[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to remind everybody that this guy is actually a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 17

I'd like to remind everybody that this guy is actually a shit duelist. A really shit duelist.

The only reason he was a threat was because of his magic and the Rod, not because of his dueling capability (usually for villains, it's both). If it wasn't for his torture shit, good ol' Jou would have kicked his ass.

Heck fucking Mai would have beaten him. Yeah, Mai. Only reason she lost was because hieroglyph bullshit
>>
Doesn't matter, he was still best grill.
>>
>>148547582
And Yami was a cheater, so what?
Jonuichi and Kaiba are unironically the best duelists of the show.
>>
>>148547582
He grew up in a tomb in the middle of Egypt it's amazing he can even comprehend an America trading card game.
>>
>>148547755
Yugi exists
>>
>>148547881
The Rod probably taught him how Shadow Games worked and picked it up from there
>>
>>148547958
Nah he's a shitter.
No don't give me that "b-but he won against Yami in the end" because that was fucking bullshit.
>>
>>148547582

everyone in the show sucked hard ass at the game, in ARC-V they're getting there, but they still suck
>>
>>148547755
bakura btfo kaiba and jonuichi is a rng baby
>>
>>148547755
Kaiba wasn't even that good. He was always underestimating anyone who wasn't Atem and was too reckless in his duels. Jonouchi and Yugi are really the only good duelists in the show, Jonouchi would have done a lot better if he access to better cards but he did the best with what he had.
>>
>>148547582
I only legit watched the show for a little while as a kid, somewhere after the blimp tournament arc I stopped

Most of my knowledge comes from the abridged joke
>>
>>148547582
Well, he's technically only 6 years old since he manifested when Marik was 10 years old, so for a 6 years old he didn't do so bad.
>>
>>148547755
Jonouchi is technically the better one, because at least he had a shit deck and managed to win by luck. Kaiba just has the money to have the best deck in the world, and had the strongest cards in the game before they introduced the gods and rituals.
>>
>>148548032
>that was fucking bullshit.

Where do you think Atem got his dueling knowledge from? Who do you think built the deck they used throughout the story? Yugi did all that shit. He's always been shown to be knowledgeable and good at the game. He came up with the mind switching tactic against Pegasus. He had mind-controlled Jonouchi beat even with him using illegal cards. He beat Bakura in the Millenium World with his own deck. It's no surprise that he wiped the floor with Atem. He was always ahead of everyone.
>>
>>148548471
>Not taking Rex into consideration

In all seriousness I think Pegasus was a pretty good duelist but I only saw portions as a child and my memory is bleh
There was this nameless character who I thought was a pretty neat duelist

Also Maiko Tsunami
>>
>>148548749
You can't win againt someone in a card-based game that can draw whatever he needs at any moment.
It's simply impossible unless you metagame the fuck out of his deck and you're lucky with your draws, but even with that that's not really being better than him, just prep time.
>>
>>148548843
Duelist Kingdom doesn't count for shit. That was like two children playing a card game and making up shit.
>>
>>148548843
>Pegasus was a pretty good duelist

Maybe at one point, but he relied too much on his eye to the point where it consumed him and he couldn't do anything without it.
>>
File: Dark_Marik_-_DA.png (291KB, 292x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Marik_-_DA.png
291KB, 292x480px
Dat character design tho
>>
>>148548928
Yeah you can if you can read their moves and plan accordingly. Yugi shared a body with Atem for a very long time so he could learn to read him easily. Yugi also had the advantage over Atem because he knew his deck inside and out while he used a completely new deck himself.
>>
>>148549038
Yeah, like I said, he metagamed him.
No shit you'll win when you build your shit to counter your opponent.
>>
File: Yu-Gi-Oh_001_Final-scene.png (412KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yu-Gi-Oh_001_Final-scene.png
412KB, 640x480px
>>148548843
>>148548947
I'd like to remind everyone that the biggest twist in this story was that Pegasus was totally straight

