[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan has gone full Jew and decided to crack down on the anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: jews.jpg (28KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
28KB, 300x270px
Japan has gone full Jew and decided to crack down on the anime industry and all anime and manga has been taken down and is now available to the West on a pay-per-tankobon/episode basis. Ignoring for a minute the impossibility of killing all pirating sites, would you still be heavily invested into the industry? Would you move on to a different hobby? How much would you be willing to pay per volume/anime episode before telling them to fuck off?
>>
This acutally is going to happen in a few years thanks to the new hardware DRM, Intel SGX and protected video path.
>>
>>148504440
I have enough anime stocked to last me 25 years. I calculated.
>>
>>148504440
It'd really depend on how much we are talking about here, but that would probably mean watching less shit or be an opportunity to move on to a different hobby.
I was going to write "more productive hobby", but who am I kidding.
>>
I'm a eclectic person with many hobbies.
If the nips sell their souls completely, I will neither partake in a poisoned chalice nor wilt in the face of adversity.
>>
>>148504440
A per episode format is highly unlikely, it's the age of streaming after all.
In the extremely unlikely scenario of streaming disappearing, since mp3s are sold at 0.99€, I would pay a maximum of 1.49-1.99€ per episode, with a 12ep series at 9.99€-14.99€. First episode should be free in order to judge the series.
This assuming no time limitations, the ability to play the stuff offline on any OS, and variety of resolutions/bitrates/formats, otherwise hell no.
I would probably stick to one series per month, and I would probably be fine with that.
>>
I would just be watching less shit anime.
>>
Nope
Ill just move to VNs only

Which is pretty much what I already do anyways
>>
>>148504819
Eh, not worried about SGX desu. There's probably going to be a sandbox capable of emulating SGX commands that we can access (as SGX is mainly to prevent malicious programs viewing memory, not someone with full access to a computer). Hardware DRM is going to be an issue though, but considering no specific DRM is winning yet they're going to shoot themselves in the foot anyways. Protected Media Path is pure software so it's likely that you can just rip it anyways.
>>
>>148504440
>paying for anything
Fuck that. Not like I could afford to pay for the amount of shit I go through, anyway.
>>
File: 1470945724961.gif (591KB, 270x288px) Image search: [Google]
1470945724961.gif
591KB, 270x288px
>>148504440
>he hasn't downloaded every anime worth watching on his 500TB hdd
>along with every movie, music, game, tv show, comic
Step it up
>>
>>148504440
I wouldn't care. The only reason I stopped buying manga is because fan translation is so much faster.

I still buy anime now. I wouldn't watch as much anime as I do now but most anime is complete shit so I can only see that as a positive.

If I had access to timely English releases of anime/manga that directly supported the industry I'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>148505578
>I still buy anime now. I wouldn't watch as much anime as I do now but most anime is complete shit so I can only see that as a positive.
How does this even work? You watch things even though you think not watching them would be a positive? Do you have a physical addiction?
>>
>>148505702
When something is freely available, and I don't have anything else to do, I'll just put it on. If it's awful I'll stop but I might watch a 2/5 or 3/5 show if I'm bored.

If I had to pay for it I would only watch 4 or 5/5 shows.

I've read plenty of garbage manga and watched trash shows just because I started it so i might as well finish it.
>>
>>148504440
This fucking site
Top Jewery right there
I just want to read dumb webtoons from time to time
>>
>>148504440
The only reason I still watch anime on a regular basis is because it's free and easily available.

If by some miracle the big companies get together and actually manage to kill piracy then that's the day I stop watching anime regularly and will just buy the <5 actual good and worth the money shows that come out every year.
>>
>>148506497
This is what almost everyone will do
And thats why they wont do it, they will lose money overall because most of the money comes from merchandise sales from shitty ass series
>>
>>148505412
>There's probably going to be a sandbox capable of emulating SGX commands that we can access

It can be emulated assuming you have a trusted root key (good luck extracting one from a CPU/TPM), otherwise I think the remote attestation won't work. There is a possibility of debugging enclaves so maybe that's going to be the way inside.

>Protected Media Path is pure software

The latest iteration uses Intel's Management Engine to stop you from taking screenshots/recording protected content on hardware level.
>>
>>148504440
I wouldn't watch anything anymore but I'd still buy figures
>>
>>148504440
Depends.
>>
>>148504819
even if it happens.which its pretty imposible.

you can use a old computer or do simple shit like print/record screen
>>
>>148508343
This

I'm keeping my old PC specifically in case jew DRM gets put in newer PCs
>>
>>148508421
>Intel implement someshit with DRM
>everyone goes AMD

solution1
>Intel goes back to unprotected stuff

solution2
>AMD put DRM too.

solution3
Opensource cracks everthing as always in less than 2 weeks.

no shit like denuvo since there's no code to work with.
>>
>>148508421
>>148508564
China will save us all. They already build their own supercomputers without help, they'll surely flood the foreign markets with their pirate-friendly components if there's the opportunity.
>>
>>148508343
If you use an old computer they won't let you watch the protected content on it or they're going to let watch it low quality, simple as that. This is the reason why you can't stream HD netflix on rooted phones for example.

