[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! Did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 27

File: Yokoprof2.jpg (544KB, 1260x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Yokoprof2.jpg
544KB, 1260x1596px
>Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Did any group use fansubs for their bluray rip or am I stuck with this?
>>
The dub is better.
>>
I haven't watched the Blu-rays, but how about [CBM]?

Commie's translations for the movies were the best, though.

>>146522380
You can check mine, faggot.
>>
>>146522327
Man, Yoko always stuck out like a sore thumb. They should have just had Kittan's sisters/Nia be the mascot.
>>
holy shit her boob
>>
>>146522497
I spat out my fucking drink, what the fuck. How can that even be comfortable?
>>
>>146522408
I've tried CBM and EG so far.
I'm sure the translation is better, but it just sounds wrong.
>>
File: 1452619526327.jpg (35KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1452619526327.jpg
35KB, 493x387px
>>146522520
>I spat out my fucking drink
>>
>>146522380
I just like listening to them say dumb inspirational shit in English. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>146522640
The english dubs (with a couple of exceptions) can never capture the pure passion of the original.
>>
>>146522520
I'm more upset that there isn't enough tension in that strap to cause that sort of pinching
>>
>>146522721
It's one of those shows where I watched the dub first and I can't really get into the sub the same way.
>>
File: dorites.png (78KB, 345x238px) Image search: [Google]
dorites.png
78KB, 345x238px
>>146522327
What the fuck is going on here
>>
>>146522845
Dubs are bad. The original language whatever you are watching is broadcasted in should be the language you watch it in. There is absolutely no reason to watch a dub unless you're watching with someone who doesn't know how to read or you yourself do not know how to read. I repeat, dubs are not good, and the only reason to watch a dub would be for nostalgia, like in the case of something you watched on cartoon network. People who watch dubs in this way often mistake the feeling of nostalgia they have for the dub actually being good, which is natural, although mistaken.

Watch subs or raws.
>>
>>146522808
The top portion of the strap is clenched by her boob-hand, creating tension in the part of the strap going over her shoulder but creating slack in the lower half.

Or something.
>>
>>146522981
>over her shoulder
*under her arm
>>
>>146522943
>you can't like things because I don't like them
>>
>>146523003
If you like hearing voice actors who get paid $10/hr and don't really have an idea of what the characters are that they are voicing, that's your problem. I'm just here to make a post explaining why you're dumb.
>>
>>146522943
Post-timeskip dub was on par with the sub, if not quite a bit better than it. Kittan, Simon, Nia, Antispiral are all examples where the dub actors put in a lot of passion and fun into the acting.

Like you said, there are always exceptions and this is one of them.
>>
>>146523036
thanks senpai, I don't know where I'd be without you voicing the same sentiment constantly parroted here
>>
>>146523064
That's not even me, it's some other guy.
>>
>>146523092
You're even more wrong then!
>>
File: 1471755692602.png (135KB, 358x449px) Image search: [Google]
1471755692602.png
135KB, 358x449px
>>146523092
>That's not even me, it's some other guy.
Then who are you? Are you me?
>>
>>146522380
>anglos thinking english dubs don't sound as bad to everyone else as nip voices sound to them
>>
>>146523067
It clearly hasn't been parroted enough, because you're still defending a shit dub.
>>
>>146523159
It's kind of unfair to generalize anglos when you just know 90% of the dumb shit, like advocating dubs over subs, comes from amerilards.
>>
>animation is timed to the original language's dialogue
>dubs are out of sync with the animation, causing shitty abbreviations, complete rewrites and even worse things
Dubfags will defend this.
>>
File: 1367342884526.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367342884526.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
>>146523207
>implying anyone cares about what britcucks think
>>
>>146523286
What about inappropriate or nonexistent intonation and lack of emotion in the voices?
>>
>>146523182

>>146523067
#rekt
>>
>>146523319
Yeah.
>>
>>146522327
Anyone?

I checked the dub because of this trolling and holy shit Kami sounds awful.
>>
>>146523286
>lets ignore the many cases of well done dub works because 4kids butchered the naruto dub
>>
>>146523432
Why don't you name all the good dubs for us? I think it'd be nice.
>>
>>146523428
..na
>>
At least when you're watching subs, unless you understand moon, you don't feel that the way they talk is awkward.

