[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anime/Manga aimed at men >MCs are mostly beta males >Anime/Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1454290035163.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1454290035163.png
278KB, 706x412px
>Anime/Manga aimed at men
>MCs are mostly beta males

>Anime/Manga aimed at women
>Male leads are usually alphas

Why is that?
>>
Males want a self insert, females want something they can insert into themselves
>>
>>146623012
Because the MC and the main male love interest are two different things. You'll notice that when a shoujo MC is a male, there's a lot lower chance of muh bad boy rape antics than when the MC is the girl.
>>
>>146623105
/thread
>>
File: 1469278431624.jpg (106KB, 724x717px) Image search: [Google]
1469278431624.jpg
106KB, 724x717px
>>146623105
Good answer.
>>
>>146623105
I don't really get the self-insert thing specially in male MC's case.

I mean women's fantasy mostly involve of attractive males giving her attention but why the fuck most male MC's are so beta? Shouldn't male otakus fantasize themselves being a stud or something alpha?

>>146623172
A male character can be alpha without the bad boy image.
>>
>>146623172
This. Correct me if i'm wrong but a girl's perception of strong female character seems to be way different than a guy's. It seems that for them its less about being powerfull, a good fighter or behaving like a man. For them a strong female character is a one that goes through heavy shit girls usually go but manage to put up with it and come out on top achieving happiness. Usually while not losing their feminity (just more mature).
>>
>>146623012
harem male characters are self-inserts

shoujo male characters are the love interest (aka ones that the self-inserts want to fuck)

so different roles
>>
>>146623666
self insert != fantasy. Otakus want to see a world where they can insert their unchanged beta selves and still succeed through the power of plot.
>>
>>146623666
>A male character can be alpha without the bad boy image.
Hard to achieve when the common perception of an "alpha" seems to be an attractive guy that treats women like shit.
>>
>>146623666
Because in fact there too the authors think about the female public and don't want them to think their heroes are sexually aggressive. Beta males are easier to approach and charm. They won't try to rape you or treat you like an object or a possssion. It's the same reason why some men prefer loli characters. Defenseless, non aggressive females who are easy to approach and you can take your time to seduce.
>>
>>146623792
>self insert != fantasy
>Otakus want to see a world where they can insert their unchanged beta selves and still succeed through the power of plot.
Still a fantasy.

Seriously, if I'm a NEET otaku loser, I'd project myself to the exact opposite of me.
>>
It's not beta, it's being Japanese.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.