[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My problems with this list would be: >I don't know what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: essential anime.jpg (1MB, 1430x5450px) Image search: [Google]
essential anime.jpg
1MB, 1430x5450px
My problems with this list would be:
>I don't know what's really significant about Fantastic Children
>Midnight Parasites is a better Yoji Kuri choice than Au Fou
>1001 Nights but no Belladonna
>no Animal Treasure Island or Ali baba
>no FLCL
>>
>>146715901
Back to r.eddit.
>>
>>146715901
>>146715901
Thats because you are a pleb. Educate yourself.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>I don't know what's really significant about Fantastic Children
Doublas watched it.
>>
No anime is essential, they are all the same crap.
>>
>>146715901
This list is cancer so as you.
>>
>>146715901
>castle of cagliostrio
>the least Lupin of nearly every Lupin iteration
I'd say the original Lupin series is more important and better when it comes to the Lupin franchise and for anime in general as the first half of the series was a far cry from anime of the time in terms of directing and themes.
>>
>>146715901
My main complaint with this list is that Patlabor 2 is on it.

You've already got Jin-Roh and GiTS, Patlabor 2 was just this really odd mess that Oshii created which threw out everything Patlabor was good at. And while it was punctuated with some nice animation, nothing about its art, animation, direction, or production in general is anywhere near as consistently impressive as GiTS or Jin-Roh. It's just this example of Oshii awkwardly imposing his weird homogeneous vision upon a franchise which it doesn't fit at all, turning an irreverent character-driven satire into another tedious political thriller / crime procedural that really felt half-baked.

Also it's hard to take this list seriously when it's got Grave of the Fireflies, Takahata's worst work on it. What a cynical, manipulative hunk of shit that was. You've already got Gauche and Only Yesterday on there, just ditch Grave. Grave wasn't even very visually impressive.

Also Memories should be listed as Magnetic Rose by Morimoto, the other two are irrelevant.
>>
>>146715901
Wait, Otomo wrote the Akira manga AND directed the movie? How did he fuck the movie up so much? How is that even possible?
>>
>>146718861
Jin-Roh is not directed by Oshii.
Patlabor 2 was not a mess. Its on the same terms as GITS, some even like it more.
>>
>>146719073
He didnt fuck anything up. The movie is just rushed. It adapts the first and last vol of the manga. Many things are missing. The manga is better. Characters are exapanded and it offers higher stakes.
>>
>>146719108
The only way in which Patlabor 2 is "on the same term as GITS" is that Oshii sucked all the character out of the source material of both.

Patlabor 2 is better than GiTS in two ways: it has a stronger plot and slightly stronger characters.

GiTS far surpasses Patlabor 2 in tons of ways: exploration of theme, consistently amazing animation, art and design, novelty of visuals, visual direction in terms of both composition and visual storytelling, music, and overall grandeur of vision.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of GiTS '95 either. I prefer plot and character myself, and it had little of either. Jin-Roh is his best work, and the only place where his very singular vision really comes together, despite the fact that, as you say, he didn't direct it.
>>
>>146715901
Why not just list 10 directors?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.