[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't people accept the fact that Macross F is a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: Macross F.png (551KB, 630x468px) Image search: [Google]
Macross F.png
551KB, 630x468px
Why won't people accept the fact that Macross F is a great show?
"unlike meme show as delta"
>>
File: 20081031142552.jpg (66KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
20081031142552.jpg
66KB, 848x480px
I think we can all agree that, in hindsight, Macross F at least wasn't as bad as Macross Delta.
>>
I absolutely detest final episodes and especially ending itself.
'Friendship and music solve everything' is an absolute bullshit, especially the build up on humans vs humans conflict and Sheryl's death.
>>
>>148533304
Delta is the best Macross to come out in the past 20 years.
>>
Delta ruined Macross and anime for me.
>>
The only reason Frontier isn't objectively the best Macross anime is because 7 exists.
>>
File: 008.jpg (626KB, 2821x4095px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
626KB, 2821x4095px
>>148533260
Sheryl Nome is awesome, that alone makes Frontier superior.

Delta had Mirage but the dumbasses writers did the most horrible job in developing everything.
>>
>>148533260
But I accepted that Macross Frontier was superior
>>
>>148533260
Story: F>Delta
Music: Delta>F
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 225x320px
It's shit for moe retards

>Interviewer: So we're planning a page for fans who don't know you (Itano) or the original Macross.

>Itano: Macross Ace (the magazine this is in) is a damned bishoujo character magazine isn't it? I call it "retarded", though. Retarded character moe magazine. I think Macross (the original) was popular because of its balance, 1/3 each of cute girls, robots, and songs. But now they say mecha won't sell, robots won't sell, so they turn it into a character-based anime AND they want the fujoshi. I hate the stench of that sort of thing and so actually don't want to be in any magazine articles related to that bullshit, but I said I'd cooperate if they let me badmouth shit and here I am.

>Interviewer: I... see... (tears)

>Itano: I DID watch all of Macross F. It's not fair to badmouth something without seeing it (chuckle).
So, like, there's one bit where a sniper in space mounts himself on an asteroid, right? But by doing so half his field of vision is gone. And asteroids aren't stationary so his aim is going to be really unstable. And then they use sniper rifles at point blank range? I notice this sort of stuff, you know.
It's well-drawn for a TV show and they were trying, but the relationships were half-assed and the heart of the drama is way too messy. Last time we had Minmei become a human failure, but this time it was the main character (laugh). People who like this rubbish have a totally different sense from me, so I'd really be happier if they didn't know who I was at all (laugh).
>>
At least F had Lion.
>>
>>148537670
Nice fanfic.
>>
>>148533260
I actually felt delta had a better narrative and thematic focus. Also hayafre best couple ever.
It really sucked on the production level though. Its like they had no budget or somethinf
>>
>>148537929

Delta's first half was actually amazing. A shame how things went after that, it's probably becasue it was meant to be a single cour and a movie.
>>
>>148538184
I thought it was still somewhat solid 3/4 through.
>>
>>148538357

Maybe it did, however it had some awful chapters of nothing happens and it suffers from decisions they made back when it was gonna be only one cour, like having a dead Messer and a beaten Shirokishi.
>>
>>148538787
>only one cour
Are you sure? They never planned to resolve the romance at all?
>>
Delta was fucking garbage.

Frontier is outstanding in comparison.
>>
Delta was such a huge step down from Frontier it makes me think Kawamori went senile
>>
Frontier was terrific.
>>
>>148540446
He put too much personal shit in there.
>>
>>148534617
>sheryl
>better than freyja
She would have been if not for the lame alto romance.
Sheryl has no reason whatsoever to give a shit about him
>>
sheryl =< ranka =< kaname < freyja < shinpi's singer

shinpi's < sheryl's seiyuu
>>
>>148533260
>Why won't people accept the fact that Macross F is a great show?
It certainly is next to Delta.
>>
>>148533352
Delta is the worst Macross to come out in the past 20 years.

