[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't this board ever discuss this manga? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

Why doesn't this board ever discuss this manga? It's fucking amazing
>>
>>146109727
How new? If something is good there is nothing to shitpost about. Not enough pure girls in this show to unable waifuposting as well so this series is completely fucked.
>>
>>146109727
The blatant NTR keeps many anons away.
But I agree, it's a great series.
>>
>>146109878
There are plenty of decent girls in this manga and you guys still circle jerk over Berserk and Vinland all day so what's wrong with trying to discuss something that blows that shit out of the water?
>>
>>146110085
read it and find out yourself?
>>
>>146110119
I am already reading Narutaru right now
>>
It kicks the reader in the balls several times. It still hurts.
>>
>>146109727
>It's fucking amazing
This is an 18+ site
>>
>>146110170
No fuck off
>>
>>146110347
If you could google image up a volume cover then you sure as fuck can google the synopsis
>>
>>146109727
Shit sucks. By no means is it "amazing".

Jesus fuck get some standards
>>
>>146110432
I bet this anon enjoyed Bleach
>>
>>146109727
>Plot becomes a cluterfuck after the timeskip
>The MC becomes an irrelevant drug addict two volumes before the end and his dad who didn't get any development becomes the MC for the last two volumes
>Villain comes out of nowhere in the 2nd to last battle
>Art gets worse and worse
>There's a Japanese character who is literally a NIPPON SO STRONG Gay Stu
>Ending fucking sucks

I will always use this image of an example of how bad this manga is and how fucking stupid the people who praise it are. I'm glad All Rounder Meguru is solid though mainly because Endo didn't bite too much he could true and kept shit simple, his new series looks and sounds chuunibyou as fuck though so he's back to his old ways.
>>
>>146109727
I always thought it was odd that Elijah basically drops out of the story for the final arc. After he goes to rehab his story is basically over.

It was an interesting choice to make his dad the main character of the last arc.
>>
>>146109727
Anon, I hate to tell you this, but you're incredibly late and probably 60% of /a/ has read this years ago.
>>
>>146110509
That image is great, though, what's your issue?

Also, ARM was just okay, albeit dull and unambitious.
>>
>>146110509
>mangareader
>>
>>146110509
You sound like you have a pretty narrow idea of what makes a series good.
>>
>>146110753
>That image is great
see>>146110226
>>
>>146110753
>ARM was just okay, albeit dull and unambitious.
Better than being complete shit like Eden
>>146110872
Nah, unlike you I've read tons of great manga. Eden is definitely your first "mature" manga hence why you're praising it. But don't worry you'll expand your horizon someday and realize how wrong you were.
>>
>>146110692
If you look at the catalog any given day I think it's safe to say many have barely read anything outside popular battle shounen/seinen
>>
>>146110887
Wow, you sure showed me. Sorry for not realizing that sexual comedy was below your intellect.
>>
File: 1467560926890.png (806KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467560926890.png
806KB, 732x720px
>>146110984
>sexual comedy
I thought this was a MATURE THOUGHT PROVOKING SCI-FI THRILLER?
>>
>>146110967
You don't have to like it anon. Thats perfectly fine.

But you are sounding kinda childish atm.
>>
>>146110967
>Nah, unlike you I've read tons of great manga. Eden is definitely your first "mature" manga hence why you're praising it.
Do you think I'm OP or something? I first read Eden like six years ago and reread it in late '14, and it held up.
>>
>>146111068
>But you are sounding kinda childish
Says the person praising Eden
>>
>>146111119
Can you go back to your Re Zero thread or?
>>
>>146111119
Bleach threads are the other way
>>
>>146111078
>I first read Eden like six years ago and reread it in late '14, and it held up.
So you never grew up. That's sad.
>>
>>146111044
I don't remember saying that. I don't even remember OP saying that, in fact. And I don't see why a mature series couldn't have sexual comedy in it, either.
>>
reeks of "college sophomore attempts gritty mature storytelling for the first time."
>>
>>146110984
>comedy

So what is suppose to be funny here?
>>
>>146111178
>no IP change
>>
>>146111178
Reeks of someone who never actually read it
>>
>>146111119
Im not even the guy you were arguing with.
>>
>childish people grovel over entry level mature seinen manga that wasn't that great compared to other works out there.