In most dubs you generally get that awkward feeling. Delivering chuuni lines and having Nip words be pronounced in another language's accent is disgusting.
>>
>>146523452
Not him, but: Baccano.
Done.
>>
>>146523452
panty and stocking
>>
File: 1469604455813.png (209KB, 637x669px) Image search: [Google]
1469604455813.png
209KB, 637x669px
>dub is better
As a human, it is almost always better to watch art in its original language. Because idiosyncrasies of tone, emotion, and expression often do not carry over in the translation. Either because of the change of actors, misunderstanding during the interpretive process, or because of a lack of care when a work is one-step removed from its creator
>>
>>146523452
Garzeys Wing. Baccanofags wish they had a dub this good.
>>
>>146522943
>Dubs are bad.
As a trend? Sure. As a rule? Fuck no. Reading text literally cannot give the same cerebral response as seeing and hearing someone say something simultaneously.
>>
>>146523452
Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>146523475
The Baccano dub is passable at best. Most people post this video to defend the Baccano dub, and it's not very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHsUfuFVRSQ
>>
>its a subs vs dubs thread
This is now a ghost stories thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
>>
How would dubbers interpret ara ara~?
>>
>>146523530
Well passable is a pretty high bar for dubs.
>>
>>146523491
While I agree with you, that simply isn't the case for someone who is unable to speak the original language. The cerebral understanding that oniichan is different than oniisama does not carry the same weight as understanding it in your gut, so to speak. Most things don't properly utilize subtlety in a way that is culturally exclusive, so what's lost often doesn't impact the core meaning. For that matter , to someone outside the sphere, it may make no difference at all, and not noticing the difference renders it pointless.
>>146523470
You're literally saying "it doesn't sound awkward because I don't understand the words". I guarantee you Japanese people find it just as awkward. Thise that let themselves get bothered by it, anyway.
>>
>>146523616
Ah,
Oh, my
Goodness
Oho
>>
>>146523515
Cowboy Bebop aired on cartoon network, so dubfags often jump to it as an example when they play on people's nostalgia.
>>146523490
I don't even have anything to say to this.
>>146523511
Part of the reason why dubs are so bad is that the hearing and seeing is not simultaneous. If you can't relate to subs because you can't understand intonation and therefore the feelings behind the words, you probably have some kind of mild autism or retardation.
>>
>>146523658
>Cowboy Bebop aired on cartoon network, so dubfags often jump to it as an example when they play on people's nostalgia.
So you're saying it's bad?
>>
>>146523633
>The cerebral understanding that oniichan is different than oniisama does not carry the same weight as understanding it in your gut, so to speak
If people weren't dubfags, this shit would become a gut-instinct after watching more anime.
>>
>>146523698
Yes.
>>
>>146523703
If you watch enough anime you'll know what it's like growing up Japanese
>>
>>146523698
Yes, I am. I've seen some of it, and it is bad.
>>
>>146523658
>Part of the reason why dubs are so bad is that the hearing and seeing is not simultaneous.
What? It matches up just as well as Japanese, i.e. not at all.
>If you can't relate to subs because you can't understand intonation and therefore the feelings behind the words, you probably have some kind of mild autism or retardation.
What does that have to do with how the brain processes letter differently than aural words? For that matter, Japanese has very different intonation than English, and Japanese dubs are very much nonrepresentive of actual Japanese speach. In fact, most English dubs are about the same level of divergence from reality.
>>
>>146523633
>You're literally saying "it doesn't sound awkward because I don't understand the word
I phrased that wrong. I meant that you wouldn't tell that the flow of speech is natural or not. Listening to english dubs as an english speaker, you can pick up awkward deliveries and whatnot, whereas this isn't much the case in the original language.
>>
File: tumblr_m78d36J0RZ1rn0u1co1_1280.png (388KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m78d36J0RZ1rn0u1co1_1280.png
388KB, 640x480px
>>146523703
>>
>>146523705
>>146523738
Then you're wrong
>>
>>146523759
So, yeah, it only sounds less awkward because you can't tell it sounds awkward by way of not knowing the language.
>>
Are japanese voice actor actually good? Are they viewed at the same level live actors are?
>>
>>146523803
Well, the nips can point it out for all I care. I'd rather not be bothered by constantly noticing piss-poor delivery of lines for the sake of listening in my own language. It ruins immersion more than reading subs ever will.
>>
>>146523821
They aren't, but a lot are (relatively) well-known outside of voice-overs. Live-action is still bigger, and even certain US celebs are probably more well-known. It's a bigger industry, though.
>>
>>146523752
>What? It matches up just as well as Japanese, i.e. not at all.
The only reason you can say this is because you don't understand any Japanese, so you will defend dubs. To you, a dub is the same as the raw, because you don't understand language.
>What does that have to do with how the brain processes letter differently than aural words? Japanese has very different intonation than English, and Japanese dubs are very much nonrepresentive of actual Japanese speach. In fact, most English dubs are about the same level of divergence from reality.
I am not talking about the difference between actual Japanese speech and the Japanese used in anime. The intonation in anime is something you can pick up quickly, and if you argue otherwise, you are only proving how stupid dubfags are.
>>
>>146523821
No they've all been sucking this entire time. Every single one of them. You just never knew because you can't understand Japanese. Enjoy your redpill.
>>
>>146523853
Fair enough, though that's not a real argument of whether English dubs can match the quality of Japanese dubs. If that was your intention, which doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>146522327
So how about that blu-ray rip using fansubs? Anyone?
>>
>[this particular english dub] isn't bad guys therefore english dubs = good
You're still failing to realise that you have language bias. It doesn't sound good, it just sounds familiar. All the examples you could pull out as evidence are evidence of your preference, not quality. Preferences aren't necessarily based on quality. Remember that I haven't said that japanese voice acting and its conventions are necessarily good. But they aren't interpretative like foreign dubs are, that gives them a distinct advantage in how appropriate they sound regardless of attempts at measuring objective quality. It doesn't matter whether an anime is 'western-esque' or not, it's an artificial image of what is western, as perceived and constructed by the japanese. Just like when americans make movies about foreign countries and the characters speak english, changing the language wouldn't improve anything because the dialogue is written by americans.
>>
>>146523803
It sounds awkward, but that is the point. It is a cartoon. There is no reason to watch a dub when it is not only awkward but also terrible.
>>
>>146523877
>The only reason you can say this is because you don't understand any Japanese
I'm a subfag but wew lad
>>
File: 1470323420875.png (369KB, 834x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470323420875.png
369KB, 834x720px
>>146523882
next you'll tell me anime was a mistake
>>
>>146523821
I'm not pretty sure, but some seiyuu do have a pretty big cult following.