FTFY
>>
>>148534617
>Delta had Mirage
And she's a shitty angry chihuahua.
>>
>>148541485
The worst part of it is it takes like 10 years for a new Macross TV series to come out so it'll be another decade until we get a new one to wash the stink of Delta off
>>
>>148541613
Pretty much this.
>>
Why does everyone hate delta so much?
>>
>>148541613
There isnt gonna be next one
>>
>>148533260
>"unlike meme show as delta"
what the fuck is that even supposed to mean

learn two fucking write a sentence before you make a thread, you subhuman shitstain
>>
>>148541961
Because it's awful on every level except for (some of) the music.
>>
>>148541961
Because it utterly sucks on pretty much every level.
>>
>>148542050
>Delta killed Macross

Not like this

Not like this
>>
>>148542605
The shows theme is literalyl dying after 30 years
>>
>>148542477
>>148542601
surely not every level.
hayafre was the most satisfying coupling yet, usually macross just skirts around the "love triangles" like a soap opera
>>
>>148542664
Absolute pottery.
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>148542601
Nah, there's one good thing about Delta.

GIRI GIRI AI
>>
>>148542769
The amount of pottery in the show is actually quite startling.
Windermere kingdom = macross franchise. The whole thing is an analogy
>>
>>148542742
>muh shipping
This is the first sign of people having no standard about quality in shows.
>>
>>148542954
quality in anime is pretty subjective
>>
>>148543062
Hayate and Freyja's relationship was in no way satisfying.

They were both annoying and had hardly any personality.
>>
>>148541412
>Sheryl has no reason whatsoever to give a shit about him
She likes him because her diva front doesn't work on him and they are really similar in some regards.
>>
>>148533260
Delta isn't a meme show. It's just bad because of the shitty staff who can't write a decent story.
>>
>>148543202
>because her diva front doesn't work on him
thats why its weak

>>148543177
miragefags pls go
>>
>>148543062
Apparently shipping also comes with retardation.
>>
>>148543439
NO U
>>
>>148533389
Must've been one hell of a breaker for you to be still here then.
>>
>>148543288
Mirage had even less personality, you deluded retard.
>>
Are Rankafags STILL MAD?
>>
>>148545589
Rankafags all killed themselves long ago. They're burning in hell along with Zessicafags
>>
>>148545589
From the looks of it, no.
>>
>>148540233
No.
>>
Frontier was so much better than Delta. The two can hardly be compared.
>>
>>148533260
Frontier was average , but these idiots keep giving us the same pasta every single fucking new series ... they should instead try to create some new plots instead
>>
>>148534617
If she was only half as tall she'd be Sheryl Gnome
>>
>>148537614
The only really good songs in Delta were the first ED and maybe Axia
>>
>>148546028
Speak for yourself, I was always rooting for oniichan. I didn't give a fuck about Zessica though.
>>
File: 1465315333618.png (247KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1465315333618.png
247KB, 1300x1300px
>show is solid and people like it until halfway through
>second half is much worse but still has some great moments
>people start hating it as a whole and calling it the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise
>previous installment gets praised in comparison despite being a slightly different flavor of the same shit
It's like GX all over again.
>>
>>148550501
It's a shame really. Delta's second half was only bad compared to how amazing the first half was. It doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as it gets. GX doesn't either.
>>
Why are people claiming that Delta had better songs than Frontier when Frontier had Yoko kanno as the sound director?
That's just a flat-out lie
>>
>>148533306
>'Friendship and music solve everything' is an absolute bullshit
I think Macross may be the wrong franchise for you.
>>
>>148551042
I don't know, maybe they listened to the songs instead of reading the staff list.
>>
>>148533260
I recall dropping this show. I don't remember why. All I remember is that the blonde girl was the best girl. I was originally attracted to the green girl, but then I realized the superiority of the blonde one.

>>148545589
Wasn't she dying from an infectious disease when she kissed him. That was a Boss move.
>>
>>148551095
The only admittedly good song in Delta is absolute zero, period.
>>
Frontier's series was absolute horseshit. I've said as much since it aired and even looking back on Delta, despite its horrid pacing that makes Macross 7 blush, it handles its characters much better. Between Sheryl disappearing half way through then stealing the show, Ranka's overall irrelevance despite being hyped as a rival and the inconclusive ending to the love triangle The entire series is a wreck.

The movie fixed the show's failings at least and Delta did the right thing by making the blatant third wheel of the love triangle irrelevant from the start.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.