[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 130

File: image.jpg (99KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 853x480px
Based.
>>
>>145688931
Who is that? Is it...?
>>
>>145688931
le monkey face
>>
Why does Yuri continue to get NO screentime
>>
Every thread until Tsukikage returns.
>>
>>145688931
>Dying to Glads
>>
>GB support
YES
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 400x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 400x403px
SHINGO BETTER GET A FULL FUCKING DUEL BEFORE GETTING CARDED
>>
>>145689099
Hey, they were relevant once upon a time
>>
This thread is more fitting
>>145689309
>>
>>145689387
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>145689096
Look on the bright side, he's a cardboard ninja fitting for his archetype.
>>
>>145689814
I want to put Tsukikage in my deck.
>>
>>145690300
L-Lewd
>>
Will he ever come back to shill more Trains.
>>
>>145690925
He gave his shoes away to Yuya, that just shows he's gone for good.

Also I find it convenient how his shoes were the same colour model as Yuya's sneakers.
>>
File: CUnPuNkVEAAo11G.jpg (41KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CUnPuNkVEAAo11G.jpg
41KB, 599x337px
>>145690444

Given his personality, he might just let you.
>>
>>145691120
>A ninjas greatest weakness were Demon toys and Roman Furry Warriors who do CONTACT YUGO better than Neos ever did
>>
>>145689181
He'll job offscreen to some mook, get carded, and YOU'LL LIKE IT
>>
File: GONGEN.png (680KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GONGEN.png
680KB, 1280x720px
>>145688931
trust in your friends yuya
>>
>>145692105
>in your """""friends"""""
>>
File: Disappointed Yuri.jpg (57KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed Yuri.jpg
57KB, 854x480px
At least they got duels....Yuri isn't even that lucky.
>>
>>145691120
God fucking dammit writers, you couldn't even give him the decency of a short duel?
Yuya showing Tsukikage's card to Sora better make up for the sheer lack of emotion or buildup.
>>
>only 15 posters in this thread
What went wrong?
>>
>>145692709
I doubt Sora would care to the point of letting out strong emotions. That's only reserved for Yuya and Yuzu.
>>
>>145692804
It'll probably fuck with Reira more than anyone
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 640x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 640x956px
This probably won't happen, but it'd hit me hard if it did.
>>
>>145692895
>Purple light

I mean it could considering that's the flash colour of when someone's gets carded.
>>
>>145692420
>Atleast they got duels

They didn't though. The beast just literally carded them.
>>
>>145693025
Tsukikage got a little action sequence.
>>
It's kind of sad to say that even Zexal has the potential to surpass Arc-V now depending on how it ends.
>>
>>145688931
I'm gonna laugh if Sawatari's scream was regarding something completely irrelevant. Would be a 10/10 bait and switch.
>>
>>145693175
Even now, it doesn't. Zexal was arguably unwatchable for over half of its run. Arc-V was completely awful for about 12 eps, but otherwise entertaining to some degree.
>>
>>145693194
Sawatari screaming in the jungle kinda reminds me off when Manjoume screamed when he lost to Saoi.
>>
>>145693175
Zexal is already better than Arc-V
>>
File: Profile pic yuri.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Profile pic yuri.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
>>145693025
I don't consider the mini thing with the egao squad where yuri only had 2 turns a duel. But Tsukikage and Gon, sure they lost all their duels but at least we know what their decks are like. Predator plants are essentially a mystery still, aside from the fact that they fusion summon.
>>
>>145693324
Nothing matches zexal's awfulness aside xyz arc and occasionally gx
>>
>>145693194
>Sawatari tripped over a rock
>>
>>145693349
They use counters to lower the levels of enemy monsters.
>>
>>145688931
Is this referencing that draw power guy from GX?
>>
>>145693498
>Sawatari forgot to bring a bento
>>
>>145693436
Zexal is a much better structured show with better and more developed characters, much better villains and a much better plot. Random Zexal hate stopped being cool a long time ago.
>>
>>145693826
I know you're baiting, but:
>Better structured show
>30 episodes of filler with few eps of relief in-between right from the word go
>Yuma's character arc basically getting dropped for 22 eps after he and astral become buddies in ep 25 and him becoming jesus at all times from that point onwards with the singular exclusion of the initial vector mini-arc
>The WDC pre-finals being more filler than anything
>The first 20 eps of the barian arc are filler that makes them nonthreatening as fuck and they basically continue wasting time until they randomly decide to attack one day
>When they get down to business, they mop up the entire irrelevant cast in less than 5 eps
>Shark's entire role during the barian arc
>Kaito's role during the barian arc
>The eight or so useless friends of Yuma that waste endless amounts of screentime
>Dr. Faker
>The fetch quest after the duel with vector that completely killed the barian arc's pacing more than the 15 eps of filler after girag's introduction
>The barian and astral worlds go almost entirely unexplored as actual places with people living there and basically just exist for Yuma to get a vague cliffnote version from eliphas and to fight don thousand in a place with a red background and therefore hold no actual emotional worth to anyone aside shark who is purely motivated by a two ep rushed flashback that could've easily been placed somewhere during the girag and alito slice of life garbage.

The arclights were good characters, kaito was fun until part 2, shark was good until he was ruined, and vector was fun if one-note as fuck. But I cannot in good conscience call zexal as a whole a better show than anything else that I've ever managed to complete.
>>
>>145693826
>Random Zexal hate
Zexal being the least favorite season was the general consensus here, until we got invaded by you know who.
>>
>>145693826
ZeXal, in its own way, encapsulates how dull it would be if an entire series was all meta-style duels all the time.

>Everyone makes the exact same plays every game, but with different-skinned monsters to make it seem "unique".
>Every single play is boringly predictable, even when the show tries to mix things up by giving Yuma/somebody else new cards to work with.

The difference is that instead of a random rogue player forcing a meta deck to work in an interesting way, the "rogue" players are the genuinely competent players with decently competent decks, and they STILL lose to the dude that has over 80 cards in his ED but only summons 4 of them.

ZeXal's plot wasn't completely terrible, but the duel quality made it a fucking snoozefest to watch most of the time, especially in any duel with Yuma involved.
>>
So when do we get the spoilers, thursday night or Friday morning.
>>
>>145694892
Thursday night.
>>
>>145694939
Wonderful on my day off along with Bleach's shipperfags
>>
>>145694578
>30 episodes of filler with few eps of relief in-between right from the word go

False. The early episodes establish the characters, develop Shark, start to develop Kaito and explore Astral's origins.

>Yuma's character arc basically getting dropped for 22 eps after he and astral become buddies in ep 25 and him becoming jesus at all times from that point onwards with the singular exclusion of the initial vector mini-arc

False again. Yuma's character arc continues throughout Zexal 1 and his changes become apparent as early as the first Kaito duel.

>The WDC pre-finals being more filler than anything

It's called character building, developing and introducing. We got to meet characters like Anna, Droite and Gauche, Robin returned, Haruto, Tron, III, IV, V etc. Everyone was set up in the prelims.

>The first 20 eps of the barian arc are filler that makes them nonthreatening as fuck and they basically continue wasting time until they randomly decide to attack one day

The first twenty episodes established the Barians, developed Girag and Alito showing that they weren't truly evil, introduced Rio, introduced Mizael, showed Kaito's development, introduced Vector etc

>When they get down to business, they mop up the entire irrelevant cast in less than 5 eps

How is that a problem?

>Shark's entire role during the barian arc

Which was him coming to the realization of who he was

>Kaito's role during the barian arc

Kaito's character arc had already finished. He got a plot and rivalry with Mizael.

>The eight or so useless friends of Yuma that waste endless amounts of screentime

Like 4 characters who got dropped during the trip for the numbers but served their purposes of balancing Yuma.

>Dr. Faker

Great character

>The fetch quest after the duel with vector that completely killed the barian arc's pacing more than the 15 eps of filler after girag's introduction

Arc that expanded on the backstory of the Barians

You have some really shitty complaints
>>
>>145695112
Y'know, I'd love to say that WDC pre-finals didn't waste time with Anna, Droite, and Gauche...except that entire episodes were devoted to characters that appeared less often than Mako Fucking Tsunami in DM.

I mean, I thought that all three of them were amazing and deserved more screentime, but ultimately they were a complete fucking waste and shouldn't have even been in the show if they were going to only show up in a two-parter each, and then at the final battle royale just to die offscreen to Za 7th One.
>>
>>145694892
Hopefully we get some more news on Raging tempest like the name of the ace card.
>>
>>145695403
Droite was tied to Kaito
Gauche helped Yuma snap out of his depression after the Shark vs IV duel and played a part in the numbers arc
Anna was just another useless love interest

Here's the thing though. You can complain about Yuma's friends getting murdered by the Barians but Yuya's friends aren't even getting something like that. They're getting murdered by a nameless character and don't even get duels. They are just losing off screen. Not even heroically like Yuma's friends. Just fodderized.
>>
>>145691120
Either the lack of build up and emotion in Tsukikage being carded means that its not permanent or Arc-V is just shit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sawatari screaming is just him falling down or something.
>>
>>145695550
I feel bad for Tetsuo. Dude didn't deserve any of the shit he got.
>Best friends with a mediocre MC
>Gets killed by his waifu right after confessing because lolshesanalienbro
>Only gets a handful of duels in the entire show despite probably being one of the more competent duelists without any direct ties to Numbers.

Only Kotori had it worse, and that's only because despite her VA being a top-notch meta duelist with a contractual obligation to be in every episode, she got one duel, where she was brainwashed, played horribly, and LOST.

Everyone else in the numbers club could've been written out or re-delegated as non-linked side characters. The president was an okay dude when he was allowed screentime alone.
>>
>>145688931
So is that Yaiba?
>>
>>145692895
Third wheel shota is getting killed by Yuya and/or Yuzu for irony
>>
>>145695681
Tetsuo has a bad character design. He should be glad he lasted as long as he did. He was never meant to be a big player.
>>
>>145695112
The early episodes establish the bloated and useless extraneous cast aside shark, yuma, and Kaito. Fucking wonderful.

Yuma's character arc basically gets put on hold after he attains zexal until he meets III and he becomes dull as fuck after zexal 1 with the exception of the vector stuff from mid 80s to 98 because he becomes card game jesus 2.0

>WDC spends half its time building irrelevant characters who do nothing
Incredible.

>First 20 eps of barian arc establish the barians
Yes, as completely ineffectual and nonthreatening antagonists
>Introduced Rio
Who does nothing.
>Introduced Mizael
Fair.
>Showed Kaito's development
Fair.
>Introduced vector
Fair.
>How is it a problem that the irrelevant jobbers who wasted endless amounts of screentime being irrelevant, ultimately amount to nothing, when vector literally just kills girag without even dueling not two episodes after and the rest of them right around the same point
I wonder
>Shark

As with the rest of zexal's problems: the problem isn't the idea, it's the execution, which is rushed to the point of making him seem wishywashy and unreliable

>Kaito's arc had finished so that makes it acceptable for him to be completely dull and still take up fair amounts of screentime

>Fat friend, kotori, anna, URA, class prez, cathy
Not eight, but more than four.

>Dr. Faker
Really poorly established MAIN villain for an arc who felt almost maniacally evil at points until the very end with the sympathetic twist after which he immediately stop genociding and becomes a nice guy. Ultimately, he feels shallow and I cannot agree with your opinion.

>The fetch quest
Expanded the backstories for three useless characters and three useful ones? Yes. However, the way it was handled felt like an offhanded checklist rather than a natural progression of the plot.
>>
>>145695681
It's not like I cared about the Numbers Club guys, but I did kind of like that Tetsuo and class president would call out Yuma early on in the show, even if that stopped like right after the first 20 episodes.
>>
File: 1435799270753.jpg (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435799270753.jpg
113KB, 1920x1080px
>>145688931
>Laquari and Beastiari on the field
>Contacto yuugo for Gyazarus
>Destroy both monsters on the pendulum zone
>yfw
>>
>>145696387
All I wanna see is my nigga Nerokius.
>>
>>145696184
Everyone in Zexal had bad character design even by Yu-Gi-Oh! standards.
>>
File: Tfw losing Shadow duel.jpg (73KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw losing Shadow duel.jpg
73KB, 540x960px
>new gladiator beast support

so that's why they are making this shit 3 episodes, but since this is anime what are the chances that will make GB playable?
>>
>>145696815
I wonder if something like Gateway of the Six would boost them.

