[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he win? Why did the writer hate him so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: lightyagami.png (146KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
lightyagami.png
146KB, 528x297px
Why didn't he win? Why did the writer hate him so much? Light was fit to rule the world. Anyone who was against him is plain stupid.
>>
because girls likes so much L and girls usually dont think when they are wet
>>
There's really no difference between Light and your average shounen villain?

He's literally a shounen villain in the protagonist seat.
>>
>>146515129
/thread
>>
>>146514755
Because he was as bad as the people he killed.
>>
>>146514755
>Light was fit to rule the world.
No. His only accomplishment was short term capital punishment.
>>
>>146514755
Why did he need to become God? I'd probably do my own Kira thing with a Death Note on politicians and "journalists" but I wouldn't demand recognition for it. Killing off the scum would be all the satisfaction I need.
>>
>>146514755
Because he was too good for this shitty world and such a perfect ending would mark the end of anime and manga as we know it.
>>
>>146515328
He lacked omnipresence, and solely relied on others to do the information gathering part.
>>
>>146514755

He lost because hubris. It's a tale as old as history itself.
>>
File: dfab942c66bac.png (484KB, 652x438px) Image search: [Google]
dfab942c66bac.png
484KB, 652x438px
Light is in purgatory
>>
>>146514755
>Why didn't he win? Why did the writer hate him so much?

Because good must always succeed over evil; or if the editor forces you to make more chapters despite the story being finished. One or the other, I don't get it either.
>>
>>146514755
Light's thought procees was literally /pol/ tier. "The problem with the world is all these bad people! So if we get rid of them, everything will be all sunshine and roses!" The series is a critique of the Western dogma of "personal responsibility".
>>
>>146514755
The writer said every character except Light's dad was evil

Also Light's plan was stupid, he assumes guilt based on whoever the police arrest and get reported on the news. The world knew that a god was killing anyone merely accused of crime by authorities, obviously people are going to game the system. When an emperor rules society with an iron fist, then society has every reason to constantly lie to the emperor. Which is why most monarchies failed, which is why the Chinese empire collapsed the moment they had to go to war with anyone else.

Also dictatorships don't actually create perfect crime-free societies.

And death penalties only act as a deterrent for SOME premeditated crimes, they do nothing to deter crazy people and crimes of impulse- which is most of them

This is like criminal justice 101
>>
Because he was a moralfag.
Seriously, he inherits the power to kill any human whose name and face he can track down remotely, and he uses it for some dumb 'cleansing the earth' bullshit that draws attention to the deaths.
Anyone normal would have written someting like 'Emma Watson comes to Anon's house and becomes his sex slave for ten years then jumps off a bridge'.
>>
>>146514755
The writer didn't hate him. They wanted to end it perfectly on s good note as s work of art piece. Thing is jump execs pushed them to extend it. That's why we got near and Mello after.
>>
>>146516697
>if the task is impossible, the victim would simply die of a heart attack
>>
>>146516421
How does the author feel about it just becomming mental masturbation material for edgy kids who want to kill all the teachers and bullies they hate?
>>
>>146517995
I'd say it proves his point.
>>
Because he's bad and the bad guys can't win because that's bad.
>>
>>146515328
His ego was too big. That was his downfall really.
>>
>>146516511
>The writer said every character except Light's dad was evil

Even that one fuck up cop? He seemed pretty chill.
>>
But he won the match that only mattered.

L died first
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.