[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne ws/2016/08/29/after-almo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 4

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/29/after-almost-55-years-in-anime-the-voice-of-goku-isnt-impressed-by-modern-voice-actors

tl;dr Modern Japanese voice actors are bad

and weeb faggots always say japanese voice actors are far more superior to american ones because "muh real emotions!".

turns out that its all shit no matter the country. You just think japanese sounds better because its in a foreign language you dont understand.
>>
Modern voice actors are just idols or stupid whores who have no talent. Everyone knew that alredy.

By the way who the hell even cares about anime that much I just love fapping to it. Fapping to anime is the best thing ever.
>>
She is just tired of idolshit seiyuu
>>
>>146584069
After almost 55 years watching anime, I'm impressed she's still as bad as modern rookie voice actors
>>
>old people bitching about how things are different
I wish they'd just fucking die already.
>>
>>146584148
This guy has the right idea.
>>
Far more superior doesn't mean good.
What makes Goku's VA so good? Shouldn't she retire instead of milking her one talent?
>>
>>146584069
I think she is just jelly of being an old baba while cute idolu take her place and make more money
>>
The only reason sub > dub for me is that there's more than 10 sub VAs or if there's not I can't tell the difference when they speak in Moon. It seems like there's 10 or so dub VAs that do everything
>>
>>146584069
But she has not range either.
>>
>>146584512
She sold her soul to Toei, they ain't letting her go.
>>146584069
Rina Satou alone proves her wrong.
>>
She already has Alzheimer, she can't remember any of the voice actors she's listened to.
>>
>someone says something bad about the industry
>/a/ gets mad and just insults the old person

You are the problem and cant even see it
>>
>>146584069
>one criticizes all the others
>ABSOLUTE TRUTH
>>
>>146584069
Oh the irony
>>
>>146584512
>What makes Goku's VA so good?
Nostalgia.
She isn't really that good.
>>
Only dubfags agree with her.
The industry is way bigger and more diverse than 30 years ago, tens of thousand of VA's are competing for jobs these days compared to a couple dozen back then.
>>
>>146584397
Miyazaki first. That guy is a disgrace. I can't enjoy his movies anymore because of how narrow minded he is.
>>
>>146584793
The industry is pure garbage and on the verge of collapse
>>
>>146584069
It's just old people complaining about young people, something that never ever changes.
>>
>>146584715
It's a good thing these weeb faggots have no bearing on the industry.
>>
>>146584069
KANAHANA BTFO
HOW CAN SHE RECOVER FROM THIS?
>>
Bitter old bitch
>>
>>146584069
The japanese voice actors ARE superior. Even the American ones listen to them before they dub their characters. It's them who imitate others.
>>
>>146584069
>You just think japanese sounds better because its in a foreign language you dont understand.

I'm not anglo and English sounds horrible to me.
Especially female voices.
>>
>>146584069
Stay mad, even if japanese voice actors were bad english voice actors are even worse at trying to dub anything japanese, deal with it kid.
>>
she's just salty that she only gets to play as Goku and Goku v1.1, v1.2, v1.3 and v1.4
>>
>>146584766
This.
>>
>>146584069
My biggest gripe with dubs, other than plot changes, is its that same assholes voicing everyone usually in the same damn voice to boot
>>
Anime has a lot of typecasting which stifles a lot of actors' ranges, but there's still a lot of talent in the industry nowadays. Takuya Eguchi comes to mind.