I never played Glads though, even back when they were still around.
>>
>>145696892
I only played agaisnt them last year, it was such a fleeting experience since he was negating all my monsters effects with that charriot counter trap
>>
>>145696892
Another way to tag out besides through battle and Test Tiger would help, along with a new Fusion or two.
>>
>>145696387
>Summon Gaiodiaz
>Destroy a Superheavy Samurai Synchro by battle somehow
>That huge amount of burn damage
>>
>>145697234
it could just grab some of the action cards that give +1000 atk?
>>
>>145696207
>The early episodes establish the bloated and useless extraneous cast aside shark, yuma, and Kaito. Fucking wonderful.

Yuma's friends aren't plot relevant but they're relevant to him.

>Yuma's character arc basically gets put on hold after he attains zexal until he meets III

Yuma continues to grow throughout that period.

>Incredible.

Like half those characters do things

>Yes, as completely ineffectual and nonthreatening antagonists

They were established as characters. Alito and Girag were conflicted on what they should do from the beginning.

>Who does nothing.

Her visions helped out

>
>How is it a problem that the irrelevant jobbers who wasted endless amounts of screentime being irrelevant, ultimately amount to nothing, when vector literally just kills girag without even dueling not two episodes after and the rest of them right around the same point

They didn't even waste that much screen time. Them being around didn't harm the show in any way as they didn't interfere with the plot. They were around to get their arcs and that's what they did.

>As with the rest of zexal's problems: the problem isn't the idea, it's the execution, which is rushed to the point of making him seem wishywashy and unreliable

Sounds more like Arc-V and not Zexal

Anna isn't a friend that hung around and Kotori doesn't really count and again, they didn't waste screentime unless you think someone who isn't involved in the plot being on screen at all is wasted screentime
>>
>>145697403

>Really poorly established MAIN villain for an arc who felt almost maniacally evil at points until the very end with the sympathetic twist after which he immediately stop genociding and becomes a nice guy. Ultimately, he feels shallow and I cannot agree with your opinion.

Dr. Faker was known through his actions and we got his backstory in V's duel. We got to know him through Kaito's feelings for him. You don't have to agree with my opinion. Dr. Faker did fine as a villain and set up a whole lot of things going forward.

>Expanded the backstories for three useless characters and three useful ones? Yes. However, the way it was handled felt like an offhanded checklist rather than a natural progression of the plot.

Useless character is subjective. All of the Barians fit their roles. Whether it be letting Yuma and the others see that not all Barians are evil or establishing that the Barians are victims in all this just like the humans.
>>
>>145697102
GBs need a way to tag out without ending the BP, or a couple of monsters that they can sit on defensively with minimal risk.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 407x286px
>Leo talking about how he wants Yuya to be defeated first
Why?
How does that benefit him more than taking out, let's say, Reiji?
>>
>>145697704
He probably needs the 4 boys gathered now that he has the 4 girls.

That, or he wants to ensure that they can be kept separate. We still don't know shit about Revival Zero or Hitotsu Ni.
>>
File: teleports behind you.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
>>145697704
well yuya's pendant can create pendulums which is a power leo cannot control and he also has the power of EGAO
>>
>>145697704
Leo probably doesn't want to make the Yuu's become one, only as a last resort.
>>
>>145697704
>Elminate Sakaki Yuya
>I think it's time for Yusho to know the truth

He obviously knows that Yuya is some ancient evil along with the other Yuu's.
>>
>>145697547
Nah, you just need to get Herakles out on the first turn with a decent hand size.
>>
>>145698200
What are you talking about? Every deck, even the pet decks, has to have a completely untouchable boss monster that can't be stopped!

Look for the new support: Gladiator Beast Hammerius, coming soon to Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V!
>>
>>145698471
Teward pls
>>
Holy shit NAC having another meltdown again. Even one of the mods lost his shit and made a "What went wrong" thread for the entirety of Arc-V.

Goddamit Ono... JUST
>>
>>145698990
How bad did people lose their shit in post-64 5Ds? Was it on this scale?
>>
>>145698990
>going to NAC
You should have stayed there.
>>
File: shun.jpg (175KB, 1000x655px) Image search: [Google]
shun.jpg
175KB, 1000x655px
>>145698990
This is fine, things looking full of zetsubo SOON
>>
File: 5ds_duel_puzzle.jpg (205KB, 797x1003px) Image search: [Google]
5ds_duel_puzzle.jpg
205KB, 797x1003px
still hoping for a duel puzzle episode
>>
>>145699136
How else do we get the episode summaries and script? Someone's gotta go there.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 638x359px
Yusho sure must of hurt his leg bad, it looks they haven't even moved an inch from the previous episode.
>>
>>145699688
God Leo is such a fucking loser. He might even be below Faker as worst villain in the franchise.
>>
>>145699764
good thing he isn't the final boss right?
>>
>>145699764
He and Yuri still have until next Spring to redeem themselves at least somewhat
>>
>>145699764
They're honestly about the same level, except Leo isn't as ugly. I miss Roger.
>>
>>145699688
He's just airing out his crotch
>>
File: Roger_goes_crazy.png (915KB, 1123x646px) Image search: [Google]
Roger_goes_crazy.png
915KB, 1123x646px
>>145699764
>tfw REEEEEEEEGER is in 1st place for best villain in Arc-V currently
>>
File: 1471159040664.jpg (179KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
1471159040664.jpg
179KB, 1280x719px
Shin is Yuya's new bff.
>>
>>145700375
Rodger's breakdown was amazing.
>>
>>145700375
Roger losing his shit was seriously the best thing about Synchro, god I miss him
>>
YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>145700375
>Roger goes REEEEEEEEE and teleports Yuya leaving Reiji and Co. behind
>Reiji and Co. later make it to Academia
>Roger still MIA with no word

I feel they just dropped him from the show.
>>
>>145700375
It's not really all that surprising. He was a genuinely really fun villain that kept me entertained whenever he was onscreen. He wasn't necessarily complex or anything, but he was a fairly effective villain who was constantly acting to complete his plans in varied and creative ways, complete with endless backup plans in case his main shit failed.

Honestly, I'd consider him among the better YGO villains in general.
>>
File: rajr.jpg (51KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
rajr.jpg
51KB, 1024x575px
This is now Roger thread. Roger posts only. Each post must praise Roger's Roger-ness. I'll start.

I love how Roger doesn't give a fuck about his chess piece. So beautiful.
>>
>>145700640
I wouldn't. When it comes to the overarching story he amounts to 'some guy' that defected from Academia and has little bearing. Past villains that are remembered also usually had some kind of connection to their adversaries that was explored at least somewhat, but even with the lancer he tried to manipulate the most (Yuya) his interactions were pretty brief.

He's the best villain in Arc-V, but only because the others are either not really worth talking about, or fail to show up to the vote.
>>
>>145700741
He's a failure of a keikaku'er with no back up plans.
>>
File: RogeerActivatesWormHole.png (1MB, 1337x739px) Image search: [Google]
RogeerActivatesWormHole.png
1MB, 1337x739px
If there is one good thing I have to say about Roger is that he's resilient. I love how he doesn't give up and has to get the upper hand no matter what.
>>
>>145700937
Roger defected because Academia are a bunch of wish-washy slackers
>>
Be honest anon. Why the fuck are you still watching this shit?
>>
>>145700983
I started watching at episode 8, might as well finish it.
>>
>>145700983
To see what the bracelets and dragons are all about, to see how many will get carded before the reset button is hit, and the shitposting. But mostly the shitposting.
>>
>>145700983
I enjoy it.
>>
File: rogerisbored.png (156KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rogerisbored.png
156KB, 500x281px
>>145700983
I'm trying to kill time and get my YGO fix until DSOD hits theaters in the west, and I always see a show through to the end so I won't drop Arc-V.
>>
>>145700983
Hoping Edo uses some good Heroes
Hoping Shun gets a Rank 12 and another RUM searcher
Hoping Super Poly gets played
Hoping Kaito pisses people off more
Looking at Asuka
That's honestly about it. I don't care about the Arc-V characters or their plot. It's all garbage
>>
>>145700983
It remains the only YGO series that has entertained me to some degree in every single episode, including DM's non-filler arcs.
>>
>>145701155
I wonder how many people here don't actually watch the series and only come here to shitpost.
>>
>>145700983
Conversely, I dropped this but then picked it up again for brainwashed girls.

I don't really know what the fuck is going on and the card battles have become monotonous, I just skip to the parts where they talk. It appeals to my fetish.
>>
>>145701071
>>145701184
Mind linking me to your tumblr blogs?
>>
>>145701246
>Implying
>>
File: image.png (264KB, 432x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 432x369px
>>145700983
I genuinely like watching it, it's one of the few shows I've ever seen from the first episodes premiere to the last. I think the amount of hate is ridiculous, because while it does have a shit ton of flaws, it has some fucking amazing moments that make the entire show worth it.
>>
>>145701237
I more interested in knowing how many people have dropped the show and stopped coming to the threads since day 1.
>>
File: yuyaxyuzu.jpg (3MB, 4096x3286px) Image search: [Google]
yuyaxyuzu.jpg
3MB, 4096x3286px
>>145700983
having fun times with /a/rc-v
>>
>>145700474
>crow fucking hogan

I'm starting to hate that guy
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 212x112px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 212x112px
>>145701246
>someone actually likes watching a show
>MUST BE TUMBLR
>>
>>145701321
I don't equate the original versions of characters with their legacy versions in Arc-V.

Otherwise I would hate GX Edo, too.
>>
>>145701289
>bottom left
I remember when I thought that was photoshopped
>>
>>145701366
Everyone else has a reason to be there.
Except him
>>
>>145700983
memes
>>
Can someone translate this.

【ARC-V】8/31(水) まで新宿アルタビジョンで「ARC-Ⅴ」のキャラ達が毎時31分30秒から「熱中症情報」をお届け!遊矢、ユート、ユーゴ、ユーリが次元を超えて登場中!新宿にお立寄りの方は熱中症に気をつけてチェック #ARCV #ゆゆゆゆ #20th展にクリアファイル
>>
>>145700983
I've been here since episode one, I can't stop now.
>>
>>145701436
Honestly, why do they even bother lugging around any character besides Reiji, Yuya, Shun, and Kaito on the Lancers? They should drop the pretenses of caring about the others
>>
>>145701485
[ARC-V] 8/31 "heat stroke information" delivered from the characters' per hour 31 minutes and 30 seconds of "ARC-Ⅴ" in Shinjuku Alta vision until the (water)! 遊矢, Jud, Yugoslavia, during the appearance beyond Yuri is a dimension! Clear file to check #ARCV # YuyuYuyu # 20th Exhibition careful to heat stroke those who visit us to Shinjuku
>>
>>145701529
What does it mean?
>>
>>145701529
>Jud
OH SHIT
>>
>>145701529
>Yuri is a dimension!

Kek.
>>
>>145701573
It's an announcement about some characters delivering a heat stroke warning in Shinjuku. So basically, nothing relevant.
>>
>>145701485
[ARC-V] 8/31/(Wednesday) in the Shinjuku Alta vision had the character of "ARC-V." per hour 31 minutes and 30 seconds from the heat stroke information delivered! During the play arrow, Ute, ex-Yugoslavia, Yuri appeared beyond the dimensions! Watch out for heat exhaustion will stop and shinjyuku check #ARCV # yuyuyuyu to #20th clear file
>>
>>145701237
So people who don't share your opinion are shitposters?
>>
>>145701527
Well, Tsukikage was a good messenger boy while he lasted. He helped out countless times in Synchro thanks to being in more of a support role than doing much outright combat, which he isn't particularly great at.

Sawatari was basically just dragged in for extra manpower since he was there.

Gon is a bulky meatshield.

