[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many Anime and Manga insist on portraying the Yakuza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Yakuza are good guys.png (270KB, 888x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza are good guys.png
270KB, 888x1300px
Why do so many Anime and Manga insist on portraying the Yakuza as goofy good guys that protect their neighbourhood and benefit society while ignoring all the shady shit real Yakuza do?
>>
Most mangaka like having heads

And not having mysterious accidents
>>
>>147251095
The yakuza are more powerful in Japan than the mafia in America ever was.
After WW2, the US employed the yakuza to reorder the country. They have their influence everywhere now.
>>
Because you watch and read shit series.
>>
How about you read something that's not a fucking shounen, dumbass?
>>
>>147251181
I don't buy that argument. Lots of mangakas portray the Yakuza as the evil bastards they truly are yet haven't been killed.
Plus, you see this theme even with criminal gangs that aren't the Yakuza. Jojo Part 5 is about a hero that wanst to make the Italian Mafia a force for good like in the good ol' days.
>>
>>147252458
The yakuza have an important social function in Japan. They aren't just thugs (though they are thugs).
>>
>>147252552
>The yakuza have an important social function in Japan
No they don't. Maybe they did in the past, but now they really are just thugs.
>>
>>147253278
Do you have a single fact to back up that claim?
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (66KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
66KB, 700x420px
>>147251095

It's not like Japan is the only one that glamorizes criminals.
>>
This thread again?
>>
>>147253278

They get shit done when the government doesn't. When the Fukushima earthquake hit, several yakuza families organized supplies and relief efforts to areas the officials either couldn't get to or were too tied up elsewhere to do anything substantial.

Yes, they're mostly operating as criminals, but they actually turn around and help out the community when the need arises.
>>
>>147254474
/thread
>>
>>147251095
>took it upon themselves to keep the unwanted bad guys off this city

Well he didn't even deny they were evil, just not as evil as he thought and this statement is thinly veiled as them keeping the monopoly on crime like yakuza do.
>>
gap moe
convenient power that isn't tied to governments or states
>>
>>147251095
Why the fuck would a shounen romcom show the MC inheriting a ruthless criminal empire? Are you retarded?
>>
>>147254491
They also gleefully operate underage prostitution and drug rings across the country. They aren't good people. Also most are Korean half breeds so they aren't even Japanese.
>>
>>147251095
Why do you care? Also,
>Anime and Manga
>>
>>147255007
Did you not read the reply chain? The conversation isn't about whether they're good guys or not.
>>
>>147255007
>They also gleefully operate underage prostitution and drug rings across the country.
No one is calling them good people. What is your point?
>>
>knowingly romanticized depictions of criminals are unrealistic
Well what a surprise
>>
>>147255083
>>147255087
The point is that they are no better than your average drug gang in detroit. They just have good PR management.
>>
>>147255218
Actually they are better since yakuza are pretty strict about not involving outsiders in their conflicts. Detroid niggas just pop anyone's cap.
>>
>>147255218
I'd say the Yakuza are worse than drug gangs in Detroit, since I'm pretty sure most American drug gangs aren't involved in human trafficking, that's what the Russian mob and the Chinese triads do.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.