBA. He wins his fights through luck against vastly stronger opponents, his 'next line is' stuff reinforces his luck and his power of prediction, he survives time and time again through seemingly impossible scenario, etc. Yes, it's luck, but that's the point.

>kars was monologuing
He knew he could fly off the rock any time, he was just first surprised the hamon did that to the volcano, then wanted to sneer at joseph, but did not expect the arm. That's logical. If I had my enemy on the ground and I thought I had a perfect escape, I would probably start bragging too.

>steely dan
>illogical
How
>>
>why is the jojo fandom so bad
>thread turns into some fags picking at incredibly minor plot minutiae for hours

I love self-demonstrating threads.
>>
>>149367886
NAH CUNT. I DONT.
Plot armor isn't fucking logical. Using luck and plot armor as an argument is a cop-out.
You lose. I win.
>>149367945
One of the things that didn't make sense to me in the steely dan fight is that dan kicks a pot in order to inflict pain on joseph. It looks like Joseph is in severe pain when he does this, but it looks like Steely is unphased by inflicting pain on himself.

That doesn't make sense from a basic standpoint. Dan should have felt a similar level of pain.
>>
>what was JoJo like before the anime?

It was in black and white pictures that did not move, which were mostly translated to English by people who didn't speak it.
>>
>>149368086
>steely dan LITERALLY FUCKING states as he's describing his stand that the victim of the lovers feels ten times the pain steely dan does
>hurr it should be the same level of pain
Yeah, that's where I'm ending this. >>149368051 is right, and I really do have better things to focus on right now than debating a middle school tier retard
>>
>>149368086
It's not plot armor, though.
>>
It was small, and quite frankly something being manga-only genuinely does create a barrier for entry that keeps out newfags.

>>149328436
>People unironically enjoying the abridged series.

Look episodes 1-3 are terrible, but he got a lot better after that. Mic quality was always horrible though, you can hear the feedback in even the final episodes.

Speaking of the OVAs abridged of course, not the Phantom Blood stuff.
>>
>>149368228
Joseph is a character you have to suspend your disbelief a lot of the time with to enjoy. He's part of what makes JJBA so absurd. I'd say his character directly goes against logic a lot of the time.
>>149368205
Glad you surrendered. Retarded faggot
>>
>>149349655
I dont think these landwhales and hamplanets from tumblr know what autism is, they've clearly never been to r9k
>>
>>149345353

She's not wrong really.
>>
>>149349359
fucking newfags
>>
>>149347694

There's a pretty hard rule to Petshop.

If he is banned, a different character will win the tournament. If he isn't, he ALWAYS will.
>>
>>149368663
>If he isn't
Which never happens unless the tourney is run by idiots. The Pet Shop ban is global, because no one using him ever loses. Like the SRK wiki says
>Petshop, an eagle with a stand. How Bizarre. He is pretty much the guardian of Dio's mansion. Nothing else is to be said. He was beaten by Iggy in the comic book. In the game, however, Petshop is the most broken, and easily abusable character in the game. Which is the reason why he is banned from tourney play. He does not need to block low, his mix-up are stupid, his combos take off more than Kakyoin's, he's butt easier to use than Kakyoin, and he is very hard to hit. Petshop is dumb. Plain and simple.
>>
>>149329427
>Joseph, Stroheim, and Whammu were the only decent characters in the whole part
That's more "good" characters than we see in other parts.

>Part 1
Speedwagon
>Part 3
Old Joseph, Polnareff post Avdol/Iggy's deaths
>Part 4
No one really. Rohan has his moments but most of the main cast is obnoxious as fuck
>Part 5
Polnareff
>Part 6
No one

Things pick up again in SBR but god damn 4-6 is a slog.

Part 2 is just pure fun and gimmicky stands don't get in the way of the story. A lot of the fights in the middle parts are just:

>Enemy of the week Stand has one powerful gimmick
>MC falls for the gimmick
>they figure out what the gimmick is
>Enemy of the week Stand is completely harmless from this point forward
>>
>>149327800
Does /sp/ like All Out?
>>
File: Screenshot_56.png (57KB, 642x642px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_56.png
57KB, 642x642px
>>149327800
>this anime has created a toxic cesspool that has gone too fucking far with the shit memes
Did you even go on the internet before 2012?

