[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /a/ please validate my autism? I hate the Horimiya OVA.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Can /a/ please validate my autism?

I hate the Horimiya OVA. It's subtly different from the manga. But I was so bothered by it that I checked the original webcomic, and it's not like that either. Horimiya is written by a woman. It has two main characters and we see from both of their POVs, but, like most series written by women, it shows a lot of the female lead's emotions. But with the OVA, there's a slight shift towards Miyamura's side. We see more of his internal monologue; he's more insecure and shy; and Hori is far less emotional. The reason for this is obvious: the director figured that only male otaku will buy anime. Slice-of-life romance series written for a male audience tend to focus on the emotions and insecurities of a male lead, because men (particularly otaku) are more aware of their weaknesses and tend to see the objects of their sexual desires as daunting. But changing the dynamic even slightly ruins the entire mixture. Horimiya isn't a series about a loser guy who befriends a popular girl; it's a series about two people who each have their own insecurities and emotions.

/a/ is always asking how catering to otaku is a problem. While here is a good example. It's one thing to make a series that caters to otaku, but it's something else to take an existing story and warp it so that it's more marketable.
>>
I was unaware that there was an OVA and probably won't watch it based off what you've said. Consider your autism validated.
>>
>>149018378
the OVA is fine. OP is just a babby
>>
>>149017227
This is why I don't watch shows with male MCs.
>>
>>149018378
It is fine.
>>
>>149017227
>OVA
>Marketable

It's just a treat for the manga readers, there is no animation and it's pretty shitty, but there is nothing that wrong with it, sure the manga is better, but I don't see why you had to overthink about it so much. I won't validate your autism.
>>
File: webcomic.png (67KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
webcomic.png
67KB, 350x500px
>>149018401
>>149018512
>>149018581
It's different enough that it bothered me. Take this scene. In the webcomic and manga, Hori is worried about why Miyamura is acting different, whereas in the OVA, she's more just casually annoyed by it.
>>
I read both webcomics/OVAs. Webcomics was really good, but I thought OVA provided a new perspective that I haven't really thought from. If you really liked Horimiya as a story, you should appreciate that difference.
>>
File: 1352243837219.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1352243837219.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>149018669
That's just because the OVA is bad, they fucking up inner monologues or how the characters act is a given, you should had realized that it wasn't going to be a good adaptation from the first minute.
>>
>>149017227
I think what you're talking about is more likely attributable to the directors of the OVAs being men and ergo more likely to sympathize with male characters rather than a specific agenda to appeal to male otaku.
>>
>>149018443
>t. Self-hating male feminist
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.