[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished this and now I feel like I want to kill myself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: EoE.png (506KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
EoE.png
506KB, 900x506px
I just finished this and now I feel like I want to kill myself.
I read that some people interpret the ending as happy. But it just left me disturbed and upset really. I understand why someone might view it as happy, but I just didn't see it that way.
>>
ok
>>
Go ahead and kill yourself, evashit.
>>
>>149297814
Asuka finally found happiness. And it only took the destruction of the whole world. I'm glad for her, she deserves to be happy.
>>
It was depressing and unsatisfying, but for that era(?) where most tv series had a happy ending, it was awesome because it didn't.
>>
>>149297814
>I just finished this and now I feel like I want to kill myself.

If that's what you got out of it you should have been dead long ago.
>>
>>149297814
It was depressing as fuck but also hopeful. Watching it for the first time is a real experience.
>>
File: torino9bd.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
torino9bd.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>149297814
I don't get the people who force themselves to read this as a film with a happy ending either. Shinji starts the move as a fucking quitter, throws the biggest dummy-spit in the world ("Everyone just die!"), and goes down-hill from there, until he wrecks the entire planet.

But hey, you can tell yourself that he finally got to Asuka's dere side, and sail your ship into the sunset.
>>
>>149297814
You're likely the exact same kind of person Anno wanted to die, then.

His work has revealed to how just how much of a piece of shit you are and how little worth you have to everyone else and the world as a whole.

Same as me. I only hope you have the balls to go through with it instead of suffering a pathetic existence until the day you die. We should never have been born.
>>
File: 1440945017625.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440945017625.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>149297900
>>149298019
>>149298114
>>149298155
How does this board discuss this movie so frequently without even understanding it?
>>
>>149297814
Depressing? No. It was disappointing.
I get the feeling that the author had issues with depression and used the movie as an abstract means of expressing his feelings to the masses.

In other words he butchered the story so he could make it "deep".

It worked though and it's a success so maybe Japan just has shit taste.
>>
File: gendouwin.jpg (46KB, 778x527px) Image search: [Google]
gendouwin.jpg
46KB, 778x527px
>>149298228
It's Anno saying "Don't be a filthy otaku shut-in and try to close off the world, because when it all goes to shit, you have no-one to blame but yourself."

That's why it's the AsuShin shippers who are delusional about the ending and call it "happy" or "hopeful".
>>
>>149297814
Don't do it, NGE wasn't that shitty.
>>
>>149298307
Part of it was that, yes.
But much more of it was characters coming to terms with their flaws.
Shinji finally doesn't run away, represented by him choosing toreject Instrumentality and restore the AT fields, allowing everyone to turn back into seperate people with time.
Asuka accepts that she's not a hot blooded shounen protagonist above everyone else, and that she doesn't have to be strong all the time.
Gendo reunites with his waifu, if only for a moment
It really is a happy ending if you look past face value
>>
File: eva-explained.gif (112KB, 628x609px) Image search: [Google]
eva-explained.gif
112KB, 628x609px
>>149298280
Yes, Anno had a well documented depressive episode following the production of Nadia, did Evangelion as art-therapy -- only then there were the production screw-ups that led to the last two episodes being done on a shoestring and right up to the last possible minute -- the final episode was very nearly Anno apologizing live on TV for shamefur dispray.

So he had another major depressive episode and used EoE to get it out of his system.
>>
>>149297814
Instead of turning everything into a cosmic Dr. Phil show, he believed that there's hope for the human race and he isn't the shitter the he makes himself to be.
>>
File: 26full.png (214KB, 853x362px) Image search: [Google]
26full.png
214KB, 853x362px
>>149297814

One thing to remember is that they are at ground zero. After all of the Eva battles and the Instrumentality.

The rest of the world doesn't look like that.

The imperfect impact was so weak that even the geofront survived the initial explosion point blank.
Heck you can see buildings in the screen right there that weren't turned to dust.

Everyone has the choice to come back. Even people that died during EoE.

Also Asuka = best girl won.
>>
>>149298623
See that splash in >>149298114
It would make the 11-Mar-11 tsunami look like someone had let their bath overflow.

And then there's the rest of Rei collapsing into the Pacific to follow.

And Asuka's stuck on a blasted shoreline with a frustrated homosexual.
>>
>>149298623
>Even people that died during EoE.
But wait, that means the scene where Asuka saw her mother...
Holy fuck how did I not figure it out until now
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.