[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Boros have won if he had punched Saitama too deep space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (131KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
131KB, 1600x900px
Would Boros have won if he had punched Saitama too deep space rather than into the moon?
>>
>>148349634
No because saitama could've just thrown his gloves or boots hard enough in the opposite direction to propel himself back to earth
>>
>>148349634
No because then Saitama would just turn around and breathes really hard
>>
>>148349634
No. People try to flaw him for not being able to breath in space but he could potentially hold his breath forever for all we know.
>>
>>148349634
Saitama would then have landed on Boros' planet instead, one-punched its entire civilization and waited for Boros to arrive. Then he would accidentally the ship and go back to Earth.
>>
>>148349822
this, like in my cartoons.
>>
>>148349634
saitama is a man capable of performing impossible feats, we still haven't seen an upper limit on his powers.

i'm sure he could envision the earth, then punch so hard he rips open a hole in space time in order to get back. what, you think saitama can't punch hard enough to open a calculated portal in space time?
>>
>>148349634
No, the only way boros could have "won" would have been to glass the planet and run away and hope he want caught by the literal embodiment of "the hero wins"
>>
>>148349634
Yes. This faggot can't even fly. He can only jump really high. He's not holding his breath long enough to get his bearings in the middle of space.

>>148349776
The gloves would need their own propulsion to move Saitama in any way. Him punching his own glove would simple destroy it. Just look at how much force and mass he needed just to propel away from the moon. The mass of a glove/boot isn't even going to be enough to counter the force of Boros' attack. He would've been propelled out of the solar system and died there.
>>
>>148351245
I didn't say punch, are you retarded? I said throw.
If saitama throws his gloves he will generate momentum in the opposite direction equal to the force applied to the glove when it got thrown, this is like one of the absolute most basic things in physics.
>>
>>148351245
Kids, this is what happens when you drop out of high school. You fail at basic physics. Don't be like this guy. Learn what conservation of momentum is.
>>
>>148351245
>He's not holding his breath long enough to get his bearings in the middle of space.
[citation needed]

>The gloves would need their own propulsion to move Saitama in any way. Him punching his own glove would simple destroy it. Just look at how much force and mass he needed just to propel away from the moon. The mass of a glove/boot isn't even going to be enough to counter the force of Boros' attack. He would've been propelled out of the solar system and died there.
Study junior high school physics, m90. For every action there's reaction. Also look up the law of conservation of momentum.
>>
>>148349634
> would something that didnt happen, happen if it happened

Hmmmmmmmm
>>
I hate opm fags who think saitama can defeat everyone. There a lot of characters from many who stomp him easily.
But i still use saitama to troll marvel fags mostly. Their rage at power level battles is golden.
>>
>>148349889
Or breathe vacuum, or whatever other powerlevel fuckery need occur. He's broken all his conceivable limitations in any case. Realistically, the only barrier he probably has is his imagination/willpower.
>>
>>148352174
How do you defeat a character with the power to win? He's like a powerman. He can only be defeated if the author wants it.
>>
Yes. Saitama can get lost. The moon "broke his fall". That velocity would have likely gotten him into deep enough space that the Earth would have looked like a star.

Even if he held his breath indefinitely, and could somehow generate thrust, if he couldn't locate Earth he'd be screwed.
>>
>>148353629
>The Earth would have looked like a star.

A planet is fucking easy to distinguish from a star. Anyone with eyes can easily pick out Venus, Mars, sometimes even Jupiter in the Night sky filled with stars. The coloration will be different, he brightness as well and planets have a shimmering aspect stars don't have.

