[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was this any good? I love utena, and mawaru penguindrum had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1232741542789455431.jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1232741542789455431.jpg
47KB, 800x450px
was this any good?

I love utena, and mawaru penguindrum had huge problems, but at least it was interesting and had a decent premise

I watched the first episode of this when it came out and immediately dropped it. worth a go, or not?
>>
>>146648917
bump
>>
>>146648917
Try watching the fourth episode.
>>
>>146648917
One of the best op of the year. Top 3
>>
>>146648917
I fucking hated this show but then I also didn't like Mawaru Penguindrum at all so yeah.
>>
Don't watch unless you are Japanese, seriously
>>
>>146648917
It was alright. Everyone constantly talking about symbolism and hyping Ikuhara sure didn't help for me.
>>
>>146650326
can I just jump into the fourth episode?

>>146650379
I wanted to like it a lot. in the end, I really just think it's really well directed, but really poorly written.

>>146650395
I might be, actually. that reads more like a warning than a reccomendation though.
>>
well if you watch Utena and Penguindrum you might as well

it's sort of a trilogy thing at this point
>>
>>146650902
yurikuma was completely cringeworthy AND incoherent, just from the first episode. it made me think ikuhara was on drugs.

I guess I'll give it a go anyway. I just couldnt stand the first episode.
>>
it's really straight forward because it's the shortest of the three, which might be a good or bad thing depending on how much you appreciate deep symbolism
>>
>>146651290
I like how it's embedded in the visuals, the music, and the character writing. I dislike how forced it is sometimes. the weird sexual undertones in yurikuma I gues is what turned me off.

imo he really needs either a cowriter or an editor.
>>
It had some fun crazy scenes

No repeating musical segment though
>>
>>146648917
Jesus fucking christ I just rewatched an episode of penguindrum and this show is fucking soul crushing.
>>
>>146648917
I felt like I was too dense for it and that a ton of things were flying over my head. So I stopped watching at episode 4 or 5.

I'm pretty sure I didn't 'get' Penguindrum either, but the family theme is what kept me invested.
>>
>>146648917
yes it was good. easily better than most shows of that season now that the dust has settled.
>>
>>146653375
thanks for the prodding, everyone. I'm too closed minded sometimes.

now that the dust has settled is probably the perfect meme to describe ikuhara shows
>>
>>146648917
I liked it but then again I actually liked Penguindrum

With that said it is the weakest Ikuhara work.
>>
This still makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDeEBDwkG4
>>
>>146654431
wtf I love this show now
>>
>>146648917
It's Ikuhara's best work. No wonder it's so underrated compared to that piece of shit called Utena, since true art usually can't be appreciated by masses.
>>
Be a man and just do it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.