[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started watching thid show at /a/'s recommendation and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: z1wu8k5ccxkt3hepwoei.png (2MB, 1844x1080px) Image search: [Google]
z1wu8k5ccxkt3hepwoei.png
2MB, 1844x1080px
I started watching thid show at /a/'s recommendation and loved every second of it so far. I just hit the greed island arc and it feels like such a monumental step down from the yorknew city arc i almost dont want to continue.

Does it end up getting better? Is this the best arc and in just a huge pleb?
>>
everybody dies
>>
>>146522188
:^}
>>
Next arc gets better but you could get away skipping this arc if it really bothers you, i can spoil you the important parts if you want but you'll still be missing out
>>
>>146522226
:v)
>>
>>146522233
So greed island is basically just a giant piece of shit inserted in between the good stuff? Does next arc reach phantom troupe levels of hype?
>>
>>146522266
the next arc is the best arc
>>
>>146522287
Sheeeeiiit..... is the ed as good as ed2 though?
>>
>>146522266
As >>146522287 says next arc is as good as york new but its very long so get prepared to it being slow
>>
>>146522317
Of course not.
>>
>>146522343
I'll fight you

5/6>2>3=1>>>4
>>
>>146522343
Lol...
>>
The next arc is the high point of the series, just take GI for the fun departure it is. If you haven't seen the dodgeball game and the final fight yet you should wait for them
>>
>>146522146
You have shit taste
>>
>>146522146
skip greed island and watch chimera arc, that's the best one in the show.
>>
greed island is a good arc fuck all you haters

only arc thats skippable is the killua arc after the hunter test
>>
File: kongbakpao_hxh_banner.jpg (376KB, 958x640px) Image search: [Google]
kongbakpao_hxh_banner.jpg
376KB, 958x640px
>>146522146
GI arc is good, Chimera arc is also GREAT it's long but each episode is goodness, I really dig the manga as well, have you read it?
>>
GI was a good arc. You guys are retarded.
>>
>>146522146
>not liking dodgeball
>not liking the final Bomber fight
I don't want this shit taste in my fandom.
>>
>>146522146
>>not liking dodgeball
>>not liking the final Bomber fight

Because 2011 adaptation is shit. Unfortunately 1999's version of GI is also not so great.

High point of the show is York Shin arc of 1999's version. Weeaboos couldn't differentiate good anime.
>>
>>146527020
>can't quote properly
>has shit taste
Kill yourself.
>>
I have no idea what you're talking about. Yorknew was mediocre.
>>
>>146527020
>Older version is better hipster
2011 is better. Deal with it.
>>
Fuck Gon.
>>
All the arcs are good, some are just better than others. I never felt like skipping anything and wasn't bored in any part.
>>
The island in the virtual reality is pointless. His father is just fishing.
>>
>>146522146
I did find the start a bit off when they introduce the video games mechanics but I kept reading and didn't regret it.
>>
>>146522266
GI wasn't adapted all that well, it's one of my favourite arcs in the manga
>>
I think the Chimera Ant arc is shit, but for a lot of people it's the high point of the series, so you'll probably like it
>>
Pika is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>146528494

To be honest, it's great aside from the excessive length.
>>
>>146530440
It has moments of greatness but most of the time you are just reading/watching dull fights against ugly insect-humans. Most of the arc is just shit and I speedread the fuck out of it until about the halfway point. Even after that it has a huge problem with trying to make some of the ants sympathetic or interesting. Basically all the weaker ones given page time were just dull and shouldn't have been included. Like that fucking wolf cunt, why did we need several chapters of that faggot sleuthing and thinking about shit that does not slightly matter to the reader?
>>
>>146530612

I agree. There was far too much fluff. Which is strange, because part of the appeal of HxH to me was always the lack of fluff relative to other shonen. Up until Chimera Ants I don't think he put any focus on a fight or character that wasn't important to the central plots development.
>>
>>146522266
GI has a good ending but yeah much of it is a slog, the pace sucks and it doesn't help that there was a nen training arc back at the tower. You should defiantly push through though because the arc after GI is many peoples favourite.
>>
>>146522266
Pretty much if you only watch the adaptations. Just read the manga and be done with it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.