They're probably not viewed the same way as cartoon VAs in america, though.

>John DiMaggio? Who's that? Oh, a cartoon voice actor? ..who cares?
>>
>>146522943
It really depends on the show. Shows with a more "western" aesthetic or influence would obviously have a dub leagues better than the original (Any of Nightow's works, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, etc.), while any show heavy on dialogue benefit by having a track in the same language as the viewer (Ghost in the Shell, Darker Than Black, Psycho Pass). And then you have cases where the dub is okay, but the soundtrack is replaced with something entirely more fitting (Street Fighter II movie, arguably Dragonball Z). And then you have 80's/90's OVA dubs, which are hilarious and are absolutely the only way to watch them. So yeah, it's a case by case basis.

And watching raws is fucking retarded if you don't know the language, especially if it's a plot and dialogue heavy show.
>>
>>146523877
>The only reason you can say this is because you don't understand any Japanese
It's literally the opposite, fucker. Furthermore, I don't need to understand the language to see that the syllables do not match the cadence of the mouth.
>I am not talking about the difference between actual Japanese speech and the Japanese used in anime.
Neither am I.
>The intonation in anime is something you can pick up quickly
Someone who doesn't understand the language can't understand it as easily because the same intonation can mean very different things across languages. It's obvious that, broadly, emotions sound the same across languages, but any subtlety is lost 100% because each sentence is veing taken as a whole in tone rather than word-by-word. If you read a line of text, that text doesn't carry tone, and a non-speaker can't tell which words are being emphasized at all because they literally aren't being used.
>>
>>146523976
A show or movie with good directing should in theory work even if you can't understand the dialogue, because it's a visual medium. It's when the character doesn't emote or gesture that the viewer is forced to focus on what is said rather than how it is being said.
>>
>>146523658
>I don't even have anything to say to this.
u wut
>>
>>146523976
>It really depends on the show. Shows with a more "western" aesthetic or influence would obviously have a dub leagues better than the original
Dubfags often come back to this point, but unfortunately it is not true. As you can see, this particular poster named Hellsing and Outlaw Star as good dubs which would both be choices influenced by childhood nostalgia. He also names Dragonball Z, which cements this point.

>while any show heavy on dialogue benefit by having a track in the same language as the viewer (Ghost in the Shell, Darker Than Black, Psycho Pass)
Again, Ghost in the Shell aired dubbed on American TV, and there is no way anyone could say that Darker than Black or Psycho-Pass is better as a dub.
>>
>>146524034
>It's when the character doesn't emote or gesture that the viewer is forced to focus on what is said rather than how it is being said.
Or when there is actual information being stated and not raw emotions.
>>
>>146523976
See
>>146523906
>>
>>146524034
>A show or movie with good directing should in theory work even if you are deaf, because it's a visual medium.
>>
>>146523906
So, basically, "It's all a matter of opinion" and "anyone who actively leans one way is just biased".
>>
>>146524034
Are you saying you can magically understand any animated show on a different language well enough just because it's "well directed"? Because if so, wew lad.
>>
>>146524034
The point is that if you're not retarded you should be able to understand the dialogue by piecing together the language by watching the subs. Anime is a visual medium, but that doesn't mean that the audio is secondary. The original audio is the way that the media was meant to be watched, and the way it was watched in its original language. There is no reason to watch a dub.
>>
>>146522943
I sometimes watch dubs to see how the English voice for a certain character is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPVUEJcD3_4
I never thought I'd hear OVER ACTING in an Eng Dub
This guy is chewing the fucking scenery.
>>
>>146524113
>Are you saying you can magically understand any animated show on a different language well enough just because it's "well directed"?
Any show, movie, or game
>>
>>146524113
>>146524079
Yes. Visual communication is much more universal than spoken language.
>>
>>146523905
Yes but you can't download it because nobody wants to seed for needy fuccbois like you so they put it behind private trackers.
>>
If japanese voice actors are so good, why can't I understand them? Checkmate subfags
>>
>>146524144
Have you seen Lain? Eva?
>>
I have a question for you, dubfags; coming from an ukrainian.

How do you tolerate the girls' voices? They sound so obviously like 30 year olds emulating 5 year olds; it's like they're mocking people who watch this. They don't nearly have the vocal range of the japanese, and it sounds way off.

And yes, I know how normal women speaking in conversational japanese sound, and that everybody doesn't speak like in anime.
>>
>>146524185
I don't see the point
>>
>>146524113
Even you can understand it if you use the subs. Just give it a shot, crossboarder.
>>
>>146524062
> As you can see, this particular poster named Hellsing and Outlaw Star as good dubs which would both be choices influenced by childhood nostalgia. He also names Dragonball Z, which cements this point.

