[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just starting the first ep. This sickly-looking unshod loli character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: anohana.jpg (135KB, 458x600px) Image search: [Google]
anohana.jpg
135KB, 458x600px
Just starting the first ep. This sickly-looking unshod loli character certainly is cute, I'll be real upset should anything untoward happen to her.
>>
She dies.
>>
>>146655089
Great show.
>>
>>146655111
Yeah I read the blurb, but thanks for trying to help I really appreciate it /a/non.

Jesus, chick is all over dude's dick. Hammering that dick like she's makin mochi.
>>
She's dead jim.
>>
Good show but I couldn't stand that ending scene.
>>
Oh okay, so she's already a ghost? Seems like she still has the mind of a child but her body is more grown up for some reason? And she's still wearing the same clothes... I guess ghosts don't have to make sense.
>>
So this red-headed twintails is the popular girl / slut childhood friend with a heart of gold I presume.
>>
>>146655548
Her name is literally Anal.
>>
So far the direction and design are great. Dude's house feels so lived in, and his dad had a ton of character despite seeming like a total throw-away. I also like that dead girl is the comic relief character, and her being stupid is actually justified because she has the mind of a child.

>>146655691
Yeah, once I saw the painted nails I knew she was too far gone.
>>
>>146655718
>WcDonald's sighting
gotta add that to my ledger
>>
File: kkk.jpg (366KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
366KB, 2000x1000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKU3rqNFZAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCvuJWRpa3Y
>>
>>146655089
Real good show. Movie sucks cock
>>
Damn, this preppy dude is a dick. But at least I've finally met the girl who was the cutest loli.

>>146655941
>live action
Oh jesus.

>>146656009
The movie is a retelling from dead girl's perspective, right? Do you not like it because it doesn't offer anything new, or because it somehow ruins everything?
>>
>>146656043
>she bullies the bully
Best girl confirmed.

I really hope she's aware of the fact that she's dead. This episode needs to end with her saying "don't worry about me, I'm already dead."
>>
>>146655691
lolwat?
>>
>calls her ugly
>she immediately dies
Okay, it's a little melodramatic. But thank god she already knows she's dead. If there were some tearful scene where dude yells at her telling her she's dead it would just be ridiculous.

Dead girl's mom is a fuckin milf.
>>
>>146656043
I didn't like it because I went in expecting more from the other characters. Its a retelling with a little bit of epilogue. Its honestly unnecessary though. We knew how Menma felt throughout the series didnt need to see it again.
>>
>>146656263
>runs down the street screaming at the top of his lungs
Yeah, it's a bit melodramatic. With a few tweaks to make the drama more measured it wouldn't veer so much into soap opera territory.

Anyway, Poppo is a fucking bro. Please tell me he lives in the shack because he's a jobless hippy who only has that one hawaiian shirt so it's all he wears but is just friendly and optimistic as fuck, never complains, and believes MC right away when nobody else does.

The ED was a little disappointing. Obviously it's supposed to be a mellow come down from the drama of the show, but I was still a bit disappointed.

I kinda wish they had waited till at least the second episode to start making loliXdick jokes instead of opening on dick riding. The sexual component was really the weakest part of the opening, the cooking and father stuff was all great.

Dead girl's VA is giving a really stand-out performance.

The show gets away with surprisingly little exposition. There's nothing I hate more about anime than how much they feel the need to rely on exposition. It could still use less, but it's really not bad.

>>146656484
That's about what I expected. A pretty boilerplate retelling supercut for theaters with one or two extra scenes and a few lines of narration.
>>
>>146656603
Yukiatsu is best girl. Youll understand this later on.
>>
I really like the presentation of the OP, but the song is just okay.

Holy shit, Poppo just delivered so fucking hard. I need a Poppo in my life. What a FUCKING BRO. I love this guy.

If the promise is to take her virginity or marry her or something I'm gonna be pissed. It's probably gonna be "that we all be together forever" so they just all have to promise to be friends again no matter what or something.

Okay, so twintails is putting up a front trying to be what she thinks is normal but really she's still hung up on childhood trauma.

