[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katsuhiro Otomo, director of Steamboy and Akira >'The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: md_geist_awsm1.jpg (24KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
md_geist_awsm1.jpg
24KB, 400x275px
Katsuhiro Otomo, director of Steamboy and Akira
>'The skills of traditional animators have become worse, and notable young animators have not come out to the scene. This is a big issue for the industry. '

Hayao Miyazaki, director of NausicaƤ, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away
>"I think Japanese animation is facing a dead end," he said.
>"I think there is a chance that the spread of Japanese animation overseas might only lead to embarrassment."
>And he described younger anime makers as the "copycat generation".

Yoshiyuki Tomino, creator of the Gundam franchise
>"All I can say is that the creative process in Japan is obviously showing a decline."

Hideaki Anno, director of Evangelion
>He feels anime industry is exhausted : A continuing trend of stagnation.
>And said "over the past years, there has been no anime "newer" than Eva."

Satoshi Kon, director of Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika
>He makes a comment: the disposable nature of anime today; back in the days, there was more anticipation and fans digested each work better.
>>
/a/, the best anime board of the internet

>They are all old farts, I hate them, who cares what they think.
>>
>>148331171
>The skills of traditional animators have become worse, and notable young animators have not come out to the scene
He probably should watch One Punch Man, Yozakura Quartet, and Mob Psycho now. Many fantastic young animators on those shows.
>>
>>148331262
actually yes, the anime industry is ok. Why would I give a shit bout the opinion of old animators?
>>
>>148331171
How did Satoshi Kon comment on the current state of anime if he's been dead 6 years?
>>
>>148331439
All over-the-top flashy nonsense with no foundation on actual human animation.
>>
>>148331439
Sakugafags everyone!
>>
>>148331785
/thread
Now come the Kyoanus fans
>>
>>148331615
"The anime industry is okay," says anonymous American with no ties to animation other than consumption.
>>
>>148332272
but muh moe
>>
Turns out you dont need good animation when the industry is sustained by merchandise
>>
>>148331171
Considering anno made the rebuilds I don't consider his opinion to be valid
>>
>>148331171
Is Anno supposed to be relevant? Not very modest either stating eva is the newest
>>
>>148331171
CAN'T STOP
HE'S JUST A SOLDIER
>>
>>148331439
Those aren't traditionally animated.
>>
File: kon-1282883481887.jpg (119KB, 1000x802px) Image search: [Google]
kon-1282883481887.jpg
119KB, 1000x802px
>>148331726
;_;
>>
>>148338102
If by traditionally animated you mean cel animation, then no. But they're still animated traditionally in the sense that keyframing is done on pencil and paper.
>>
>>148331785
>no foundation on actual human animation
That hardly matters as long as it looks good.l
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.