That's not to say that VAs aren't a slightly obfuscated idol industry nowadays, but talent still exists.
>>
>>146584865
English sounds absolutely terrible, and not only because of the voice actors lack of talent.
>>
Murrikans are usually better at voicing manly characters but worse at everything else.
>>
>>146584798
He has retired, dingus. Poor bait.
>>
>>146584069
>b-but this is shit too!
No dubfag that doesn't invalidate the shittiness of dubs
>>
>>146584766
Her performance as Black and Dukemon were great though, even though I like sean schemmels goku better.
>>
Goku's VA kinda sucks tho.
>>
>>146584148
>Modern voice actors are just idols or stupid whores who have no talent.
Aya Hirano is a whore with a fuckload of talent. Your arguement is invalid.
>>
>>146584069
Japs voice actor may not be good but they are better than dub, especially most of americans ones.
>>
>>146584992
He has retired from directing, but he's still active talking shit about others.
>>
Voice acting is for hacks that failed at real acting and fell back to VA or had other plans in University and somehow ended up doing VA. Source, I wanted to be an actor and when I failed VA was a 2nd option but I better decided to drop the retarded dream
>>
>>146585088
Kill yourself.
>>
>>146584069
amine was a mistake.
>>
>>146585088
>t. not a bassist
>>
I think she's talking about how the industry became too simple and small. Every seiyuu had 3 or more roles at each series back then and now even famous VAs only dub a small fraction of the series.
>>
>>146585177
Are you a bassist?
>>
>>146585195
what's with all these statements coming from salty old people?
>>
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-01/nana-mizuki-replaces-risa-taneda-in-upcoming-www.working-anime/.105990

RIP in peace.
>>
>>146585275
they got old and their sekret club is invaded by children.
>>
anime is dead
>>
File: e36.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
e36.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>146584069
>implying the japanese voice actors are better meme didnt start when she was in her prime
>implying her taste isnt shit
>implying idolshit seiyus still aren't better than non-jap voice actors who cant carry a tune or cadence or pitch let alone sing and express emotion
>implying bad in japan isnt still better than funimations average

your average abridged series is better than most dubs and thats sad
>>
>>146585363
Every year since 1986.
>>
>>146584069
>turns out that its all shit no matter the country. You just think japanese sounds better because its in a foreign language you dont understand.
The standard for voice actors (especially anime voice actors) in Japan is way higher than in the West thanks to their VA schools and big competition between newbies.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_acting_in_Japan#From_voice_acting_school_student

That lady is talking about variety and 'depth' of voice acting, which is something else than the basic acting skills of the VAs (which is something Western anime dub VAs are often lacking).
>>
>“[Modern voice actors] just watch anime and copy what they hear, so what they do sounds like copy of a copy of a copy. As a result, the depth and breadth of anime voice acting is dwindling rapidly."

Thoughts?
>>
>>146585363
KyoAni killed it
>>
>>146585529
better to copy something good than to produce absolute shit
>>
>>146585443
>That lady is talking about variety and 'depth' of voice acting, which is something else than the basic acting skills of the VAs (which is something Western anime dub VAs are often lacking).

I like how most people won't even read this part of what she was saying.
>>
>>146585443
>variety and 'depth'

I wonder how much of this can really be blamed on the VAs themselves and not on the casting and market forces that keep them in similar roles?
>>
>>146584069
>because its in a foreign language you dont understand.
I watched a literal chinese cartoon the other day and I thought the language and VAs sounded horrible.
>>
>>146584512
>one talent
She's a horrible voice actress, her speech is off, her delivery is off, she's not one to be talking.
>>
>>146585610
fuck you cupid's chocolate was decent, chinese can sound nice once you get a feel for intonation
just wish they didnt steal hayate's OP
>>
>>146585529
I think you can't really blame the actors. It's not like they write the characters they play. A lot of voice actors are hired and directed to do something very specific. Homogeneity of voices has more to do with specific archetypes being enforced and repeated in the characters they play. A voice actor can only do so much with the material they are given.
>>
Reminder that Nozawa didn't say that and it was Fumi Hirano but American anime media is ridiculously incompetent.

>平野:
>実は『うる星やつら』のような作品がそういった流れを作り出してしまったのかな、と思うことがあります。可愛い女の子がアイドルのように活躍する様子をみて、テレビの前の若い子たちが、「俳優」ではなく「声優」に憧れるようになってしまった。
>そして、そうして生まれた声優さんの出演作品を見て、次の世代の子供たちが同じような選択をしていく……。アニメを見て、アニメのマネをして声優になっていくので、コピーのコピーのコピーみたいな感じになっていくんですよね。結果、どんどん演技の幅が狭くなっていってしまうんです。
>>
>>146584069
>and weeb faggots always say japanese voice actors are far more superior to american ones because "muh real emotions!".