This show does that thing where they just leave out part of the arm of the glasses so they can draw the eye, does that distract anybody else or is it just me?
>>
>>146656944
Is that the dude? God I hope that they find out he's gay or a transvestite or something. That would be a hilarious and amazing way to take Mr. Perfect down a peg.
>>
Menma make my kokoro go doki doki
>>
DAMN, bitch just straight up called her a whore to her FACE!

Okay, so twintails wanted MC's D. That adds up.

>>146657168
She is definitely heartboner material.

>rides a scooter
>eight ball helmet
>takes odd jobs to fund globe-trotting sex tourism lifestyle
>immediately starts spreading the gospel of MC that dead girl is back without a second thought
Nobody has ever bro'd as hard as this guy.
>>
Holy shit, I want hawaiian shirt dude to hang out with cargo-pants-and-beanie dad so fucking much. What is this show doing to me?

Two eps and they're already sexualizing the loli too much. I guess you've gotta move that product.

When twintails turned that hose on my boy Poppo I thought for a second that they had hooked up in the past. That would have been awesome.

>this scene... feels really nostalgic
>I'm happy!
Thanks for telling me what's happening in the scene, anime.

Holy crap if this dude puts on menma's old dress I'm gonna flip my shit.
>>
>>146655691
Explain this.
>>
>>146657511
>Two eps and theyre already sexualizing the loli too much.

What the fuck do you even think a loli is for?
>>
File: anaru.png (34KB, 564x420px) Image search: [Google]
anaru.png
34KB, 564x420px
Damn, this ED is way better. So was that other one only for the first ep for some reason? I love how the flowers all change colors and start moving when the chorus comes in. I gotta look up who directed this thing, he's killin it.

>>146657650
Being cute.

>>146657609
pic related
>>
KIMI TO NATSU NO OWARI
>>
>>146657891
Wew lad. I knew I liked her for a reason.
>>
File: kana.jpg (340KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
kana.jpg
340KB, 565x800px
>poppo
>takin a leak behind his shack
>rolled up sleeves
>full on mullet

>beanie dad
>knows his kid is fucked up
>doesn't force him to go to school
>supportive no matter what

This show is brimming with the greatest bros. I swear I'm not gay. And the OP is really growing on me, it's comfy as a mother fucker.

Just realized what all these genki sexualized ghost girl hijinks remind me of.

>I-It's not like I came because you asked me to!
Really?

Damn, what a gaggle of cantankerous bitches.
>>
Holy shit, this dude dresses up like dead girl, doesn't he?
>>
I'm gonna assume this dude is just fucking them to be a dick and didn't actually see dead girl. That would get sorta unwieldy if all of a sudden they were all seeing different versions of dead girl, though the show did a pretty good job of setting up what I'm gonna assume for now is a mislead. Poppo sees a girl in a white dress and says it had to be dead girl, but then dead girl says she hasn't left the house, and slutty chick is in a white dress like dead girl, and now dickhead says he also saw dead girl. They've set up both possibilities pretty effectively. Who wrote this thing anyway? They did a decent job.

>Okada

Oh. So is this thing gonna go totally off the rails halfway through? It's pretty well put together for an anime original, anyway.
>>
God what a fucking prick with his smug little smirk. I can't wait till they out him for cross-dressing as dead girl.

What is it about starting the ED a few seconds before the actual end of the episode that raises a show a full letter grade?

>menma running around looking for herself
Genius.

Holy fuck! Poppo saw dickhead walking around in his menma outfit didn't he?? That's how she knew about the ribbon! Calling it! What the fuck is this wackjob's deal?
>>
File: 1253264478711.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1253264478711.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>146657911
>4 years ago
>>
File: 1445949629717.png (127KB, 527x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1445949629717.png
127KB, 527x1393px
>dat side ponytail

Wow, this dude is a nutjob.

>in love with some girl when he's like seven
>gets rejected
>she dies
>dresses up like dead girl a decade later
Yeah, that's a pretty reasonable response.

