[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on parasyte? Do you think Shinichi's attachment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on parasyte? Do you think Shinichi's attachment to being a human over a half-parasyte or whatever was portrayed well? What important stuff did they change from the manga?
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>146663728
I know most of /a/ hates it but I enjoyed it. Its OST was the shit.
>>
>>146663947
Are you actually serious? The self insert dubstep ost was so out of place. Me and many others felt that the dubstep literally ruined the anime.
>>
>>146664012
>self insert dubstep
What does this even mean? Im not a fan of some of the moments where it gets REALLY dubstep and the bass drops, but there were only a few tracks like that, and those parts certainly werent that bad or enough to ruin the entire show unless dubstep really hurts your autism
>>
>>146663728
But was he REALLY Shinichi?
>>
how would you jack off if migi didnt have to sleep 4 hours a day
>>
>>146663728
Anime's OP was so shit, it made me read the manga instead. And it was good.
>>
Enjoyed how they made it for a current day audience since original setting you can't really tell the year so by not including mobile phones and such you would need additional scenes to explain the year or lack there of.

Still kinda alright ost had a couple great tracks and few things were handled nicely
>>
File: bullshit.png (102KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
102KB, 320x239px
>>146663947
Are you serious? The show was fine but the OST was trash. It just didn't work well and don't get me started on the ED.
>>
Lets talk about this anime actually, because i watched it all the way through and it was engaging, but it did a poor job overall and it was imo a disappointment for me. Nevermind the dumb ost, it fit fine and i didnt mind it.
For the record, i didnt read the manga. The premise is quite cool and it handles the setup pretty well. But over the course of the entire story it introduces kinda large soanning themes and antagonistic presences that dont really come to fruition. Like, the end sort of wraps a nice pretty bow around the world spanning plot of what parasytes are and how they can be eradicated. I think a show like attack on titan (which, personally i disliked, but it does this right) kind of introduces and resolves its own plots in a more satisfying way.
And part of that has to do with the primary protagonist. His character development wiggles like a snake without a head, and at the resolution of the story he hasnt actually really done much. Many pieces of the story are resolved totally detached from him.
The other characters were even worse. Like, other protagonists are introduced and dangled around us for as little of time as the director felt he could get away with to make us give a shit. Compare to like, Erased, where we actually can really dig into the meat of every character and actually sympathize with them as if they were real.
And the antagonists also suck. They're flip floppy and they come and go and i dont think any of them were given enough time to be built.
Probably the manga solves a lot of these pacing issues. But the ending is the most frsutrating, egregious example of bad writing. Dangling the heroin the way they dd was totally pointless. At the stories end it was shoehorned in to give us some finality to the constant setup of tension and suspense, and it just came off as a lazy, easy way to give the audience a last thrill without actually doing anything.

I was totally down with parasyte when it started but it got worse and worse as it went.
>>
>>146665173
>AoT resolving anything
>Characters in erased having depth
Is this b8?
>>
>>146663728
Fucking Hirama was the actual villain
He and his faggot men killed the only parasite that was able to feel anything
>>
>>146663728
Interesting premise but the whole monster/human shit was half assed and not treated very well imo. The only moment remotely psychologically deep was when he chased his mother.
After that it felt like another shonen with no real sense of danger or insanity as you would expect from someone infected with such a parasyte.

Also migi is too nice and always on his side, and the final boss fight was shit.

I'd still recommend it tho, because it's still quite good overall
>>
>>146665173
>Compare to like, Erased, where we actually can really dig into the meat of every character and actually sympathize with them as if they were real.

Kek. Not defending Parasyte but erased didn't particularly invested me in its characters, although it was still better than Parasyte, yes
>>
migi and shinichi were the only real characters
shinichi getting pissed after kana's funeral was more impactful than kana dying and having wetdreams about shinichi, they should have just killed off murano too fucking annoying whore
>>
>>146663728
Cool guy, he even plowed the girl
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.