In fact, not only was he straight, everything he did was to bring back his waifu
>>
>>148549113
we should all strive to become a person like him
>>
>>148549104
>metagaming in a competitive game is unskilled
>>
>>148549038
I don't think it's fair when Yugi pretty much built an "Anti-Atem" deck
>>
>>148549142
It's smart, but the things that come to my mind when thinking about skill in a card-game like duel monsters is stuff like improvisation.
Giving random decks Atem will win 99 out of 100 times because he has the most ridiculous power you can have in this kind of game.
>>
>>148549152
Who cares about fairness? That was a duel he HAD to win. He had to show he could live without Atem while Atem had to show that even if he tried his hardest to win and lost, he could still learn something from defeat and that it wasn't something to be ashamed of. Also, it wasn't really an anti-atem deck as he used the same deck against Bakura and beat him.
>>
File: MW-001_Pharaoh_appears.png (343KB, 510x447px) Image search: [Google]
MW-001_Pharaoh_appears.png
343KB, 510x447px
>In the 1960s when Sugoroku Mutou ventured to the Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh, his companion, Ahmet, shot him in attempt to take the tomb's treasure for himself. However Ahmet was devoured by a monster spirit and Sugoroku was pulled to safety by an apparition of the Pharaoh, who mistook him for Siamun. Afterwards Sugoroku recovered the Millennium Puzzle from the tomb and brought it to Japan, eventually leaving it in his basement at Kame Game.

When was this?
>>
>>148549248
I'm not saying it's bad he won. If anything, it stands to his skill that he was even able to make an Anti-Atem deck at all. I'm saying it's not fair in terms of comparison because any other time, it's someone against a guy who is literally magic
>>
>>148549206
>he has the most ridiculous power you can have in this kind of game.

Not really, that got powercreeped with the newer YGO series. Atem's ability is limited to only whatever is in his deck. Nowadays you can just create whatever the fuck you want for any given situation and it's totally ok.
>>
>>148549256
Probably near the start of the Millennium World arc.
>>
>>148549343
Eh probably, i've never watched anything beyond the "original" so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>148549343
RE-CONTRACT UNIVERSE
>>
>>148547582
Pretty much. In retrospect Mark is pretty lame at duel monsters. His best deck was the Slider combo one and got trounced early. Everytime since he relies mostly on magic and dirty tricks to put up a fight.
>>
File: 1474136934055.jpg (3MB, 2016x3006px) Image search: [Google]
1474136934055.jpg
3MB, 2016x3006px
>>148548749
Not only that but yugi is also good in other games. For example most game-t he was just yugi and not Yami and he defeated otogi/Duke alone.
>>
>>148547582
>If it wasn't for his torture shit, good ol' Jou would have kicked his ass.

To be fair Jonouchi got lucky drawing Gearfried. If it was a weaker monster or a non-monster card he would've lost regardless.
>>
>>148548928
>You can't win againt someone in a card-based game that can draw whatever he needs at any moment.
You can because he has to wait till draw phase or use an effect to get to that marvelous cards. Yugi knew of this ability and used Atem's luck had against him. Knowing that he'll always reach for the best card to get out of his current predicament is also a key weakness Yugi wisely exploited.

Shame Yugi isn't into economics. With a monstrous perception like that he'll be Kaiba's boss at age 22.
>>
>>148549701
Okay but the Mai thing stands
>>
>>148549648
I've always wondered this but what's with the gay belt strap Yugi has on his neck. I don't know of any straight guys who wear stuff like that. Is Yugi gay? None of his friends wear cloths like that.
>>
Is story time still going?
>>
>>148550099
That was 90s fashion apparently?
>>
>>148550099
Visual kei fashion.
>>
>>148548734
>>148548471
Kaiba is the best duelist in the world, he literally never lost a duel clean the entire series
>>
>>148550784
>muh surrender or i murder myself
>>
>>148550830
that's called suicide anon
>>
>>148550784
Yugi vs. Kaiba in the semi-finals?
>>
>>148550830
Atem cheated first with that "heart of the cards" bullshit.
>>
>>148549206
Yugi won because he was so far ahead of Atem he didn't have the chance to activate his hax drawing skills. Its not something he can consciously do, tbe pharoh only alter his destiny when faced with defeat. He had him beat at the deck building stage (Atem was using an original deck as well, the only thing he knew was in it was the 3 god cards. Tricky and shits were original, and all that extra muh pottery symbolism are anime-original), and led him along the entire duel, baiting him into trying to use the monster reborn graveyard trick.
>>
>>148547582
Yugi uses magic to cheat too.
He also bends the rules.
He also has no problem bitching about other people using dirty tactics to get whatever card they want and he uses forbidden cards.
Kaiba plays fair at least.
>>
>>148550947
If anything, his plan took Atem's hax drawing skill into account. He knew after Silent Swordman crashed against Obelisk, Atem would hax out a Monster Reborn to bring back the Osiris in the grave he discarded earlier for Tricky, so he had it sealed beforehand before taking out Obelisk.
>>
>>148549701
>To be fair Jonouchi got lucky drawing Gearfried.
>Jonouichi got lucky to get a good draw in a draw luck based card game
Go figure.
>>
>>148550784
>>148550938
Maybe so, but they were certainly even by Battle City, where Yugi wrecked his shit.
Still, Kaiba should be commended for coming out quite unscathed from the filler arcs.
His only losses were against Noah, who cheated, and Dartz, who had the most ridiculously op deck ever.
>>
File: 19283179203.jpg (157KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
19283179203.jpg
157KB, 500x375px
>>148549343
>powercreeped with the newer YGO series
This, I miss the times when duels were engaging without involving overcomplicated bullshit.
GX was the last enjoyable series for me.
>>
>>148549152
His deck was his own, there wasn't anything anti-atem about it, aside from maybe Magician's Circle, which required the enemy to use spellcasters as well
>>
>>148551156
>>148550960
Did the shitty dub give Yugi powers or something? Because he never had cheating powers in the original, just main character powers
>>
>>148549343
you could use the same logic with any of the opponents in the entire series