Serena was just there to be Reiji's personal Ruri

Also, You forgot about Reira, who is arguably stronger than all the lancers aside Reiji.
>>
>>145701781
Reira isn't edgy and relevant enough to do anything.
At best he'll be mind controled to duel Reiji.
>>
>>145701725
Not at all. I'm just curious what the ratios are in terms of people interacting in this thread since I noticed it had a small jump in overall interest and individual IPs during the day of the Rin ep.
>>
>>145701858
I will usually pop into the thread, but unless it was a particularly good episode or I see a post worth responding to, I won't actually reply to the thread.
>>
>>145701622
>ex-Yugoslavia

RIP Yugo
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 763x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 763x800px
>>145700983
Because it's a yugioh series
>>
File: 1471159283290.jpg (194KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
1471159283290.jpg
194KB, 1280x719px
Who is best rival bassed on personality, characterization, development, deck, and relationship with the protagonist?
>>
>>145700983
I stopped around the time Synchro arc started.
I drop by once a month or so to read a bit about it and want to see how it ends.
>>
>>145701858
I'm sure the thread has tons of lurkers who only come for pics of the girls and various other reasons. The Rin episode actually had something happen so I'm sure that helped.
>>
>>145702165
Kaiba I guess. I would say maybe Jack if part 2 didn't happen
>>
File: 1447282568282.jpg (48KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447282568282.jpg
48KB, 500x499px
>>145702165
Kaiba for everything else but deck since Kaz actually cared about that stuff like none of the other writers did.
Reiji has the best deck.
>>
>>145702165
Kaiba, the rest can't even compare.
>>
>>145702165
Kaiba, but Manjoume in the manga is second close.
>>
>>145702165
Personality: Reiji
Deck: Reiji
Characterization: Jack
Development: Jack
Relationship to the protag: Kaiba

5Ds ended at 64.
>>
>>145702426
Like hell it did.
This one card is worth everything from Part 2. It had the best summoning animation this series has ever seen and broke synchros forever.
>>
File: Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg (65KB, 908x622px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg
65KB, 908x622px
>>145702165
Probably Jack. He had a solid backstory with Yusei that helped drive the plot from episode 1, damn good character development even if it got fucked in Part 2, an amazing showboat personality combined with a calculating mentality...but had a deck that was utter garbage, even if his ED was pretty amazing.

We've yet to fully see how Reiji pans out, but they're implying that he has a deeper connection to Yuya than we initially thought. His personality isn't fantastic, but it's workable and the "get shit done" mentality combined with his amazing deck helps make up for it.

Kaito didn't honestly develop much. He did the same shit from start to finish, it's just that Haruto wasn't being directly threatened after the WDC so he didn't care anymore. His deck flip-flopped from amazing to hot garbage, but he used staples and used them well so it's cool. The relationship with the MC was dogshit, though.

Manjoume has only slightly more relation to the MC that Kaito had to his. His development is pretty decent, but takes forever to progress sometimes and routinely takes steps backwards. It's a realistic approach to character development, but may frustrate some viewers. His deck is worse than Jack's.

Kaiba had a mediocre deck made of the monsters with the biggest numbers he could cram onto a card combined with a lot of good generic cards to help them along until he could turbo out as many of his waifu as possible and/or Obelisk. His relationship with Yugi was "YOU BEAT ME ONCE WE MUST BE RIVALS FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR", which honestly doesn't hold up as well as DSOD would have you believe. He's still the solid baseline for what a rival should do at minimum, though.
>>
>>145702486
As hype as Arc Cradle and quasar was, the outright slaughter of the characterizations of the entire main cast aside Rua/Ruka and everything surrounding WRGP aside BATTLE ROYALE MODO makes it too hard for me to give part 2 a pass.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 750x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 750x751px
>>145702165
>Personality

This is purely subjective but I prefer Kaiba because his arrogance and overconfidence amuse me to no end. I also like how spirited he can be when he really gets into duels. HOROBI NO BAAAAASTO STOREEEEEEEEEEMU

>Characterization

Manga Kaiba hands down.

>Development

Manga Kaiba hands down.

>Deck

This varies. If you like how the deck can be treated as the extension of a duelist's soul while representing certain characteristics of that duelist through monsters, spells, and traps played then I would say Kaiba's deck is the best represented one since its essentially a power beatdown deck with disruption to gather necessary sacrifices for high powered monsters like Blue-Eyes and Obelisk. This is indicative of Kaiba's character as he's all about being aggressive and demonstrating his strength but also playing with smart tactics to completely decimate the opponent and have complete and utter domination. If you want to talk anime character deck viability in the real game then I would say Reiji easily since D/D/D are really powerful and synergise well with one another.

>Relationship with Protagonist

Kaiba is literally the perfect foil to Atem. I can't think of anyone better suited to be a rival to an MC and someone who embodies the ideology behind a rivalry. It's literally one of Kaiba's reasons for living.

Yeah Kaiba is just too cool. Reiji could have been as cool as him ;_;

Fuck you Ono and Kamishiro.
>>
>>145702706
I'd say Reiji in his brief moments of doing things personally is honestly Kaiba tier in terms of sheer over the top entertainment, it's a fucking travesty that those moments are so fucking rare though
>>
File: 1431843876792.jpg (75KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1431843876792.jpg
75KB, 500x498px
>>145702486
>Quasar made all of Part 2 worth it.
>One card, that isn't even that good, that every idiot and their cousin tries to turbo into instead of keeping it as a side option for opportunistic plays, validated the slaughtering of Jack's development
>Quasar validates the complete inversion of Yusei's character to fanfiction levels
>Quasar validates rendering Crow and Aki both completely useless idiots.
>Quasar validates a multi-episode arc about how Aki lost her psychic powers only for her to get them back again for no reason.
>Quasar validates the introduction of a way for the kids to get in on Riding Duels only for this to never matter at all except for maybe twice.
>Quasar validates the "Aki gets a license" episode, only for her to job in her first and only Riding Duel.
>Quasar validates everyone but Yusei losing every duel because YUSEI HAS TO WIN YOU GAIZE HE'S THE MC to the point where they gave Jack an entire mini-arc about getting Red Nova just so he wouldn't seem completely useless.
>Quasar validates the complete metaphorical joke that was the final duel between Jack and Yusei.
>Quasar validates the final boss being a cosplayer with no actual emotional stakes.
But yeah, a pretty 2-minute animation and a powerful card that barely anybody uses because it's hard as hell to get out without dedicating a deck to it!
Yep, totally made all that 70+ episodes of shit worth it!

You could've at least said that Dark Glass or the Meklords or Aporia or basically anything else validated it all, but you picked the absolute worst argument.
>>
File: 1444066669664.jpg (529KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1444066669664.jpg
529KB, 850x850px
This is a semen demon.
>>
File: 1443656395077.png (266KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1443656395077.png
266KB, 500x454px
>>145702706
>Reiji could have been as cool as him ;_;
Already surpassed him.
He makes his own cards, actually beats the MC and is established as the strongest duelist in the series and his deck perfectly reflects him. Perfect in every area with no real flaw in design.
He even created an infinite loop, something none of the other rivals have done.
His only flaw is that he inherited his father's irrelevancy so he's mostly MIA.
>>
>>145702165
Why is Manjyome considered the GX rival? Honestly Ryo seemed much more like it.

>Personality: Reiji
>Deck: Reiji
>Characterization: Jack
>Development: Jack
>Relationship to the protag: Kaiba

This is spot on.
>>
>>145702892
Maybe because Manjoume was actually relevant for the latter half of the series.
That said, Kaiser's episodes were fucking great in S3.
>>
>>145702853
Yuya and Reiji's 2nd duel made me think that their rivalry could be really engaging if they did it right going forward. They already had a couple interesting contrasts and parallels.

But like with a lot of things it was just a 'could be' and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a lot of time for Reiji in general.
>>
>>145702856
5D's had tons of potential, but the infamous scandal and the last minute retcon of Crow becoming a Signer really ruined everything for the staff.

Despite this, 5ds is still my favourite of the series. Its a real shame really of how much greater it could have become.
>>
>>145702888
>perfect = good character
>winning every duel means you're a good character

Thanks for the laugh m8. Perfection is overrated especially when you're irrelevant in your own series. The only thing you could argue for Reiji is his personality and his deck. He sucks at every other aspect.
>>
>>145702992
The worst part is that they could've actually done something with the Crow being a Signer bit, but they didn't do shit with it, even after getting him his dragon.

I don't think he actually played the thing, except in its premiere episode.
>>
>>145703031
I remember that he would sit on it at least a few times in the WRGP duels
>>
Who is the best bff bassed on personality, characterization, relationship to the protagonist, deck, and development?
>>
>>145703118
Crow
>>
So will "Mysterious Duelist" turn out to be anyone of even the slightest importance?
>>
>>145703118
Jonouchi.
>>
>>145703118
Yuzu and Gon both have the better decks, although who fills the "best friend" slot depends on who you ask.

Jou has the best everything else, except MAYBE relationship to the protagonist. We'll see how Yuzu plays out in the end.

Tetsuo got too much shit and Sho was a traitor. Crow wanted to fill the slot but he came on a little too late.
>>
>>145703201
It will be Kaiba
>>
>>145703201
It's the duel beast, dude.
>>
File: 58132311_p40.png (424KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
58132311_p40.png
424KB, 700x700px
>>145703201
He'll be as important as these two. Hopefully he actually brings good support for his archetype.
>>
File: Reo_Akaba.png (281KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
Reo_Akaba.png
281KB, 640x359px
>>145703022
>Perfection is overrated especially when you're irrelevant in your own series.
Not his fault, that's just something he got from his dad.
It's just like Kaiba having a massive stick up his ass from Gozaboru.
That said Kaiba is just massively overrated as a character. He just yells a shitton and treats people like garbage until they fuck him up the ass like Atem did and then he goes autismo for them and people feel bad for him because MUH ABUSIVE STEPDAD BROKE HIS MIND when in reality he has no excuse since characters like Jounochi, Otogi and Malik were all abuse survivors and they're all pretty cool guys now.
If this is what qualifies as a good character we got to change the standards.
>>
>>145703201
Sanders and his delicious fried chicken deck will be more important.
>>
>>145703296
Kaiba's just the 0 on the scale. The "you must be this Rival to be a good rival" bar.

If you can't at least match Kaiba in all of his flawed but amusing glory, you really have no business being called "rival".
>>
>>
>>145703296
First off you're making shitty excuses for Reiji. He didn't inherit being useless from his dad. He got it from this shitty series not knowing how to write characters. Kaiba is an egomaniac. He has a large sense of pride and self worth. He worked his ass off to be where he is today despite all his problems in his past. Malik literally spawned an evil personality due to the abuse he endured so don' say he's a cool guy or anything like that.

Reiji is a do nothing character who has like 3 whole duels in 120 episodes. No, it's not because his deck is too good or whatever. It's because he has no importance in the plot until his father is involved so he has to take a backseat. He barely has a character. He doesn't even really appear in the openings either. If someone picked up Arc-V during Synchro they'd have no idea Reiji was once a big player in the show.
>>
>>145702875

OLD MAN EARS.
>>
File: THE CHOSEN ONE.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THE CHOSEN ONE.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>145703455
PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS
>>
>>145703537

>the beast aims at crow and sawatari

He's alive, at least for one more episode desu.
>>
File: Sawatari.jpg (1MB, 1276x4784px) Image search: [Google]
Sawatari.jpg
1MB, 1276x4784px
>>145703537
F
>>
>>145703276

There's even a small chance that these two show up again? ;_;
>>
>>145703599
Christ. I was here when that episode aired. Where does the time go?
>>
File: 1470950108870.webm (2MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470950108870.webm
2MB, 1024x640px
>>145703490
>No, it's not because his deck is too good or whatever.
Just like Blackwings didn't cause Rua to get shafted and boosted Crow to MC status right?
Reiji doesn't even need to duel sometimes. He just talks to important figures like in Synchro arc.
>a character is not important until their arc is relevant
Gee who would have thought?
Just like Kaiba being MIA in Millenium World, Jack getting sidelined for Yusei, Kaito in Zexal II and all those times in GX where Edo, Manjoume or Ryo would go MIA for several episodes
>>
File: Yuya_riding.png (2MB, 1324x746px) Image search: [Google]
Yuya_riding.png
2MB, 1324x746px
>>145703674
Things used to be so simple. No we're fighting multiple dimensions while preaching egao while fusion parasites control all the hot girls.
>>
>>145703118
the guy with the funny face
>>
>>145702492
>which honestly doesn't hold up as well as DSOD would have you believe.

But this is wrong. It holds up perfectly fine if you take into account the manner in which Kaiba's character was portrayed in the manga. I'm going to assume you haven't read the manga otherwise you wouldn't have typed this.

I'm not going to go into details but essentially it all stems from Gozaburo's method of raising Kaiba. Being isolated from society and having no friends while having to undergo mental and sometimes physical torture took its toll on Kaiba which made him cold-hearted and socially awkward. Perhaps the worst thing Gozaburo did was instill the principle of "losing = death" and Kaiba took that philosophy and infused it with his love for games which is why he made Death-T and partially why he threatened to kill himself in Duelist Kingdom. But Kaiba's hatred for Gozaburo was so strong that he essentially started to view his relationship with him as a game too. Gozaburo was the "rival" Kaiba wanted to get over and beat him by stealing Kaiba Corporation from him. This goal that Kaiba had is what gave birth to his rival complex. It was the only way someone as messed up as him could relate to someone who wasn't his family like Mokuba. This is why when Kaiba steals KC and Gozaburo kills himself his death permanently stains Kaiba because he feels responsible for it but it also leaves that "rival" spot vacant.

