[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would they have gotten off fairly easily if they just went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1472965018202.png (333KB, 774x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1472965018202.png
333KB, 774x1400px
Would they have gotten off fairly easily if they just went to the police?
>>
File: hang in there, aiko.png (10KB, 153x145px) Image search: [Google]
hang in there, aiko.png
10KB, 153x145px
I have no idea how strict or lenient Japanese criminal justice system, so I dunno. But even if they did get away with it, they'd probably find another way to fuck up and be miserable anyway.
>>
>>146821423
A good Aiko is a dead Aiko
>>
Aiko was a crazy bitch
Punpun should've killed her in the woods
>>
AIKO DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>146821423
Aiko was a poison.
>>
File: 32149659.jpg (529KB, 582x855px)
32149659.jpg
529KB, 582x855px
>>146823115
>>146823183
>>146823888
If anyone can attribute their faults and misery to bad luck is Aiko. She had the most fucked up family out of the lot and had her self-confidence quite literally beaten out of her, never mustering the courage to run away on her own. She begins to trust Punpun and they promise to elope together but he leaves her hanging, which was also traumatizing. By this point she's already more fucked than most other characters throughout the whole manga and that's still elementary school. He rejects her again in middle school due to being a dense motherfucker and a coward, and she spends the rest of her youth with no friends and taking care of her crazy whore stepmother. By the time she meets Punpun again she's already a husk of a person and he was not the person she could trust anymore.
Seriously, if anyone had it bad in this manga it was Aiko, and part of Punpun's tragedy is that he could have saved her if he acted sooner but by the time he actually tried it was already too late.
>>
the way punpun ends the manga, free and innocent, just makes it look like the police was the best choice

really, after they went to the ghost town it couldnt have ended well
>>
>>146823968
And they could've, you know, had just called the cops or ran away at the first indication she was going to harm them. (I remember it being slightly obvious she didn't want to just chat about her daughter, and Aiko should've known that they should've left instead. Though I can understand her traumatization kind of blurring that notion.)

>>146824095
He's not free and innocent. All he ever wanted was to be left alone and now he's pretty much forced to keep up a facade around these friends and take care of a child. And god knows he thinks he isn't fit for that.

It's was probably the most depressing ending for him.
>>
>>146823968
Exactly. He was better off by letting her go do her own shitty life. Some people are simply poisonous for you, even if it's not their "fault".

Her dying was the best for her and for him
>>
>>146824380
I'm pretty sure one of the reasons child abuse is a problem is because the kids don't usually think about telling the authorities. Their parents are the authorities.
Running away is also not something kids consider until their rebellious teenage phase unless shit's gotten really bad.
>>146824402
In that sense I guess it's fair enough. He was also traumatized by his early experiences with Aiko and it did haunt him for the rest of the manga.
>>
Punpun, you were a cool dude deep down.
>>
File: 1403408039160.gif (974KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1403408039160.gif
974KB, 500x667px
>>146824807
Punpun was a huge faggot at any given time and shape.
>>
Devilman Punpun was just a dick and it was his own fault too. Aiko did nothing wrong.
>>
I only read this recently and haven't seen much discussion i it so I don't know if there's a generally agreed upon opinion on this, but does anyone else think that the post murder, Punpun and Aiko running from the cops sequence went on too long?
>>
>>146821423
what doujin is this, does it give her head?
>>
>>146824877
>that SEELE symbol thrown in
for what purpose
>>
>>146825705
Everything went to shit with Pegasus and after Aiko's return.

Punpun went into maxi faggot overdrive and try to crash the scenario with him
>>
>>146825705
Definitely. It could have done with getting trimmed down.

I also think the subplot about the snot-nosed retard who thought he could talk to god and the other guy should have been cut tho so I tend to want the series trimmed diwn more than most.
>>
>>146825940
The stuff with Pegasus and Aiko's return didn't bother me because I felt like the manga still maintained what made it good, which is that Punpun's misery was relatable and that kept me engaged. I would have been fine with the killing if it was just a set up for the ending, but it went on so long that I felt like the manga lost what made it interesting, Punpun was no longer relatable and neither was his situation. At that point I was glad the Pegasus stuff was there because it let there be more chapters with Seki, and he felt like he embodied the soul of the story more by the edn of it than Punpun did.
>>
>>146826146
>Punpun was no longer relatable and neither was his situation

Yeah that's my point of view too. It went too far
>>
>>146825705
I actually think that's the best part of the whole manga
>>
>>146826146
Seki was always best boy.
I think Punpun is supposed to be relatable enough so you can empathize with some of his flaws, but at the same time to cause a certain degree of disdain towards his continuing failures. Throughout the whole manga he just digs his hole deeper and keeps fucking up, with the murder being the apex, or rather, the bottom. The eloping sequence felt excruciating for me, but it was precisely because I could related specially to early Punpun that it was painful seeing them in that situation. Did it went on for too long? Maybe. But it's supposed to be hell, and I think it got that point across very well.
>>
>>146826401
What was it that you liked about it? I don't think it was bad necessarily, I just didn't feel like it was fitting for it to be so long. I initially thought it was great, and there were some really brilliant moments in there, but somewhere along the line, I just felt like it was drawn out, the shock was gone, and it just felt like something that lacked what made everything before it so engaging.
>>
>>146826593
Not him, but I thought it was well portrayed how progressively bleak their relationship became until the breaking point.
>>
>>146826986
Like the part where they were in the forest and you could realize he pretty much had just given up on her.

That was well done, you could feel that atmosphere.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.