It's even easier if you've just been thrown from it.
>>
File: 1447074966572.png (152KB, 425x623px) Image search: [Google]
1447074966572.png
152KB, 425x623px
>>148349634
Possible options:
1. the universe is cyclical. Saitama reaches the edge of the universe and then loops around, crashing into the other side of the planet. He then runs around the planet, back to boros, at multiple times the speed of light to deliver an Infinite Mass Punch.
2. Saitama swims back through space. Yes, he swims.
3. Saitama throws his glove in the opposite direction.
4. Saitama blows in the opposite direction
5. Saitama increases his own gravitational pull, pulling the entire solar system closer to him to the point where earth's gravitational pull attracts him back to the planet
6. Saitama lands on another planet, moon or asteroid and jumps his way back from there. Even if it's from one side of the universe to the other.
7. Saitama uses his cape to slingshot around some other object in space and launch himself back
>>
>>148354099
But Saitama is retarded. He wouldn't have figured it out.
>>
Saitama using the air in his lungs to propel himself backward is an interesting scenario. Let's do some calculations.

It takes about 3 seconds for Saitama to crash into the moon after being released from Boros's kick.

The average Earth-Moon distance is 384,400 km.

That means Saitama was thrown at about 128133333 m/s, or about 42% of the speed of light.

Saitama probably weighs about 80 kg.

At 42% of c, gamma = 1/root(1-v^2/c^2) = 1.10595

Relativistic momentum = gamma * mass_at_rest * speed

So he has a momentum of 1.1337E10 kg*m/s

Normal human lungs can contain about 1 g of air. So, to at least stop moving, Saitama would have to blow this one gram of air fast enough that it has the same momentum as him.

The required speed for the molecules of air would be 0.99999999965c, or a gamma factor of 37815.

This is a decimal faster than what is accomplished in the Large Hadron Collider, and equivalent to the momentum of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier moving at the speed of sound.

So, basically, sounds about doable for Saitama.
>>
>>148349634
Saitama would have punched the nothingness in space to propel himself back to earth

He is truly the One Punch Man™
>>
>>148349634
Didn't Boros punch Saitama to the moon in couple of seconds?

Thats nearly speed of light.
>>
>>148351245
>He's not holding his breath long enough to get his bearings in the middle of space.
Saitama applies human logic on himself.
He had his mouth open in space before he noticed he was in space and only then closed it.

By that point in time air would already have escaped his lungs.
He held his breath, because he thought he had to hold his breath.
>>
>>148353629
See >>148354099

Also add that Saitama seems to be capable of insanely precise movement and movement adjustments aswell as insanely high control of his power.
>>
File: 56.jpg (233KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
233KB, 600x849px
>>148352445
My problem with this "he's a meta joke character" argument is that his power was actually explained in-universe and makes sense.
>>
>>148356604

I can't wait for that scene with Murata. Just the scale of the centipedes is totally different unless Elder Centipede is going to die somehow and Senior Centipede will show back up.
>>
>>148356604
You know that this is not confirmed by word of god.
This is the explanation the scientist came up with.
It is good, but was not confirmed by word of god.
>>
>>148354344
>Saitama throws his glove in the opposite direction.
This one's actually pretty legit.
>>
>>148349889

> The scene was made to let people know that he doesn't need to breathe.

People still thinks he can't breathe in space

I don't understand how dumb these people can be.
>>
>>148349634
or you know, saitama can fart his way back. hell, he could even spark his fart for extra propulsion
>>
Yamcha > Saitama

You know it's true.
>>
Saitama would have just punched the dark matter that exists in space and come back to Earth.
>>
>>148349634
He's indestructible. He has to be in order to survive the fallout of his own punches.

He could literally click his heels and clap his hands repeatedly, using the massive bursts of power for directed thrust.
>>
>>148349634
No, because fuck you.
>>
>>148349634
No, because assuming Saitama couldn't get back somehow, Boros would have prematurely ended the very fight he was longing for.
>>
>>148358829
>Serious Series: Serious Fart
>>
>>148360095
You know what else is indestructible? My DICK when I'm thingken of you bb

*Unzips marriage proposal*
>>
>>148350834
>what, you think saitama can't punch hard enough to open a calculated portal in space time?
>calculated
Saitama isn't smart enough for that part. He doesn't even know any martial arts or anything, what makes you think he'll somehow have enough understanding of space-time to punch open a portal to where he wants to go? He's just unlimited force/speed, that's it.