it's always just
>character is in a tough spot
>character uses an OP anime only card
it's not power creep it's duel choreography
>>
>>148551251
>without involving overcomplicated bullshit.
>It's another "I haven't been playing the game since I was a kid and can't follow it so it's bad" poster
>>
>>148551635
Anime outright stated that the pharoh has the ability to manipulate destiny to his advantage.

The manga has no such thing, which serves to show how good Yugi actually is because the moment he's split from Atem he wiped the floor with him.
>>
>>148551759
Sorry to disappoint bud, but I actually used to play quite a bit on ygopro though I stopped around the time Arc-V came out.
I just liked it better when you didn't have to spend 5 minutes to read the monster effects.
Also I miss the occasional flavor text.
>>
>>148550190
I've not seen one today, but I'm hoping the story anon has more than just the seven volumes I already have downloaded. I've been enjoying revisiting Yu-Gi-Oh! for the first time in nearly a decade thanks to the storytimes and the Japanese version of the anime being on Crunchyroll. I'm starting Battle City today and I may even check out GX once I'm done.

It was pretty neat to discover that I'd taken a renewed interest in the series on the 20th anniversary of its release.
>>
>>148551751
No. The protagonists nowadays literally "create" cards out of thin air. That's completely different from drawing a highly situational card in your deck because it implies you put it in there in the first place and since YGO involves luck it's not so much out of the question that you could draw the card that can help you at the right moment.
>>
>>148551251
The duels were the worst part about the original series. There's nothing engaging about constant ass-pulls and inconsistent rules
>>
File: 49710956_p17_master1200.jpg (333KB, 808x1000px) Image search: [Google]
49710956_p17_master1200.jpg
333KB, 808x1000px
>>148552405
>check out GX
By all means do it anon, first two seasons are a fun romp, but in the third season shit goes down like you wouldn't believe.
It's a real shame that the fourth and last season got cut short, GX is my personal favorite YGO.

]Am I wrong or is Judai the only YGO protag that actually has magic powers?
>>
>>148553585
>ass-pulls and inconsistent rules

That was only in Duelist Kingdom. They got more streamlined by the time Battle City came around and the inconsistencies were much less.
>>
>>148553797
They still cheat even during the last duel.
Even when they are not cheating the duels still have have next to no strategy, I mean Yugi's deck is basically composed of 10 garbage monsters and 30 situational shitty trap cards nobody would ever use.
>>
>>148554060
You can say that about every series. All the characters use situational cards up the ass and non-optimal cards that people in real life wouldn't use.

>no strategy

They do use strategy though. The issue is the state of the game is different in each series. The original series didn't have full-fledged archetypes or synchro, xyz, pendulums so the decks are inherently slower making the duels slower too. The monsters didn't have as great effects as monsters today. But they still use strategy. Yugi's duel against the rare hunter with Slifer is a great example.
>>
>>148554060
I may be wrong, but around battle city we have a few scenes of Yugi preparing his deck for the next duel. In the end he had to create a strategy against his rival.
>>
>>148547582
>20 minutes of speaking only to play one card