Two problems with your little theory

1.) I watched Hellsing well after graduating high school.

2.) Hellsing didn't even air on basic cable in the states, it aired on Starz, so it had comparatively little people watching compared to the stuff airing on Toonami at the time. Furthermore, the Hellsing that aired on Starz was the original Gonzo anime, when most people mention watching Hellsing, they usually refer to the Ultimate OVA's, which didn't air on Adult Swim until 2014. Last time I checked, 2014 wasn't considered "nostalgic".

Black Lagoon is also a case where the dub is unanimously agreed to be better, and not only was it watched by adults well used to anime but, surprise surprise, it didn't air on basic cable until recently either.
>>
>>146524185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgERzy8r_do
This is what dubfags think is good, you heard it here first.
>>
>>146524185
You should pause to consider some alternatives, such as the shows not being as good as you think they are because they're so reliant on dialogue, or that you've completely misunderstood them by focusing solely on the dialogue.
>>
File: .yh.jpg (63KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
.yh.jpg
63KB, 800x457px
>>146522943
Subs are bad. The original language whatever you are watching is broadcasted in should be the language you watch it in. There is absolutely no reason to watch a Sub unless you're watching with someone who doesn't know how to read or you yourself do not know how to read. I repeat, subs are not good, and the only reason to watch a sub would be for nostalgia, like in the case of something you watched on cartoon network. People who watch subs in this way often mistake the feeling of nostalgia they have for the sub actually being good, which is natural, although mistaken.

Watch dubs or raws.

>I wonder how good an argument is when the subject is totally interchangeable and not actually tied to the reasons given.
>>
>>146524194
You literally won't understand a lick of what's going on in either show if you don't know the language or have subtitles.
>>
>>146524125
Elfen Lied had bad directing. A couple of the actors did pretty well in that light, though. Thanks for showing me this clip; I can add another to my short lisy of "acceptable English moe"
>>
>>146524113
Not that guy, but yes. Although, I feel like I have one correction to make.

The voice's tone and intonation, and the visual direction both matter. Even if you don't understand a word, the voice intonation is similar across many languages.
>>
>>146524202
Hellsing is only watchable for Wakamoto, but everyone who comes here from /v/ will defend it. They'll say the dub is good, or they'll say the animation is good (which might be the only other good thing about it) or they'll say the story is good, but it's a shit adaptation and the manga was better.
>>
>>146524238
I've never seen either in English.
>>146524248
The point isn't that they're good, but rather that understanding the dialogue's actual meaning is important.
>>
File: costanza.png (323KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.png
323KB, 600x617px
>>146522327
>dude just put your mind to it you can do anything :)
Americans actually believe this intellectually offensive garbage.
>>
>>146524248
>Relying on dialogue makes a bad show
>>
>>146524187
Little kids' voices in either language is annoying as shit to listen to, so it's more of a pick your poison deal. Teenage girls (and teens in general) tend to fair a little better since localization will usually make them talk like actual teens, and it's easier for a 30 year old to emulate a 16 year old than it is for a 30 year old to emulate a 5 year old.
>>
>>146524250
Your post is literally
>I know you are but what am I
You have no argument. You're just another kid/retard.
>>
>>146524181
>That animebytes account I abandoned years ago because I could find everything on public torrents
Well shit.
>>
>>146524250
>Watch dubs or raws.
This is the best choice, really.
>>
>>146524259
The critical thing is that turning the sound/subtitles back on can't fix directing if it happens to be bad, muting an anime should not have a massive impact. If it does and the anime becomes incomprehensible then it was bad to begin with.
>>
>>146524273
If you've never seen either in english, then why are you defending yet another shit dub? The only reason to watch dubs is if you can't read.
>>
File: 1460578310242.png (46KB, 143x160px) Image search: [Google]
1460578310242.png
46KB, 143x160px
>>146524303
>getting mad your trash argument got btfo
>>
>>146524333
Nice /v/-tier response, really upping the bar for crossboarders. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>146524238
Eva's dub is entertainingly bad though in such a way that it makes watching it even better.

That's what's so great about dubs really, if they're good, that's awesome, if they're bad, it's hilarious, so either way you're in for a good time.
>>
>>146524250
Kill yourself you fucking retard. If you like dubs so much, go talk about them with your normalfag friends, you fat worthless piece of shit. Imagine a world where americans were rangebanned
>>
>>146524187
I grew up with western cartoons where the women used deeper voices. It doesn't bother me unless it's really over the top.
>>
>>146524350
I agree with this 101%
>>
File: Rei_Ayanami.jpg (30KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Ayanami.jpg
30KB, 197x300px
>>146524303
>post what is literally your argument
>get informed I have no argument
>>
File: 1462319740486.jpg (61KB, 384x344px) Image search: [Google]
1462319740486.jpg
61KB, 384x344px
>>146524349
>better call him names since I can't defend my argument
>>
>>146524350
>That's what's so great about dubs really, if they're good, that's awesome, if they're bad, it's hilarious, so either way you're in for a good time.
There isn't a single good dub. The only dubs that people defend are ones where people get immersed more because people are speaking badly in english when they feel that it fits the setting or ones that have a nostalgia factor. I have yet to see a single dubfag make a coherent post.
>>
>>146524356
Yes, we know dubfaggots are american crossboarders. You don't have to tell us.
>>
>>146524308
You can apply again, anon. You can actually get in with the shittiest anime taste; I got in by telling them that I liked one of the more popular anime when I applied a couple of years ago.