>Implying Mah CRYING and indifference that is american cartoons is any better
>>
Aren't articles like this just the Japanese equivalent of the dredge of "Why don't Millennials do X" dreck you see getting made here in the West?
>>
>>146585290
NANA WILLS IT
>>
>>146585832
>American anime media is ridiculously incompetent.

You mean media in general. Haven't you seen how utterly corrupt and incompetent media like CNN have been? Pure liberal propaganda.
>>
>>146584069
Could she handle a Goku, Goten, Black, Gohan and Bardock conversation at the same time?
>>
>>146584174
Love Live has great voice acting though.
>>
>>146585960
SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.
>>
>>146585990
liberal or conservative does fucking matter you pol tard what matters is that they do their fucking job right
>>
>tell others to stop copying copies of copies
>still plays adult goku to sound like a child
she w0t. Understandably there are too many of those high pitch female voices. Though no one cares because they're typically in bad anime or games.

>Nozawa suggested that aspiring seiyuu should build a repertoire by studying the world around them rather than mimicking other voice acting.
Doesn't that essentially mean that she wants them to copy from other cultures? Why even bother with being a seiyuu?
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1136x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1136x583px
>>146586001
She probably could.
>>
>>146585832
Oh and also as usual the translation itself is slanted bullshit. Nowhere did she say anything about "depth", just that because the newer generation get into voice acting to copy the things they liked on TV they have a narrower range. But we're going to have to put up with this "Goku says seiyuu are shit" meme forever because of their irresponsible crap.

>>146586019
Fumi Hirano was in Love Live, by the way.
>>
>>146586108
If Toei and Toriyama wanted Goku to sound different, she'd do it. The point is Goku is still a child at heart and as such, he has a child's voice.
>>
>>146584069
>Old man yells at cloud
>>
>>146585529
By that logic "true" voice acting appeared out of thin air and became its own art form with rules and standards.

Except no one would be able to trace that source because it doesn't exist, that's not how art works. VA's probably copied the film industry, drama actors and the such and dubbing evolved from there.

There is no such thing as the "pure" essence of an art form and anyone putting this kind of argument forward is just an old elitist too bitter to admit that things change and that tastes aren't, by any means, a scientific, rational way of measuring something's value.
>>
File: 1426718699772.jpg (26KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
1426718699772.jpg
26KB, 400x273px
>>146584069
japanese actors are superior to american ones because american dubs are shit.

if one day they can make a dub with normal, real life voices without faking it so much (and without changing the script and add sad jokes) then we can talk about it.

take as an example the italian ones or the french ones, they don't sound fake and cringy. It's how america does this that bothers people about it.

anyways, people watch dubs because they want to hear the real thing. Why watch it dubbed when you can see the original one without changes made?

(INB4 i'm a fucking weeb)
>>
>>146586341
She was a stage actress before becoming a major voice actress
>>
The other bit of context here is that Fumi Hirano started working in radio in 1972, before anime voice acting could even be considered a standalone profession, then started doing anime on suggestion several years later. The really old fucks never had the experience of going "I want to be the woman who voices Lum/Sailor Moon/Sakura/Haruhi/etc." like the following generations so they didn't have the same kind of focus on what kind of voice acting they wanted to do.
>>
>>146584069
American voice actors are shit. They are shit because they are not trying to speak normally. The best English dubs I have listened to were from Singaporeans who spoke normally instead of squeaking their voices because of lack of talent.

Ironically, when you watch anime from decades before the 2000s, a lot of Japanese VAs just read scripts with barely any emotion flowing like they do now.
There are notable exceptions like Megumi Hayashibara, but more often than not, voice acting wasn't really that good before the turn of the century.
>>
>>146586312
>The point is Goku is still a child at heart
A child inside after a lifetime of defending the world against attackers, seeing your friends die, and having to kill people?