(1/2)
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 583x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 583x1200px
>>145703647
Probably if Edo is here. Most likely they'll take care of some goons blocking Yuya's path but that's all.
>>
File: whatdoyoumeanitsnotworking.png (353KB, 641x356px) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyoumeanitsnotworking.png
353KB, 641x356px
>>145703803
(2/2)

That's why when Atem comes and fucks him up in their first duel his life changes. He sees Atem as that person who can become his "rival" his reason for living. His obsession is even more exacerbated when Atem gives him a penalty game because Kaiba experiences the sensation of death which makes him go even more crazy until Atem has to mind crush him in Death-T. Even then he still has a lot of issues to work out. Everytime he battles Atem he can feel himself getting excited and he doesn't care about anything else but that moment he's in battle with him. His rivalry has evolved from "YOU BEAT ME ARRRGH" to "I see you as a friend, let's go at it!" Of course Kaiba won't admit that because he's socially awkward but it's how he feels. Atem is the only one who can understand and communicate with Kaiba on a personal level and it's why when Kaiba realizes he's left for the afterlife that he starts to feel that loss. He wants his best friend back and god damn he'll do whatever it takes. Even if he has to kill himself. He almost cries in the movie once he puts the final piece in the Millennium Puzzle and Atem's spirit doesn't come out even after Yugi told him repeatedly it wasn't going to work. That's how insane he is and that's how important his rivalry is to Atem.

Of course if all you saw is the anime then I don't blame you. His character is completely different from his manga counterpart so it feels weird watching the movie after watching the anime.
>>
File: 1421713072821.png (117KB, 389x272px) Image search: [Google]
1421713072821.png
117KB, 389x272px
>>145703803
I read the manga and I'm not impressed. Just because it makes sense doesn't mean I thought it was good.

>I'm not going to go into details
>types a two-part post

I'm not faulting you your argument, but don't lie to me, bro.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 651x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 651x405px
>>145703808
>you will never see Yuzu, Mieru and Grace fighting over Yuya
Arc V would've made the best SoL
>>
>>145703928
You don't have to like it but it's well-written and makes sense.
>>
>>145703779
>Just like Blackwings didn't cause Rua to get shafted and boosted Crow to MC status right?

That doesn't even make sense in this context. What you're implying is that a character got a boost because their deck was popular. If Reiji/his deck were popular he'd get more duels.

>That video

Not only does that deck use cards Reiji doesn't have but it doesn't even play like Reiji does in the anime. Waste of time posting it.

>Gee who would have thought?

Kaito stuck around after his arc was over and got tons of screen time. Popular characters will be in the show no matter what their status is as far as arcs go.

>Just like Kaiba being MIA in Millenium World

In the manga the arc was rushed because Kaz was sick and he wanted to expand on Kaiba in it. In the anime Kaiba was around. Kaiba even got the Virtual World filler arc and the tournament after Battle City. He was also around during the whole Dartz conflict

>Jack getting sidelined for Yusei

Everyone knows 5Ds turned into a mess and Jack still got duels

>Kaito in Zexal II

Kaito was still around and got tons of duels.

>and all those times in GX where Edo, Manjoume or Ryo would go MIA for several episodes

Those characters still got duels and you're comparing a few episodes to Reiji having like 3 duels in 120 episodes.
>>
>>145703296
>Jounochi, Otogi and Malik were all abuse survivors and they're all pretty cool guys now.

Ever heard of PTSD? It's real and people have it. Kaiba is one of those people so it's perfectly realistic if he can't get over his problems that easily. It takes time and in Kaiba's case many many years until he finally starts taking steps to get over it a la DSOD.
>>
>>145703936
Harems are stupid so that's a good thing.
>>
>>145703915
>Of course if all you saw is the anime then I don't blame you.
I was under the impression that we were discussing the anime counterparts, so I didn't take the manga version into account, even if it was the "original" version of Kaiba.

>>145703972
We seem to pretty much be in agreement, then, and we've just reach a difference of personal preference.

I read the manga and didn't think it hot shit that everyone treats it as. Kaiba was a decent character, sure, but spending an entire movie just to go "yeah Kaiba's officially lost it" is something that was completely unneeded. The fact that the movie is ABOUT Kaiba and doesn't cover anything else except shit we already knew not being brain-dead and reading the original manga leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I mean, really, if you came to me back in 2006 and said to my dub-watching punk ass little self that in 2016 there'd be a movie about Kaiba being off his rocker, I would've probably said "they're still on that shit? Get a new script."

The fact that Kaz specifically said that there was shit about Kaiba he wanted to go into but never could just makes this movie feel like a giant waste of time outside of the Yugi moments.
>>
>>145704078
>Kaito was still around and got tons of duels.
Kaito got 2 duels in ZeXal II. One to get DragonDragon, and the other to die on the moon.

While I agree with you that the argument doesn't work in this context, Crow is an odd case of Konami forcing writers to change an entire major feature of the plot just to sell a specific archetype of cards harder. It hasn't really been repeated to that magnitude since.\
>>
>>145704150
>shit about Kaiba he wanted to go into but never could
Didn't they basically cut all things related with the Kisara subplot in the movie? It should have been 1000 times better if the movie was about that instead of being about some random enemy.
>>
>>145704078
>What you're implying is that a character got a boost because their deck was popular. If Reiji/his deck were popular he'd get more duels
I'm saying that certain characters can get stuff to happen to them behind the scenes if their cards are loved enough.
Blackwings was the last time it happened and they got support so much that people were sick of the damn deck and even topped Worlds twice.
The point of that video was to show how strong current D/D is with the cards it has which is why they don't give it more support, not to show how it relates to Reiji.
After Dragon Rulers and EMEM the game can't take another Tier 0 format so they need to stop giving D/D support or they'll break it which is why Reiji stopped dueling.
>Kaito stuck around after his arc was over and got tons of screen time. Popular characters will be in the show no matter what their status is as far as arcs go.
Arc-V or Zexal?
Zexal Kaito didn't do shit with that screentime but take up space until Mistrael came in
Arc-V Kaito is just filler incarnate.
> Kaiba even got the Virtual World filler arc and the tournament after Battle City. He was also around during the whole Dartz conflict
The only point of the fillers was to give Kaz more time.
Anime staff are just massive Kaibafags.
>Everyone knows 5Ds turned into a mess and Jack still got duels
Filler shit, nothing worth noting until Red Nova Dragon.
>Kaito was still around and got tons of duels.
Had no results/offscreen and his only important duels were against Mizael and Dragon Grandpa.
>Those characters still got duels and you're comparing a few episodes to Reiji having like 3 duels in 120 episodes.
Reiji dueled off screen.
He took out 20 security with just D/D Kali Yuga and Ragnarok.
Besides, The OTK and Infinite Loop are more high in quality than anything we've had in this entire series from any duel involving the rival.
>>
>>145702426
>anime ended at 64
preety much
>creator said 5ds was to be last series
>writers try to make something decent
>jewnami can't have any of it
>staff switches around
>everything form ep 64 becomes shit in order to keep yugioh alive
>the travesty that is zexal happens
>>
>>145704366
He got 6.
>>
>>145704374
It's likely that Kisara was never intended to be in the movie to begin with. She was in the prequel manga, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of her or implication of her whatsoever in the movie proper, and nothing seems to be an "artifact" typical of a discarded plot.

While I agree that the movie would've been much more interesting if they took that angle, it's likely that even if such an angle ever existed, it was canned very early on.
>>
>>145704433
>here we are
>>
>>145704433

>creator said 5ds was to be last series

He said it about GX too.
>>
>>145704150
>is something that was completely unneeded.

Gonna disagree there. The last we see of him in the manga is in Battle City blowing up Alcatraz tower as a testament to his hatred of Gozaburo and his loss to Atem which shows he hasn't gotten over them yet. Those bad sentiments continue to linger and grow within him in the time that passes after Battle City and I find it fascinating the lengths at which he goes to fight these demons of his.

>there was shit about Kaiba he wanted to go into but never could

If you're talking about the Kisara stuff then that's mostly her relationship with Priest Seto which doesn't really involve present-day Kaiba all that much. It would have been nice backstory building on present-day Kaiba's past life but it's not as important a focus since this movie is about present-day Kaiba. I will also remind you Kaz had a 4 hour script ready to go but that was too long and he had to cut stuff out. If we're lucky there could be extra footage on the BD.

I think you were expecting some kind of big scale plot with lots of stuff happening like Arc-V or something from this movie which is probably the wrong way to approach DSOD. It's much more of a character-driven story which makes it a much stronger story in my opinion.

Everything about the movie sounds fantastic to me personally and very in line with the spirit of the original manga. The fact that you didn't enjoy it as much as others means you probably won't enjoy the movie since it's really nothing more than a big love letter from Kaz to hardcore DM/manga fans.
>>
>>145704417
>I'm saying that certain characters can get stuff to happen to them behind the scenes if their cards are loved enough.
>Blackwings was the last time it happened and they got support so much that people were sick of the damn deck and even topped Worlds twice.
>The point of that video was to show how strong current D/D is with the cards it has which is why they don't give it more support, not to show how it relates to Reiji.
>After Dragon Rulers and EMEM the game can't take another Tier 0 format so they need to stop giving D/D support or they'll break it which is why Reiji stopped dueling.

If they were worried about breaking D/D they'd ban some of the deck or only give it bad new cards. Instead they don't even pay it too much attention. Dragon Rulers were years ago and EMEM still get support to this day so that destroys your D/D argument by itself. D/D isn't even the best deck in Japan. It has to share space with Blue-Eyes. ABC and Metalfoes. That excuse as a whole doesn't fly.

Zexal Kaito's first on screen duel in ZII was against Mizael which was 10 episodes into ZII.

>The only point of the fillers was to give Kaz more time.
Anime staff are just massive Kaibafags.

Kaz is a massive Kaibafag and made a whole movie for him while designing great cards for him. He draws the guy all the time. Kaiba is just extremely popular with everyone.

Those duels still happened with Jack. Reiji doesn't even get filler duels btw.

Kaito still got those duels and only 1 was off screen.

No one cares about offscreen duels so don't try and pad Reiji's duel count. He's had 3 full duels over 120 episodes unless you want to count the Duel Chasers where everyone dueled. Then he has 4.
>>
>>145704539
>I think you were expecting some kind of big scale plot with lots of stuff happening
In a way, yes. More like I was expecting the movie to go one of two ways:
>An epilogue that wrapped everything up in a neat little bow.
or
>Actually explain shit we didn't know and couldn't likely figure out for ourselves.

DSOD seems to have done neither. I'll probably still see it, and I will probably still enjoy it, but just because I enjoy something doesn't mean I have to like how it was handled in the grand scope of things.
>>
>>145704698
>>An epilogue that wrapped everything up in a neat little bow.

That's what it did. It finished the character arcs of the main cast and sent them off on their lives.
>>
>>145704771
Well, and BLAMED SHADI FOR EVEN MORE OF EVERYTHING.
>>
>>145703936
There would be no fighting because Yuya wouldn't hesitate to pick Yuzu. I'm pretty sure he barely knows Mieru and Grace exist.
>>
>It turns out that the post Duel Monsters curse is actually real

>You either have a shitty opening and a great ending
>Or a great opening and a shitty ending
GX and Zexal are the former
5Ds and Arc-V are the latter

It's so sad.
>>
>>145704812
DM had a lot of shit in the middle, though.

If you weren't Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, or Millennium World, you were probably not that good or outright unwatchable in places. Even Battle City suffered in some parts of the anime, especially what with randomly having filler spliced into it periodically.

It's just really hard to consistently write well for 3+ years of weekly episodes.
>>
File: foreshadowing.png (542KB, 550x811px) Image search: [Google]
foreshadowing.png
542KB, 550x811px
>>145704698
>>An epilogue that wrapped everything up in a neat little bow.

But that's basically what happened.

>Yugi quits the game and follows his dream to become a game designer
>Anzu goes to America to dance.
>Jonouchi decides to enter the Pro League. >Honda decides to work with his dad.
>Mokuba becomes the new president of Kaibacorp.
>Kaiba dimension hops to see his best friend Atem and get his "treatment" to cure his obsession.
>Aigami is saved and lives a happy life with his sister

>explain shit we didn't know

The movie goes into detail more about the millennium items and even gives more information on Shadi and how Bakura came into contact with him which was foreshadowed as early as Duelist Kingdom. It's incredibly consistent since basically everything in the manga starts and ends with Shadi.