But then I lost the account, just like you, and I really haven't had a need to use AB recently. I should probably reapply soon, just in case, though.
>>
It's amazing how quickly this thread turned to complete garbage.
>>
>>146524383
I'm sorry, how did you say you got into anime again?
>>
>>146524379
Your intellect is on the level of a child. You are so fucking stupid that you can't read subtitles but need movies to be dubbed for you. Why the fuck would anyone want to argue with a literal retard? You don't "argue" when a 5-year old says he wants candy for dinner
>>
>>146524315
I usually take the dubs. If it's a sub, I have to ask myself how badly I want to see it, and it's usually worth more of my time just to wait.

I would a never got through Gurren Laggen if it were subbed. First half was boring, but it really picked up in the second half. Cause it was dubbed I could just let it play without paying attention. Not possible with sub's.
>>
>>146524381
Good for you, now sit back, relax, laugh at all the bad dubs, and shut the fuck up. Live a little.
>>
>>146522327

It's pretty bad, yeah. If anyone DOES want to use a fansub and some how get it to work with the bluray release, I think Black-Order subs did the best job with Gurran Laggan. Too bad they only did the first half...
>>
>>146524379
>>146524369
Whichever of you dubfags made that post is obviously baiting with no real substance. There's no need to defend anything, but you knew that, right?
>>
>>146524405
How did you get into watching anime?
>>
>>146524381
>people get immersed more because people are speaking badly in english when they feel that it fits the setting
So just like the Japanese, then.
>>
>>146524352
I do talk to my friends about how dubs are better. And in a world where Americans are range banned, I'd still be here. I don't know what basis you have for assuming I am American. You're a bigot, honestly.
>>
>>146524381
>I have yet to see a single dubfag make a coherent post.
If anyone provides an example of a sub they think is well done, you'll either claim it's nostalgia or just dismiss it outright. There really isn't much point trying to have a discussion about it if you and all the subs only fags get into your fort and jam your fingers into your ears.
>>
>>146524421
I just recently watched it with subs because I'm learning Japanese. I constantly wish I could switch tabs, but I still get lost.
>>
>>146524460
I watched pokemon and toonami growing up. Then it just went from there. Yourself?
>>
>>146524421
>I could just let it play without paying attention
Then why watch it at all you colossal faggot
>>
>>146524534
Same, more or less.
>>
>>146524477
No. You didn't even understand the sentence. People will say things like "Cowboy Bebop is better because it's about white people in space" but what they really mean is "I really like Cowboy Bebop as a dub because I can't understand languages because I'm another amerifat."
>>
>>146524404
It's because it's a sub. If we were all on voicechat, it wouldn't be like this.
>>
>>146524421
All you've demonstrated is that you have a mild to moderate case of clinical autism. Nothing more.
>>
>>146524567
So just like the Japanese Otaku then?
>>
>>146524546
Why not? Someone said it was alright and 4chan only takes up a fraction of the screen, so I threw it up in a second window.

I'm a man so I obviously can't multitask, but since 4channing and watching TV are pretty brainless activities, I can get away with it. Although if the argument on 4chan get intelligent, I do have to pause the show, which only happened once, I think.
>>
>>146524567
Can you make an actual argument about why you dislike the cowboy bebop dub instead of just slinging /pol/ insults.
>>
>>146522578
Use EG retard
>>
>>146524567
"Sailor Moon is better because it's about Asian people in Japan" but what they really mean is "I really like Sailor Moon as a sub because I can't understand languages so I don't feel awkward"

By the way, Viz's dub is pretty good, for fans of the series. It's far better than their other stuff, like InuYasha.
>>
>>146524503
Some people can't accept that dubs are shit, even if you post examples of "good dubs" when they are clearly shit. You're in denial, and I think that is sad. I'm just here to help you out.
>>
>>146524647
you're still doing it
>>
>>146524580
Thanks doctor. But what does that have to do with subs?
>>
>>146524645
Sailor Moon is an anime from your childhood. Your post is not breaking out of the mold, and all you did was just repeat what I said while changing a few words, just like the last dubfag.
>>
>>146524621
There's so much wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin. Gonna up your autism diagnosis to severe, though.
>>
>>146524628
That would require them to acknowledge their opinion is just that, and that just won't do for this tough guy anon.
>>
>>146524661
Here's a shitty dub a dubfag was defending earlier in this thread. It's not a choice influenced by nostalgia, just pure retardation. It's the other type of dubs dubfags like. Please enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4s0mMD5xQ
>>
>>146524684
Can I have some autism too?
>>
>>146524678
I was born AFTER Sailor Moon cam out, HA!

