[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in terest/2016-09-20/makoto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 517279_pcl.jpg (31KB, 400x300px)
517279_pcl.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-20/makoto-shinkai-comments-on-your-name.s-10-billion-yen-revenue/.106667

>Makoto Shinkai, director of the hit anime film your name., stated in a recent interview with the "Watching Japanese New Movies" announcer Shinsuke Kasai that he's a bit worried about what the film's success means for him as a creator.

>"The box office revenue exceeding 10 billion yen (US$98 million) is honestly frightening," Shinkai said. "This box office revenue is not exactly proportional to my own ability...I don't have "10 billion yen" worth of merit. I fear the assessment of my merit [based on the film's earnings] is becoming a bit unbalanced."

>Shinkai admitted his bewilderment that the film became such a huge hit, and expressed his humility in the rest of the brief interview.

>When asked if the film is a work he has confidence in, he replied that, "This time without considering anything, I thought I would probably get feedback that it was enjoyable; that's the kind of self-confidence I had."

I don't blame him. Shinkai was a known name but not 'this' known
>>
>>147549530

I'm bewildered too because I hate his movies.
>>
>>147549530
I don't like his movies but I'm happy for him. Seems like a good guy.
>>
Isnt this movie just sappy romance crap and only got popular because women?
>>
at least he admits it
>>
>>147549615
The only reason to watch his shows is for animation and backgrounds which are the only thing that make his anime stand out
>>
>>147549777
>trips confirm
Definitely enjoyed not just the visuals, but also the sequences of the scenes.
>>
Miyazaki 2.0 confirmed, whether you like it or not

Meme'd into reality with COMETS N SHEET
>>
>>147549889
Do you put importance into visual direction
>>
>>147549648
You will never be as humble.

You're the one who shitposts on an imageboard all day and he's the one with billions of yen and yet you will never be as humble.
>>
The only movie of his I liked was Hoshi no Koe. He should remake it with good visuals.
>>
I wish Koe no Katachi or Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni would get this kinda reception, but oh well I hope this movie's okay. Never been fond of Shinkai in the past. 5cm/s is alright I guess.
>>
Just accept it /a/ Normie win a big time BTFO Otashit hard.
>>
>>147550187
It's easy to be humble when my whole talk is going to be documented and recorded.
>>
>>147550979
(You)?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.