I used to love this anime, I haven't watched it since the last arc against bakura, how are the new seasons?
>>
>>148547755
>Jonouchi
>good
Stop with this meme. Jonouchi can't even make a deck nor use his cards properly, his deck is shit and entirely relies on his luck which conveniently happens to be huge in big duels. He wins fucking Jinzo and he used it like once in the entire series.
>>
>>148554747
Even as a kid I laughed when he used Legendary Fisherman, I know the point was to have him show all the cards he won over the course of battle city in that scene but that card had 0 synergy with anything in his deck.
>>
>>148554747
>Jonouchi can't even make a deck nor use his cards properly

He knows how to use his cards properly. The problem is that most of his cards are trash. His cards are trash because he's poor as fuck and could only make a deck of the best 40 cards he could find.
>>
>>148554628
GX is pure crack. It went from SoL school life to weird alien technocolor to edgy grimderp fanfiction.

5Ds first 25 episodes is the best the franchise has to offer, until 64 is pretty good, then went into a year of nothing but crappily animated fillers. The last arc is pretty good, but the middle 100-something episodes is awful to sit through.

Zexal first half is mediocre. The climax and main plot is good, but the SoL preceding it is quite shite, due to the bad supporting cast. The second half is quite good, aside from a particular character's plot induced stupidity. Vector is a very competent Marik that managed to be successful for most of the series.
>>
>>148555210
>5Ds first 25 episodes is the best the franchise has to offer, until 64 is pretty good
Dark Signer arc is better than the episodes leading up to it.
>>
>>148554821
>Best friends with someone who owns a game store
It really shouldn't matter how poor Jonouchi is, Yugi could easily give him some free card packs or starter decks, and if he's too proud to take hand outs, he could just get a discount
>>
>>148554821
By the time he dueled Valon his deck was stacked af
>>
>been reading the Yu-Gi-Oh manga
>at Battle City right now

Why is Yu-Gi-Oh the perfect shonen manga? The duels make no sense at Duelist Kingdom but it's still entertaining as fuck. Also Kazuki Takahashi's art is great.
>>
>>148547582
Can you name ANYBODY in this series who used a deck that would actually work IRL?
>>
>>148555698
Towards the end, Bakura puts together a discard-deck that kinda works.
>>
>>148555327
>Yugi could easily give him some free card packs or starter decks, and if he's too proud to take hand outs, he could just get a discount

He wouldn't want free packs or a discount. He would want to get everything on his own merit. As far as Yugi having a game store, it really doesn't mean that much. While the anime portrays his grandpa as having lots of rare cards, he doesn't have nearly as many cards for sale in the manga. In fact the deck that Yugi used to beat Kaiba in Death-T took his grandpa years to collect. I doubt Jonouchi could get decent cards from his store. With regard to other stores it's possible but cards are pretty expensive in the world of the original series and Jonouchi already has an drunkard father he has to take care of. He can't really spend money on cards.
>>
>>148555698
No. Yu-Gi-Oh was made by a mangaka that was writing a shonen manga with battles that had a lot of twist and turns. He was not a card company whose purpose was to create balanced cards and synergistic decks.
>>
>>148555426
>him
>>
>>148556064
I miss Alexis.
>>
>>148557265
In the Japanese version her boobs were much bigger, beleive it or not
>>
>>148547582
I find it wierd that GX and 5ds are pretty much reverse quality

The First 2 seasons of GX are mediocre to filler crap with ssome exceptions, whole 5ds first 2 arcs are great

The last half of 5ds are pretty trash (crow a shit) but conversely GX had a good 3rd season and a great last one (which never showed in America)
>>
File: 1456520926703.png (67KB, 561x224px) Image search: [Google]
1456520926703.png
67KB, 561x224px
>>148549113

You can be "gay" for a woman.

Like, have 0% physical attraction to her, but still consider her your waifu
>>
>>148549113
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUGIBOY
>>
>>148557420
Pics?
>>
>>148555918
Mind you we have no idea if Yugi's grandpa took years to collect them before or after he owned the game store, so for all we know he could have gathered them way before he got his store
Though it makes me wonder when the fuck grandpa started collecting cards, since Pegasus made it only a few years earlier, I imagine.