Boy did this thread get lulzy
>>
>>146111178
>>146111119
Hi samefag
>>
>>146110071
>The blatant NTR
where? i dont remember any ntr
>>
>>146111178
It is. Characters die in gruesome ways out of nowhere, a women stabs her new born baby just for fun, then one of the babies who got away comes back as a cyborg to rape her. Great stuff if you're 12.
>>
>>146110692
This. Kek OP this manga has been translated for ages and is significantly popular

>>146110509
Its not that bad its just quirky and can't balance the humor with the serious segments at all. The fact that the manga has "serious segments" just shows that Endo is not committed to his own atmosphere.

>The MC becomes an irrelevant drug addict two volumes before the end and his dad who didn't get any development becomes the MC for the last two volumes

Nothing wrong with nonstandard plot development. Many would praise the manga for lack of plot armor.

>Villain comes out of nowhere in the 2nd to last battle

There are no villains, only characters. You have a problem with how its presented because you are looking for the characteristics of a linear manga, not one spanning many years and many different characters.

>There's a Japanese character who is literally a NIPPON SO STRONG Gay Stu
Yes, but this complaint is superficial.

>Ending fucking sucks
I wouldn't say it sucked but it wasnt that good. He definitely lost control of the story at the end.

>Art gets worse and worse
Didn't notice this at all.

>Plot becomes a cluterfuck after the timeskip
Yes

I'm hesistant to even classify Eden as experimental because there wasn't any revolutionary shit in its storytelling or presentation, but it was atypical and had an interesting plot and setting. Lots of good action, decent art, and it keeps you on your toes, but it left me without any real thematic conclusion. It was like the message is "life sucks, but theres hope." Well I already knew that you are supposed to tell me something interesting.

Also All rounder meguru sucks
>>
>>146110226
>>146110887
>if you disagree with me you're underage
Great argument.

>>146111279
During the time skip his prostitute girlfriend breaks up with him and gets with a new guy. That's the "NTR" people talk about.
>>
>>146111267
>no IP change
>>
I wonder how many of the people who are so aggressively against Eden in this thread are the same person.

Not saying that its a brilliant manga beyond reproach, but I find it hard to believe that multiple people are this aggressive about it being bad
>>
>>146111331
See, this is criticism I can agree with (although I don't really feel the same need for a message). Not just "it sucks, I bet you guys are in middle school if you like it."
>>
>>146111410
It's literally 1 guy in here
>>
>>146111267
>lulzy
Is it 2010 again?
>>
>>146111512
Bleach just ended so the retards from those threads are starting to contaminate other threads
>>
>>146111317
>NO IP CHANGE
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (14KB, 368x117px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
14KB, 368x117px
>>146111630
>>146111373
really dude?
>>
>>146111336
>prostitute girlfriend breaks up with him
she get´s punished by the heavens for that tho
>>
>>146111331
>Its not that bad its just quirky and can't balance the humor with the serious segments at all.
No it actually is bad and the worst thing is that its coming after Elijah is at his lowest after failing to save his sister.
>The fact that the manga has "serious segments" just shows that Endo is not committed to his own atmosphere.
Cue passionate sex scene in the midst of an assassination

>Nothing wrong with nonstandard plot development. Many would praise the manga for lack of plot armor.
Nah, in fact its just a fucking waste of time to spend 15 volumes on one character journey and then go lol nope before the final battle, not like manga hasn't done this before but its tacked on even worse when his father barely showed up.

>There are no villains, only characters
Wrong, this manga has a very black and grey viewpoint. The CEO guy who shows up in volume 16 becomes the main villain out of nowhere your argument doesn't even hold water since barely any of the characters get any substantial viewpoint in their morality they just do shit due to their environment or they're just crazy.
>Yes, but this complaint is superficial.
Nope he's a terrible character and sucks up any sort of grounded ness the manga has when he's pulling of shit you'll see in a shounen manga

>I wouldn't say it sucked but it wasnt that good
Nah it sucked. Some very halfhearted symbolism followed by an unsatsifying final conflict. Can't even give a shit about the former MC because he's so irrelevant at that point.