The only major thing is the Kisara/Priest Seto subplot which was never gone into much depth, but that is not necessary for the movie to be good. It's just something extra that would be nice. The movie in my opinion stands well as it is.
>>
>>145704693
>D/D isn't even the best deck in Japan. It has to share space with Blue-Eyes. ABC and Metalfoes. That excuse as a whole doesn't fly.
>Skill based deck is less popular than helmet stunshit
You can just say you don't know how this game works
>If they were worried about breaking D/D they'd ban some of the deck or only give it bad new cards
D/D can't get hit without killing the entire deck. The combos are all about recycling over and over so limits don't work.
>EMEM still get support to this day
When was the last time PERFORMAGES got support? Oh yeah, they made Dennis kill himself so they don't have to give Performages support.
Performapals aren't the whole deck, they just gave searching and r4 bodies.
> He's had 3 full duels over 120 episodes unless you want to count the Duel Chasers where everyone dueled. Then he has 4.
He's just too strong to get on screen duels.
He had a huge advatange over Yuya in both of their duels.
He took out Roger in a single turn and locked him in a infinite loop.
He beat Security like they were nothing.
Has any other rival come close to that?
>>
File: Magician Girls.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Magician Girls.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>145704693
>Kaz is a massive Kaibafag and made a whole movie for him while designing great cards for him
Homolust.avi the movie and the cards from the movie suck ass.
The only reason Blue-eyes does so well is Return of the Dragon Lords is a broken monster reborn for Dragons and Spirit Dragon is a hard wall for Metalfoes to deal with.
If it weren't for these two factors, Blue-eyes would be as dead as it was from 1999.
>>
>>145705135
>cards from the movie suck ass.

Tell that to Alternative. Kaz made the one card that makes Blue-Eyes competitive. The deck sucks without Alt.
>>
>>145704930
>You can just say you don't know how this game works

You aren't even making sense anymore. The post said that they weren't using Reiji because D/D was in danger of being tier one. I countered by saying there are at least 3 other decks just as good as it so it isn't in any danger of being tier one. You then dance around that by talking about helmet decks and accusing me of not knowing how to play the game.

>D/D can't get hit without killing the entire deck. The combos are all about recycling over and over so limits don't work.

That doesn't stop them from hitting other decks.

>When was the last time PERFORMAGES got support? Oh yeah, they made Dennis kill himself so they don't have to give Performages support.
Performapals aren't the whole deck, they just gave searching and r4 bodies.

Dennis wasn't on the show after getting destroyed. It has nothing to do with his deck. Again, if they wanted to make more cards for a deck they would. Because no matter how bad a card is if someone likes the archetype they'll buy it.

>He's just too strong to get on screen duels.

Nothing suggests that

>He had a huge advatange over Yuya in both of their duels.

A scripted duel

>He took out Roger in a single turn and locked him in a infinite loop.

Roger lost to Sora and Tsukikage before that. The loop depended on the intrusion penalty and again, scripted duel.

>He beat Security like they were nothing.

Everyone beats fodder

>Has any other rival come close to that?

Jack beat a Dark Signer but Jack went to shit after that arc
Kaito beat a Barian and never lost to Yuma
Kaiba beat someone who could see into the future and people don't care about Kaiba's record against Yugi, they love his personality
Depending on who you consider Judai's rival, Manjoume threw a duel he had won against him, Edo beat him, Ryo beat him

If all you're basing a character on is their W/L record you must think Yusei is the best duelist ever.
>>
>>145705263
It also sucks worse without Spirit Dragon.
Take this away but keep Alternative and enjoy getting destroyed by even Dinomist.
This one card is why it even competes with Burning Abyss and Monarchs.
Alternative just makes summoning it easier.
>>
>>145705308
>scripted duel
Different anon here, but it's an anime.
All the duels are scripted, including Kaiba's.
>>
>>145705308
>tier one
meant tier zero but point remains. It doesn't matter how helmet a deck is. If another deck is better people will learn it. Satellarknights were the most brainless deck ever and other decks still got played over them.
>>
>>145705421
That's the point. Reiji was made to look dominating over Yuya in a scripted duel not to show that Reiji's deck was powerful. But to show that Reiji was so far above Yuya at that point. The Jean duel was again scripted to make Reiji look good and like an amazing duelist. Not just because of his deck. They always make a point of saying that in Yugioh. It isn't the deck. It's the duelist.
>>
File: 1470231738943.jpg (5KB, 250x155px) Image search: [Google]
1470231738943.jpg
5KB, 250x155px
>>145705308
>If all you're basing a character on is their W/L record you must think Yusei is the best duelist ever.
Are you trying to imply he isn't?
Because if you are, you're dead wrong and committing blasphemy.
>>
I just realize that this "survival duel" is the best way to bring in other characters. Tsukikage and Sawatari are gone. Gon is gonna get beaten. And Crow might lose.

This way they can bring "Back up" like Masumi, Uncarded Hokuto, Yaiba and Mieru with Shaddolls, Stellarknights, Yang Zing and Nekroz respectively since they are no longer part of the OCG/TCG meta anymore
>>
>>145705676
That's stupid. Those characters aren't a part of the plot, wouldn't know where to go, wouldn't have a way of getting to the survival duel field and it's already confirmed that Jack is showing up to help.
>>
>>145705676
>uncarded Hokuto
>bringing in more characters when the entire point of these episodes is to reduce the cast size
Literal garbage
>>
File: yugi.jpg (277KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
yugi.jpg
277KB, 1024x512px
>>145705538
If we're going by strict W/L then manga Yugi is the best duelist and there is no mention of him ever losing a duel in the manga. Anime Yugi doesn't count since that's not the original canon. Anime Yusei still had that flashback loss to Jack even if he never lost on-screen.
>>
>>145705308
D/D is different.
The high skill ceiling means not everybody can play it unlike other decks which are easy to figure out.
>That doesn't stop them from hitting other decks
Other decks aren't D/D.
>Dennis wasn't on the show after getting destroyed. It has nothing to do with his deck.
So Dennis going away for several episodes in the middle of the EMEM format then showing up when it's other just to die doesn't mean anything?
What a coincidence.
>Nothing suggests that
Whatever you say
>A scripted duel
Are you really complaining about this in an anime?
>Jack beat a Dark Signer but Jack went to shit after that arc
So did Crow and Twins. Dark Signers are just the token villains.
>Kaito beat a Barian and never lost to Yuma
Barians are all jobbers and Yuma is the worst protagonist.
>Kaiba beat someone who could see into the future
Everybody in the series does that at least once.
Besides, All Female duelists are shit so Ishizu barely counts are a worthwhile victory
>Depending on who you consider Judai's rival, Manjoume threw a duel he had won against him, Edo beat him, Ryo beat him
Pre Season 3 Judai is shit, not a huge accomplishment.
>>
>>145705770
>Those characters aren't a part of the plot, wouldn't know where to go, wouldn't have a way of getting to the survival duel field

Don't underestimate the grade A writing and directing staff we have for this show. They will find a way if necessary. Even if they have to butcher all these characters they built up so early in the show.
>>
6th (and probably last) ARC-V ED will be by a group called M!LK

http://natalie.mu/music/news/198145
>>
>>145705811
Manga Yugi a shit.
He only beat Atem since he knew him for the entire manga.
Kaiba and Aigami are shitters so no wonder he beat them.
Even at the end, his black bull had to come back to summon Mahad to beat Aigami.
That loss was off screen and doesn't count and Yusei beat a card which matches the Egyptian Gods, the Dark Signer Boss, Timelords and carried his team through the WRGP by himself.
>>
File: M!LK.jpg (125KB, 730x486px) Image search: [Google]
M!LK.jpg
125KB, 730x486px
This is M!LK
>>
File: Level 0.png (856KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Level 0.png
856KB, 1280x720px
Why didn't he tag along? I'm sure he would have been able to defeat Glad Beasts
>>
File: yugiandanzu.jpg (17KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
yugiandanzu.jpg
17KB, 300x275px
>>145705995
>That loss was off screen and doesn't count

Yeah it does. Everything in Yusei's dueling history counts if we go by a strict W/L record. Let's not forget all the millions of asspulls Yusei had by the way. Yugi won all his duels with skill and tactics. The only thing you could say is the Mahad card in DSOD but everything else he outskilled his opponents. Not to mention Yusei has a fucking stone wall personality to go along which his asexuality while Yugi loves the bitches.
>>
File: OHHHHHHH YUYA.jpg (103KB, 496x701px) Image search: [Google]
OHHHHHHH YUYA.jpg
103KB, 496x701px
>>145705973
I want to milk yuya
>>
>>145705973
So SUPER DRAGON for OP

and M!LK for ED

These are some weird band names. Hopefully they give us a good ED. I doubt any ED song will surpass Vision but hopefully the visuals will be good. As for SUPER DRAGON I just want something on HANATE level.
>>
File: 1451087935786.png (259KB, 513x466px) Image search: [Google]
1451087935786.png
259KB, 513x466px
>>145706091
> Not to mention Yusei has a fucking stone wall personality to go along which his asexuality while Yugi loves the bitches.
Too bad Anzu is fucking Chad, Tyrone, Jamal and John in NYC while he's stuck jacking off to Magi Girls.
Meanwhile, Yusei could always rebuild Bruno or ride his D-WHEEL to pass the time.
>>
>>145705894
>D/D is different.
>The high skill ceiling means not everybody can play it unlike other decks which are easy to figure out.

No. It's not different. The only thing different is your fanboyish. There are videos all over the internet whether it be Youtube or NicoNico explaining how to use decks and advanced strategies for those decks. If one person can learn how to use a deck anyone can. It's Yugioh.

>Other decks aren't D/D.

D/D isn't treated as special.

>So Dennis going away for several episodes in the middle of the EMEM format then showing up when it's other just to die doesn't mean anything?

Yes. It means nothing because the reason he got written out in Synchro made sense. Episodes are written months in advance. They didn't just write the character out because of the real life meta. That's dumb. If anything they'd keep him around to shill more cards to sell. Meta decks sell.

>Are you really complaining about this in an anime?

I'm not complaining about it. I'm letting you understand why Reiji was dominate in those duels or why anyone is dominate in any duel. People who run shitty decks beat out people with better decks because the duels are scripted.

>So did Crow and Twins. Dark Signers are just the token villains.

Dark Signers are better duelists than anyone Reiji has ever fought.

>Barians are all jobbers and Yuma is the worst protagonist.

Barians are better duelists than anyone Reiji has ever fought and Yuma is a more developed character than anyone in Arc-V

>Everybody in the series does that at least once.

List them

>Besides, All Female duelists are shit so Ishizu barely counts are a worthwhile victory

Many female duelists actually have winning records

>Pre Season 3 Judai is shit, not a huge accomplishment.

S2 Judai beat a God and tied with Ryo. I don't know what your criteria for shit is but it seems way off.
>>
File: WHY YOU LYING.png (270KB, 746x756px) Image search: [Google]
WHY YOU LYING.png
270KB, 746x756px
>>145706192
>Many female duelists actually have winning records
Aside from Anzu, what female duelist has a win record greater than her loss record?
HARD MODE : No Aki
>>
>>145706185
>while he's stuck jacking off to Magi Girls.

>implying he isn't drowning in his German female co-worker's pussies while wowing them with his game design expertise and ingenuity
>>
>>145706265
Asuka
>>
File: 1448322235260.png (276KB, 596x417px) Image search: [Google]
1448322235260.png
276KB, 596x417px
>>145706192
>Dark Signers are better duelists than anyone Reiji has ever fought.
>Barians are better duelists than anyone Reiji has ever fought and Yuma is a more developed character than anyone in Arc-V
>Many female duelists actually have winning records
>>
>>145706333
Only if you count those tag duels where Judai literally carried her
>>
>>145706265
Shizuka.
>>
>>145706333
Asuka's something like 3-3-0
And at least one of those Judai carried her so hard he told her to step off and do nothing so that he COULD carry her.
>>
>>145706406
Even without those she has a winning record.
6-5 without tags and flashbacks
7-6 with flashbacks
11-6 with tags
>>
>>145706265
Rebecca. She's 3-2.
>>
File: DAMN YOU DARK SIGNERS.png (126KB, 579x215px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN YOU DARK SIGNERS.png
126KB, 579x215px
>>145706402
Dark Signers are dirty cheaters who do not follow the natural laws of dueru
>>
>>145706473
So you really think Asuka only had 6 duels in all of GX?
>>
File: Asuka_win_record.png (36KB, 861x764px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka_win_record.png
36KB, 861x764px
>>145706333
Just a reminder, tags and flashbacks don't count.
>>
>>145706402
>Dark Signers are better duelists than anyone Reiji has ever fought.

Dark Signers are somewhat competent so yeah they would definitely pose a challenge to Reiji.

