[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, fuck. Anyone remember this show called "Kimba The White

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

Ok, fuck. Anyone remember this show called "Kimba The White Lion". I remember specifically a scene where gets shot by some lady and he dies.
Traumatized me as a kid for years since I watched it religiously. Now I can't find that scene anywhere. Do you guys remember any of this shit or am I crazy?
>>
Old syndicated Tezuka cartoons are notoriously difficult to find; mostly because their licencing is so rare.
>>
>>146327172
Thanks Disney
>>
Try a private tracker.
>>
>>146327172
I just need confirmation that the death scene is real anon...
>>146327203
Has it actually been confirmed simba stole this story? Cause it has been a bit back and forth.
>>
>>146326911
I remember seeing occasional episodes on TV about 50 years ago, whenever we went to the big city, where there was such a thing as TV. Don't remember anything like that, though.
>>
>>146327290
>The whole time I worked on The Lion King the name of that show never came up. At least I never heard it. I had never seen the show and really only became aware of it as Lion King was being completed, and someone showed me images of it. I worked with George Scribner and Linda Woolverton to develop the story in the early days but then left to help out on Aladdin. If one of them were familiar with Kimba they didn’t say. Of course, it’s possible... Many story ideas developed and changed along the way, always just to make our story stronger. I could certainly understand Kimba’s creators feeling angry if they felt we had stolen ideas from them. If I had been inspired by Kimba I would certainly acknowledge my inspiration. All I can offer is my respect to those artists and say that their creation has its loyal admirers and its assured place in animation history
>>
>>146327564
The Lion King is just "Disney does Hamlet".
>>
>>146327564
I thought some VAs and storyboard writers admitted to have watching kimba, e up.so I find it hard to believe it never cam
>>
>>146327629
and typos
>>
>>146327502
Jesus, how old are you?
>>
>>146326911
Kimba dies in all but two versions of the story, yes.
>>
>>146327684
I'll be 60 next year.
>>
>>146327684
2020 (+/- 10 years)
>>
>>146328074
>Inb4 hurr durr browsing 4chin at 59 years of age.
Hate those assholes.
>>
>>146326911
I remember seeing this when I was young but I don't remember a scene like that

>>146327773
There were different versions?
>>
>>146327502
Grandpa is that you?
>>
Go buy it (and upload it then after)
Kimba-the-White-Lion-1965-DVD-Box-Set-D at rigthstuf. Looks like it's only available dubbed, but I think in this case it doesn't matter.
Also, seems like there's some episodes in YT in French and Spanish.
>>
>>146326911
>draw a mouse
>call it a lion
>>
>>146326911
Kek. I think I still have the tape of this shit.
>>
>>146327564
Was it seriously just an absurd coincidence the titular lion was named Simba versus the Japanese Kimba?
>>
>>146330599
I still miss him, ;_;
>>
>>146328074
Seriously? Not hating or anything, but how'd you end up here at that age? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>146332434

Is there a law against older people on /a/?
>>
>>146332528
Nah, that anon was probably just surprised. I mean, most people your age I know don't even know how to use a computer let alone post on /a/.
>>
>>146332666
I'm not the person >>146332434 was talking to. I'm somebody else.
>>
>>146332277
Simba is Swahili for lion. The creators of Kimba were intending on using the same name, but there was some company called that at the time, so they had to go with Kimba instead.
>>
>>146332434
It went Cape comics ('60s) => Dirty Pair comic (mid 80s) => various manga (around 1990) => anime on DVD (turn of century) => fansubs.
I've been an /a/non for more than a decade now
>>
>>146328074
Anime is shit, right?
>>
>>146333272
Not all of it is.
>>
>>146327564

I think it's nearly impossible that they haven't plagiarized the show. How they haven't got sued are astounding.
>>
>>146326911
I remember than one episode when some big weird animal dies and it was extinction something something or other. Made me really sad.
>>
>Read the manga
>Ship got destroyed
>Mama lion threw the son out because she wanted him to live
>Captain tried to open the cage but he was too late
>Captain started seeing hallucination because he was too hungry so he sent the baby lion away
>Kimba returned and became lion king
>Had a wife and son
>Wife died due to sickness
>Go on adventure with exploration group
>Became blind
>In the end only the old man and Kimba survived
>Old man almost died
>Kimba forced old man to kill him so he could get food and warm fur
And I thought this is a story for children
>>
>>146337210
Nah tezuka had some demons he took to the grave. All his manga series, even Doraemon, has some real dark subject matters in them time to time.
>>
>>146337524
Yeah I recall that Buddha and Phoenix have some pretty dark scenes too
>>
>>146337524
>doraemon
>tezuka
>>
>>146337524
>Tezuka
>doraemon
>>
>>146337746
>>146337806
Shit... Got my history wrong. The art style is completely different. My bad.
>>
File: astroboy_omega2.gif (352KB, 626x451px) Image search: [Google]
astroboy_omega2.gif
352KB, 626x451px
No, but I remember an episode where Kimba gounds the hunters that killed his father. He finds the skin of his father inside the hunter's hut, and he uses the skin to scare off the hunters.
>>
>>146337524
I find it funny that Tezuka used a lot of sameface in his manga but it works out really well
>>
>>146338065

You mean different characters having similar face or actual sameface/same design? because Tezuka used what he called "star system", and made many of his characters star in different roles.
>>
>>146326911
https://youtu.be/kUqsS3PLsHQ
Think I found the scene. It is near the end of the vid. Surprised how this is a kid's show cause it is not just limbs that does. It is a massacre.
>>
>>146338361
>cause it is not just limbs that does
Not just kimba that dies*
Damn auto correct.
>>
Isn't it actually a movie? I think I have a physical copy of it on DVD.
>>
>>146326911
i used to watch that here in latin america when i was around 8 years old, im 25 right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkSGd_faVZw
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.