[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are guns fired by EVAs the only somewhat effective firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: biggun.jpg (30KB, 799x175px) Image search: [Google]
biggun.jpg
30KB, 799x175px
Why are guns fired by EVAs the only somewhat effective firearms?
Why not just use them without EVAs?
>>
>>146746957
Because it required the entirety of Japan's power to be pumped into it to work
>>
>>146746957
Because the Evangelions aren't there to defend the world from the Angels, they're there for SEELE's plans and their status as weapons is a side-benefit. But getting the military funding lets them appropriate resources for the crazy "merge everyone together into one super-being" plan, so they ruthlessly crush any other project for fighting the Angels. That's what happened with Jet Alone. In the case of your pic, that particle beam cannon was in fact originally designed for non-Evangelion use, but Misato pulled strings to have it transferred to NERV. They basically stole it, if I remember right they literally rip the roof off of the warehouse so that one of the Evas can grab it out of there.
>>
File: mpv-shot0009.jpg (157KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0009.jpg
157KB, 960x720px
>>146747113
A regular gun also killed the angel on pic related.
And still later on the angels still evaded fire shots sometimes when they were targeted.
If they didnt give a fuck they would just get hit.
>>
>>146746957
how would you carry said guns efficiently?
a tank that big is not an option
>>
>>146748051
Not with that mentality!
>>
File: Asukasip14.png (538KB, 535x750px) Image search: [Google]
Asukasip14.png
538KB, 535x750px
They fire through the Eva's AT fields so that the combination of AT field and Bullet pierces through the Angel's AT fields and hits them directly. Pretty sure Ritsuko talks about this very early on.
>>
>>146747439
Remember, that episode was animated by the Koreans. They gave Nadia the same treatment.
>>
>>146749151
Its still Anno who told them what to do
>>
>>146749194
Actually Shinji Higuchi was in charge of the Korean team.
>>
>>146746957
because AT Fields and penetration and stuff

don't read into it too deep, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny
>>
>>146746957
Well the weapon in the pic was made in less than a day.
I guess the Eva can be considered as a make-shift guidance computer system.
>>146747439
It's AT-Field was down so it can release its acid.
>>
File: master.png (271KB, 624x476px) Image search: [Google]
master.png
271KB, 624x476px
>>146749285
2DEEP4ME huh?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.