>Several Unknown Duelist - Win (off screen; flashback)

>Duel Academy staff - No result (with Celina; flashback)

>Yuya Sakaki - Lose (forfeit)

>Yuya Sakaki - No result (Imagination)

>Barrett - Win

>Yuya Sakaki - Win

>Duel Chasers - Win (off-screen)

>Duel Chasers - Win (off-screen)

>Duel Chasers - Win (with Chojiro Tokumatsu, Gong Strong, Riley Akaba, Shay Obsidian, and Sylvio Sawatari)

>Jean-Michel Roger - Win x2

He's had 10 duels and 5 of them are against fodder. Jean is a scrub. Yuya is a scrub. Barett is the only one that has some level of competency but that's because Yuya is such a scrub he fell into his retarded Beastborg lock.

Reiji's record is severly inflated and he needs to duel someone who can give him a real challenge.
>>
File: 1471241397125.png (73KB, 1265x284px) Image search: [Google]
1471241397125.png
73KB, 1265x284px
>>145706192
>No. It's not different. The only thing different is your fanboyish. There are videos all over the internet whether it be Youtube or NicoNico explaining how to use decks and advanced strategies for those decks. If one person can learn how to use a deck anyone can. It's Yugioh
>>
Lets look at a few female records. If tags don't count then
Rio 2-1
Asuka 6-5
Camula 2-1
Sherry 1-3
Aki 4-3
Carly 1-2
Yubel 3-1
>>
File: kotori1.jpg (165KB, 382x905px) Image search: [Google]
kotori1.jpg
165KB, 382x905px
>>145706828
Kotori is undefeated
Kotori is best
>>
File: 1471224673030.png (168KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1471224673030.png
168KB, 446x357px
>>145706735
>Dark Signers are somewhat competent so yeah they would definitely pose a challenge to Reiji.
Literally only Kiryu, Roger and Godwin since they were challenges to Yusei
Misty and Carly are chicks so they're automatically shit.
Bomber got shilled to death by Crow
Monkeyman got rekt by the Twins
Then again, Reiji knows how to play around his opponent so Spiders won't be an issue and he has out to the Sun and Moon synchros and if all he has to do is destroy the field spell, he's beaten all the Earthbound Immortals.
Kiryu vs Reiji would be a true match of skill but he'd come on top.
>>
File: Téa_Gardner.png (342KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Téa_Gardner.png
342KB, 640x480px
>>145706900
No, I'm (me) undefeated.
I'm (me) the best.
>>
File: 1455502068943.jpg (137KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455502068943.jpg
137KB, 1024x768px
>>145706828
>Yubel
>female
>>
File: IV and anzu.jpg (521KB, 800x724px) Image search: [Google]
IV and anzu.jpg
521KB, 800x724px
>>145706941
>lost to American D
>>
>>145703779
>video
how do you beat that set-up?
>>
>>145706990
You don't.
You simply scoop and side Kaijus g2.
>>
>>145706901
>since they were challenges to Yusei

Yusei is a shit duelist though and you shouldn't compare him to Reiji. Yusei asspulls everything and has 0 skill. Reiji doesn't have to do that because his deck is consistent and he knows how to use it to its full potential. So really none of the Dark Signers would stand a chance.
>>
>>145707019
oh damn, today's meta is too damn scary
>>
>>145706990
Super Poly
Kaiju
Lava Golem/Volc Queen
>>
>>145706990
Winged Dragon of Ra Sphere Mode :^)
>>
>>145707052
Lel. Konami is bad at designing the game so stuff like this will look like child's play in a couple of years when the usual powercreep happens.
>>
>Shun and Ruri episode this week
>No Shunfagging and Rurifagging going on constantly in this thread
What the fuck man? Guys, I'm very disappointed.
>>
>>145707052
If you think that's bad then EMEM will make you quit the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZOTSF7aiY
>>
>>145706990
Spread your legs and take it up the ass
Or just side Kaiju
>>
File: 1468991041871.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [Google]
1468991041871.png
5KB, 601x695px
>>145707124
but anon, i'm more concerned on making petdecks good, or at least playable

;_;
>>
>>145706022
I forgot that this guy should still be in Fusion. I guess he's enjoying touring the town or something.
>>
>>145707149
Too caught up on Ninjabro dying without even a proper duel. And fighting about which rivals are better I guess.
>>
>>145706968
Half is close enough
>>
>>145707149
I don't care about Ruri, honestly.
>>
File: Cp0azCyUEAAZzJB.jpg (908KB, 2002x1847px) Image search: [Google]
Cp0azCyUEAAZzJB.jpg
908KB, 2002x1847px
>>145707149
I want to see more teleporting Shun.
>>
>>145706013
At least 3/5 of them look like the hit puberty
>>
>>145706013
>>145707500
At least all of this group actually sings.

SUPER DRAGON has no fucking excuse. It's what, an instrumentalist, a vocalist, and the other SEVEN dudes are just dancers?
>>
File: 3997972.jpg (237KB, 570x576px) Image search: [Google]
3997972.jpg
237KB, 570x576px
Which Dark Signer had the best story arc?
>>
>>145706900
Nigga Kotori is shit.
>>
>>145707916
I don't really get it either, a duo with backup dancers for live performances seems like it would be more efficient for their agency.
>>
>>145707922
Carly or Kiryu
>>
Why the fuck is my boy Tsukikage dead? Why not kill someone unimportant like Yugo, Yuri, Yuya, Yuzu, Rin, Ruri, Serena, Reiji, Reira, Crow, Gongenzaka, Kaito, Shun, Asuka, Ed, Yusho, All of Synchro, The Tyler Sisters or every other named, voiced or simply referenced characters outside of Sawatari and JACK ATLAS? They all deserved death before Tsukikage god damn
>>
>>145707922
Only one I remember well is Carly so everyone else's arc probably sucked.
>>
>>145707922
Carly and Kiryu.
Reptile-woman had a pretty good one, too.
Honestly, just Devak and Rudger had shit reasons to be Dark Signers. Even Crow had a better motivation in the first draft (if I recall it was something about him wanting to take over the world to protect kids, but I could be wrong).
>>
File: image.png (481KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
481KB, 400x588px
>>145708028
>Yugo through Reira
>>
>>145708297
I don't remember anything about proto-Crow besides that he was a thief who targeted Yusei's D-Wheel
>>
>>145708418
Yeah, I might be mis-remembering something else.
>>
>no card games in this episde

what the FUCK
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>145708456
>>
>>145708456
There is a special purgatory for characters that get 'killed' in an episode without any duels
>>
>>145708456
At least Tsuki got to do some cool ninja jumping and sword fighting r-right?
>>
>>145708668
Sergey shattered his sword in Synchro.
>>
>>145700983
Because I want to form my own opinion on it, just like all the other series past Duel Monsters. Heck, I dodn't even finish DM because it was a good show l.
>>
>>145704507
The last tankouban of the original says, "The TV series hasn't reached its finale yet, but my Yu-Gi-Oh! is over."
>>
>>145703580
Did you forget about the poster of the rivals (including Sawatari) looking evil? I'm pretty sure that was a preview of things to come, especially now that it's confirmed that Jack will be in Academia as well
>>
>>145700983
Because I like it and its characters.
>>
>>145704478
>She was in the prequel manga
What?
>>
>>145703201
Yuuri.
>>
>>145709875
She stopped Kaiba from frying his brain in the Duel Links simulator.
>>
>>145708028
y-yeah let's fucking kill the protagonist haha
>>
What if Sawatari is alive?
>>
>>145710119
It would improve the show.
>>
>>145710183
That's what (You) think. But Yuya going full hitotsu ni is the only way to save the show.
>>
>>145710254
Yuya has already jobbed most of the bad guys, I'm not interested in watching him jobbing all the good guys as well.
>>
M!LK is going to do 6th ED.
http://natalie.mu/music/news/198145
>>
>>145710308
>I'm not interested in ARC-V
Then you shouldn't be discussing ways to improve it in the first place. Just drop it and get done with it.
>>
>>145710357
Why would I drop it? I enjoy most of the original Arc-V characters. Yuya is just unsalvageable garbage and I'm not interested in him.
>>
>>145710357
I think this is one of the things I find funniest. People don't like Yusei because he never lost and he was "too perfect" in his series and it was too boring to watch, but people don't like Yuya because he barely wins, so they find him a boring protagonist as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (448KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448KB, 480x640px
>>145706900
Semen Demon
>>
>>145710337
Wasn't it Super Dragon?
>>
>>145710595
Super Dragon is singing new opening.
>>
>>145707019
but kaijus can only get rid of 1 card
>>
>>145710538
For one, different people have different opinions.

And Yuya loses more than Yusei, but whether or not an MC is engaging goes beyond their W/L record. People have taken issue with how Academia has reacted to him throughout Xyz, which goes beyond the simple act of officially winning the duel. I think you're just a little retarded.
>>
>>145710488
>I don't like X character for personal reasons so writing him out of the show would be an improvement
How frivolous.
>>
>>145710703
Considering I don't expect him to get any better and how it would mean other characters would get more spotlight, yes it would be an improvement for me.

Do you have any more worthless comments to add or are you done licking your Yuya dildo?
>>
>>145710685
From my standpoint, you're actually the retarded one. You are judging Yuya's entire character by basing yourself on a 12 episodes long rushed story arc. What about the 100 episodes that came before it, in which Yuya had to struggle in order to defend his ideals, forcefully became a child soldier and had to leave his friends in order to save Yuzu? Your analysis of his character is shit because you're still pissed over Xyz arc and are unable to take into account his entire character arc.
>>
>>145710817
>for me
That's the whole point. Your biased opinion wouldn't make the show any better.
>>
>>145710817
>Defending a character is considering as a worthless comment
Okay, I'm done talking.
>>
>>145710836
Note that I never stated what I actually personally think about Yuya (which is so-so overall), but Yusei having a character at the start doesn't negate how he was handled later on to many viewers.

Xyz arc was also supposed to be part of that proof or culmination of all that happened with him in Synchro and it was a pretty bad mess, so it's just even more emphasized.
>>
>>145710836
I don't get why anyone bothers to act like the show bothers to sell the
>child soldier
bit when he spent ~2 cours in a hotel being fed 3 meals a day. And there was little to no mortal danger in Synchro and most of Standard. Not to mention all the past Yugioh MCs and their groups who were also teens working to save the world (besides 5D's), without being milked for the tragic child soldier angle.
>>
>>145710863
It would make the show better for me and anyone else who is tired of him.

Not even the nips care about him anymore and the trash ratings this show draws these days prove it.
>>
>>145710905
The narrative hasn't even talked about the Child Soldier angle since Standard, outside of Reira. It's just people being bitchy.
>>
>>145710914
Again, that's your and the others opinion. There are still other fans that need catering to.

Also low ratings doesn't mean shit when 5D's was near as enough as Arc-V's yet Yusei scored 6th.
>>
>>145710914
>My opinions matter the most: the post
>>
>>145711000
>Also low ratings doesn't mean shit when 5D's was near as enough as Arc-V's yet Yusei scored 6th.
Doesn't that just make Arc-V look even worse, considering the show's original characters' relative popularity
>>
>>145701529
weather report?
>>
>>145711000
Arc-V ratings are way worse than 5D's, with Yuya at the helm this show achieved the worst ratings in YGO history. Even on Nico it was ranked below absolute trash shows.

If you wanna pretend everything is ok then go ahead but it won't change the facts.
>>
>>145702856
pretty sure he's talking about quasar being a good card at that time, of course right now it's literally trash that dies to Crystal Wing
>>
>>145700813
He's the second best because Sergey actually beat 3 characters and one of them was the MC.

Roger was just an entertaining guy because his voice actor was extremely talented but his character was just a failed keikaku after another.
>>
>>145711064
It was a sad day when Nico ranked it lower than fucking Servamp.
>>
>>145711064
Arc-V has never had high ratings though even in episodes that are centric to other characters.
>>
>>145711145
Yeah. The show's issues are broader than just the MC being annoying or obnoxious
>>
>>145711130
That was only one episode. Still, it was a shocker.
>>
>>145711145
What was the rating for episodes 33-34?
>>
File: 1392784375220.png (347KB, 705x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392784375220.png
347KB, 705x500px
>>145711130
>lower than fucking Servamp.

Ahahahaha how the fuck do you manage that?
>>
>>145704078
>Not only does that deck use cards Reiji doesn't have but it doesn't even play like Reiji does in the anime. Waste of time posting it.
AQUABA RAGE will steal Crystal Wing and turn it into a D/D/D card, screencap this
>>
>>145711130
What episode?
>>
>>145711191
I have no idea if you people are talking about nico ratings/viewcounts, or actual broadcast tv ratings.