It's always been like that
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 479x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 479x639px
Well this is just a hate thread with non-stop arguing anyway so

6>2>7>8 so far>5>4>3>1
>>
File: terunosuke.png (94KB, 1262x892px) Image search: [Google]
terunosuke.png
94KB, 1262x892px
I'll just post this before he comes.
>>
>>149369385
Good list but
>6
>first

Maybe it's just me but I really wasn't a fan of SO. Low tier main villain and Jolene was a forgettable JoJo
>>
>>149369484
Fuck off, Yuuya. This week belongs to me.
>>
>>149369104
>That's more "good" characters than we see in other parts.
Pucci alone is a better character than pretty much everyone in Battle Tendency.

>Part 2 is just pure fun
And that's all it will ever be. It will forever be filled with one of the most shallow casts and plot.

>gimmicky stands don't get in the way of the story.
There is one simple thing that makes stand fights better than nearly all of Joseph's fights, and that is tension. There are other factors, but that's the only one they need to be better. Joseph's fights lose tension very early when you realize that there's no rhyme of reason to the way he wins. He wins through unfathomable levels of bullshit almost every time. He avoids an attack by sticking his arm up his "sleeve" when he's wearing a tanktop. He sticks grenades on a vampire's back when he had no time frame with which to do it. He pulls a tommy gun out of the magic satchel, because there's no fucking way he managed to hide that thing. You can never feel any danger surrounding Joseph's fights because you know he's going to win all of them by use of practical "toon force." It's dumb fun, but that's it. It has no tension, no drama, no variety.

Stands are the reason Jojo has been able to go on as strong as it has. They're genuinely engaging because you, the viewer, can feel involved as you are given the same tools that the protagonist does. You can feel the tension as they do because you understand their limits and the limits of their opponent. You know they probably won't die, but that's a given in nearly every shounen. When Buccellati and Mista are fighting on the train, you know they're not just going to pull some unexplained, reality warping bs, and it makes you actually interested in what they will do to win.
>>
>>149369527
WHY?
>>
>>149369637
Pucci is fucking based, easily the best villain. I hated SO on my first time through but it shot up into my top 3 on a reread. Jolyne is pretty good too, she's the first of the more grounded protagonists Araki tried so she comes off as boring after all the colourful OTT characters before then.
>>
>>149369527
CUNT
>>
>>149369648
What?

Stand fights have no more or less tension than any pre-stand fights. Stands have the same level of toon force bullshit that Joseph pulls it's just more believable because the concept of stands requires such extreme suspension of disbelief to begin with (a hard requirement for enjoying JoJo I think we can agree)

>unexplained, reality warping bs,
That's pretty much all stands are
>>
File: image.jpg (394KB, 695x908px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394KB, 695x908px
>>149369637
Dude was the most proactive Villain by far, in comparison the others let the heroes chill at their house.

Jolyne's great for me since her stand is truly shit tier compared to the powers of the three before her but she gets super creative uses out of it, she's also often drawn as fighting WITH her stand, kicked C-Moon in the face.
>>
>>149369834
>reality warping
Literally only the time Stands are like that and they're saved for main villains and Jotaro. The rest are all fairly grounded for the most part and are based off of shit from horror movies.

>unexplained
Same with Hamon, Stands at least have their origins explained in 5.
>>
>>149369789
Hmm, maybe it's worth a reread then.