Also Yugi's grandpa only has a few decent cards, Gaia, Dark Magician, Curse of Dragon, he has some decent cards, and Exodia is clearly the real show stopper of his efforts, but the majority of his deck was fodder cards until Yugi got it and started feeding better cards into it..
>>
File: image.jpg (458KB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458KB, 1000x1480px
>>148557588
>>
>>148557420
It's there any comparison pics?
>>
>>148557662
Trust me, when you watch the original version, you Definitely notice how much more prominent they are
>>
File: 1426965773485.jpg (182KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
1426965773485.jpg
182KB, 442x650px
>>148557488

>5DS
>For the first time in Yugioh's history, a female lead has a decent personality and isn't completely retarded/unlikable, while also being flawed and having her own agenda
>Completely ruined in the 2nd half, turned into a moeblob with 0 spine.
>Doesn't even gets with Yusei in the end despite wanting his 5D for half the series

I'll never forgive them
>>
>>148557713
You can blame crow for that

They were originally going to make him evil but because of how popular blackwings were gonna be they made him good

Ironically, they made him 5ds' Joey when aki was already that basically with yusei
>>
>>148555210
>5D fags are still a thing
>>
>>148557869
Never said it was a great series, just the first half is great, the second half is trash except for the OPs and season 3 outro
>>
>>148557701
I'm watching the jap version and comparing it with the american release in the same episode. Looks exactly the same.
>>
>>148556268
"""he's""" clearly pretending to have balls, and cunt punts do hurt, just not nearly as much
>>
>world is completely centered around card game
>nobody netdecks

Very unrealistic
>>
>>148557977
There was a GX episode about that.
>>
>>148557977
They actually address netdecker a in that one GX episode where that guy cosplays as yugi
>>
>>148558004
>>148558020
I remember that but yugis deck sucked to begin with so it kind of invalidates it.
How is there nobody out there theorycrafting the best possible competitive decks if you can practically take over the world just by winning a lot.
>>
>>148557977
As far as the original series go, card games weren't that popular that the whole world would revolve around them. Also netdecking invalidates the ability for each character to have a deck that represents them. The cards used by characters aren't just cards but they're symbolic of what kind of people they are too.
>>
>>148557977
To be fair, in the Yugioh universe, there seems to be cards for literally every theme and scenario, even full support cards for the most ridiculous shit. So even if you have something like, a deck based on jet planes, you can play on any competitive level.
>>
Whats stopping Pegasus from printing literally ANY card, even the most ridiculously strong and over powered cards, just for himself. Shit, he could have three Blue Eyes for himself just to spite Kaiba. Or have a one-and-only card that is super broken
>>
>>148559172
That's what Relinquished and Thousands Eye Restrict was supposed to be.
>>
>>148559273
and boy did he succeed. that shit is still banned after almost 15 years
>>
>>148559316
I thought it got off the list recently?
>>
>>148559172
He did do that, he just stylized them to his own preference, hence toon blue eyes

and he can only make the cards based off their egyptian counterparts, without having spiritual backing the cards don't like...work or...something
>>
>>148559355
>There were egyptian counterparts to the Toon monsters, Time Wizard,, Jinzo and
Fuck it, theres so many god damn cards I can barely remember some of the really silly ones
My point was made regardless.
>>
File: 866781018824.png (509KB, 446x750px) Image search: [Google]
866781018824.png
509KB, 446x750px
What's your fav yu-gi-oh ship /a/?
>>
>>148559700
Common dude, the only girl for kaiba is that girl who becomes blue eyes white dragon
>>
I havent watched Arc V because I cant make it past episode 1 dead serious but every character plays like a tard in the anime, they dont spam the shit out of cheap trap cards like mirror force or magic cylinder or the biggest troll of all torrential tribute.

Kaiba spams crush card and for some retarded reason tries to summon multiple blue eyes in one turn when he can literally win in three turns with one

Yami cheats with magi

Joey is just luck

Mai was one of the only somewhat competent duelist but she relied too much on Harpie spam

Filler Rebecca had meta level strategies and kicked Yami's ass before he hax like usual

Marik could have won every single one of his duels had the tard not spam Ra all the fucking time.

Bakura is also one of the most competent dueliest in original Yugioh that was one seriously trollworthy strategy he used again Yugi at the end of the series.
>>
I swear 5Ds is probably the only time every character duels competently except Yusuke the asspull wizard.
>>
Why didnt Judai ever carry King of the Swamp he could have fusion spammed like crazy if he had that card.
>>
>>148560035
same reason he only carried one copy of poly and 7 different varieties of cards to recycle that SINGLE copy in his deck
>>
>>148560195
Well, I mean, he had like a handful of poly-alternatives, so having one poly wasn't all that bad
>>
>>148559862
Anime is made to shill new cards. Plus, those staples are extremely rare and expensive in the fictional world, and they're on-off the RL banlist all the time anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume they're all at 0-1 and people just don't happen to draw into them statistically. Anime deck doesn't run ridiculous draw/search/mill engine.

