[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given that writing is cheap, and animation is expensive. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1456878225164.jpg (100KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1456878225164.jpg
100KB, 600x801px
Given that writing is cheap, and animation is expensive. Why do so many anime have such shitty writing? from a business perspective alone, it doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>146475752
I never could find the source of that doujinshi
>>
>>146475926
it's because you're retarded.
https://exhentai.org/g/636543/d8f54cda9c/
>>
>>146475752
The target audience which buys their BD's doesn't give a shit about writing as long as it gives them the fanservices that they want like cute little girls(for SOL shows with all the cast being little girls), breast and such(for harem/ecchi shows). So yeah, why would you try hard on brainstorming a good plot when all that it needs to get shekels is just to pander the target audience?
>>
>>146475752
If writing is cheap, So does The end product. If the writing is top notch, is not gonna be cheap. Also why spend on good writers, when otakus only like cute girls doing cute things.
>>
Because those are mutual exclusive and good writings can't allow cute girls.
>>
>>146476686
T H I S
And then there are the Shonen gags which will pretty much watch over 500 episodes of the stalest shit and defend it likes it's original and different from every other power level bullshit
>>
What was the last good ORIGINAL anime you watched?
No LN or manga
>>
>>146476790
Learn English you stupid SEAmonkey.
>>
>>146476790
>If the writing is top notch, is not gonna be cheap
it will be cheap compared to the price of animation and voice acting.
>>
>>146476940
AngelBeats, but that's just chance.
>>
>>146476940
No idea, when did samurai flamenco start airing?
>>
>>146476686
>The target audience which buys their BD's doesn't give a shit about writing
>all those filthy otaku care about are their waifus!
>god i hate otaku lol xD am i oldfag yet

Truly, Poe's Law is in full effect everywhere across this board. People actually believe japs are exactly like the caricatures /a/ always portray them as.
>>
Anime probably has a better ratio of good writing to shit writing than most other mediums. Just think of how many shitty, unwatchably terrible TV shows get made in the west that you never hear about or see. If one anime a season has decent writing and 20 non anime TV shows do, you probably still have a better ratio of well written anime to bad anime than well written non-anime TV shows to bad ones.
>>
>>146476686
When will you fuckers stop blaming everything on otaku to make yourselves look like experts? If you've just fucking watched anime attentively for a long time, you'd know this is bullshit.

Good writing needs to be backed up with visual artistry as well. Like how you autists have orgasms over the "Show, don't tell" philosophy, most tryhard writers do, as well.

Simply put, good writing is rare because it costs a lot of money. Or, in other words, because it takes time and talent. And time and talent = money. Generic shit is easier to produce, and there's a general lack of talented people with a drive to do original things. And for good reason.Yamakan tried that shit once, and look what happened.
>>
>>146475752
Since writing is cheap actual good writers don't work for these mediums. See: Videogame writing.

You get what you pay for.
>>
>>146475752
All the good writers don't want to be known for making animu scripts.
>>
>>146478139

are you implying writing in videogames is good? because its not.
>>
>>146478204
I am implying the opposite. Writing is low priority in videogames as well, so the average writing is quite low quality.
>>
>>146475752
Animation is pretty cheap though.
And paying more to your writers won't make them write better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.