>Didn't notice this at all.
Then you're blind. His art goes from sketchy and detailed to very simplifed, characters have the same faces and same jawlines and body structure. He got lazy.

>but it was atypical and had an interesting plot and setting. Lots of good action, decent art, and it keeps you on your toes
Wrong on all accounts. Really fuck you and fuck anyone who likes this manga, its schlock that doesn't even know its schlock which would explain why its praised by teenagers.
>>
>>146109727
>>146110509

anyone knows how all rounder meguru ended?
>>
>>146111410
Is this your first Eden thread? The manga gets shit on all the time mainly by waifufags who hated that Helena died but there's always a crusade of people who hated the timeskip. Its not exactly revered here.

>>146111336
>>146111455
>>146111428
>>146111630

And thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>146111331
>An Eden fag hates Meguru

Wow...that's a shocker
>>146111885
Meguru gets the with Maki
>>
>>146111871
kek such a load of shit. nice concluding sentence there too
>>
>>146112145
>average Edenfag
>>
>>146111885
It hasn't ended yet has it?
>>
File: 1461543237901.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461543237901.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>Nobody has actually explained what makes this manga good

That's a sign people.
>>
>>146112227
It ended in March or around that time.
>>
>>146112125
Meguru is just not interesting. It has thoroughly convinced me that a realistic sports manga that focuses on the sport itself ubiquitously is doomed to fail. Other sports manga like Teppuu or kokou no hito or real all succeed because the sport is actually just a premise for the characters that are completely bland in meguru. Endo has pretty much established himself as a mediocre mangaka with a few good ideas.

>>146111871
Almost everything you said was wrong and you are clearly some butthurt MAL faggot who types paragraphs of contrarian horseshit because the manga didn't fit his super specific niche of what is objectively good and whats objectively bad. get the fuck out of here. And I know that you are the only one in dissent here too, its just you the one butthurt samefag rampaging like an autistic ostrich
>>
>>146112227
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38777
>19 Volumes (Complete)
>>
/a/ doesn't discuss most manga unless it's haremshit/cute girls series or long running shounen jump series.
>>
>>146112389
>Teppuu
>succeed
>>
>>146112467
you sure showed me
>>
>>146112389
>It has thoroughly convinced me that a realistic sports manga that focuses on the sport itself ubiquitously is doomed to fail.
Except it doesn't focus on the sport itself, its an SOL about Meguru bettering himself as a person alongside he cast. The biggest failings of most sports manga is that the characters don't have any lives outside the sport (Haikyuu, Kuroko, Prince of Tennis). Endo strength is his grounded characters and dialogue amongest cast members next to Asano hes a mangaka that can make his characters act like real people, Eden was his first stake at trying for a big epic storyline and it fell flat on its face when it stopped being about Elijah hanging around with whores. Megurur feels like a return to form even if the story is unambitious its still solid.
>Teppu
That shit was terrible. The MC was completely unlikable with a shitty backstory (MUH NI-SAN) and the rest of the cast didn't grow and weren't remotely interesting people here just like it because of the asshole MC and art.
>>
>>146112389
>NO U

Boy...you sure showed him.
>>
>>146112738
Try to understand the reasons why you dont like teppuu are analogous to why i dont like meguru. What you call grounded characters, whatever that means, I call boring. Even the expressions are almost constantly static. The deuteratagonist has like 3 faces. the SOL sucks BALLS. I have never encountered a more uninteresting portrayal of daily life than meguru. Once again it is just a bunch of shit, then Endo throws some tits or romance in your face to stop you from falling asleep. Pulling you by the dick is not how you do SOL.
>>
>>146112467
you know teppu was canceled right?
>>
>>146112389
>>146112738
meguru was fantastic
no stakes amateur fighting where you follow the lives of teens and old fighters trying to become strong and learning new shit
avoids all the pitfalls of manga like ippo, firmly grounded in reality and shows true love for the sport
9/10 sport manga right there
>>
>>146112784
No he needs a shovel in his ass because hes made 45 out of the 66 posts in this thread. Its really obvious because he types all his posts the same way, and its always the same shit

>you must be a teenager/virgin/newfag if you think X is good

Not a fucking argument
>>
>>146113059
Well Ippo just sucks. Its not even a manga, its food for the author. So if thats what you are comparing to then yeah its 9/10 in comparison
>>
>>146113059
>>146112942
teppuu had kinda shit fighting, way too serious, everyone had some sort of antisocial personality disorder, MC was worst girl. Maybe you liked the drama i don't know, but the fights felt like some bullshit
>>
>>146113090
Why is he still here? Surely theres a Berserk thread that he'd feel right at home in...
>>
>>146112942
>. What you call grounded characters, whatever that means, I call boring
So characters not being self-aware assholes just because means they're boring.