Thanks Anon

>>149369847
It's funny that was one of my favorite things about her but like >>149369789 said she came off as boring despite that. It's definitely much more refreshing than the previous "punch opponent 5 million times in 10 seconds because we're so stronk" MC stands
>>
>>149369834
The difference is that stands literally are super powers, and specified ones at that. The suspension of disbelief is not taxing. Joseph's toon force is because he has no fucking super powers that would allow him to pull the kind of shit he does. Hamon can not and does not even attempt to cover all the shit he does. Stands aren't realistic, but that's not the point. The point is that they're well defined super powers. Joseph's limits have no definition because his solutions break the reality of his own fucking universe. It's almost 4th wall breaking tier. If you can't understand the difference between super powers doing specific supernatural things that they've been explained to do, and Joseph unapologetically warping reality to do things he should not be capable of doing, then you need to go get checked for mental retardation.
>>
>>149369834
Individual Stands actually have defined limits unlike Ripple which is just whatever you need at the time. You personally don't have to like them but from a storytelling perspective they're objectively superior which is why Araki went down that route and introduced them.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 595x595px
Are you guys arguing over Joseph's ability to always hold convinient items and the ridiculous forthought both he and the pillarmen put into fights?

Because as far as Ripple he mostly just oils shit up, part 1 characters were far more magical with it.
>>
>>149370099
It comes off as obnoxious when he just magically pulls out grenades or whatever for the fifth time. Part of what makes BT good is that it doesn't outstay it's welcome and is very short, if it had been any longer then it would have gotten annoying rather than charming. Still not as good as 4 onwards though imo.
>>
>>149370277
7>6>4>5>3=2>1
>>
File: HERE'S_JOHNNY.png (227KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
HERE'S_JOHNNY.png
227KB, 600x489px
The worst part of the fandom is the unironic bickering elitist "gappy makes me happy XDDDD" group that's apparent in most /jojo/ threads, but everyone outside of that group is actually pretty nice to be honest. The fan community here can glorious sometimes.
>>
>>149329235
Im glad parts 7 and 8(so far) havent been filled with autist memes. Theyre genuinley good stories
>>
7>8>4>6>2>5>3>1
I hate this fanbase more and more every day. The day part 7 gets animated is the day I dread more than anything. Autism is coming lads, one day
>>
>>149364165
I watch and read jojo too and i haven't a desire to be in the jojo general on /a/. Probably a good thing to keep my distance
>>
File: Swerve.png (313KB, 503x761px) Image search: [Google]
Swerve.png
313KB, 503x761px
>>149371646
>Im glad parts 7 and 8(so far) havent been filled with autist memes.
Anon, Jojolion couldn't even go 4 chapters without memes.
>>
>>149329235
>Shitting on Diamond is Unbreakable when it's the best one after Steel Ball Run
If you're saying this just because the anime only fags are at that part 4 now, you're part of the problem you elitist. I wait for Part 7 to get animated so you'll say it's shit too.

Why /a/ is filled with so many people lie you I'll never understand.
>>
So /jojo/ I just came back from pic related and, without spoiling too much, this is the closest we have gotten to certain stand powers in the big screen.
This movie basically has:
Crazy Diamond
The World
Bites the Dust
Mandom

Any others?
>>
>>149349359
hot damn I haven't seen this meme in a hot motherfucking minute.
>>
File: IMG_6200.jpg (174KB, 378x861px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6200.jpg
174KB, 378x861px
>>149372089
I typically lurk, the only times I do post is when abnoxious people say shit like "Jojo isn't a good series" or "New fans are ruining Jojo" with conviction like it's the truth. It just irks me
>>
Funny Vorelentine
>>
It was always trash
>LOL BULLDOZER WRYYYYY XDXD
>>
>>149336435
>but because of its reputation as something inoffensive that most people have no real issue with people thought this gave them the right to scream about it and be obnoxious to lord knows no end about it.
It sucks so much to see this happen with series that previously didn't get a lot of flak when you talked about them. It happened with OPM too.
>>
>>149349898
>Gay Dio
Not a headcanon if it goes against canon. Then it's just fucking wrong. Dio is bi.
>>
>>149373247
I could see him being bisexual but more inclined (or even exclusively) to be romantically attracted towards men. There were only two people other than his mother he ever truly cared about, and both of them were men. He clearly didn't feel anything for the women he ate and/or fugged.