I never watched the original dub, but the new one is great. At least, as great as you can get with that type of adaptation. The show never quite captured the original charm, but it had its own.
>>
>2016
>still defending dubs
sasuga dubfags
>>
>>146524621
This is the face of Reddit.
>>
>>146524717
Just watch a dub, and have a different opinion than that guy about anything. You'll be autistic in no time.
>>
>>146524715
>You know, if you only eat sweet shit you'll end up a fatty mcfatterson.
>Well here's a news flash, flatty mcflatterson!
I know this was shitposting from the start, but I cannot comprehend someone not liking this.
>>
>>146524715
Stocking's voice actress isn't good, but it doesn't seem terrible. That's basically as good as dubs get.
>>
>>146524715
What's the problem?
>>
>>146524628
Everyone's voice was shit except for Jet's. I haven't watched the sub but I wish I did. I fell for the "the dub is great guize!" meme /a/ loves to spout and left with a bitter taste in my mouth. I later found out that I missed out on Hayashibara and Wakamoto by watching the dub. Thanks, dubfags.

PS: no I didn't watch this on fucking Toonami you faggots.
>>
>>146524768
>redditor, both severe and mildly autistic, american, and a school aged child

Boy, this is fun. What will I turn out to be in the next post? A Hillary supporter? A cuck? Will Death note be my favourite anime for some reason?
>>
>>146524715
>Posts a clip from a good dub

So...how's this a bad dub again? You did nothing for your argument except insult other people
>>
>>146524797
See, this is an example of an average person. He watched the dub, realized almost all the voice actors were shit, and then realized the sub was better. This is acceptable.
>>
>>146524797
So you hated the voices, but you watched 26 episodes without switching to the sub? What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1471989520093.png (309KB, 512x772px) Image search: [Google]
1471989520093.png
309KB, 512x772px
>there are people
>in this very thread
>who literally spend their time watching dubbed chinese cartoons
>these people have an extremely bloated superiority complex over those who watches subbed chinese cartoons
>these people will probably kill themselves at the end of the month
>>
>>146524715
They sound like fucking valley girls. How can you fags defend this?
>>
>>146524849
I think you are misunderstanding who has the superiority complex
>>
I wonder how many subfags are millennials born in the mid-nineties that don't know what a REAL bad dub is like so just blindly hate on every dub because they're edgy purists that are probably still in highschool?
>>
>>146524825
Dubs have a disconnect from the originally intended dialogue naturally, since the dubs are almost never overseen by the original writer or director. Anyone who watches the same thing both subbed and dub cannot say the dub is better from a technical standpoint.

No, that doesn't mean your favorite cartoon network dub or baccano is better than the original. It means that in certain cases, people will like the dubs more than the originally intended voices because of nostalgia or because you can't appreciate things in their original language.

You'd probably watch Herzog dubbed if you could.
>>
>>146524857
Because it fits their characters?
>>
>>146524857
>They sound like fucking valley girls.
And it's hilarious.
Also, they sound like they're from the hills, fag.
>>
>>146524857
I agree, they sound like complete skanks
>>
>Sub's are so obviously superior that I must constantly defend them without solicitation
>That's why everyone loves Jehovah's witnesses too
>>
>>146524918
>>146524927
Yeah, Panty and Stocking are definitely supposed to be valley girls. You're both very smart.
>>
>>146524916
>since the dubs are almost never overseen by the original writer or director
which the PnS literally were
>>
>>146524916
Yet in cases like these it fits their characters anyway so it all works out.

And I tend to like whatever tracks I like because I'm not an insecure weaboo with narrow interests that gets anal about people's preferences for watching chinese cartoons.
>>
>>146524910
Anyone born in the mid nineties would be out of high school by now, genius.
>>
>>146524849
>dub fans have a superiority complex
Are you new or baiting?
>>
>>146524985
not if they were held back
>>
>>146524916
Subs have a disconnect from the originally intended dialogue naturally, since the Subs are almost never overseen by the original writer or director. Anyone who watches the same thing both subbed and dub cannot say the sub is better from a technical standpoint.

No, that doesn't mean your favorite cartoon network sub or baccano is better than the original. It means that in certain cases, people will like the subs more than the originally intended voices because of nostalgia or because you can't appreciate things in their original language.

You'd probably watch Herzog subbed if you could.

>oh look, it's this argument again lmao
>>
>>146524956
Come on, you didn't even reply to the third guy! Are you even trying, or can you not see anything else on the screen because you only read the line of text?
>>
File: Anarchy.Panty.full.1463689.jpg (226KB, 1005x795px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchy.Panty.full.1463689.jpg
226KB, 1005x795px
>>146524857
>they sound like what their entire character is based around
fucking boo hoo. If you want a pure Japanese maiden you're in the wrong show
>>
>>146524956
Again, obvious shitposting, but they actually are. Daten City takes a lot of cues from the culture around there.
>>
File: 1471485311612.jpg (154KB, 540x936px) Image search: [Google]
1471485311612.jpg
154KB, 540x936px
Dubs are shit because they''re always accompanied by shit localisation.
>>
>>146524715
I don't remember the original voices sounding this slutty.
>>
>>146524980
>weaboo
Watching subs doesn't make you a weaboo, it makes you someone who eats shit that is maybe 4/5 more delicious than the shit that some dubfag is eating.
>>
>>146524980
This board doesn't take kindly to non-weeaboos. Get out.