>>148559928
Yusei wasn't bad in Fortune Cup. Most of his cards then has junk effects that pales in comparison to staples that the "pro duelists" run. The only difference is that he has access to Synchro summon, which is implied to be restricted to only certain people
>>
>>148550938
Heart of the cards? More like heart of bullshit.
>>
>>148561535
>>148550938
you do realize thats a dub only thing. in the original it was stated that he uses the puzzle to manipulate (call) specific cards when he needs them.
>>
Where storytime anon?
>>
>>148559862
>they dont spam the shit out of cheap trap cards like mirror force or magic cylinder or the biggest troll of all torrential tribute.

That would make for boring and quick duels. Situational cards while not realistic make for more exciting duels. Also it's a fictional story so why does it have to imitate real life 100%?
>>
>>148559700
>ship
Does it count if it's canon?
Judai and his monstergirl waifu.
>>
>>148561832
Did anyone call him out on it?
>>
>>148553714
I thought the guy from Zexal had something can't remember
>>
>>148563337
Yeah Ishizu did. But Atem's ability to call specific cards when he needs them is a necessity for him to participate in the ceremonial battle.
>>
>>148548749
Their deck was shit and literally built for the sake of cheating. You can only put so many objectively horrible or incredibly situational cards like Mammoth Graveyard in your deck when you know while building it that every one of your draws is actually a search.

Kaiba had nothing but high card quality in his deck specifically because he had no bullshit egypt powers to rely on.
>>
>>148564038
>Mammoth Graveyard in your deck

It wasn't even used past Duelist Kingdom. Duelist Kingdom was basically YGO RPG and took into account the attributes and types of monsters to give them extra effects.

>when you know it's a search

Atem was never actively cheating. He only did so in the final duel because he had to. Every other time it was his desperation to win that influenced his draws without him realizing that was what it was. It's not cheating in that aspect. Yugi himself never cheated since he didn't have that ability.
>>
>>148559862
>Watching the anime and thinking it would be like the real life TCG

Are you stupid?
>>
>>148559353

It did, they're not even limited.
>>
File: 1425791937570.jpg (329KB, 1000x830px) Image search: [Google]
1425791937570.jpg
329KB, 1000x830px
Reminder that there is no 100% solid YGO series.

DM: Is good when adapting the manga. Is bad when doing filler, so basically only 50% of the anime is good. Also nobody remembers the last arc except the final duel

GX: 1/4 filler, 1/4 not good, 1/4 great, 1/4 batshit

5Ds: First 64 episodes is some of the greatest toyetic anime story and characters ever put to TV before going to complete shit with everything afterwards only being slightly saved with it's soundtrack END YOUR FUCKING TURN JEAN Z-ONE IS A FANBOY FOREVER MY FRIEND ZUTTO ZUTTO

Zexal: The first half is shit and is only saved by it's secondary main characters and villains. The second half is a lot better but it doesn't get good immediately, it's a big of a slog

Arc-V: Is quite possibly the biggest example of wasted potential. 50 episodes of something that could have been amazing before it goes to hell with Synchro arc killing everything anybody was getting into it for in the first place and is only just now maybe sort of recovering

There is no one solidly good YGO series. Just the one you can deal with the most
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
So who was suppose to be the Kaiba in GX and why did neither of themy fuck Alexis?
>>
>>148564564
There were multiple Kaibas but Manjoume is the one that was the most popular.

Also she only wanted the Judai dick
>>
>>148564601
Asuka was good, but she never had a chance to win the Judaibowl.
>>
>>148564601
I think Zane could've fucked Alexis if he wasn't so loner/emo and Chazz could've made her his wife like wanted if his approach wasn't so thirsty/stalker-ish
>>
>>148547755
>Cheater
Stop with this fucking meme. He never cheated.
>>
>>148547582
I like it.
I like the Marik is bad at dueling. It makes him a little more interesting.
>>
>>148551751
You're ridiculous. That's flat out not true.

Yugi, Judai, and Yusei's decks had an internal consistency to them that made everything feel cohesive and like the deck actually could have existed. Logically, yes, they gradually introduced more and more new cards over the course of the series, but they didn't do THIS shit.