His sons have pure hearts too and they don't talk like strangled cats.
>>
>>146585675
well we all know women get their jobs based on the amount of dicks they suck so she has some authority over other female voice actors
>>
>>146585832
Damn, this is even worse than that Hayashibara article.
>>
>>146586843
>They are shit because they are not trying to speak normally

as opposed to japanese VAs? do you honestly think japanese voice actors always sound "kawaii uguu" 24/7?
>>
>>146586843
Even then, there are notable exceptions. Background bit pieces are also phoned in sometimes.
>>
>>146585610
its because chinese is a terrible language to hear.
much like vietnamese where it sounds like they are choking on their own spit every time they say a word.
>>
>>146587388
Yes, there are Japanese voice actors that don't speak normally. But not all of them do. And some of their kawaii uguu voices is simply them talking cuter or lower. This is not the case with American voice acting. American voice acting tries to copy Japanese voice acting, and that creates a sense of unnatural voice acting.
But you are correct. Even today, there are voice actresses that try to sound cuter than their voices should, and the Japanese do notice that.
>>
>they think we only consider jap vas to be better because we can't understand them
bitch emotion travels across country
English vas sound like robots jap vas sound corny at times but you can tell they're feeling those lines.
>>
>>146588451
I think a lot of the issue comes from dubs having to deal with Japanese anime mouth movements. Japanese VAs have the advantage of just having to say things more or less Japanese people would because the anime mouths move with Japanese words. English voice actors have to contend with that and they do end up sounding weird after.
>>
I find a lot of older voice acting to be emotionless though.
>>
That's actually hilarious considering she is one of the only japanese VA that ever managed to get the reputation of having a voice so bad that even people that ahte dubs prefer dubbed DBZ literally because of her voice ruining DB.

Ironic.
>>
>>146588707
People tend to latch on to whatever they hear first.
>>
>>146588755
I watched DBZ in three different versions and her goku was by far the worst.
>>
>>146588755
I heard the Japanese first and still hate it.
>>
>>146588660
Yeah, voice acting tends to be better when it comes to American shows and the like.
>>
>>146587909
>anyone speaking normally in anime ever
The cutesy shit is just the most obvious element of their entirely unrealistic craft.
>>
>>146584069
So I'm supposed to change my opinion on Japanese voice actors because of one woman's opinion?
Voice acting for anime is a huge industry in Japan, and seiyuu are paid well.
Meanwhile voice acting for anime in the US is a handful of failed actors who get paid jack shit.
Doing good voice work in English isn't some sort of magically impossible thing, look at Disney and Pixar, they have access to the budget and talent to do great voice work, even when dubbing over Ghibli movies.
>>
>>146589041
Seiyuu aren't paid well at all, what are you talking about?
>>
>>146589041
>seiyuu are paid well.
They are paid like shit, especially when they start. Why do you think male seiyuu do BL or take as many roles per season, assist to events or appear in tv programs? Just voice acting doesn't pay enough.
>>
>>146587909
>This is not the case with American voice acting. American voice acting tries to copy Japanese voice acting, and that creates a sense of unnatural voice acting.

>this is what weebs actually believe

if this was true. then how come the characters in the DBZ dub dont all sound like dying cats?
Goku actually sounds like a guy. and gohan sounds completely different from his kid voice to his teen voice.
>>
>>146584618

This. And I don't even hate dubs, I'm just tired of hearing the same motherfuckers in every show.
>>
>>146589615
DBZtards please, we're talking about more than the two anime you've seen in your life here.
>>
>>146589041
>seiyuu are paid well.
Only those big names like Miyano and Nana if anything and they still do other stuff like music and stage performances.
But if you're a literal who you might have to additionally work on self-insert fap material for girls where you moan and make sucking noises into a microphone. Or even worse, do this with another seiyuu next to you while recording gay shit.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.