Because if you actually have tv ratings for episodes besides 99-100, why aren't you fucking sharing the link/source?
>>
>>145711216
It was the episode where academia defected after one speech from Edo. It was expected.
>>
>>145706473
There's a Yugioh wikia that lists the wins and losses of each character, my son. She is the best female duelist with 6 wins total.
>>
>>145711235
The TV ratings have been posted here before, search the archive.
>>
>>145711216
By going the extra mile to be offensive, instead of just boring or mediocre.
>>
>>145710894
Yusei was shit from episode 66 on. This is not comparable to a story arc of 12 episodes which was supposed to show that Yuya became a competent entertainer but wasn't believable enough because of how rushed it was. There's a clear difference.

>>145710905
The child soldier part is emphasized at the end of Standard. None of the Lancers are happy to become dimensional soldiers and Yuya is forced to do it because he wanted to save Yuzu.
>in a hotel being fed 3 meals a day
As a prisoner. He couldn't get out of the hotel, and it was all to ensure that he couldn't escape from the Friendship Cup's deathmatches.
>all the past Yugioh MCs and their groups who were also teens working to save the world
Sure, but in ARC-V's case, they're not doing it out of free will. They're being forced by Reiji.
Also, I'm not even milking the child soldier part. You're reading too much into this.
>>
>>145706185
>Too bad Anzu is fucking Chad, Tyrone, Jamal and John in NYC while he's stuck jacking off to Magi Girls.
Not to mention she lobed Atem instead of Yugo, the whole time Yugi was prepping the KANGZ bull.
>>
>>145711263
I don't see shit, senpai. Surely someone would have posted and reposted screenshots of those numbers if they can use it as fuel to say Arc-V is garbage
>>
File: kekarot.gif (483KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
kekarot.gif
483KB, 500x278px
>>145711280
>Yusei was shit from episode 66 on

And Yuya was shit from episode 1 so.
>>
>>145706735
The Dark Signers are competent because their characters were decent and the arc is in the top 3 of the franchise.

But they all lost except Kiryu where the Seven Stars actually won some damn duels.
>>
>>145711319
Muh daddyissuesfags still exist? I thought you guys were dead.
>>
File: 1.jpg (20KB, 461x114px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
20KB, 461x114px
>>145711315
Wait, I found this (from yaraon)
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/85002
>>
>>145711392
>three 0.0
LUL
>>
>>145707272
This is really sad. This dumbass Level 0 nigga is stuck in the Fusion dimension with no way home. Revenge is truly worth the wait.
>>
>>145711491
It's pretty abysmal. TV is dying and all, but those numbers for an evening slot on TV Tokyo? Jeez.
>>
>>145711392
Do we have the ratings for the latest episodes? I want to know how fusion holds with XYZ?
>>
>>145711539
Why don't you try rooting through yaraon for yourself and find out? I can't read nip
>>
>nips triggered because Shun smacked Ruri for using TRASH cards
Shun is literally based
>>
File: CpzutWDUMAE6Qa3.jpg (100KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CpzutWDUMAE6Qa3.jpg
100KB, 1200x675px
>>145711671
Nips confirmed for trash duelists.
>>
>>145705973
These fucking boy band openings and endings make me miss the DM openings
>>
>>145711979
I don't mind boybands as long as they're not literally whos that were scrabbled together less than a year ago
>>
File: disinterested disgust.png (608KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disinterested disgust.png
608KB, 1280x720px
>>145711979
I don't mind boy bands terribly so long as they aren't SEVEN BACKUP DANCERS HOLY SHIT. I've been letting the news stew for a couple of days now and I STILL don't understand.

Like, if Super Dragon has to do a recording, do they just call in the two dudes, or do all 9 of them come in and the 7 dancers just dance in the background while the two real musicians actually do work?
>>
>>145712048
Believe X Believe was alright, I didn't mind it since the show was somewhat lighthearted back then, but having jpop shit for what is potentially the last opening when shit going down? Hell no.

OP 5 is so god damn bad. I'm disappointed they didn't change it after coming to Fusion
>>
>>145711392
The comments:
>名無しさん :
寧ろ遊戯王ARC-Vってどんだけゴミなんだよ
>basically says ARC-V is garbage
>何言ってんの
ARC-Vのおかげでいろんな世代が遊戯王に再燃してんのに
>praises ARC-V for rekindling the previous generations
>一応言うとARC-Vは全国放送じゃないんだ・・・
>says ARC-V isn't broadcasted nationally(?)
>>
>>145712210
OP6 is going to have a dark rapperish tone to it. So maybe it could fit the tone with Hitotsuni and all.
>>
File: image.jpg (715KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
715KB, 2048x1536px
>>
Dont tell me that Crow is making it out of this okay but Shingo and Tsukikage both get carded.
>>
>>145712418
Yep.
>>
File: image.png (224KB, 447x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
224KB, 447x337px
>>145712418
Nostalgia was and is always a problem
>>
>mieru doujin
>no comment about yugioh
>>
>>145712320
>rap
>Yugioh
Are you sure this is a good combination
>>
>>145712209
They will probably make a music video
>>
>>145712373
>Yuto and Shun run DARK monsters
>Ruri runs a rank 1 WIND winged beasts
>>
>>145712983
YO YUYA
>>
File: 1426740081033.png (245KB, 436x359px) Image search: [Google]
1426740081033.png
245KB, 436x359px
>>145712320
>OP6 is going to have a dark rapperish tone to it. So maybe it could fit the tone with Hitotsuni and all.
This whole post after having seen some of Super Dragon in action just makes me recoil. I hope their music producer is absolutely amazing at what they do.
>>
>>145713083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTlH7KB0Xk
>>
>>145712210
I think OP 5 is the only Yugioh OP I ever skip besides when GX was using 99% for a really, really long span of episodes. ED 5 was the best ED Arc-V's had and it got a powerpoint presentation, what a shame.
>>
>>145712210
>>145713222
ZETSUBOUUUUUUUU
>>
>>145713222
>yfw full version of Light of Hope shits the bed after 2:30
>>
>>145707922

Misty or Kiryu

They had genuine reasons to hate their respective Signers
>>
>>145713589
Kiryu had a good reason in-character, but once you learn the wider image it all looks really dumb in hindsight.

That's life, though.
>>
>>145713498
>>145713499
Zetsubou is definitely what I felt when I listened to the full OP
>>
File: kiryu.jpg (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kiryu.jpg
128KB, 500x500px
>>145713662
inferinty doom dragon looked retarded
>>
>>145700983
It keeps me interested enough and also brainwashed girls
>>
File: 58042463_p0.png (515KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58042463_p0.png
515KB, 800x1200px
>>145712373
Shun and Ruri have pretty similar chants for their monsters. I wonder how many LL Xyz monsters she has.
>>
Sound duel when?
>>
File: yuus mario party.jpg (338KB, 409x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yuus mario party.jpg
338KB, 409x1200px
>>145714751
are we still waiting for 4?
>>
>>145712373
>YuyaYuzu mat
>RR monsters

This image eases my mind.
>>
>>145712983
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoftWzc6Cto
No problem. It'll have J-Rock mixed in.
>>
>>145711671
>Shun actually behaves like a normal brother during his old heartland days, complete with flaws stemming from his pro duelist mentality seeping into his normal relationships, thereby fleshing out his character a bit more and making his current obsession over Ruri arguably more endearing

>Nips get triggered because he isn't a one-note perfect onii-chan all the time.

Nips really have the worst taste all the time, don't they?
>>
>>145715195
Yes. 2ch nips are especially bad.
>>
>>145715195
>Shun has the best intentions for Ruri by making sure she doesn't run TRASH card that suit her perfectly
>nips get triggered by this
need to drop another bomb on them
>>
File: shun12.jpg (281KB, 873x675px) Image search: [Google]
shun12.jpg
281KB, 873x675px
>>145715195
>>145715640
>>145711671
>>145711895
all hail falcon
>>
Brainwashed ruris are the best ruris.
>>
File: 1471137698303.gif (545KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1471137698303.gif
545KB, 300x169px
>>145716640
Amen
>>
File: Cpzut5IUIAArktF.jpg (107KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cpzut5IUIAArktF.jpg
107KB, 1200x675px
What is love?
>>
>>145712373
Just got Ultimate Falcon the other day, hope it shows up in the inevitable duel between Shun and his imouto
>>
File: 1460709854744.jpg (713KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460709854744.jpg
713KB, 1600x1200px
>>145716897
No shun is a great onii chan!He has a reason right, it's all for Ruri.
Where the fuck are my cute xyz trio flash backs?
>>
>>145716995
His reason is that he doesn't want his imouto hanging out with that living curse known as Sayaka. Literally everyone who gets close to her finds misfortune.

>Ruri got kidnapped
>Allen almost got carded
>Shun would have died to rocks without his DBZ machine
>Kaito was thrown out of a window and to his death, saved at the last minute by Falcon

Beware of the four-eyed menace.
>>
>>145717195
>Dennis died because of little fairy

Sayaka is the devil.
>>
>>145716897
preventing your imouto from running trash
>>
is the org down?
>>
>>145693349
Fuck you and your eyebrowns
>>
File: oops yuri fucked up.jpg (192KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
oops yuri fucked up.jpg
192KB, 400x513px
>>145717590
>eyebrowns
>>
>>145702165
Kaiba.
Every other rival is shit compared to him
>>
>>145717688
Shit, I meant eyebrows.
Time for me to an hero
>>
Any onii-chan that lets his imouto use trash cards is a bad onii-chan.
>>
>>145703779

>playing alone
>five monsters in the first turn

That's why I don't buy a single card anymore, only virtual games. I remember when ritual was OP because you could summon two monsters with 2500+ in the first turn, now look at this shit, fucking idiots.
>>
File: CpzuQPyUsAA89lm.jpg (101KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CpzuQPyUsAA89lm.jpg
101KB, 1200x675px
>>145717970
>tfw your imouto tries to use shitty Level 3 cards in a Rank 1 deck.
>>
>>145718391
>Ritual was OP
That bait is too obvious, anon.
>>
File: 1435497220716.jpg (376KB, 1904x1984px) Image search: [Google]
1435497220716.jpg
376KB, 1904x1984px
>>145706900
>Shorts
Indeed the proof of a Semen Demon
>>
>>145700983
I finish shows I start. The second half death spiral the show's been having always seems to be corrected for a few episodes which gives me hope that all this rushing will make the finale really good and developed but then we get duel monkey filler, or pirate filler, or something else like that. I was burned by 5ds and the sex cults so the pain of Arc-v getting worse is actually pretty numb. If anything, it made me go back and watch 1-64 of 5ds again and I'm enjoying it. God damn though, watching another show murder itself along with watching 5ds again and knowing 65-154 exist really makes me pray to the konami gods to make a 5Ds reboot or something. We'll get a DM reboot before that, but I can dream.
>>
File: 1469018746765.png (16KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
1469018746765.png
16KB, 200x163px
>>145706828
>anna not even in that list

it's a real shame she never became the main supporting character, and instead, a side side side character.
>>
>>145718591
Askua and mana Anzu are wearing skirts
>>
>>145718517

I-it was not?
>>
>>145706828
I don't think a character more shafted than sherry exists. DM had maybe Bakura because he was the actual big bad but was a near filler villain till the last arc. GX had floating duel disk. Zexal had The number club, and Arc-v has gon and shingo being complete jobbers. None of them get actively shit on like sherry did though.
>>
>>145718591
Aki BTFO
>>
>>145704812
>GX and Zexal
>great ending
>>
>>145719076
Well, Ritual has had three decks in the history of the game which were OP during their respective eras
Demise format during GX era
Gishki during 2012 in OCG
and
Nekroz in 2015

At all other times aside maybe herald of perfection being somewhat meta during synchro era, rituals have been basically complete inconsistent trash.
>>
>>145719714
>Zexal was the only series in the franchise's history that managed to actually fuck up the ceremonial duel beyond repair
>There are people who consider its ending "great"

Christ.
>>
>>145719714
Zexal II was great even better than the first 64 episodes of 5D's
>>
>>145720088
Zexal II was worse than Zexal I. It's nowhere close to 5Ds part 1.
>>
File: carly.png (516KB, 1034x531px) Image search: [Google]
carly.png
516KB, 1034x531px
>carly being THIS desperate
>>
File: 1470783741580.jpg (31KB, 293x295px) Image search: [Google]
1470783741580.jpg
31KB, 293x295px
>>145720380
Truly, a date to die for
>>
>>145720076
>>Zexal was the only series in the franchise's history that managed to actually fuck up the ceremonial duel beyond repair
If you don't think that all out war between Utopia and Gagagas, Dododos, Gogogos and Zubabas was one of the best this franchise has ever seen you don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.
The double shining draw and Yuma making his own number with the power of Chaos and destroying the door was one of the best moments ever.
>>
>tfw Arc-V has gotten so bad ZEXALfags have enough confidence to say their series is better

Fucking Ono.
>>
>>145721963
>Double shining draw
Fucking disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>145722082
ZEXALfags have always been delusional fucks. Them acting smug when arc-v occasionally goes below average is ridiculous considering how much of their series is nigh unwatchable.
>>
>>145720380
When your husbando ignores you after pretty much jumping though hoops to bring you back of course you would be desprate.
>>
File: Shingetsu_Rei.jpg (270KB, 1355x766px) Image search: [Google]
Shingetsu_Rei.jpg
270KB, 1355x766px
>>145720117
Zexal II was miles better than Zexal I. Vector made everything tolerable.
>>
>>145689094
Who?
>>
>>145722529
It's YGO, het must never exist for this franchise to be successful
In all 5 series there was not a single relevant het pairing
>>
>>145689099
>In current year
>>
>>145722635
Vector didn't make up for Yuma, Shark, and Kaito all becoming either outright ruined or less interesting
>>
File: 1418249458695.jpg (167KB, 825x975px) Image search: [Google]
1418249458695.jpg
167KB, 825x975px
>>145722756
>In all 5 series there was not a single relevant het pairing
>>
>>145722772
He madw Zexal watchable.
>>
>>145722801
they're so hetero it's gay anon
>>
File: 1421348405800.jpg (211KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1421348405800.jpg
211KB, 560x560px
>>145722866
Sure thing anon
>>
>>145721454
I hope she makes those faces to Yuya when they duel.
>>
>>145705419
>Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more monsters at the same time.