>>146524999
You're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>146524999
fuck off /v/tard
>>
File: tumblr_lxmbilfxvk1qeyqtjo1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxmbilfxvk1qeyqtjo1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>146525042
>This board doesn't take kindly to non-weeaboos.
>>
>>146524999
>another dubfag can't respond because he's too triggered
>>146525002
Am I responsible for replying to every single dumb post in this thread?
>>
>>146525062
Good job embarrassing yourself, tumblr.
>>
>>146525042
>>146525057
Don't you think that if I can substitute the opposing side into your argument, and it literally makes just as much sense(or in this case, nonsense), it just might be a poor argument?
>>
File: eYg1zvx.jpg (49KB, 470x492px) Image search: [Google]
eYg1zvx.jpg
49KB, 470x492px
>>146525042
>This board doesn't take kindly to non-weeaboos. Get out.

Is that what they told you on reddit?
>>
>>146525033
Dubbed shit has the chances of laughing at the deliveries and line reads while subbed shit will likely have those same lines, but you won't be able to laugh at them.

I think dubfags win out with this one,
>>
>Visit /a/ for the first time in years to ask a simple question
>Thread turns into this
>>
>>146525097
>it literally makes just as much sense
Except it doesn't because dubs are shit
>>
>>146525097
What you did is the same thing every dubfag in this thread has done, which is replace the word "sub" in my posts with "dub" and vice-versa. This does not make your sentences coherent because you haven't changed anything else and it is definitely not an argument. You haven't addressed any of my points, and this is really the point that I'm trying to get at. Dubfags can't do anything but cry and act like /v/.
>>
>>146525097
I think the fact that you can't even decide if what you did made sense or didn't might be grounds for a poor argument.
>>
>>146525042
Hey man, sorry for having interests that aren't from glorious Nippon. If it makes you feel better, I'll dump all my rock and metal cd's, smash all of my american games and movies, burn all my western books, and replace them all with J-pop, J-Drama's, and Light Novels.
>>
>>146525042
>I don't know what weeaboo means
>>
File: △.png (9KB, 350x308px) Image search: [Google]
△.png
9KB, 350x308px
>>146525138
Depending on how long you've been here, you should know by now that any mention of "dubs" in the same realm as "subs" will result in shit-flinging. Almost as rowdy as "TL notes" together with "localized subs" !
>>
>>146525158
>every dubfag in this thread
Shitposter, let me be real, you realize it's also one guy shitposting in response to yours, right?
>>
File: 1470483541595.png (376KB, 570x573px) Image search: [Google]
1470483541595.png
376KB, 570x573px
>>146525205
>2016
>still owning physical media
>>
>>146525205
You're watching anime from Japan, so you watch it in Japanese, just like you don't watch your Jason Statham movies with Japanese dubs. Is this really that hard for dubfags to understand?

I'll admit that the person you're responding to is retarded, but you're just as bad.
>>
>>146525205
Hm, yes. That would appease me. Go ahead.
>>
>>146525138
You were already answered, though. You could just make a general thread and ask the question there.
I think this has been hilarious,
JUST LIKE PANTY AND STOCKING'S DUB!
>>
>>146525042
>This board doesn't take kindly to non-weeaboos.
>the fucking way you said it

Jesus. I haven't said "kill yourself" to somebody in years, but I really wish you'd do that.

Go somewhere else, /a/ is not for you.
>>
>>146525232
there is more than one person unironically defending dubs in this thread
>>
>>146525217
Does that poster (i.e. OP) sound like any kind of oldfag to you? He literally even told you he hasn't been here in years. Don't know why you're assuming knowledge on him.
>>
>>146525242
Just because I'm not a weeaboo doesn't mean I'm not an otaku.
>>
>>146525247
>just like you don't watch your Jason Statham movies with Japanese dubs.
Do they have japanese dubs for those?
>>
>>146525247
I watch it in whatever language I feel like hearing. For live-action stuff yeah, I'll always watch it in whatever language was intended, but for animation and videogames, it's whatever I feel like hearing. That should be an even easier concept to understand.
>>
>>146525247
>I'll admit that the person you're responding to is retarded, but you're just as bad.
So you, too, do not know what weeaboo means?
>>
>>146525158
If the argument is not coherent. It was not my alterations that caused that. Perhaps you are just seeing how foolish your words are for the first time when they are reflected back at you.

Oh, and it's just me who's been swapping subs for dubs. Not 'every dubfag'. Stop lying, anon.
>>
>>146525310
They have Japanese dubs for all the best movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
>>
>>146525174
Glad we are in agreement. Although you got there via a different route, we both agree the argument was dumb.
>>
>>146524999
>>146525333
How do you keep getting these trips in a dubs thread?
>>
>>146525304
>owning physical media and calling yourself an otaku

Kill yourself. This is not a meme. You are just as bad as that faggot who said that "Weaboos are accepted here." Neither of you know the meaning of either of those words.
>>
Dubs are their own unique work which is completely independent of the original product and neither is inherently superior or inferior than the other and your experience is not that which the creator intended even if you watch subs because not only are you bound to the translators knowledge and interpretation at best you're getting [translator's] version of [anime]

Now stop having this dumb argument.
>>
>>146525333
>Oh, and it's just me who's been swapping subs for dubs.
See, what'd I tell ya!
>>
>>146525242
I used to be all digital when it came to music, but since becoming a metalhead, I've been growing more and more attached to physical media, especially if the album has a kickass cover. It helps that not every song/album I want has a digital release.
>>
>>146525369
Not that.
>>
Let's go full circle.