And I'm not even going to go into whether or not his punch could actually have enough power to do such a thing, this is assuming he somehow can.
>>
opm is truly as cancerous and mainstream as snk
>>
>>148356604
>My problem with this "he's a meta joke character" argument is that his power was actually explained in-universe and makes sense.
Actually, no explanation of superpowers "makes sense". For anyone. That's what makes them superpowers. I still finds it silly that people reject Saitama's explanation of daily training as being unrealistic. His explanation is about as unrealistic as everyone else's superpowers in S class.

It's like how Ironman used to power his suit with "Transistors". That used to "make sense" to the readers because no one reading would know what a transistor is. Trying to say any kind of superpower "makes sense" is just illogical.
>>
>>148349634
No because the condition of winning was beating him in a fight not killing him, he finally found someone who could go toe to toe with him, why would he want to end it in such a boring way?
>>
File: 1469755338944.jpg (194KB, 485x685px) Image search: [Google]
1469755338944.jpg
194KB, 485x685px
>>148352174
>But i still use saitama to troll marvel fags mostly. Their rage at power level battles is golden.

All that ONE would need to do in order to shut the powerlevel fags or the MUH FEATS fags is this

>Make God
>Give him the feats that a end-all-be-all omnipotent force would have
>Creating universes blah blah blah
>Have him talk shit to Saitama
>Gets one punched dead

It's really at the mercy of the writer to do whatever the fuck he wants. OPM is pretty much evidence to it.
>>
>>148363129
>OPM is pretty much evidence to it
>posted a picture with superman
The Flash/Superman is evidence of it.
>>
>>148349634
No because he'll run into a celestial body eventually to propel himself back
>>
>>148349634
No
Saitama doesn't need to breath oxygen
>>
>>148363129
Is that Prime? Superman would never swear like that.
>>
File: 1469754266172.jpg (261KB, 960x595px) Image search: [Google]
1469754266172.jpg
261KB, 960x595px
>>148365155
Some weird OOC fanart this guy drew to make Marvel/DC babies cry, I guess.
>>
>>148365730
>By the gods what the fuck
Ok I'll admit that made me chuckle a little bit
>>
>>148365730
>by the gods what the fuck
this phrase has potential
>>
>>148365730
Would he kill him? He didn't try to kill Jack O Lantern Panic when he jumped him with grorious nippon steel
>>
File: p1301.jpg (106KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
p1301.jpg
106KB, 600x849px
How does one become as based as Saitama
>>
File: 1469754410245.jpg (265KB, 960x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469754410245.jpg
265KB, 960x614px
>>148366139
Nah, Saitama's cool. At the very least he'd knock him the fuck out.
>>
Saitama just has to fart

Did everyone really forget this basic human function? You're all sitting there coming up with fantastical solutions when the answer is right there.
>>
>>148349889
>>148359346
>>148352249
The only evidence you need to know, is that Saitama doesn't die as soon as he leaves Earth's atmosphere.

You see, when pressure drops dramatically, the blood in your cells begin to boil. You inflate to twice your size. You can barely even move. Your lungs explode, if they're filled. Your eyes bulge.

Source: Set Phasers on Stun. Chapter, Return to Salyuz.
>>
>>148349634
>Would gag manga character who is written to be stronger than everything and able to do anything in the universe have lost if X had happened instead of Y?
No. Shut up.
>>
>>148366305
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run, every day.
>>
>>148349776
Realistically I'd bet he'd just pick his nose and fling the booger at relativistic speeds in the other direction.

If you say the average booger has a mass of 1g and Saitama has a mass of 80kg and that Saitama was hit at the escape velocity of the earth (11,000 m/s) then he'd only have to propel the booger at around 95% the speed of light to make it back to Earth (Lorentz factor would be around 3.0).
>>
>>148368558
>>148355488
Saitama was clearly going faster than escape velocity. Nice maths doe.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.