Meme
>>
I will build a tower -- and nobody builds towers better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great tower on an island somewhere, and I will make Yugi pay for that tower. Then I'll beat him in a duel on top of that tower. Mark my words.
>>
>>145688931
Holy Shit Shinji is such a faggot
>>
Wait Rally is kill?

this is fucking bullshit
>>
>>145723630
please proceed to jump off right after you build it
>>
>>145723912
You know I'm not sure how this didn't kill him.
>>
>>145724017
Because he's a main character.

Neither the invisible guns.
>>
>>145724017
NAS logic. It's the same logic that thought Kaiba could take on Jonouchi in a fight when he would get his ass handed to him 10 times out of 10, which is why he decided to duel him in DK instead.
>>
>>145713146
Have you seen the Naturo german one?
>>
>Tsukikage dies
>no ED change to reflect his death

Fuck this show
>>
File: image.jpg (495KB, 800x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495KB, 800x776px
>>145724490
The ED has Gon, Yuya and Yuzu. It'll probably only change if Yuzu gets brainwashed or Gon is carded
>>
File: grace and tsuki.jpg (205KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
grace and tsuki.jpg
205KB, 700x700px
>>145724490
ric in card based ninjabro
>>
>>145724490
Could Tsukikage still be alive?
>>
>>145724561
>yuya alone on the mokey bars
>yuya running to the sunset alone
>yuya looking at the sunset alone
have we reached maximum zetsubou?
>>
>>145724748
Yuya literally picked up his card, he's gone anon
>>
File: tsukikage under the sheets.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tsukikage under the sheets.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>>145724748
in a card yes
>>
>>145724836
>Yuya jumps into the ocean alone
>>
File: yuya swimming.png (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
yuya swimming.png
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>145724935
>>
>>145724935
That got dark quickly
>>
>>145716897
I want to see Ruri bullied even more
>>
>>145725211
I want to bully Ruri
>>
>>145725349
I want to bully Ruri with my d-hero
>>
File: ruri5.jpg (362KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ruri5.jpg
362KB, 960x1280px
>>145725211
>>145725349
get fukt you asscunt faggots, leave and never return
>>
File: 57475359_p0.jpg (409KB, 690x946px) Image search: [Google]
57475359_p0.jpg
409KB, 690x946px
>>145725211
Enjoy watching Ruri bully her onii-chan.
>>
Should I watch GX for Asuka/Alexis or is she not in it that much? I've only ever watched the first 10 episodes or so (and caught some of the dumb Neos episodes before)
>>
>>145725565
Asuka isn't worth it. She's in it a lot, but she's boring as fuck personality-wise.
>>
>>145725565
You shouldn't watch GX or Arc-V for Asuka. She's a garbage character in both. She's pretty decent in the GX manga though so check that out.
>>
>>145725565
there is a very infamous beach episode with her in it
>>
File: image.png (138KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138KB, 250x354px
If this doesn't play during the eventual Yuya vs Yuzu match, I'm going to be pissed.
https://youtu.be/XlsSrdn3E54
>>
>>145725565

Asuka was my first waifu, but sadly, the GX focus is all in Jaden and his homo relations along the seasons, all she does is duel some times in the first season and then she rarely shows up again.

So, if you're going to watch only because her, the first season is more than enough.
>>
File: obelisk johan.png (385KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
obelisk johan.png
385KB, 600x960px
>>145726176
>4th best
>>
>Not even Tsukikakge, the most stoic duelist in the series, could resist getting carded with an expression of abject terror on his face
the yuyus egao hole is dark indeed
>>
File: zetsubou .png (196KB, 540x311px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubou .png
196KB, 540x311px
>>145724561
>>145724836
>>145724935
>>
File: RUREEEEEEE.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
RUREEEEEEE.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>145716640
Yes.

>>145725211
>>145725349
I want to see Ruri bullying Shun.
>>
File: evil ruri3.png (323KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
evil ruri3.png
323KB, 700x700px
>>145726513
if she slaps Shun like he slapped little fairy out of her hand I'll be happy
>>
Gladiator beast is my favorite deck of all time. I still have the full deck from 2008. Fucking love the unique play style.

Based arc-v, even though you went to shit you're still keep on giving.
>>
>>145726806
I'd imagine that they would get a couple of new traps(hopefully Counter Traps), maybe a few new monsters/CONTACT YUUGO in Raging Tempest.
>>
File: poly.png (348KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
poly.png
348KB, 309x450px
>>145726939
YUUGO JA NE!
YUUGOU DA!
>>
File: image.png (386KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386KB, 308x450px
Reminder that Shun will use this against Ruri
>>
>>145727086
They don't even use fusion to fuse.

Though I wonder how many Meta decks ARC-V has already used besides the ones they introduced?
>>
>>145726153
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkwetoFUjs
>>
>>145726939
Or they might just show off Augustus and Nero.
>>
File: Cp0OUmGVYAAySdM.jpg (117KB, 905x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cp0OUmGVYAAySdM.jpg
117KB, 905x1200px
Why can't Hosoya be this cool?
>>
File: zetsubou1 .png (214KB, 540x311px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubou1 .png
214KB, 540x311px
>>145726415
Should've been this
>>
>>145727963
You're reducing the zetsubou.
>>
File: zetsubou intensifies1.png (814KB, 1311x737px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubou intensifies1.png
814KB, 1311x737px
>>145727963
Not ZETSUBOU enough
>>
File: TheGiftofGreed-TAEV-EN-C-1E.jpg (41KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
TheGiftofGreed-TAEV-EN-C-1E.jpg
41KB, 300x435px
post times when your cards betrayed your trust in them
>>
File: 1459329494007.png (116KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
1459329494007.png
116KB, 400x464px
>>145728121
>>145728184
But it makes the ed better overall
>>
File: Cl3SdPkVYAEExu2.jpg (264KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
Cl3SdPkVYAEExu2.jpg
264KB, 1378x2039px
>>145726513
I want to see more Ruri.
>>
File: EdogawaYuri.jpg (20KB, 512x392px) Image search: [Google]
EdogawaYuri.jpg
20KB, 512x392px
>>145722706
?
>>
>>145728197
Stop trying to fit in. Get out.
>>
>>145703599
>tfw sawatari would actually be a solid player IRL but he's reduced to constantly losing--not even jobbing, because you need to actually seem competent or good to job
>>
>>145727187
SHOUKO MAHOU HATSUDOU
>>
>>145729336
no yuu
>>
>>145728184
DELETE THIS
>>
File: all the zetsubou .png (472KB, 1311x737px) Image search: [Google]
all the zetsubou .png
472KB, 1311x737px
>>145729684
yu
>>
>>145729463
Not with his current deck.
>>
File: neo new and ass actors.jpg (414KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
neo new and ass actors.jpg
414KB, 540x800px
>>145730363
he'll win a duel you'll see
>>
>>145730474
Off-screen, against a faceless slifer, for no reason, he'll be in a pinch during it.

If he had stayed with the darts deck, he would've been the main character.
>>
Even the Benis death was more dramatic, top kek the writers are in rush, Yuya don't even dropped a tear.
>>
>>145730830
Could you at least try to make sense ESL-kun? Yuya did tear up when he saw Ninjabro's card.
>>
Were Kaito and Asuka announced in VJump to return? Maybe we might get one more legacy character in the next VJump.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 960x504px
>>145730830
Were we watching the same episode?
>>
>>145731010
That square elvis gorilla just look at the cards and ignores his pet tomato. Worst friend ever. That's why Sora is the Joey.
>>
>>145731093
To be fair you don't have to cry to feel hurt inside.
>>
>>145731201
Yeah but Arc-V sucks at being subtle.
>>
File: yuya gon hedgear swap.jpg (191KB, 575x812px) Image search: [Google]
yuya gon hedgear swap.jpg
191KB, 575x812px
>>145731093
He's steeling his resolve for the road ahead
>>
>>145731093
As much as I'd want to be in Gon's place and comfort Yuya, I think mourning the dead is the priority.
>>
So this survival duel thing is going to be a quick way to reduce the cast size like when everybody turned into crystal dust in zexal?
>>
>>145731093
>Sora is the Joey.

The more I think of it. Was there any supporting character in any of the spinoff series that was as great a best friend to the MC as Joey?
>>
>>145731093
Technically he was closer to Tsukikage than Yuya was with Tsukikage, so it would make sense for Gon to be sadder of the loss of the ninja.
>>
>>145731319
Just a way to take out the thrash.
>>
>>145731319
>reduce the cast size

Two characters at best. Besides the only characters that matter are Yuu's/Ruri's/Shun/Reiji/Yusho/Leo.
>>
>>145731393
Do you really think this will be the only survival duel?
>>
>>145731366
Sho was an annoying brat.
Crow was... there.
Shark was as much of a friend as Yuma was straight.
Sora is the Joey. Makes total sense. Both of them started out as wanting to learn from the protagonist, and both helped in the protagonist development.
>>
>>145731393
Reiji is just a name.
>>
>>145731366
No.
>>
>>145731481
Unless Crow and Kaito die in the process, I'll be happy.

Also yes, Yuya and Jack are duelling Sanders and the Beast so the survival duel arena will pretty much be resolved soon.
>>
>>145731319
Probably, that way they can move the legacy characters in and reduce the bloated cast. If they get rid of Gon, Shingo, Tsukikage, Shun, and Yugo (I'm assuming he's going to assimilate into Yuya soon), they have room for Edo, Asuka, Jack, Kaito and maybe the Tyler Twins.
>>
Why is Reiji such a minor character? His theme is the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZwhkDrXKA
>>
>>145731583

> and maybe the Tyler Twins.

I want to believe it, Gon pls die ;_;
>>
>>145731828
Sad to say he'll be the most forgotten rival in this franchise's history. 10 years from now everyone will remember Kaiba, Manjoume, Jack, and Kaito while Reiji will be lost to the sands of time. His deck will be powercreeped too so he'll have nothing to remember him by.
>>
>>145731828

>DDD

When giving her one D is not enough.
>>
New
>>145732173
>>145732173
>>
>>145732018
>implying anyone will give a fuck about Kaito or Manjoume

I can see Jack still being remembered and Kaiba has been remembered for 20 years now so another 10 is nothing. Who knows how many rivals we'll have by then if this shit keeps on going.
>>
>>145731583
>maybe the Tyler Twins.

Don't even try to sneak them in. They aren't doing shit. They were doomed the moment their deck relied on tag duels
>>
>>145732222
Kaito was like 4th on the popularity poll and Manjoume ranked higher than any Arc-V character.
>>
>>145732768
Zexal is only 5 years old and Kaito is in Arc-V which gives him more relevancy. Let's see how popular he is 5 years from now.
>>
File: Number 76.png (41KB, 272x167px) Image search: [Google]
Number 76.png
41KB, 272x167px
>potential Gladiator Beast Support
>still no Hieratic Support
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.