[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really want to download 720p BD? Considering this >most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: cccp-logo-wallpaper-1.jpg (327KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
cccp-logo-wallpaper-1.jpg
327KB, 960x800px
Do I really want to download 720p BD?
Considering this
>most anime are mastered at 720p
>said anime are upscaled to 1080p in the BDs
>encoder ripped from these BDs and encode them to 1080p and 720p
>the latter case means the anime will go through scaling down 2 times instead of just 1 upscale done by studio
I know it's autistic and you won't be able to spot any difference for the most part but technically, you do lose bitrate right?
Also, another matter. Does my CCCP setup automatically remix 5.1 audio releases to 2.0 when in playback to fit my setup?
>>
Wasn't CCCP not updated in like a year or so?
>>
>>148070721
I remember there's this blog in moonrune that has a pretty good list of anime, detailing what anime is mastered at 1080p/960p/720p etc
Does anyone has that link?
>>148070787
It is but I don't really care to be honest. If it's not updated it just means everything still work fine.
>>
>>148070837
>it just works fine

Literally the logic people use to justify streaming.
>>
>>148070837
>If it's not updated it just means everything still work fine
Woah there m8. Perhaps you could say that for files you watch that where made around then but codecs, output formats and encoding change and updates are based around them. HEVC for example.
>>
>>148070721
>said anime are upscaled to 1080p in the BDs
Well, you gotta think. Is your media player scaling better than the upscaling used of the publishers?
>CCCP
So that's a no.
>>
>>148070909
Except that updating CCCP won't grant you superior decode of audio or video.
>>148070943
Doesn't CCCP play HEVC as well? I haven't downloaded any release encoded using that yet.
>>148070991
Now that remind me, if my monitor is 1080p then it will have to scale the third time, from 720p to 1080p during playback as well.
>>
>>148071069
>CCCP won't grant you superior decode of audio or video
I'm glad you put CCCP instead of just updating in general.
>>
>>148070721
>I know it's autistic and you won't be able to spot any difference for the most part but technically, you do lose bitrate right?
Using mpc-hc + madvr with super-xbr, 720p always looked better than 1080p in my tests because how the BD is upscaled is inferior to what madvr can do. Bitrate is tricky and non-linear, so it's hard to make definitive statements about.
You need to test and compare for yourself.
>>
>>148071238
>720p always looked better than 1080p in my tests because how the BD is upscaled is inferior to what madvr can do
That actually sounds plausible, thanks.
Have you ever compared jinc with super-xbr?
>>
As long as you watch your anime windowed.
>>
>>148070837
http://anibin.blogspot.com

Their 955.5p figure is highly debated, tho
>>
>>148070837
I've read on reddit and one of its linked article that the blog's owner method of determining native resolution is outdated as well. Not sure if I can still trust that page anymore but thanks.
>>
File: 1432131711113.jpg (195KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1432131711113.jpg
195KB, 500x378px
>>148070721

Are you watching anime stretched to fullscreen?

Get 1080.

Are you watching in original res?

Get 720.
>>
>>148072125
Their method is fine for the most part, it's just that Kyoani and Ufotables use of blur filters on the outlines messes up their results, so that's why they get non-standard resolutions like 955p for Kyoani shows
>>
>>148070721
>Communism is still a thing
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.