> Even the expressions are almost constantly static
Blame his art becoming shitty after Eden. The fights are good enough even if they lack flashiness but there's a significant amount of research that goes into it
>I have never encountered a more uninteresting portrayal of daily life than meguru
Well daily life really isn't all that interesting
>. Once again it is just a bunch of shit, then Endo throws some tits or romance in your face to stop you from falling asleep.
This shit barely had any fanservice compared to Eden and his early works where character would just have sex at random because he had his hand down his pants.
>>
>>146113136
as far as fighting sports, it still needs to be talked about
Good fighting manga like RRR and Meguru show the daily lives and struggles in the performance itself, i prefer them to forced drama like teppuu, (although RRR had that in spades after the forced ending of the run)
>>
>>146113090
>>146113195
Take off your tin-foil hat son, its time to finish your homework and go to bed. School is tomorrow.
>>
>>146113262
>So characters not being self-aware assholes just because means they're boring.
I don't know what this fallacy you have just done is called, but its definitely one of them.

>Blame his art becoming shitty after Eden. The fights are good enough even if they lack flashiness but there's a significant amount of research that goes into it
Then you agree its a problem. Its not a novel and since his art is in no way interesting or experimental, a lack of technical skills just means it stinks in that department,

>This shit barely had any fanservice compared to Eden and his early works where character would just have sex at random because he had his hand down his pants.
Eden being more pronounced with sex is not an excuse for why Meguru uses it in the most banal ways. Eden was also more juvenile, more expansive, and had a much larger cast.
>>
>>146109727
Thx OP
>>
It's trash.

The fuck was up with them completely dropping that Elijah's dad was supposed to be this monstrous drug king pin. That whore who dies in the first or second volume (I think she gets blown up) brings it up and I think gives Elijah shit about it or something but then they kind of drop it. I mean, they still acknowledge that he is a drug king pin if I recall, but the terrible shit she brings up isn't.

Also Elijah sucks. Terrible character. The worst sort of MC. I laughed when his sister got her head blown off. Christ I didn't give a fuck about any of the characters.
>>
Speaking of Meguru, what are some other realistic, down-to-earth sports manga? All I know are Meguru, Baby Steps and Real. I guess Kokou no hito as well, though I wouldn't really call it a sports manga.
>>
>>146114491
WHY
ARE
YOU
STILL
IN
THIS
THREAD
>>
>>146111871
This guy is right on pretty much all counts (except the name calling, i'm sure everyone here is fully developed with mature sensibilities and big throbbing hairy penises/clitorises).

For me Eden was a great read until i realized it was over and nothing had been achieved by anyone and then it rapidly soured on me. The fact of the matter is that the "MC" ends up having had literally zero impact on the plot except maybe having gotten a couple
of his loved ones (who were themselves inconsequential) killed. From a storytelling standpoint this is pretty irredeemable.

I mean if his point of view has nothing to do with the resolution of the overarching plot why are we following him? why couldn't we have had the story of Enoah Ballard the asskicking crimelord fighting from the shadow against the sinister illuminati wannabes?

It's pretty clear that the author is mostly invested in his own worldbuilding, so why not give us 4-5 different shorter stories with different POVs with Enoah's impact on the world as the common element? That was a rhetorical question, but if anyone can come up with a good reason i'd be curious to hear it.

Overall Eden let me down too hard for me to really recommend it to anyone or consider rereading it. Which i guess answers OPs question .
>>
>>146113295
But Dad, I....
>>
>>146116116
/THREAD
>>
>>146116115
Well he's making a lot of good points. furthermore he seems to know the story quite well and is clearly very passionate in his hatred of it. So where else would he go?.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.