Even then, Araki said that Dio could never truly and wholesomely love anyone, even if he convinced them and himself otherwise. Makes you almost feel a little bad for him, really.
>>
Diamond Unbreakable is basically a filler slideshow at this point, too many unnecessary characters that add nothing to the story popping out of nowhere and way too many pointless episodes that lead to nothing.

And how funny they just run into 'stand users' out of the blue, with the stupidest explanation i've ever heard.
Worst of all it had no goal what so ever before they discovered kira, and even after they do they still tend to take the camera off the important characters and focus on the pointless side kicks.
>>
File: MYSTERYMAN PAPERBOY.png (107KB, 453x575px) Image search: [Google]
MYSTERYMAN PAPERBOY.png
107KB, 453x575px
>>149369484
Is there a villain more out of left field, and more needlessly assholish in part 4 than this fucker?

He has no motivations other than "lol is funny to see ppl scared".
>>
>>149373356
Although he's not actually a villain and not an asshole, Tonio's really out of the blue.
>Not created by the arrow
>No idea about the Bow and Arrow conflict and no stake in it
>No personal issue with Josuke and co
>Josuke and Okuyasu were never actually in danger in spite of everything suggesting otherwise
>Just wants to make good food
>>
Why are jojotards so cancerous anyway? I'd say they're worse than narutards at this point.
>>
>>149327800
I remember tiny, low quality scans with terrible translations being a crucial part of the JoJo experience.
>>
>>149373437
You're proving you haven't ever lived through the height of actual Narutards.
JoJo threads are bad but I've never been embarrassed at the sight of some pimply teen walking around in public wearing a JoJo forehead-protector. And Youtube's remarkably free of retarded shipping AMVs.
>>
>>149373437
Normalfags got a hold on it. Same as with everything I guess, all that goes mainstream goes to shit.
>>
>>149327967

This, nothing has changed except the fanbase is bigger.
>>
File: HERE'S JOHNNY.png (50KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
HERE'S JOHNNY.png
50KB, 600x720px
>>149371428
>>
>>149373493
I'm not talking about real life idiocy, I'm talking about post quality on /a/.
>>
I want Wamuu to fist me and then do the divine sandstorm thing in my anus
>>
File: Hisoka_2_-_141.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_2_-_141.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>149373513
Half of the people argue over how shit others' tastes are and then one person just spams Narancia porn while a handful of people actually discus. So, pretty much most threads on /a/
>>
>>149335641
shota dick bath scene when?!!!!
>>
>>149369527
NANI?
>>
File: 1476646781904s.jpg (9KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1476646781904s.jpg
9KB, 250x183px
>>149369527
>>
>>149373905
What does that have to do with the emergence of shit like >>149369527 and all the underage faggots replying?
>>
believe it or not 10 years ago was exactly the same with less normies

>WRYYYYY xDDD
>>
File: 1477272219035.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1477272219035.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>149369527
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (107KB, 320x738px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
107KB, 320x738px
>>149373513
>>149373905
Yeah, it's not amazing but it's not notably any worse than the other threads. Look at the Dangan Ronpa ones, the waifufaggotry is even worse than in JoJo threads. And people are genuinely at each others throats over which characters they do or don't like, there aren't really any controversial JoJo characters that spark bullshit morality-debates.

Well, there was one, but thankfully that's died down.
>>
>>149374047
Both are /v/-core anime which is why they both have shit threads.
>>
>>149373422
don't the Rohan one shots imply he has a connection to Passione? That could mean created by the arrow
>>
>>149374027
>normies
>>
>>149374125
The Rohan one-shots are debatably canon, but part 4 definitely isn't. And Tonio claimed that his stand manifested by itself (Like Polnareff, Kakyoin and Avdol) so it'd make him a liar, which seems odd given how honest he seemed to be about everything else.
>>
File: jojo fans.png (932KB, 1133x870px) Image search: [Google]
jojo fans.png
932KB, 1133x870px
>>
File: worst fanbases.jpg (594KB, 2937x2203px) Image search: [Google]
worst fanbases.jpg
594KB, 2937x2203px
>>
>>149368357
>Glad you stopped proving me wrong
>I really started to look like a jackass
>>
>>149372886

Red Hot Chili Peppers

when he's in the hospital with the ECG
>>
>>149374174
The claims might not be the whole truth to begin with. Some people have no idea of what the fuck happened when the arrow pierces them.
>>
>>149374420
Didn't Angelo, Tamami and Yukako all give accounts of being shot with the arrow, though?