Accel Synchro with the printing cards from the future thing was already a stretch. Super Fusion was already a stretch, but they were still very grounded. ZEXAL took that "pull out of thin air" shit to the next fucking LEVEL and made creating cards damn near common fucking place.

ARC-V doesn't even fucking EXPLAIN it. Yuya just manifests a FUCK ton of new shit on the fucking spot and its accepted as totally plausible. No one bats an eyelash in verse and that's foul.
>>
>>148551751
>>148565487
(Cont)

It's not "duel choreography" it's laziness.
>>
>>148554060
Your issue is applying real world card rarity to the anime. In the anime world you can't just go out and drop $100 on a deck with the most OP cards, and it's assumed all opponents that aren't Kaiba can't do that either. Their opponents may have 1-2 cards that would actually be used in real life.

It'd be boring as fuck watching the same 3 decks play for a whole season
>>
>>148554818
Hey atleast they didn't have him use Fortress Whale too, he had won that from Mako at the same time, but not its ritual card to play it
>>
>>148566786
This. If Blue Eyes is so rare there are only 4 in the world I can't image how hard it is to pull legitimately good cards in that world
>>
>>148566786
Could Yugi beat Dragon Rulers?
>>
>>148547582
lol
>>
File: Medaka Box v10 c084 - 101.png (197KB, 833x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Medaka Box v10 c084 - 101.png
197KB, 833x1200px
>>148547582
>>
>>148553714
Alright, cool. I think I saw one or two episodes back in high school, but all I recall is that the main character had a cool superhero deck and some jerk with an Ojama deck. The only reason I remember Ojamas is that people would literally throw them away at the comic shop I frequented, so a friend and I started picking them up and leaving them around the school campus for people to find.

>>148555674
A-Are you me, anon?
>>
File: 1332902037242.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1332902037242.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
I just finished the anime today. It wasn't that bad besides some of the filler arcs. Even then some of the best moments in the series came from the Doma arc in my opinion.
>>
>>148549648
Is he still a midget?
>>
everyone was bad.
MC had no need to even try since heart of card will always give him the needed card to win.
>>
I want to watch Dark Side so bad, when is it coming out?
>>
>>148565487
Didn't Yuya get called a cheater?
>>
>>148559862
>Bakura is also one of the most competent dueliest in original Yugioh
I really like Bakura as a villain, but he loses just about all of his duels. The only one I remember him winning in the manga was against the zombie kid, and that happened off-screen.
>>
>>148547755
Yugi is actually a very good duelist. He manged to beat Yami, the king cheat, with nothing but good deck composition and strategy.
>>
>>148559818
>>
File: Sect.jpg (86KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sect.jpg
86KB, 530x480px
>>148564407
>Original Manga: Great, nothing more to say.

>Yugioh R: Solid series #2

GX Manga: It had it's moments, like the planetary series and Manjoume beating Judai in a fair duel. Just didn't have a good antagonist. Tragoedia is the typical villain who "takes control of other people to do evil things but always loses, then finally reveals himself to fight the main character at the end, and loses".

5D's manga: dark and edgy. based art. slow to start, and just silly with all the "sense dueling", but the duels are actually good because everyone is using powerful cards, and is somewhat enjoyable

Zexal manga: good if you liked Zexal. This is the Heartland we wanted to see in the anime; everything about this version of him is so fucked and despicable. But his duel with Yagumo is the peak of the story, and female Don Thousand is just stupid.

Arc-V manga: it's being too mysterious (which only works if it's being done with heavy foreshadowing, to the point that we can put most of the pieces together ourselves); same shit as the arc-v anime for 125 episodes. At some point, we need to know what the thing that is "adam factor" is, and why Reiji/Yuya are from the future, and why all 4 Yu's are in 1 body, why Yuya's memories will only cause him pain, and who the masked man is. There's just no reason to enjoy something when you don't even know what the fuck is happening, apart from vague quotes which are then never given attention again.
>>
>>148574159
Arc-V manga has like 15 chapters. What the fuck are you on?
>>
>>148550960
>Kaiba plays fair at least.

he threatened to kill himself if atem played his next card, forcing yugi to take over and quit.

he also had his brother spy on duelists and their cards using all their cameras so he could come up with easy strategies.
>>
>magical duel
>complaining about people using magic to win
nice one
>>
>>148555698
Fortune Ladies from that reporter girl?
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.