What do you think about american movies dubbed in japanese?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlG5AXcb-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
>>
>>146525341
I think the japanese guys did a better job. Bane actually sounds intimidating instead of goofy
>>
>>146525355
I am not the original poster you replied to, and I was just joking, but is there anything weird about otaku owning DVDs? Otaku and weeaboo do not imply each other, though weeaboo implies non-Japanese and otaku doesn't imply any nationality.
>>
>>146525333
Another great shitpost. Obviously if you only change some words in a sentence it isn't coherent. Dubfags can't even criticize things correctly.
>>
>>146525394
I prefer japanese sub
>>
>>146525389
Sorry, I'm >>146525232
>>
>>146525423
A weaboo is not someone who watches subbed anime. An otaku is not "someone who owns japanese dvds."
>>
>>146525333
>If the argument is not coherent. It was not my alterations that caused that.
The original argument was coherent. Your poor attempt at trying to debase it, however, was not.

>>146525351
If this is the same person as >>146525333, you really need to work on your reading comprehension. Actually, work on it regardless.
>>
>>146525425
Are you sure about that? I hope not.
>>
>>146525455
Why bother? I watch dubs.
>>
>>146525454
I never implied either, but otaku are certainly the types to buy DVDs instead of owning digital media. I don't know where you think I implied weeaboo meant "subbed anime".
>>
>>146525341
>>146525394
>Kazuhiro Yamaji

Man, this guy is in every Japanese dub I've seen. The same with that other female VA that I can't remember, it's always those two
>>
>>146525454
>An otaku is not "someone who owns japanese dvds."
Not by definition, no, but no one who isn't an otaku would actually by 3 episodes of a 200+ episode show for $60 other than otaku.
>>
>>146525455
>this guy seriously believes that the argument is incoherent because it no longer supports his viewpoint
>>
>>146525490
Great job solidifying an IQ of <70 with that reply, dubfag.
>>
>>146525495
I was addressing both you and that other faggot. Just because someone watches subs doesn't mean they aren't dumb. "Weaboos" in the original meaning of the word are not welcome on /a/.

You aren't an otaku if you're living outside of Japan. It's that simple. Dubfags call themselves otaku because they go to anime conventions. Does this describe you?
>>
>>146525546
>oh, look, it's another dubfag can't understand what an argument is post
>>
>>146525559
I know legitimately mentally handicapped individuals, and I'd prefer you not bring them down to the level of dubfags.
>>
>>146525394
I like banes voice and all but

>no filter
>>
>>146525560
>Weaboos" in the original meaning of the word are not welcome on /a/.
Yes, and I was the first one to call him out on that.
>You aren't an otaku if you're living outside of Japan.
That's wrong, though. An otaku is defined as the same thing as a nerd, but with an emphasis on collecting/hoarding. Of course, by "nerd", I'm using the classical definition of "fanatic". Of course, one can be an otaku for anything: anime otaku, gun otaku, ramen otaku (surprised that one exists).
I've never anyone but non-Japanese claim that only Japanese can be otaku. I've never been to a convention, and I agree that western fans calling themsrlves otaku is silly.
>>
>>146525669
Exactly, so if you're living anywhere but Japan, you're not an otaku, you're a nerd. Calling yourself an otaku is the definition of being a weaboo. It's like using the word "desu" in speech.
>>
>>146525694
I can get behind that, but then we shouldn't use "otaku" in English at all, so you should be arguing about my using it at all rather than as a self-descriptor. I'd still argue that otakuism is distinguished by the emphasis of collection, however.
And as I said, it was a joke. I'm not an otaku.
>>
>>146525751
Okay.
>>
>>146525751
can I still use kawaii?
>>
File: tumblr_marl5clMEy1rn0u1co1_1280.png (383KB, 633x476px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_marl5clMEy1rn0u1co1_1280.png
383KB, 633x476px
>>146525751
>>146525787
>>
>>146525837
This was our moment, fag.
>>146525836
That depends, are you kawaii?
>>
>>146525694
Otaku is practically a loanword in english at this point for people who are really heavily into japanese media.
>>
File: Coast_of_Kauai,_Hawaii[1].jpg (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Coast_of_Kauai,_Hawaii[1].jpg
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>146525866
I'm a tropical island in the middle of the pacific. Does that count?
>>
>>146525904
People only care about Honolulu, shorty. You're not even hot.
>>
>>146525933
>You're not even hot.
What wrong with being mellow? Hawaii is just a blowhard anyway.
>>
File: 1409227424630.png (161KB, 472x599px) Image search: [Google]
1409227424630.png
161KB, 472x599px
>not knowing Japanese
くだらない男たちだな
>>
File: 1470103252302.jpg (50KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1470103252302.jpg
50KB, 515x515px
>>146526059
>knowing japanese
>>
File: former japanese prime minister.png (74KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
former japanese prime minister.png
74KB, 223x349px
>>146526059
>>
>>146526059
hello i am nihon
>>
File: 1430453636761.gif (721KB, 139x140px) Image search: [Google]
1430453636761.gif
721KB, 139x140px
>>146526102
一歩と進めてで日本人になる
>>
>>146523452
Desert Punk
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.