Here's my problem with this show. If it ends up being thematically about how grade school crushes when you're seven years old are actually the most important thing in the world and you never get over them, then I won't be able to take it seriously. Both the dudes love dead girl (Poppo is the only one who has actually moved past any of this shit at all, he's just a womanizer now), twintails loves MC, and stuck up bitch loves transvestite dude. And they all have since they were tiny little babies. That's a fucking dumb motivation for all of those characters. Maybe one or two, sure, but when somebody says "hey I've been in love with you since we were tiny little babies" the most normal response in the world is "what the fuck, how have you not gotten past it by now?" If that's the case it doesn't mean I'll dislike the show because it can still be well executed, but it does mean that I'll think it's thematically weak and that the characters don't really ring true. It's a shame because I've really enjoyed all the characters up until now.

Let me preface this by saying that stuck up bitch is one of my favorite characters, probably right behind Poppo. But when she takes out that old hair pin and puts it in, the only thing that I can think is "this bitch is fucking crazy!" Obviously anybody who had a childhood friend die would be a little fucked up, but I don't even see how this is related. As far as I can tell she's just plain old crazy, and this show is trying to sell to me the idea that this is how love works.

Basically what I'm saying is that if they pair off in the end I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
File: chopping onions.gif (3MB, 544x306px) Image search: [Google]
chopping onions.gif
3MB, 544x306px
>>146657911
>>
I just finished this show the other day.

I really liked it, but it didn't make me as sad as I thought it would. It's really heart-warming nonetheless.
>>
>>146660134
> That's a fucking dumb motivation for all of those characters. Maybe one or two, sure, but when somebody says "hey I've been in love with you since we were tiny little babies" the most normal response in the world is "what the fuck, how have you not gotten past it by now?"

Childhood trauma has a ability to stop people from progressing from that point until they have been emotionally able to deal with the trauma itself and move on.

I had a guy in my year in highschool that pretty much stopped living after his girlfriend got hit by a car and died.
Now 10 years later he has just started to come out of his autopilot survival mode and function somewhat like a normal human being again.
>>
So the moral of ep 5 seems to have been "you shouldn't dress like a slut if you don't want to be treated like a slut." The SJWs would be all over this slut-shaming.

>>146660559
>autopilot survival mode
Maybe but that describes me just as well and I don't have any trauma, I'm just a run of the mill /a/non.
>>
>>146655548
>with a heart of gold
Hahaha
>>
>>146660698
>I'm just a run of the mill /a/non.
I would say that is a trauma in and of itself.
>>
I started watching this the other day, i'm on episode 8 right now I think.
>>
>>146655941
Damn, dat 3D yummy Chiriko!
>>
File: bedtime yuris.jpg (2MB, 4191x3023px) Image search: [Google]
bedtime yuris.jpg
2MB, 4191x3023px
Okay, six eps under my belt. I'll wrap this shit up tomorrow.

So far I'm enjoying it. Great direction, strong characters, really impressive attention to detail. All the different settings feel really lived in and it has a very cohesive reality to it. The best way to sum it up, I think is to say that the show has a ton of character. The writing, the direction, the setting, and of course the characters, everything is oozing with character. Like that scene where Anal-chan is cleaning up the shack, and then afterward when they're talking out front and she's still in there cleaning and screams about how gross it is or whatever. What a great little sequence. And me being such a sucker for character, this thing could just about not have a plot and I'd still be into it. I also like that it isn't quite dumbed down to the point where it thinks I'm an idiot. It has setups and payoffs, and it's always dropping nice hints about the next plot point. Plus I've got >>146660495 to look forward to.

>>146660873
Fair enough.

Anyway, bedtime now.
>>
>>146655941
This looks like a high school play. So damn cheesy.
>>
overrated show with a shitty fanbase
>>
>>146657891
>>146658010
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-13/writer/anohana-originally-had-slapstick-erotic-elements
>>
>>146661552
>another ecchi comedy
They made the right call.
>>
To OP: don't worry, the message of the show isn't what you're fearing. It's not anything particularly strong or original, but it's much better than that.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.