And Polnareff was definitely a stand-user as a kid, given he could use Silver Chariot when Alessified.
>>
Why do people like Part 4 so much?

Josuke and Okuyasu are unrelatable and not entertaining main characters. Koichi is a total wimp. Jotaro is his same old self (so nothing special character wise) and Old Joseph is a senile waste.

None of the fights feel particularly 'high stakes' and almost all of them come straight down to cheesy solutions.

Even though Kira is an interesting villain the whole arc seems like it only exists to establish the arrows as plot items and that's it.

It just feels like totally inconsequential filler and I dont find myself invested in any of the character's stories.
>>
>>149374575
What's the point of asking if you're going to state your opinions as facts?
>>
>>149346022
>le fites in le ani_me X---DDDdddddD-DDD:DD
Fuck off.
>>
>>149374624
Are you really that autistic?

Of course I'm aware not everyone holds my opinion. I'm not stating them as facts, I just didn't feel the need to write 'I think' or 'In my opinion' before each sentence like some castrated dog.

Either answer the question or don't bother resetting your post cooldown you sad loser.
>>
>>149374575
>Josuke and Okuyasu are unrelatable and not entertaining main characters
What? I would say Josuke is one of the most relatable Jojos. He's just an average teenage kid who goes to school, plays video games, hangs out with friends, wants money to buy stupid teenager things like new sneakers.
>Koichi is a total wimp
Did you stop watching the show early on? The whole point is that Koichi grows from a wimp to someone with confidence. Just compare him in the first episodes to the scene in the hospital during Highway Star. He's completely changed.
>Jotaro is his same old self
Mostly but now instead of being the main character, he's the mentor figure and it works much better honestly. As a main character, you want more than just a stoic delinquent who spouts 1 liners. But in DiU, he acts as the cool older strong guy who teaches Josuke and has the younger, more experienced Stand users' backs.
>Old Joseph is a senile waste
Joseph already had two parts to shine, he doesn't need a third. He is in Part 4 so Josuke could meet his father and get closure on that part of his life and that's more than enough
>>
>>149374351
Nah bitch. You literally say that the battles aren't illogical but still will acknowledge plotholes like DIO's casket.

The DIO casket plothole is huge. It's the reason for an entire fucking arc.
>>
>>149373422
>>149374125
In the novel Purple Haze Feedback, Tonio is the brother of Massimo Volpe who is a member of the narcotics team in Passione pre Giorno takeover
>>
File: 274985.jpg (52KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
274985.jpg
52KB, 225x350px
Just got done reading Part 5 and I don't understand why this character even existed. Worst part is I knew he was never going to do anything because there were already too many characters, same thing happened with Abdul in Part 3. Does Araki get better about this in later parts or does he still keep writing useless characters that he then has to write out because he couldn't think of anything to do with them.
>>
>>149374799
Araki wrote him out of the story because his ability was too OP.
>>
>>149374799
He's expanded upon in a light novel
I just finished it and it was pretty alright
>>
>>149374799
Part 7 in a nutshell, part 6 too.
>>
My favorite fights are Little Feet, Mr President, Goo Goo Dolls and Green Baby because of my vore fetish
>>
File: 1478145896063.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478145896063.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>149329235
>diamond is unbreakable
>shit
>>
>>149329235
>le part 6 is bad maymay
at least it helps me to know anime-only retards because the only ones that say that shit are animeonlies indeed
>>
>>149375619
That's obvious bait, leave it alone.
>>
>>149329235
Shit Balls Run sucks the most, faggot.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.