Print screen can be blocked by Intel's Management Engine which is employed by Protected Video Path, they already use it on modern setups.
>>
>>148508564
AMD has its own TrustZone implementation and Platform Security processor, they are pro-DRM as well.

Open source movement is not about cracking things, it's about creating free alternatives. In fact you won't be able to watch protected content on Linux because some distros actively choose not to support DRM so it simply won't be available.

You have a horrible misconception about how Denuvo works, it's implemented purely in software and there's always code to work with because the CPU has to execute something in the end, it's just heavily obfuscated.
>>
>>148508665
Based China doesn't believe in western copyright laws
>>
>>148504440
I already buy every tankobon from the series I like.
>>
>>148508873
no, because you're overthinking the denuvo shit.

you can't record or print screen an entire game, that's why it works.
but my point is:
no matter how hard you try, there's no way to protect simple media.

even the most fucking protected music can copied with a damn cable and a recoder device.
its not like you need to crack the code of protection to start with.
>>
I would only agree if they gave for free 4 episodes of my choice of every anime that comes out every new season. What's the point of buying shit
>>
buy Air, the best idea of this century.
>>
>>148509063
Okay, I misunderstood why mentioned Denuvo, it's pretty late here.

Audio and video can still contain watermarks on the output to identify the source of the leak or make pirated content detectable by the player (Cinavia). Latest HDCP standard has it in place so even when you can strip HDCP the video comes out watermarked. And recording screen with a camera is a goddamn joke.
>>
>>148507636
>>148509063
So what if we just use the actual output (like a capture card for HDMI/DisplayPort)? At some point it's going to have to come out unencrypted unless they start forcing you to use DRM compliant TV's/Monitors, thereby eliminating most people from ever using it.

I should probably work on some linux GPU hack to pipe video back.
>>
>>148506227
This
4 Cut Hero was kind of fun, but paying per chapter is insane, especially when each one has way less content than even a weekly manga chapter.
>tfw no more dragon loli
>>
>>148509584
In ideal situation you'd want the untouched and unwatermarked (by the way if they ever manage to watermark video server-side in real time as it's streamed say goodbye to physical discs) video so you'd need to compromise the security internally on the device because HDMI capture doesn't give you that and you always have to compress the captured video stream again.

>unless they start forcing you to use DRM compliant TV's/Monitors

People are stupid, easily lured and they don't care. As long the device allows them to play the content they won't care it restricts their freedom. If the majority decides they don't mind the DRM (aka don't know about its existence/think it's some feature) the manufacturers will have to abide.
>>
>>148509584
>>148509579

the big problem is that you can't do that now because we already have technology to pirate shit.

if you want to implement protection on devices, you need to do that in day and it has to be a new standart
of devide, connecttion ETC, or is going to be useless.

everytime old devices are not going to have the protections methods implemented.

>>148509579
a watermark is not a big deal.
recording is not a joke if you do that with a good camera with a calibrated camera in a room with proper light.

>HDCP can be broken by hdmi spliters or conecting a bunch of converters.

>put and old video card to rip stuff.
>>
>>148504440

I only buy full seasons on dvd.
>>
>>148511033
>dvd
pleb
>>
>>148511033
>DVD
I'm actually laughing
>>
>>148504819
>thanks to the new hardware DRM, Intel SGX and protected video path.

And what's stopping japanese otaku/hikkis from recording the screen with a camcorder and uploading that? Sure the quality will be so much worse but it's not impossible to do and many people back in the old days dealt with far worse quality on our second-hand etc VHS tapes.
>>
>>148509649
free chapters are still coming out though,
even if it is super far behind.

im surprised noone has ripped from it yet.
>>
>>148504440

I'd stop watching anime and reading manga if I had to pay for it. The quality is not worth it. I'd rather pay for something worthwhile.

I have never bought any anime, manga or merchandise and I'm not planning to either.
>>
I buy manga series I really like when I can, but anime is just too inconvenient to get where I live. Streaming quality sucks ass so no I won't pay CR or Funi for their shitty translations and shitty encodes.

Mostly if there was a low-cost all-access subscription (yearly or monthly) option for TIMELY, WELL-TRANSLATED manga I'd go for it. My biggest problem is I read series that only live because of fan translations and importing is expensive as fuck.

1. make it cheaper
2. make it at least as fast as the good fan translations (if none exist, then ~ 3 days at most)
3. have good translations with more than one shitty quick proofread/typesetting pass
4. don't try to Jew me more than the distribution process already inherently does
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.